Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua (630 Views)

Why I Will Never never never Step My Foot In The Redeemed Church Again / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi / What Is Federal Character? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua by mogentle(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2009
http://www.tribune.com.ng/18082009/news/news11.html

Umar slams Yar’Adua over federal character abuse
Hassan Ibrahim, Kaduna - 18.08.2009

FORMER Military Governor of Kaduna State, Col. Abubakar Dangiwa Umar (Rtd), has lambasted President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua over the appointment of a new Conmptroller-General of Customs, alleging that the president had ignored the principles of federal character.

He said in Kaduna on Monday, that for not disclosing the reasons or the considerations that guided the selection and appointment of Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko Inde, as the new Conmptroller-General of Customs, over and above his superiors and other peers, the president had erred.

Umar described the development as a semblance of nepotism and a presidential inability to treat the whole country as one, adding that the action was a gross violation of the federal character principles.

“President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s increasing disdain for due process and the tendency towards arbitrariness portend to have posed a grave danger both to the unity and security of the country,” he said.

“Having chosen not to disclose the reasons or the considerations that guided the selection and appointment last week of Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko Inde, as the new Comptroller-General of Customs over and above his superiors and other peers, President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had given the impression that he was unconcerned with the increasing apprehensions and anxieties the public feels about the way he is using the powers of his office.”

“Without a question, the public is right and entitled to expect that the president exercises those powers transparently and always for the promotion of the larger interests of the entire country.”

The appointment, he added, was a clear manifestation of nepotism tendencies which signaled the steady emergence of a disturbing pattern of nepotism, cronyism and chronic dinability to treat the whole country as a single constituency.

“All too often, as in this instance, a high profile office falls vacant and the president rushes to locate an indigene of Katsina (or in some cases, Kano State), to fill it. Few can pretend not to notice or take issues with the choice of Katsina-born Alhaji Abdullahi Inde, an Assistant Comptroller-General, a lower level position in the hierarchy of that institution, as Comptroller-General after recent appointments of Katsina State indigenes as chief executive officers of string of parastatals, including the Petroleum Trust Fund, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, the National Inland Waterways Authority and, for that matter, Federal Road Maintenance Agency.”

He said that in the opinion of the Nigerian public, no matter the qualifications of the appointees, the fact that President Yar’Adua ignored agreed principles of the federal character and national unity in carrying out the appointments, the intention rendered any of such qualities untenable.

“This should be a matter of deep regret considering that at least, one part of his recent appointees, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Governor of the Central Bank, has proved to be uncommonly well informed, competent and an effective regulator; a big credit indeed to his profession.“
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we really Have legislators in this country? I think they are supposed to be checking all these excesses, but they just approve any appointment anyhow.
Kanonisation and Katsinisation of our system is on. Watch out for more appointments,.,.,.,,.
Re: Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua by vigasimple(m): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
One word; YAR A'LIAR

The guy pretend through his appearance as if he is duing his due procees and rule of law, and very insensitive. He will soon turn the country to REPUBLIC OF KANOKASTINA.

He just does not get it , and the office of the Presidency is above his paygrade.

I have argued this before when he select LAMIDO as CBN governor. Even if someone is more competent, the federal character must be adhere to as it was purposely put in the constitution to protect the North, they cannot use it as a shield and at the same time a sword when it pleases the North.

I think we should now remove federal character so that people are appointed on merit, majority of the states in the North will not have any representative in government.

President YAR A'FAILURE, all he can do is nepotism and pretend
RULE OF LAW.

Two governors married his daughters and cross party, is it an accident?

As the saying goes, you can fool most people most times but not everybody all the time.

NASS is all jokes, no actions, they should have brought the President to order for his blantant breaches of the constitution, and tell him to stop talking about Rule of law when he didn't even follow it.
THAT IS, IF NASS HAS THE SPINE(because they are all compromised with ghana must go bag handouts)
Re: Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua by desgiezd(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
Lack of competence all the way!!
Re: Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua by kokoA(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
If only we had a responsible opposition in this country, there exist all the right reasons to snatch power from these thieving bastards.
Re: Federal Character My Foot.,.,.,,.,Yaradua by redsun(m): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
Yaradua as a dying man does have a competent state of mind to herd even cattle,talkless of a sick country like nigeria.

He is terminally sick and his mind is troubled.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram's Threat / Boko Haram: A Call For Revolution / Fg Denies Allegation Of Killing Of Nigerians In Libya.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.