Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network (1082 Views)

Help!!! Airtel Is Killing Me Slowly / Airtel Is Giving Unlimited Calls & 28GB Data In India For An Equivalent Of ₦1950 / Airtel Is The Best Network For Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by imsuboi(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2016
I'm writing this epistle to enlighten you all on how completely unreliable airtel network is.

Sometime last week, I stumbled across a thread about the airtel unlimited hourly night plan, as at then, it seemed like a good deal to me.

So, on monday, I went to the their office located at wethdral road, Owerri, imo state. I bought a sim card and registered it, I also bought airtime there and then. The sales rep advised me to make a call within 15-30mins.

I made a phone call which lasted about 8mins.

Later that evening, I purchased airtime of N400, recharged it & waited till 12:00am so as to test run one of their unlimited plans.

Here comes the annoying part,

Firstly, the codes for the plans just wouldn't work. I surfed the web for the new subscription codes. I discovered that they had revised their plans, increasing it from N100 an hour to N500 an hour. That didn't deter me though, I had some really important stuff to download. I recharged the sim card directly from my account.

Secondly, I noticed that the moment I succeeded in subscribing (using the new code), network signal left my phone. I tried putting the sim card in my tab, modem, nothing!

I felt it might be as a result of being a new subscriber.

Yesterday morning (being tuesday), I put the sim in my tab & left for my daily activities.

On getting back around 4:00pm (or thereabouts), I noticed I didn't have any network bar showing.

I tried putting it in my nokia torch to ascertain if my tab has gone nuts. Guess what came up:

Sim registration failed

So, my N400 is stuck in the sim card. This is fraud! daylight robbery!

I'm not writing this piece to badmouth or slander any network, I'm just stating my observation(s). In terms of unreliability, airtel ranks highest.

Etisalat remains the most reliable. The much hated mtn along with glo share a joint second, airtel occupies the last spot.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by waleyp(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2016
Etisalat all the way. Even now that mtn 1000 naira goes for 1.5 gig. I still stick with my etisalat 1k for 1gig. Etisalat network is very fast and the best for now
Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by kiddoiLL(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2016
yimu....one man's meat is another man's poison..Airtel the best...

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by imsuboi(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2016
waleyp:
Etisalat all the way. Even now that mtn 1000 naira goes for 1.5 gig. I still stick with my etisalat 1k for 1gig. Etisalat network is very fast and the best for now

Yeah. Prior to this point in time, I use(d) etisalat on all my internet enabled devices. Right now, due to the fact that I changed location, I had to exploit other options.

That's how I landed myself in this mess.

Airtel is sh1t, really. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by gudluckgreat(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2016
You know Ulakwo Agbala Naze right?
Na glo sure pass for here i tells u.
I dey dance yahozee with glo 3gb for 1k since last 4months
Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by Sunkyphil(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2016
waleyp:
etisalat do double bill
Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by Emeka71(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2016
Airtel has no network in My village. I travelled to Idumuje-unor and no network for Airtel.
Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by waleyp(m): 7:49pm On May 11, 2016
Wow etisalat 1k is now 1.5 gig. I love you so much. But no make your head swell cos i fit change levels if you f up
Re: Airtel Is The Most Unreliable Network by JonSnow(m): 11:17pm On May 11, 2016
People are seeing through airtel's scam. That's a step in the right direction.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Data Services A Huge Disappointment / Google Unveiled Its First Smartphone, Pixel - Check Out Specs And Features / Advice On Phone To Get With 50k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.