Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 (1099 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/05/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/05/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/05/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by dallyemmy: 4:26pm On May 11, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : THURSDAY 12 MAY 2016

THEME : KNOW YOUR CALLING

Memorise:

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same spirit. 1st Corinthians 12:4

Read: 1st Corinthians 12:4-7

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Being called is an important issue which usually beings up endless discussions amongst Children of God. Meanwhile,
we are advised to give due diligence to make our calling and election sure. The knowledge of our calling is not as important as what we are doing about it. How are you justifying Heaven’s confidence in you? Each time you stray from God’s path, purpose and will, you make the Heavenly host regret their choice. That you were chosen suggests you are special. You were chosen to be precious (1st Peter 2:4). Those who are chosen are called into divine friendship with God (Isaiah 41:cool. The chosen is allowed to draw nearer to God. Haven been chosen, how close are you to God? Heaven defends the chosen to any extent. God turns impossibility into possibility and makes miracles common place in the life of the chosen. The important thing is to recognize Heaven’s calling on your life; we are called to be to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:12 says;

“That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.”

Gifts may differ just as the sun and the moon have their different spheres of influence. Unlike the moon, the light of the sun influences those under it to stay awake and work. It gives life, while the light of the moon-which is a reflection – influences those under it to close shop and rest. From Genesis 1:26-28, we understand that man was created for a purpose – to dominate everything God had made including the sun, moon and stars. You were created for a purpose, even if you were conceived by mistake, you are not an accident. Were you a product of rape? Even then, you have to fulfil God’s purpose on earth. God needed a particular man and a specific woman to come together in order to have you. If your father just impregnated your mother and disappeared, it could just be that he had finished his assignment. Before you were created, God knew you and He knows your worth to Him even when people think you are of no value because you lack education, money, skills or intellect.

God knows you and has ordained you for a purpose from your mother’s womb even without her knowledge or consent (Jeremiah 1:4-5). Physical ordination is only an outward manifestation of what God had already done before your birth. You were born for a great purpose (Jeremiah 29:11) and chosen by God before the foundations of the earth (Ephesians 1:3-5). You were chosen to be holy, blameless and in love. Anytime you dabble into sin, you contradict the purpose for which you were created. Is your life blameless like Daniel’s? If you find it difficult to do something perfectly, or people always find fault with your work, it could be that the spirit of error is operating in your life. Each time you fail to walk in love towards those who offend you, you contradict God’s purpose for calling you. As seen in our Bible reading for today, you were created to glorify God. Is your life praising God today? Are you fulfilling God’s purpose for creating you?

Action Point:

List those things you do that are against God’s original purpose for your life. Determine to make appropriate corrections henceforth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 2 Kings 13:1-15:16 and Proverbs 23:14-28

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 12: MY HOPE IS BUILD ON NOTHING LESS

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Chorus:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Chorus:

3. His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

Chorus:

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Chorus.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by idugbe(m): 4:44am On May 12, 2016
What a word! Especially today being my birthday, thank you Lord for counting me worthy to be called.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by dupsai(f): 5:31am On May 12, 2016
[quote author=idugbe post=45539524]What a word! Especially today being my birthday, thank you Lord for counting me worthy to be called.[/quote
Happy birthday brother, the Lord shall fulfil His purpose in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by SegunMike(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2016
idugbe:
What a word! Especially today being my birthday, thank you Lord for counting me worthy to be called.

Happy birthday.
You're blessed and highly favored. You shall fulfill your destiny according to God's plan for you. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by idugbe(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2016
Amen, thanks.

Happy birthday.
You're blessed and highly favored. You shall fulfill your destiny according to God's plan for you. Amen[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/05/16 by dallyemmy: 2:11pm On May 12, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens ( Thursday May 12th, 2016) - KNOW YOUR CALLING
1.Thank you Father for your call and gifts upon my life.
2.Thank you Father for the gift of the star, the moon and the sun.
3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
4.Father, give me a forgiving spirit and help me to walk in love towards those who offend me.
5.Father, let every spirit of error in operation in my life be consumed by your fire.
6.Father, help me to justify the confidence you have in me, for counting me worthy of your call.
7.Father, don't let me do anything that will make you regret you ever chosed me.
8.Father, let miracles become a common place in my life and ministry, in Jesus' name.
9.Father, let every garment of impossibility, in my life be removed and burnt to ashes.
10.Father, let every plant you have not planted in my life and destiny, be uprooted, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, restore your dominion and authority in my life, in Jesus' name.
12.Father, let my life bring you glory and honour, in Jesus' name.
13.Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
14.In Jesus' name I pray.
(Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
15.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).

(1) (Reply)

If There Was No Heaven And No Hell, There Would Be No Christians / Why You Need To Fight The Believers. / 10 Things Pastor Olumide Ogunade (ID Cabasa) Preached About Today. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.