Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

*737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? (27441 Views)

Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine / Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. / List Of Phones That Will Not Support Whatsapp Anymore From 31st Dec 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 11, 2016
Hello house, could someone please tell me if the much cherished *737# gtb ussd code has stopped working? I have sent emails to them and tried contacting them via their bbm channels and got no response. Has the service been discontinued? I live far from a bank and physically heading to Aa branch is not viable. Thanks in advance.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 11, 2016
Please lalasticlala (lalastical?), help me move this where ppl can help. Thanks
cc: ishilove, seun.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by enoch273: 9:28am On May 11, 2016
I am also faced with the same issue and I am starting to lose hope in them

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by enoch273: 9:28am On May 11, 2016
I am also faced with the same issue and I am starting to lose hope in them, though it works sometimes

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Nobody: 9:33am On May 11, 2016
I was wondering if I am the only one affected by this. Maybe someone in GTB will see this and do something about it.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by anthoneg: 9:41am On May 11, 2016
Its actually still working. Just that airtime billing has been implemented on the GTBank 737 mobile banking service. Customers are charged N2.50/20secs for using the service.  I.e for every 20seconds spent on the platform, you will be billed N2.50 from the credit on your phone's main account. Therefore you will need to have sufficient account balance on your phone before dialling the code.

3 Likes

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 11, 2016
Thank you so much anthoneg, I didn't think of that. I have been trying to recharge my phone so maybe it didn't work because I didn't have any airtime to begin with. I will try again and confirm.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by chaerless(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2016
its still working perfectly and you don't need any airtime on your phone to make it work. I recharged my phone yesternight and this morning via that platform and it worked seamlessly

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by saxby(f): 12:17pm On May 11, 2016
It still does.

I used it this morning.

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 11, 2016
chaerless:
its still working perfectly and you don't need any airtime on your phone to make it work. I recharged my phone yesternight and this morning via that platform and it worked seamlessly
I keep getting 'connection problem or invalid mmi code'. Maybe this problem is peculiar to etisalat numbers?

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Mikee19(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
it seems this is peculiar to Etisalat numbers.This works fine when dialled on another network even though the said line has a balance of zero kobo. I think. the solution would be changing numbers to another network so that it works for you.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Gabby91:

I keep getting 'connection problem or invalid mmi code'. Maybe this problem is peculiar to etisalat numbers?
I have been having the same experience with etisalat for over a month now whenever I wanna transfer funds, but u can try other denominations it should work.

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Mikee19(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
edit:
So I recharged but buying a recharge card, and dialled the *737# code. Worked flawlessly! I immediately checked my airtime balance IMMEDIATELY after dialing this gtbank code and I saw that N5 had been deducted!

well I wanted to be certain, so I dialled the gtbank code which again worked, then immediately checked airtime balance again. Sure enough another N5 had been deducted! this most likely has something to do with it on Etisalat lines. If you don't have N5 left on the line, it may not work

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Dejiy10(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
I just searched for this and this popped up. So Etisalat users have to use airtime for the FREE 737 services. radarada
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Henrybright(m): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
I just tried it now on my Glo line and I'm charged 5 naira for the 1'second I spent on the platform.. Mehn the charges r expensive, I never knew they charge until this moment. Now I know why I usually find it hard to use the service on Glo because I hardly recharge my Glo line
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by starlightRR(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mikee19:
edit:
So I recharged but buying a recharge card, and dialled the *737# code. Worked flawlessly! I immediately checked my airtime balance IMMEDIATELY after dialing this gtbank code and I saw that N5 had been deducted!

well I wanted to be certain, so I dialled the gtbank code which again worked, then immediately checked airtime balance again. Sure enough another N5 had been deducted! this most likely has something to do with it on Etisalat lines. If you don't have N5 left on the line, it may not work

GTB charges you for checking your balance with the Ussd code

1 Like

Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by Basheetladeen: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
I'm unable to use the USSD code again pls what caused that
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by kcmichael: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2022
pls i cant use ussd *737# on gtb why?
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by demzey(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
kcmichael:
pls i cant use ussd *737# on gtb why?

Basheetladeen:
I'm unable to use the USSD code again pls what caused that

If you use an mtn Sim, then there's a downtime with the ussd service, it should be rectified soonest, if not mtn then there's no sufficient balance in your account, depending on the error message you get though.
Re: *737# Gtb Ussd Not Working Anymore? by GNewsGhana(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2023
I just saw this online resource why is gtbank ussd code not working and thought it worth sharing it. https://republikcitynews.com/5-common-reasons-why-gtbank-ussd-code-is-not-working/

(1) (Reply)

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN / How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly / Telecoms Subscribers Hit 153m, Airtel Tops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.