Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt (16216 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 11, 2016
Lordave:
3 refineries to refine cow meat or solid minerals?

Thought the Dullard Cowboys aka Zombies said their master is diversifying the shattered economy?
Hmmn
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by M4gunners: 2:30pm On May 11, 2016
Dangote is building almost 3 times what we have. The ones we have, they are not maintaining it,jet thry still want to build another one.
Can't they invest in another sector?
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by kannymoore(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
Ask me why we are building refineries when the old ones are not fully functional

Most importantly why are we building refineries in Kaduna?

This government is fantastically corrupt!

the oil that has been found in the Chad Basin...which refinery would you suggest as being best suited for the purpose at hand; warri..portharcourt or Kaduna?

sometimes sir, it's better to look at the wider picture of things before jumping into conclusions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by LockDown69(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2016
how una take finish with the existing refineries? smh

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Figs(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2016
the most fantastically corrupt country nd her government

2 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2016
TippyTop:

Same fantastically corrupt people said they were diversifying. Anyway it should be built near lake Chad where Bubu hopes to find "Groundnut oil"
It's crystal clear that you don't understand what diversifying is.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Bsf4life(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2016

2 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by IAmTobore(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2016
This is what I am talking about. Lies everywhere! Why don't they renovate the pre-existing ones and let them start working to a point of recognition before building a new one. That's how they will still build another set of sub-standard refineries and abadorn them after few months.

By the way, of what use is the refinery anymore? I thought they are already planing to remove subsidy?
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Figs(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2016
d most fantastically corrupt country nd her govt
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by dannytoe(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2016
What about the avengers, I hope their destruction will not reach there.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by 9jatatafo(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2016
Is this diversification from oil?
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Bsf4life(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2016
What of Bayelsa, dem Neva suppose get refinery?
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by free2ryhme: 2:36pm On May 11, 2016
Fuel we no see una wan build refineries? This our leaders wickedness runs in their veins
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Reference(m): 2:37pm On May 11, 2016
dannytoe:
What about the avengers, I hope their destruction will not reach there.

grin Na. These new ones are for the Ninja Turtles....
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Ribaman(m): 2:38pm On May 11, 2016
Something dey do una head, Buhari's government. What business has the Nigerian government with such a huge and capital intensive project? Past experience should have told them it won't work.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by tafrica(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2016
This Kachikwu talks these days like Lai. So many phantasmagoric promises.
Dangote refinery project was commissioned in 2013 and projected to start operation by 2017/18, but here is Kachikwu promising 3 new refineries by 2019 in the mid 2016. Just words of mouth to excite people.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Chinom(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2016
If Kachikwu was beside me right now, he will receive a resounding SLAP. Make dem no make me vex.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Ishilove: 2:42pm On May 11, 2016
Reference:

grin Na. These new ones are for the Ninja Turtles....
Buhahahahaha!

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by mfm04622: 2:42pm On May 11, 2016
Have we forgotten so soon that Buhari went to China to source for funds to build 3 refineries? I have no doubt that the refineries will be completed as money will not be handed over. I just hope it is the Chinese that will operate it, else we will soon be back to square 1

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by HomeOfMe(f): 2:44pm On May 11, 2016
Are we not supposed to be diversifying?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by wilexharnthony3: 2:47pm On May 11, 2016
Everytin nah fallacy......Itz all BOOSIT MEHN.....hpe una go do as una talk...
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by eBillionaire: 2:55pm On May 11, 2016
Is Federal Government mad ??
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Chudichu(m): 2:59pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
Ask me why we are building refineries when the old ones are not fully functional

to share resources, read well before you comment
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Chudichu(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:

to share resources, read well before you comment
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by titiakins: 3:00pm On May 11, 2016
kannymoore:

the oil that has been found in the Chad Basin...which refinery would you suggest as being best suited for the purpose at hand; warri..portharcourt or Kaduna?

sometimes sir, it's better to look at the wider picture of things before jumping into conclusions.
oil in Chad basin

Don't amuse me this afternoon
Which oil?
And what quantity?

Why not take the refinery over there
Why Kaduna
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by vinkess: 3:01pm On May 11, 2016
every day buhari is proving me wrong with its plans and project.with time he will be the best president so far.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by la1(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2016
it is abundantly clear a lot of you do not or cannot or will not read...the man has indicated that investors and not the govt will be responsible for building the proposed refineries and these locations were selected specifically for asset and resource sharing considerations ... read first,comment after... you fackin imbeciles.
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by amazingspiderma: 3:07pm On May 11, 2016
Had to double the tread to make sure it was not the joke section.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Johnnoo(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2016
The President & his Ministers should as a matter of urgency do less talking & show more works... cool
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by nextstep(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2016
You know, it's usually wise to make sure you can properly utilize what you already have, before building more. I can just see it now: 3 more non-functional refineries. tongue
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by nextstep(m): 3:13pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
oil in Chad basin

Don't amuse me this afternoon
Which oil?
And what quantity?

Why not take the refinery over there
Why Kaduna

You do realize that we can pipe crude to Kaduna from Delta (even if there is no oil in the Chad basin). To me, it makes more sense to pipe crude to Kaduna and refine it there, than to put all that refined fuel on tankers travelling from Delta or Lagos to Kaduna. Besides you spread development, and produce value-added products closer to consumption (fuel, kerosine, tar, and hopefully plastics)
Re: FG To Build 3 Additional Refineries In Kaduna, Warri And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 11, 2016
Guyman02:
Why not build a refinery in Benue, Enugu, Ogun, Taraba States etc and spread the FG presence to other states which lack these facilities?

I guess Kachikwu needs a glass of beer to clear his head
I guess u did not read the shared resources part, it will be more easier to build in these location because pipeline already exist there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Will Not Be Fully Implemented - FG / Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? / Pantami Orders Probe Of Payment For Digital Identity Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.