Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Are The Blood Of Some Nigerians Abroad Partially On Our Hands? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Blood Of Some Nigerians Abroad Partially On Our Hands? (629 Views)

Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / Some Nigerians Are Not Happy GMB Ate At The Inauguration Dinner / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are The Blood Of Some Nigerians Abroad Partially On Our Hands? by alias64: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
[b]to stop  abusing, and racially stereotyping her people

This post was originaly intended for the Libya thread.

I was going to apologise beforehand about going on and on about the stuff below but I believe the message must be rammed home repeatedly; We must stop! I know that it has become like a drug but we have to wean ourselves of it, go cold turkey, and emerge with new ways to criticise without falling into the trap of thinking outright abuse and racist stereotyping are the same as criticisms. Hell, I am not even ambitious; I am not calling for constructive criticisms but just for and end to self-abuse.

Things Nigerians say: 

We are thieves. We are the most corrupt people in the world. The Nigerian is the most evil and wicked person on the planet. We’re worst than Hitler’s Nazis. We’re demonic. Nigerian women are prostitutes (al-queda). That devils country. Nigerians are cowards. We are moronic individuals. Every single Nigerian person is corrupt: father, mother, daughter brother and even newborn baby. Nigerians practice bestiality. Idiotic nation. Nigeria is Hell.  we’re kleptomaniacs.  All Nigerians are liars. Nigeria is a dung-heap. .

Then there is that silly No-Records argument, which goes like this:

There are no records but if there were records, Nigeria would be the most paedophilic nation in the world. There are no records but if there were, Nigeria would be the nation that commits the most rapes in the world. There are no records but it there was Nigeria commits the most genocide in the world. There are no records but if there was, Nigerians kill and dump more street children on waste tips than does Brazil, Columbia or any other country.

In relation to this Libya story (true-or not) or the growing maltreatment of Nigerians worldwide, we’re all more responsible than the government‘s shortcomings for these actions against us. The government aren’t the ones going around legitimising fears and styrypes against Nigerians. 

Here’s a warning, the more we abuse ourselves publicly and for the world media, as we’re doing, the worst things will become. The truth” which is not convenient for some Nigerians because it is our chief accusatory weapon, is that when it comes to “corruption” Nigeria is an armature. Our condition of living in Nigeria although poor is so much better than in many countries and when we whinge publicly about our condition, peoples of other Nationality raise an eyebrow and inside their minds think we are show-offs. We are naïve people that come from a much safer environment than we realise. However, these other nationalities will listen to what we say and use it against us later because no one relay cares about other people problems or sympathise with them.

As I wrote before, we’re turning ourselves into the perfect victims. For century’s people who have shown the acumen that we Nigerians truly have, which is intelligence, hardworking and enterprising, such peoples have often been prosecuted. The Jews, the Chinese in Southeast Asia, the Syrians and so on. However, all these peoples have had their champions, but we Nigerians are different, we do not have anyone championing us. First, we’re black people. The world does not like or has not yet come to terms with black people who aren’t deferring. In America, such black Americans who were like us, they were called Uppity Blacks. Secondly, we have naively stereotyped ourselves, often subconsciously, appropriating the terms used by whites to stereotype black Americans in readiness to create laws to oppress them. Thirdly, we do not seem to have grasped the fact that most people in the world including blacks, are subconsciously influenced by white sentiments. For this reasons, they, fellow blacks, will be at the forefront of using those negative stereotypes against us. This is why you often hear blacks from elsewhere asking us Nigerians, “Why is it that nobody like you people?”

Finally, a warning to all those Africans that pretend to be Nigerians and go around spreading malicious rumours and underscoring racist notions.  Many West Africans use Nigerians passports, when it gets worst, as it is bound to get and Nigerians are executed on trumped up charges, acts legitimised by our own abusive mouths, many of you will be victims too. I bet it has happend many times already. When it gets worst, no African will be safe because any African person can be Nigerian (although we’re better looking) and a Nigerian can be any African. Next time it could be you!

[/b]
Re: Are The Blood Of Some Nigerians Abroad Partially On Our Hands? by tpiah2: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2009
what's with the picture?
Re: Are The Blood Of Some Nigerians Abroad Partially On Our Hands? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2009
alias64:

Finally, a warning to all those Africans that pretend to be Nigerians and go around spreading malicious rumours and underscoring racist notions. Many West Africans use Nigerians passports, when it gets worst, as it is bound to get and Nigerians are executed on trumped up charges, acts legitimised by our own abusive mouths, many of you will be victims too. I bet it has happend many times already. When it gets worst, no African will be safe because any African person can be Nigerian (although we’re better looking) and a Nigerian can be any African. Next time it could be you!

Roflmao!!! @Poster.

The last paragraph there, completely absurd. So Now you are here BLAMING IMPOSTERS for the problems we have of racism and what not? Roflmao!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Things Which Bind Us Are More Than Those That Seperate Us / Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua / Names Of Defaulters Of Affected Banks attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.