Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley (15606 Views)

Bob Marley 35 Years After, The Music Lives On!!! / Who Is More Legendery Bob Marley Or Micheal Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by BurnaKing21: 9:33pm On May 11, 2016
legend of legends........ I bow 4 u oo

pls tell BUHARI dat fuel is now 145
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Sirmuel1(m): 9:33pm On May 11, 2016
Fuel is now 145.
Buhari is the worst thing that could ever happen to any man grin
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by LionInZion: 9:34pm On May 11, 2016
Legend Marley, his songs were my favourite growing up, the lyrics are very awakening to African souls, his music is educative and entertaining. Can't pinpoint my favourite among his songs though, they are just too many I love listening to, Redemption song, Exodus, Waiting in vain, One love, Buffalo soldier, No woman no cry, Stand up, etc, just too many great songs from the great man. Im gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion!

4 Likes

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by teekay213(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2016
StoneLucifer:
The greatest musician that ever lived...No musician can and will ever be as celebrated as Marley even several years after death...His music and philosophies lives on..Jah rastafari, ever faithful, ever liveth, ever sure!!!
you went way too much...what about king of pop micheal jackson?
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Born14clara(m): 9:40pm On May 11, 2016
I miss those days when music made sense

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by goddyben(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2016
so I was mislead when som1 told me DAT lucky dube shot him

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by waveskaaya(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2016
ever faithful,ever sure.from the begging to the end jah can never change.R.I.P Behane Robert Nesta Marley.JAH RASTAFARI

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by sarutobie(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2016
bob marley was not just a musician, he was a true prophet.....all his songs are evergreen...ageless, timeless...immortal...

4 Likes

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Eddygourdo(m): 9:48pm On May 11, 2016
Nakairogold:
Reggae master,he will forever be remembered.
Yeah, money cant buy life.
Prefers Lucky Dube's songs to Marley's.
thought I was the only one. Dube rocks. Whoever killed him must rot in hell

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by doskie(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2016
FuckTheMod:

But I didn't shoot the deputy undecided undecided undecided

Ganga Rasta FRIED RICE master. grin
so i sayyy
If I am guilty i will payyyy...

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by doskie(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2016
Eddygourdo:
omo dube na the boss.

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Dahkogrin007(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2016
simongonner:
bros carry your wahala go politics forum

My wahala is d country wahala my brother
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by haywon(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2016
My favourite song of all time is "don't worry be happy"
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Dyt(f): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
I wanna love you and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
I wanna know - wanna know - wanna know now!
I got to know - got to know - got to know now!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able,
So I throw my cards on your table!
I wanna love you - I wanna love and treat - love and treat you right;
We'll be together, yeah! - with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter, yeah, oh now! - of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.

Wo-o-o-oah! Oh yes, I know; yes, I know - yes, I know now!
Yes, I know; yes, I know - yes, I know now!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able,
So I throw my cards on your table!
See: I wanna love ya, I wanna love and treat ya -
love and treat ya right.
We'll be together, with a roof right over our heads!
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! Jah provide the bread.
We'll share the shelter of my single bed - [fadeout]

11 Likes

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by rjek: 10:02pm On May 11, 2016
Funjosh:
In July 1977, Marley was found to have a type of malignant melanoma under the nail of a toe. Contrary to urban legend, this lesion was not primarily caused by an injury during a football match that year, but was instead a symptom of the already-existing cancer. Marley turned down his doctors' advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs, and instead the nail and nail bed were removed and a skin graft taken from his thigh to cover the area. Despite his illness, he continued touring and was in the process of scheduling a world tour in 1980.

The album Uprising was released in May 1980. The band completed a major tour of Europe, where it played its biggest concert to 100,000 people in Milan. After the tour Marley went to America, where he performed two shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City as part of the Uprising Tour.

Bob Marley appeared at the Stanley Theater (now called The Benedum Center For The Performing Arts) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on 23 September 1980; it would be his last concert. The only known photographs from the show were featured in Kevin Macdonald's documentary film Marley.

Shortly afterwards, Marley's health deteriorated as the cancer had spread throughout his body. The rest of the tour was cancelled and Marley sought treatment at the Bavarian clinic of Josef Issels, where he received a controversial type of cancer therapy (Issels treatment) partly based on avoidance of certain foods, drinks, and other substances. After fighting the cancer without success for eight months Marley boarded a plane for his home in Jamaica.

While Marley was flying home from Germany to Jamaica, his vital functions worsened. After landing in Miami, Florida, he was taken to the hospital for immediate medical attention. Bob Marley died on 11 May 1981 at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in Miami (now University of Miami Hospital) at the age of 36.

The spread of melanoma to his lungs and brain caused his death. His final words to his son Ziggy were "Money can't buy life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marley

My favorite Bob Marley Song is "BUFFALO SOLDIER"
Rest In Peace Bob.
so u mean say he don die tal tal b4 dem born me?
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 11, 2016
prophet marley
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by MARKone(m): 10:07pm On May 11, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3701390_img20160511083047_jpeg90eb6abc9327e61fb86809915731ce61

Respect! Love this man to bits.

Heard an interview where the interviewer, asserted that he Bob Marley is Very rich and enjoying.

Marly told him, "how can i be rich and enjoying while others are suffering".

He is indeed a Legend.

ADEWUMIMichael:
I even taught he was still alive

Don't mind d OP, he is just joking. Of course Bob is still alive, he just finished his new album and it will be in the market next week, he even featured TuPac and Biggy.
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by afrokid(m): 10:07pm On May 11, 2016
Don't worry, about a thing...
Cuz, everything lil thing gonna be alright...
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:07pm On May 11, 2016
I even taught he was still alive
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by excomarow(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2016
Omo! I don smoke weed tire...

I feel highreeeee

Bomboklat yoooo
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by musicwriter(m): 10:14pm On May 11, 2016
Bob Marley is all a musician should be.

A true legend out of the ghetto.

Pure talent, a super inspired musician.

Probably the most inspired musician of all time.

The world's first true black hero.

A person that caused a revolution through music!!.

Marley is a spirit!.

If its not roots reggae, forget music.

Been listening all day. Just listening to ''blackman redemption''.

3 Likes

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by 4nobody4every1: 10:32pm On May 11, 2016
sukkot:
mi breda. aireeeee pass the ganja man
grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 11, 2016
Eddygourdo:
miss Dube too, unfortunately those boys that stab him never knows him., they just wanted to steal from him.
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by mrnuur(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2016
"Oh, when the rain fall / It don't fall on one man's housetop. Remember that" - Bob Marley & The Wailers #Reggae

Rest on mahn

2 Likes

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by mrnuur(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2016
Burnt 'em grass in ur honour...
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Okbath(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2016
Celebrating the legend since 1980

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by IghravweIG(m): 10:44pm On May 11, 2016
The one and only King of reggae.
#RIP Legend.
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by NovusHomo(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2016
StoneLucifer:
The greatest musician that ever lived...No musician can and will ever be as celebrated as Marley even several years after death...His music and philosophies lives on..Jah rastafari, ever faithful, ever liveth, ever sure!!!

Una Fela nko?
Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by whoYouEpp(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2016
Example of a true legend not Legend extra stout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by StoneLucifer: 11:00pm On May 11, 2016
No comparison..Jackson cant be near Nesta in commemoration..Its 35yrs now and his memory still lingers fresh in the minds of several millions of people..

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by Bossman(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2016
A legend he was indeed! He may be gone, however his songs still play a big part what's happening in the world today. Continue to RIP my brother.

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 35 Years We Lost Bob Marley by 175(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2016
Dottore:
Ganja master
The greatest regae superstar noun and pronoun
Your "weedicide" legacy lives on.

May lucozade and confusional conference be the case of all low frequency decoders.
May cond0m be on the coconut umbrella of all questionnaires

Yayampiyoyo to all intelligent and metusela congos.
Fem la bush to all Michael West.
May the phalanjis of all wicked quotations embrace witlow.

The godz! Walk n Stumble not. May lalasticlala be ur case C for every thread T you post P on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel, Davido - Twe Twe (Official Video) / Gongo Aso By 9ice / Rapper Vector Writes Open Apology Letter To His Former Record Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.