Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt (16215 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by ijustdey: 1:32pm On May 11, 2016

By ISAIAH BENJAMIN, By Midat Joseph

The federal government yesterday disclosed plans to build three additional refineries in Kaduna, Warri and Port Harcourt.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu who dropped the hint at a town hall meeting organised by the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, in Kaduna also disclosed federal government’s intention to export petroleum product by the year 2019.

According to him, the federal government will provide free gas cylinders to every Nigerian which will be roll out next year with the aim of pulling  Nigerians away from the use of kerosene.

Kachikwu who apologised to Nigerians for difficulties been experienced in terms of getting fuel in the country, said the refineries cannot work in top capacity “as long as we don’t have the foreign exchange to bring in the products, as long as the price of crude continue to slide.”

To solve the problems, the minister said, “More refineries have to be build, and the target is to build three more refineries to be located in Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Warri taking advantage on the share  facilities.”

“And if we do this, by 2018 if all our refineries are working we will drop importation by 60 per cent. And by 2019 if the four located refineries begin to work and am sure it will, we will actually begin to export petroleum product for the first time in this country,” said Kachikwu.

For the upstream sector where production has been climbing down, Kachikwu said, “Our target is to move production up to 2.3million barrel, but I am personally committed to 2.5 million barrel.”

Expressing confidence on ending the perennial fuel shortages, Kachikwu said, “The blowing of pipelines cannot drive us back, we are committed. The days of hopelessness have passed, the days of careless expenditure are passed, the days of corruption are going, and we are heading to the future where we can deliver a country we can all be proud of.”

Recalling the challenges he met on the ground, the minister said, “The refineries were not working when I was appointed in October. If I turn to the pipelines, they were not in existence. If I turn to the upstream, there no funding. So production was sliding. If I turn to the NNPC structure, there was massive issue of transparency that everybody talked about. And if I turn to what the future was to Nigeria, I saw the solution rather than hope.”

“So, I took over the mantle under this circumstances. But I was not discouraged because the President is committed to surmounting the problems.

“This is the first time we have two refineries working simultaneously in the last eight years.

“For the first time in 20 years we are working to restructure the NNPC.

“Do, I want to see the problems continue? No. There is a lot of improvement but there is a lot of work required. And in the next three months I assure you will see great improvement in terms of fuel supply.

“Most important, we need to begin to develop massive infrastructural support in this country.

“The pipelines must get to work, got to get investors to invest in them because we do not have the money to build them up,” he added.

Speaking further, the minister wondered why there was fuel queues in Kaduna, having supplied 80 truck loads of petroleum product to Kaduna in the last four days.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/525535/fg-set-build-3-refineries

6 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by modath(f): 1:35pm On May 11, 2016
God forbid, i hope this never comes Alive.... It's only the Asians that can successfully run State owned facilities, We are not cut out for this!!

Private sector, Private sector, Private Sector...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by taiyesoul(f): 1:35pm On May 11, 2016
Na today?

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by ladyF(f): 1:39pm On May 11, 2016
Why would they plan to build more when they can't even manage the ones they have? Common sense is not common. Another way to embezzle money in the name of "project" angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by TippyTop(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2016
Same fantastically corrupt people said they were diversifying. Anyway it should be built near lake Chad where Bubu hopes to find "Groundnut oil"

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by queenoflafia(f): 1:51pm On May 11, 2016
Another refinery in kaduna

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by AZeD1(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2016
modath:

God forbid, i hope this never comes Alive.... It's only the Asians that can successfully run State owned facilities, We are not cut out for this!!

Private sector, Private sector, Private Sector...
The government is not going to build refineries, it would be privately built but in the complex of current refineries so as to share resources ( pipelines e.t.c).

9 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 11, 2016
In one mad woman's voice, Ndi ara!

4 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Smartsyn(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2016
Na wao,

The existing once are not working to full capacity and they're planning on building another, isn't that another means to siphon money and start a project that will included in the budget for the next 20years.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by titiakins: 2:19pm On May 11, 2016
Ask me why we are building refineries when the old ones are not fully functional

Most importantly why are we building refineries in Kaduna?

This government is fantastically corrupt!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Sunnycliff(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2016
Are we still campaigning

Already existing ones have not been optimally utilized and they are talking of new ones!

But I thought they Zombies are diversifying and moving away from oil? Is that why the have less values to humans been killed by herdsmen in exchange for broken oil pipelines
#we are watchingandmocking

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by MiztaPorsh(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2016
Nice to know but hope it will be a project this our generation will witness sha

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Dsholla: 2:20pm On May 11, 2016
These pple are jus comedians, they ve so made us lôok like clowns, xpecially dis kachikwu

5 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by kennyman2000(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by xandy84: 2:20pm On May 11, 2016
Doing same thing over and over again and expecting different result is the height of insanity. Government does not have business in doing business. APC led administration should privatilize the downstream sector to make it attractive to private investors. Building rifenaries by government is a waste of time, money.

12 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by omowolewa: 2:21pm On May 11, 2016
Okay, but what happens to the licensed owners.
When they finished building ones corrupt officer will eventually buy. What happens to concessioning and PPPif Government is actually serious
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Aadeyinka(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2016
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by GodwinTobi(m): 2:22pm On May 11, 2016
FG and the word "we will"....
Chasing shadows....

12 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by M4gunners: 2:23pm On May 11, 2016
Why are they building Refineries when they claim they don't depend on oil?They should build sugarcane industry please.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by abharbyj(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2016
thats kul you can also read latest naija updates at http://nairaland.com
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by appini: 2:23pm On May 11, 2016
Story story
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by mostyg(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2016
Wind turbines for electricity generation is what we need.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Lordave: 2:24pm On May 11, 2016
3 refineries to refine cow meat or solid minerals?

Thought the Dullard Cowboys aka Zombies said their master is diversifying the shattered economy?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Noneroone(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2016
...and the 'to do' list continues
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Angoni(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2016
You leave in a house with leaking loof and without amenities with family. You have no money apparently to fix the loof or get amenities in. How to solve your problems, ah build another house! Kachiku an Buhari are fools!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Guyman02: 2:25pm On May 11, 2016
Why not build a refinery in Benue, Enugu, Ogun, Taraba States etc and spread the FG presence to other states which lack these facilities?

I guess Kachikwu needs a glass of beer to clear his head

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by YoursGEJ(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2016
PMB 2015-2023
Fashola 2023-2031
Willie Obiano 2031-2039
Me 2039-2047 grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Ice4jez(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2016
no need to waste the country's money to build refinery in the South South cos dey will eventually blow it up.
dey think dey re doing Nigeria not knowing dey re doing themselves.
the militant leaders from pass what help did dey bring to their communities. nothing
oil is now in some South West and northern region so dey need to be wiser.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 11, 2016
Lordave:
3 refineries to refine cow meat or solid minerals?

Thought the Dullard Cowboys aka Zombies said their master is diversifying the shattered economy?

Even if we are diversifying..wont we stil use fuel in d country?
Or how should our cars and fuel-powered machines work? undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Leviseed: 2:26pm On May 11, 2016
Bunch of deceivers
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by prelinctus: 2:27pm On May 11, 2016
Must it be these three states again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Will Not Be Fully Implemented - FG / Pantami Orders Probe Of Payment For Digital Identity Number / Oyefolu Ojelabi Emerges Lagos APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.