Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey (42569 Views)

"Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2016
miftaudeen:
God will not let you die now until Igbos will be converting to Islam
lol you are funny bro, that religion no go stand the heat from igboland we are too smart and intelligent to fall for such, ask around why it is non existence in igboland.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by HorLa00(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
They've been trying for long and this is part of their act.

There are enough reports in news from your chtistian-led medias that the terror group you usually address as "ISLAMIC" are all championed by countries like USA which we all know all Christian-dominated countries.

Funnily, they all keep using the word "JIHAD" like each and every one of them know what it means..

ISLAM IS PEACE, CARRY YOUR WAHALA AND GO!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by orisa37: 5:33pm On May 15, 2016
As for me and my household too we will serve Jesus Christ, Issve Isxte, Our Lord and Saviour in Nigerian Style and Sanctuary.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by EliteQueen(f): 5:37pm On May 15, 2016
annunaki2:
Turkey is a muslim country today because they were over ran by evil satanic jihadists and forced to convert at the pain of death and not because the church there was weak. That scenario can never happen in Nigeria cause they will be crushed. In truth islam is in decline today in Nigeria with several muslims renouncing islam on a daily basis and accepting christ.
don't mind the jihadist
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by miftaudeen(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2016
mrhansome12:
lol you are funny bro, that religion no go stand the heat from igboland we are too smart and intelligent to fall for such, ask around why it is non existence in igboland.
sit down there are muslims among igbos,

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by EliteQueen(f): 5:52pm On May 15, 2016
kumakunta:

Their god was sleeping. It should even be a shameful thing to them to accept Muslim took over their land and chased their fetish as out while their god was sleeping.
What we read in the Bible is that God normally help his warriors in the old testament to win their battles, like Joshua like David. But I think this their own god doesn't care about them. Prefer to give power to the supposed enemies.
Some of them will quote me and say the God of old testament is different from the new testament.
and where was ur own muhammad wen the Christian king chased out muslims in Spain. Guess he was with one of his concubines angry
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by houstonia(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2016
timibofa:
Turkey is in the present day Europe and partly in Asia.
•Apostle Paul was a citizen of Turkey because Tarsus exists in Turkey.
•Christianity existed in Turkey for about 1,023 years while Christianity has only existed in Nigeria and Ghana for 172yrs starting from when Rev. Birch Freeman came to Badagry in 1842.
•The seven churches Jesus spoke to in Revelations 2 & 3(Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea,) existed in the old Turkey.
•The disciples were first called Christians in Turkey(Antioch)
•Turkey once had the largest Christian auditorium in Europe called Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.
•Mary the mother of Jesus was taken to Turkey by Apostle John and till date, her room has become a tourist centre.

TURKEY TODAY

•Present day Turkey now has 96% muslims & 0.02% Christians(less than 130,000).
•The Hagia Sophia(once largest church in Europe) was taken over by muslims and converted to a mosque for over 400yrs and later used as an Islamic Museum

WHY CHRISTIANITY COLLAPSED IN TURKEY

•Emphasis on doctrinal differences weakened the Turkish church.
•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with ethnic biases.
•The Turks were building big cathedrals instead of building men.
HOW IT HAPPENED

•Osman Ghazi discovered the disunity amongst Christians and used it to fight a Jihad that led to a mass genocide of the Armenians, the Hellen and Turks of that day. In fact, the weapon of war used was designed by a Turkish Christian.
•Many Christian women converted to Islam to save their lives and some were raped and killed.
•Osman Ghazi started the Ottoman empire which gave muslims political post and made it a religion of the state.

IS NIGERIA/GHANA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY

•Virtually all the mistakes the church in Turkey made, the Nigerian/Ghanaian church have made it.
•We are building Cathedrals at the expense of discipling men.
•Disunity amongst churches
•Ethnicity in the church
•Denominational rivalry, etc.
•Sharp division along doctrinal lines

MORE FACTS

•The spiritual foundation of Turkey is stronger than that of Nigeria/ Ghana and Christianity existed for over 1000yrs in Turkey unlike ours which is just 172yrs but Islam Radicalism uprooted it. If it can happen in Turkey, it can also happen IF we are not careful.
•The menace of Boko Haram has destroyed a lot of churches in the Northern Nigeria and it may take another 200yrs to evangelize Borno State alone.
•There is a secret agenda to Islamize Nigeria and other African nations as contained in Abuja declaration of 1989.

DON'T SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, IF WE DON'T RIGHT OUR WRONGS AS A CHURCH.

SOLUTION

•HEART-FELT Intercession
•Aggressive evangelism- the terrorist reached out to the youths in the norths first and gave them AK-47 and bombs, if we had reached out to them on time,
they'll be carrying BIBLES today.
•Mission support:-God is holding the church responsible for Boko Haram, yet we are blaming the government. If we had supported missions and
missionaries, we would have those insurgents to Christ long ago.
•Unity of the church is key in winning this battle. The last but not the least christians should be actively involve in politics. Enough of these muslims political office holder with islamic adgenda.

ARISE CHURCH & LETS DO THE NEEDFUL!!!

when you rewrite someone's piece you should make a reference or its plagiarism. you are not prepared to go to jail are you?
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Fourwinds: 6:09pm On May 15, 2016
Adebo007:

Islam is an abomination, sin nd destruction in Igbo land nd can never be welcome there grin grin grin
u must be an Igbo guy yet prefer to use a moniker dat connotes yoruba name in order to evade suspicion....hmmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Fourwinds: 6:13pm On May 15, 2016
ariesbull:

Hmmm not again....in short all Igbo are Muslim including me

Are u now happy ?
dis is no longer history... Go to Aba and find out... After all Aba is not in a foreign land... Sit down and face reality

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by fatiaforreal: 6:15pm On May 15, 2016
timibofa:
Turkey is in the present day Europe and partly in Asia.
•Apostle Paul was a citizen of Turkey because Tarsus exists in Turkey.
•Christianity existed in Turkey for about 1,023 years while Christianity has only existed in Nigeria and Ghana for 172yrs starting from when Rev. Birch Freeman came to Badagry in 1842.
•The seven churches Jesus spoke to in Revelations 2 & 3(Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea,) existed in the old Turkey.
•The disciples were first called Christians in Turkey(Antioch)
•Turkey once had the largest Christian auditorium in Europe called Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.
•Mary the mother of Jesus was taken to Turkey by Apostle John and till date, her room has become a tourist centre.

TURKEY TODAY

•Present day Turkey now has 96% muslims & 0.02% Christians(less than 130,000).
•The Hagia Sophia(once largest church in Europe) was taken over by muslims and converted to a mosque for over 400yrs and later used as an Islamic Museum

WHY CHRISTIANITY COLLAPSED IN TURKEY

•Emphasis on doctrinal differences weakened the Turkish church.
•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with ethnic biases.
•The Turks were building big cathedrals instead of building men.
HOW IT HAPPENED

•Osman Ghazi discovered the disunity amongst Christians and used it to fight a Jihad that led to a mass genocide of the Armenians, the Hellen and Turks of that day. In fact, the weapon of war used was designed by a Turkish Christian.
•Many Christian women converted to Islam to save their lives and some were raped and killed.
•Osman Ghazi started the Ottoman empire which gave muslims political post and made it a religion of the state.

IS NIGERIA/GHANA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY

•Virtually all the mistakes the church in Turkey made, the Nigerian/Ghanaian church have made it.
•We are building Cathedrals at the expense of discipling men.
•Disunity amongst churches
•Ethnicity in the church
•Denominational rivalry, etc.
•Sharp division along doctrinal lines

MORE FACTS

•The spiritual foundation of Turkey is stronger than that of Nigeria/ Ghana and Christianity existed for over 1000yrs in Turkey unlike ours which is just 172yrs but Islam Radicalism uprooted it. If it can happen in Turkey, it can also happen IF we are not careful.
•The menace of Boko Haram has destroyed a lot of churches in the Northern Nigeria and it may take another 200yrs to evangelize Borno State alone.
•There is a secret agenda to Islamize Nigeria and other African nations as contained in Abuja declaration of 1989.

DON'T SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, IF WE DON'T RIGHT OUR WRONGS AS A CHURCH.

SOLUTION

•HEART-FELT Intercession
•Aggressive evangelism- the terrorist reached out to the youths in the norths first and gave them AK-47 and bombs, if we had reached out to them on time,
they'll be carrying BIBLES today.
•Mission support:-God is holding the church responsible for Boko Haram, yet we are blaming the government. If we had supported missions and
missionaries, we would have those insurgents to Christ long ago.
•Unity of the church is key in winning this battle. The last but not the least christians should be actively involve in politics. Enough of these muslims political office holder with islamic adgenda.

ARISE CHURCH & LETS DO THE NEEDFUL!!!
You deliberately refused to add the most important factor: Lust for money, and transformation of the Church into business outfit.
If the teachings of Christ were to be followed sincerely, the whole world would be one community.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Fourwinds: 6:17pm On May 15, 2016
TedBaker:
dnt be dense Mofucker. Re u one of dem
u must be very stu..pid for replying me with such word...
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by fatiaforreal: 6:22pm On May 15, 2016
annunaki2:
Turkey is a muslim country today because they were over ran by evil satanic jihadists and forced to convert at the pain of death and not because the church there was weak. That scenario can never happen in Nigeria cause they will be crushed. In truth islam is in decline today in Nigeria with several muslims renouncing islam on a daily basis and accepting christ.
Objectively, you're correct. I don't think it has to do with theology, it is a combination of pentecostal scam and nepotism. However, the exact reverse of that is happening on the global scale, be objective fela!
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by ariesbull: 6:25pm On May 15, 2016
Fourwinds:
dis is no longer history... Go to Aba and find out... After all Aba is not in a foreign land... Sit down and face reality

You win

I am a Muslim also
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2016
miftaudeen:
sit down there are muslims among igbos,
Not denying the fact but most of them are not in igboland and the feel who stays in igboland came back from Muslim areas but what are their percentage less than one
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by TedBaker(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2016
Fourwinds:
u must be very stu..pid for replying me with such word...
U talk anyhow,,,, n as such ur response deserve a tough reply..... U re an ackward and bitter Pessimist.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Eminentsaint(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2016
Antioch is in Syria not Turkey
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by delishpot: 7:02pm On May 15, 2016
EVILFOREST:

Thanks Man. Ur points are distinct
This shows that u are very observant.
But our HOLY BIBLE made me to understand that, in the LAST DAYS such things must surface.
Many NIGERIAN churches don't engage in Evangelism again... except for the JEHOVAH Witnesses Who indoctrinated it and made it a rite of passage in their denomination.
My Question is... ..
what have u done so far to keep it lively because that's what matters. Because HEAVEN is a personal race.

I live by example. Thank you for your concern.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Fourwinds: 7:04pm On May 15, 2016
TedBaker:
U talk anyhow,,,, n as such ur response deserve a tough reply..... U re an ackward and bitter Pessimist.
people like u like sweet words, pleasant talk but refuse to face d reality... When Jesus Christ preached, they said his teaching was too hard to follow... Wilson Churchill of Britain warned his country men of impending attacks from Germany, dey disliked him for it... What was d eventual outcome Eeemh...

Being frank doesn't mean one is pessimistic ok
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by TedBaker(m): 7:20pm On May 15, 2016
Fourwinds:
people like u like sweet words, pleasant talk but refuse to face d reality... When Jesus Christ preached, they said his teaching was too hard to follow... Wilson Churchill of Britain warned his country men of impending attacks from Germany, dey disliked him for it... What was d eventual outcome Eeemh...

Being frank doesn't mean one is pessimistic ok
what am tryin to say is that one must be modest in makin their grievances knwn. (Or Vision as in ur case) sorry for d drama earlier..... N I want to assure u that that can never happen in this country Nigeria. It might ve happened in Turkey, Buh ve re nt Turks. I fink my knowlrdge of Nigeria makes me stand my ground.... Am an avid observer of this trend I even used it for my projects at both under and currently in my post graduate.... So jst Chill bro.......
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Fourwinds: 7:32pm On May 15, 2016
TedBaker:
what am tryin to say is that one must be modest in makin their grievances knwn. (Or Vision as in ur case) sorry for d drama earlier..... N I want to assure u that that can never happen in this country Nigeria. It might ve happened in Turkey, Buh ve re nt Turks. I fink my knowlrdge of Nigeria makes me stand my ground.... Am an avid observer of this trend I even used it for my projects at both under and currently in my post graduate.... So jst Chill bro.......
ok.. No wahala.. Do have a wonderful evening
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by teniyi(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2016
mrhansome12:
Not denying the fact but most of them are not in igboland and the feel who stays in igboland came back from Muslim areas but what are their percentage less than one

Please stop denying what you don't know. A piece I read from your fellow christian evangelist revealed how worried the Igbos are because of the reversion to Islam amongst the Igbo who have not travelled to the Muslim Lands before. I still have a video of Igbo sister who came to Islam but she has not even travelled out of Igboland before.

Now is another big surprise for you. The first ever Islamic University in Nigeria is coming to Ebonyi State soon and there is nothing any man-god worshipper can do about that.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 15, 2016
The Bible declared satan to steal. kill and destroy, i wonder why christians fear, whether we like it or not martyr of saint is what we are expecting here in nigeria, its happening but not rampant, that is part of end signs, blessed are you when men persecute you for righteousness sake, be glad cos great is your reward in heaven, Jesus Was Killed. Apostle Paul faced trials nd persecution also other disciples, they were faithful unto death, we can do the same.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 8:03pm On May 15, 2016
teniyi:

Please stop denying what you don't know. A piece I read from your fellow christian evangelist revealed how worried the Igbos are because of the reversion to Islam amongst the Igbo who have not travelled to the Muslim Lands before. I still have a video of Igbo sister who came to Islam but she has not even travelled out of Igboland before.

Now is another big surprise for you. The first ever Islamic University in Nigeria is coming to Ebonyi State soon and there is nothing any man-god worshipper can do about that.
bla bla bla the largest concentration of Muslims especially non Igbo is in Ebonyi state so having Islamic university is not a big deal because igboland is a liberal society doesn't mean Islam will have a strong hold here. I am nwafu so I know what I am talking about.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Laid2001: 8:08pm On May 15, 2016
I serve a living GOD

The TRUTH is that God Almighty is Alive!!

He never dies even for 3 second!!
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by teniyi(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2016
mrhansome12:
bla bla bla the largest concentration of Muslims especially non Igbo is in Ebonyi state so having Islamic university is not a big deal because igboland is a liberal society doesn't mean Islam will have a strong hold here. I am nwafu so I know what I am talking about.
Whatever you hear here is fact but you can keep denying. I won't argue with you if Igbo are liberal or not. That is a discussion not meant for me, but I just want you to know that the growth of Islam amongst the Igbo is fantastically impressive.

Anytime I hear Igbo saying no muslim among the Igbo, what I do is just to smile. When will you people stop denying the obvious. To buttress my point, there is an Islamic program on NTA Owerri every Friday.

Are you not tired of the worshipping the small idols that dominated the households in Igboland? Islam is coming to the rescue and you are still angry.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 8:40pm On May 15, 2016
teniyi:

Whatever you hear here is fact but you can keep denying. I won't argue with you if Igbo are liberal or not. That is a discussion not meant for me, but I just want you to know that the growth of Islam amongst the Igbo is fantastically impressive.

Anytime I hear Igbo saying no muslim among the Igbo, what I do is just to smile. When will you people stop denying the obvious. To buttress my point, there is an Islamic program on NTA Owerri every Friday.

Are you not tired of the worshipping the small idols that dominated the households in Igboland? Islam is coming to the rescue and you are still angry.
lol they can organize an Islamic crusade in all the eastern states but Islam is dead on arrival, the pains of civil war, boko haram, religious riots, Fulani attacks in east and the marginalization of Igbo's is still fresh in the heart of the people, with IPOB propaganda which is anti Islam is strong in igboland. bro don't hang your hope on it. Islam is dead among Igbo's. lol at small gods in our households bro you are a comedian and who wana rescue? islam, spare me the bullshit Igbo's love their lives and will never join any religion that preaches violence.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by replete(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2016
kallmemrB:
pipe dream....nothing like that can happen in nigeria....we still have igbos that hate Islam than satan due to their catholic beliefs
Don't we have Igbos that are Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by brajy(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2016
tartar9:

I guess that also included defending Europe from satanic jews and satanic heretics.The crusaders following the footsteps of their god sought only after blood,they couldn't give any option-they slaughtered in cold blood both young and old,Muslim and non-Muslim alike.
These same 'satanic' Jihadists spared and fed the xtian beasts on numerous occasions after defeating them.This is what one of them had to say about the Islamic rules of war;
"Who could doubt that such goodness,
friendship and charity come from God? Men
whose parents, sons and daughters, brothers
and sisters, had died in agony at our hands,
whose lands we took, whom we drove naked
from their homes, revived us with their own
food when we were dying of hunger and
showered us with kindness even when we
were in their power."
Thats a lie!!! its obvious don't argue
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 10:17pm On May 15, 2016
mrhansome12:

At a time you were too smart and intelligent for Christianity
You only listen to tales about Islam from its detractors

You can never like APC(PDP) if you listen only to PDP(APC)
Do you seriously a merciful God will kill his "son" because of another person's sin

A merciful father will just tell his "son", don't bother, I have forgiven the person
Will you beat you child because another person take your property
Afteral you are only answerable to yourself for your property!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 10:20pm On May 15, 2016
EliteQueen:
and where was ur own wen the Christian king chased out muslims in Spain. Guess (
As a Christian, you can say anything
In Islam, we don't talk anyhow about leaders of other religion

That is another clear difference between the two

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 10:29pm On May 15, 2016
annunaki2:
Likewise Islam on the rise in Europe and America where christians, priests and pastors are trooping into Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 10:29pm On May 15, 2016
derecho:
sacrifice born out of love.If you believe the story of Abraham instructed to sacrifice his son, why won't He do same to prove His love?

Did Abraham sacrifice his son at the end of the day? No
And the notional sacrifice was not commanded because of a sin
But to test the faith of Abraham and I can understand that

Why cannot God just forgive - he does not have to justify His actions to anyone
Who will query Him of he just forgave Adam completely
He is not answerable to anyone
Where is the love? Who are we proving it to? Why is the death so special?

Does not make sense to me at all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Tucker Turned Down $10 Million To Stay True To His Faith / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) / Burial Photos Of Pastor Shuaibu Yohanna Who Was Murdered By Mob In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.