Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price (3927 Views)

Who Is The New Petroleum Minister / The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks / New Petroleum Pump Of #145: Nairalanders A YES Or NO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by LegalIcon: 7:19pm On May 11, 2016
With today's announcement of the new petroleum price by the APC led Federal Government, I will like to quickly share with well meaning Nigerians, the implication of this obnoxious and wicked policy of the Federal Governemt. 1- Prices of things will go up crazily. Fellow Nigerians, imagine you buying bread that used to be 70 naira at 100, Haircut from 200 to 500, Pure water from 10-20 naira,locust bean from 10/20 to 50 naira, indomies from 60 to 100 naira. 2-There will be increase in crime rates- Since, the prices of goods and services will go up, people will stop at nothing in get daily means of livelihood,hence, increase in crime rates. 3- Small and medium scale businesses will fold up. I can assure you that small and medium indegenous companies will begin to fold up,especially in this era where power supply has become very erractic and now that the price of PMS will go up as well as the price of Diesel. 4- There will be violent revolution . Nigerians will become so tired, oppressed and frustrated that they will all resort to violent revolution like the one that happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by figment232(m): 7:27pm On May 11, 2016
I concur

3 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by adioolayi(m): 7:32pm On May 11, 2016
@op what's the price of petrol in most filling stations outside Lagos and Abuja before today's announcement

I don't think any protest will happen...Nigerians are tired of this incessant queues... The fuel marketers have gotten what they wanted...they should allow us rest!

12 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by Dansy(f): 7:36pm On May 11, 2016
U guy just write rubbish on line.It is not advisable for government to fund subsidy.The right thing to do is removed it.This is my personal opinion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by KakiP(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2016
Please can we have a counter thread on the positive side of the removal of fuel subsidy anyone?

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by m1500: 7:41pm On May 11, 2016
The leaders of the trade unions are down with the policy - they were all represented. Who will organize protests? Nigeria will not burn because of this; we'll adjust as usual in so far as this makes PMS readily available like diesel.

2 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by braithwaite(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2016
WE NEED TOTAL REVOLT..
TIME WILL TELL

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:47pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari.....

I was a fan, but it is obvious you want to make things harder for us...

No light, while we still had hope of fuel being available, you removed subsidy...

God bless you Sha...

See you in 2019....

11 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by Jirate(m): 8:02pm On May 11, 2016
HYPER INFLATION is the in thing from now on. cool
I find it hard to understand how a Man who asked Nigerians to “Trust Him with Their Life” has turn round to make their Life most Miserable.

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by lilprinze: 8:26pm On May 11, 2016
APC is the biggest scam in the history of Nigeria .

7 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2016
The government has no easy choices to make. Either subsidies are removed or government workers are fired. Both actions reduce the quantity of petrol demanded which will in turn lessen the pressure on the naira by the dollar.

I personally would have preferred bad government workers be fired. At least, hardworking private business people would not have been directly impacted by such job losses.
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by kingviny: 8:56pm On May 11, 2016
Nobody is talking about the fact that the APC led FG has failed us in this regard. Before the elections, they told us that they were going to set up MODULAR REFINERIES all over the country. Had this been done within 6 months, we would not have been in this fuel scarcity/subsidy saga neither would scarce dollars be required for fuel importation as these chains of modular refineries' output would more than meet our demands. Massive jobs would also have been created in this sector.

Playing politics with a sine quanon need should be un-acceptable to us fellow Nigerians. Seeding a mega refinery right to Dangote whose refinery will not be ready until 2018 is diametrically opposed to the modular refinery concept which could have solved our energy problem. I even heard from a grapevine that this same Dangote is the cause of the current high cost of tomato in the south as it has been alleged that he is buying off all the tomato produce for his tomato paste business thereby creating scarcity. If that is true, then who is really fooling who ? One day ! all greedy politicians and their capitalists cousins will face the judgement of God .

7 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by kaboninc(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2016
trillville:
The government has no easy choices to make. Either subsidies are removed or government workers are fired. Both actions reduce the quantity of petrol demanded which will in turn lessen the pressure on the naira by the dollar.

I personally would have preferred bad government workers be fired. At least, hardworking private business people would not have been directly impacted by such job losses.

This your ororo analysis??

Government fires her workers will lead to a reduction of petrol being demanded?

So very funny and hilarious. I think the joke of the day!

2 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 11, 2016
Imagin ashawo 1 round for 500 will now be 700 grin grin Buhari self

4 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:25pm On May 11, 2016
LegalIcon:
With today's announcement of the new petroleum price by the APC led Federal Government, I will like to quickly share with well meaning Nigerians, the implication of this obnoxious and wicked policy of the Federal Governemt. 1- Prices of things will go up crazily. Fellow Nigerians, imagine you buying bread that used to be 70 naira at 100, Haircut from 200 to 500, Pure water from 10-20 naira,locust bean from 10/20 to 50 naira, indomies from 60 to 100 naira. 2-There will be increase in crime rates- Since, the prices of goods and services will go up, people will stop at nothing in get daily means of livelihood,hence, increase in crime rates. 3- Small and medium scale businesses will fold up. I can assure you that small and medium indegenous companies will begin to fold up,especially in this era where power supply has become very erractic and now that the price of PMS will go up as well as the price of Diesel. 4- There will be violent revolution . Nigerians will become so tired, oppressed and frustrated that they will all resort to violent revolution like the one that happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

Aki you are right
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by rhukky01: 11:15pm On May 11, 2016
Dansy:
U guy just write rubbish on line.It is not advisable for government to fund subsidy.The right thing to do is removed it.This is my personal opinion.
but wen gej removed it am sure u and u cohorts suported it
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 3:05am On May 12, 2016
kaboninc:

This your ororo analysis??

Government fires her workers will lead to a reduction of petrol being demanded?

So very funny and hilarious. I think the joke of the day!

With less workers, fewer people will have steady incomes. Also fewer people will need to use their vehicles on a daily basis.

Fewer steady incomes leads to fewer people being able to purchase petrol.

I hope you understand better now.

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by joyandfaith: 4:21am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

With less workers, fewer people will have steady incomes. Also fewer people will need to use their vehicles on a daily basis.

Fewer steady incomes leads to fewer people being able to purchase petrol.

I hope you understand better now.

and fewer workers will be robbed daily by jobless youth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 5:20am On May 12, 2016
joyandfaith:

and fewer workers will be robbed daily by jobless youth

Jobless youths will be given real productive jobs like dressing masquerades and constructing homes rather than civil service office jobs that add no value whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by allthingsgood: 5:38am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

Can u see your wickedness. So those that are barely managing 18k minimum wage have suddenly turned the problem of this country?? Smh

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by adadadon(m): 5:44am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

Jobless youths will be given real productive jobs like dressing masquerades and constructing homes rather than civil service office jobs that add no value whatsoever.
Whose homes will be constructed.....?
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 5:57am On May 12, 2016
adadadon:

Whose homes will be constructed.....?
Masquerade dressers or you think they do not deserve living places?

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 6:02am On May 12, 2016
allthingsgood:

Can u see your wickedness. So those that are barely managing 18k minimum wage have suddenly turned the problem of this country?? Smh

The system is the problem and not the workers. If you earn 18k and contribute nothing meaningful to your country and are simply paid from oil earnings, your job is killing your country, whether you like to admit it or not.

If however your job is made productive and you are creating more than the 18k you earn, then you are growing your country. It is as simple as that.
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by allthingsgood: 6:22am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

The system is the problem and not the workers. If you earn 18k and contribute nothing meaningful to your country and are simply paid from oil earnings, your job is killing your country, whether you like to admit it or not.

If however your job is made productive and you are creating more than the 18k you earn, then you are growing your country. It is as simple as that.

Whats makes u thing govt workers contribute nothing?? This is the mentality of nigerians that very appalling. Who do u think is the real engine running this country? Politicians sit in aso rock and make declarations but the real people that turn that declaration into action are the civil servants. This whole country is run by civil service. Yet they are paid shit!

Pls change this your mentality. Nigerians have this habit of disregarding people till they are no longer there. If the civil servants in ministry of health or transport go on strike, thousands will die. 18k is what the person making sure govt policy on education, health, transport etc comes fruition is paid, and u are talking abt sack.

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by olatade(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2016
It's only a matter of time before petrol will sell for under a hundred naira,subsidy regime is fraught with fraud, it only made the rich richer.
If we can patiently forbear, I can see light at the end of the tunnel. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by jazinogold(m): 6:32am On May 12, 2016
hmm
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by trillville(m): 6:34am On May 12, 2016
allthingsgood:

Whats makes u thing govt workers contribute nothing?? This is the mentality of nigerians that very appalling. Who do u think is the real engine running this country? Politicians sit in aso rock and make declarations but the real people that turn that declaration into action are the civil servants. This whole country is run by civil service. Yet they are paid shit!

Pls change this your mentality. Nigerians have this habit of disregarding people till they are no longer there. If the civil servants in ministry of health or transport go on strike, thousands will die. 18k is what the person making sure govt policy on education, health, transport etc comes fruition is paid, and u are talking abt sack.

When we sterilise the civil service, the former civil servants will ensure the public service is properly sterilised. All this I chop you chop will be over forever.

Not all civil servants are bad. Even in unproductive organisations, good hardworking people exist. Medical practitioners, security forces and educators are in short supply and should be recruited.

I am only referring to the unproductive ones that run the country and have turned it into the shi1t hole it currently is.
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by ybalogs(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2016
Let's keep the trust but I only have a month of patience left with me Sha. If after a month and this hardship persists, hmmmm, make I comment my reserve till then. #IstillstandwithBaba
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by adadadon(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

Masquerade dressers or you think they do not deserve living places?

With whose Funds... Government funds or money will fall from heaven......
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by sweethoneypie(f): 6:47am On May 12, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Buhari.....

I was a fan, but it is obvious you want to make things harder for us...

No light, while we still had hope of fuel being available, you removed subsidy...

God bless you Sha...

See you in 2019....
is that the action of buhari or subsidy removal on your face?
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by solace89(m): 6:55am On May 12, 2016
To be honest with ourselves, it's all but turning out bad...this wasn't what we wanted to be experiencing when we voted for change...nothing has changed just the government making the decisions.... it's well with 9ja!
Re: The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price by Abeymills(m): 7:08am On May 12, 2016
Yeye govt govt of lies n propaganda bubuhari is a monster who is bent on destroyin dis country but God is greater dan him n all his demons n zombie suppourters

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of South Westerners / See What The North Wished Jonathan When He Was President (pics) / Agony Of Native Igbos In Benue State And Cry For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.