Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey (42585 Views)

"Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 10:31pm On May 15, 2016
mrhansome12:
Then the one who is causing all the troubles in the world from ISIS, to Boko Haram just to mention a few so any of the religion encroachment into igboland is dead on arrival.

Hahahah
If you judged religions on account of troubles, you would ask that Christianity be banned
Without Western countries who claim to be Christian destablising the Middle East, there would be no ISIS

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2016
replete:

Don't we have Igbos that are Muslims?
u dey mind dis one?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 10:38pm On May 15, 2016
BetaThings:

At a time you were too smart and intelligent for Christianity
You only listen to tales about Islam from its detractors

You can never like APC(PDP) if you listen only to PDP(APC)
Do you seriously a merciful God will kill his "son" because of another person's sin

A merciful father will just tell his "son", don't bother, I have forgiven the person
Will you beat you child because another person take your property
Afteral you are only answerable to yourself for your property!
lol Christianity has come to stay and Islam in the next ten millenniums will not uproot it. this is igboland we are talking about not other place. with the negative propaganda against Islam in igboland believe me that religion stand no Chance. Don't stay in your region and be arguing with me on what is on ground in my region, so you believe Igbo's will embrace the religion that is causing havoc in igboland and other places through Fulani helmsmen attacks BTW Islamic scholars don't go on street preaching or humanitarian works. l wonder what Islam will offer Igbo's that will lead to mass conversion

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by sixtus3606(m): 10:53pm On May 15, 2016
delishpot:
The only reason I see the Nigerian church failing is hypocrisy. Yes, our religious leaders are hypocrites, their followers are even worse than them. Their actions are disgusting to God and man. Who will listen to a pastor who sleeps with the choir leader, milks his people dry, preaches only for material and financial gain, selfish, quick to tear his members down, lord it over the people under him, does not practice what he preaches ? How do you respect and consider the Christian life Holly and worthy of emulation when you look around you and see the shame and disgraceful lives they live day to day?
These are what will make people dump Christianity in future even if Moslems do not overtake it.
person dey talk "A"...this one dey yarn " Z"
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2016
BetaThings:

Hahahah
If you judged religions on account of troubles, you would ask that Christianity be banned
Without Western countries who claim to be Christian destablising the Middle East, there would be no ISIS
The middle east allowed themselves to be destabilized and your religion took advantage of the instability and is wrecking havoc, so who's fault that some people can be easily used and dumped. coming back home you can ask your brothers here how many people they have been able to convert. know this before the war Islam is already here and what are their influence compare to Christianity in the north. Igbo's are the most stubborn set of people if you can not convince them don't force them cus they will resist it and since convincing them is not working and will not work, forcing is out of option.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by tartar9(m): 3:04am On May 16, 2016
brajy:
Thats a lie!!! its obvious don't argue
Yea,its obvious because you've said so sad
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by tee4naija(m): 3:13am On May 16, 2016
annunaki2:
Turkey is a muslim country today because they were over ran by evil satanic jihadists and forced to convert at the pain of death and not because the church there was weak. That scenario can never happen in Nigeria cause they will be crushed. In truth islam is in decline today in Nigeria with several muslims renouncing islam on a daily basis and accepting christ.
Continue daydreaming.By the time the scale is off your eyes, Nigeria will be 100% Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 6:48am On May 16, 2016
mrhansome12:
lol Christianity has come to stay and Islam in the next ten millenniums will not uproot it. this is igboland we are talking about not other place. with the negative propaganda against Islam in igboland believe me that religion stand no Chance. Don't stay in your region and be arguing with me on what is on ground in my region, so you believe Igbo's will embrace the religion that is causing havoc in igboland and other places through Fulani helmsmen attacks BTW Islamic scholars don't go on street preaching or humanitarian works. l wonder what Islam will offer Igbo's that will lead to mass conversion

I ma not bothered at all about negative propaganda or conversion
I am bothered that a people you declare to be smart (and I agree with that)
will just take decisions based on propaganda

I don't find Christianity attractive because I don't like the hypocrisy
Christians open threads to talk about Islamisation whereas Christians mostly have things their way
Do you need lies to support God?

Muslims open threads to talk about Islam and its achievement, Christians jump on the thread to castigate Islam
But I don't see Christians condemning threads on "Baby Mama", "Baby Daddy", "lady wants you to see her curves" etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by BetaThings: 6:52am On May 16, 2016
mrhansome12:
The middle east allowed themselves to be destabilized and your religion took advantage of the instability and is wrecking havoc, so who's fault that some people can be easily used and dumped.

How did they allow themselves to be destablised?
Did they invite Americans to attack Saddam or Gaddaffi?
Did Nigerians allow the whites to colonise them?

You should situate comments on TRUE historical accounts

mrhansome12:

coming back home you can ask your brothers here how many people they have been able to convert. know this before the war Islam is already here and what are their influence compare to Christianity in the north. Igbo's are the most stubborn set of people if you can not convince them don't force them cus they will resist it and since convincing them is not working and will not work, forcing is out of option.
I am not talking about marketing
Christianity had a tough time in Igboland too
I am talking about the truth

I am not convinced the basic premise of Christianity is true
Were an Igbo man, I will look again
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by derecho(m): 7:01am On May 16, 2016
First, it does not need to make sense to you.Secondly,God is not man. If you read the bible you would have read something like "the foolishness of God is wiser than men"-1Cor. 1:25.
Jesus is the Son of God, He died for the world.
BTW, The story of Abraham is not notional,it happened.Just wondering why a person would waste time talking about what is notional as a basis for his argument and still claim to know what he's saying.
BetaThings:

Did Abraham sacrifice his son at the end of the day? No
And the notional sacrifice was not commanded because of a sin
But to test the faith of Abraham and I can understand that

Why cannot God just forgive - he does not have to justify His actions to anyone
Who will query Him of he just forgave Adam completely
He is not answerable to anyone
Where is the love? Who are we proving it to? Why is the death so special?

Does not make sense to me at all!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by derecho(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2016
greenpasture:

But if I might ask " who is intimidating us?"
as a nigerian,let me answer with a question.Why the conformity to non-Christian standards?
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mickeymimi: 10:05am On May 16, 2016
Depends on Majority of a religious sect in the army and the police force.

I guess we have lots of muslims in the Nigeria army.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Nobody: 10:11am On May 16, 2016
derecho:
as a nigerian,let me answer with a question.Why the conformity to non-Christian standards?

What do you mean non Christian standards? Is it dressing? How does this constitute intimidation?

What I do know is that Christianity is not the struggling to live by a code of behaviour. It is the outliving of the life of Christ granted on conversion. Birds fly, fish swim and all things act according to their nature. The believer will naturally live out of life of Christ. Behaviour modification as espoused by the institutional church is not Christian and in fact it is the reason it is so easy to deceive; just wear the right outfits, say the right things and you are a Christian.

True Christianity cannot be intimated or cowed because the life lived is not from the earth but from above.

Even if churches are banned and evangelism becomes an offence, Christianity will grow and abound. It's enemy is complacency, internal corruption and any pacts with politics and the world's system of thought and what are those systems? That might is right, the ends justify the means and wealth is the singular sign of approval by God.

So when you speak of Turkey, know this, the enemy is not flesh and blood, it is not Islam or paganism, but a system of worldly thinking that can corrupt the church from within the heart, affections and priorities.

Let us not be deceived to wage war like ordinary men who live by what they see and hear.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by derecho(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2016
Tnx for your opinion
greenpasture:

What do you mean non Christian standards? Is it dressing? How does this constitute intimidation?

What I do know is that Christianity is not the struggling to live by a code of behaviour. It is the outliving of the life of Christ granted on conversion. Birds fly, fish swim and all things act according to their nature. The believer will naturally live out of life of Christ. Behaviour modification as espoused by the institutional church is not Christian and in fact it is the reason it is so easy to deceive; just wear the right outfits, say the right things and you are a Christian.

True Christianity cannot be intimated or cowed because the life lived is not from the earth but from above.

Even if churches are banned and evangelism becomes an offence, Christianity will grow and abound. It's enemy is complacency, internal corruption and any pacts with politics and the world's system of thought and what are those systems? That might is right, the ends justify the means and wealth is the singular sign of approval by God.

So when you speak of Turkey, know this, the enemy is not flesh and blood, it is not Islam or paganism, but a system of worldly thinking that can corrupt the church from within the heart, affections and priorities.

Let us not be deceived to wage war like ordinary men who live by what they see and hear.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by otemanuduno: 1:42pm On May 16, 2016
It is funny to see the followers of Satan(Jehovah) reasoning with the followers of Lucifer(Muslims). Anyway, the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD the God who created the universe with his Big Bang is here.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 4:07pm On May 16, 2016
BetaThings:

How did they allow themselves to be destablised?
Did they invite Americans to attack Saddam or Gaddaffi?
Did Nigerians allow the whites to colonise them?

You should situate comments on TRUE historical accounts

I am not talking about marketing
Christianity had a tough time in Igboland too
I am talking about the truth

I am not convinced the basic premise of Christianity is true
Were an Igbo man, I will look again
Christianity had it tough I believe but the timeframe is different and with level of exposure believe me Islam doesn't stand a chance. If you doubt me come down to south east and confirm.
Saddam was a dictator and dictators like him in middle east had already destabilize the region which gave room to western intervention which led to the crisis in the region
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by mrhansome12(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2016
BetaThings:

I ma not bothered at all about negative propaganda or conversion
I am bothered that a people you declare to be smart (and I agree with that)
will just take decisions based on propaganda

I don't find Christianity attractive because I don't like the hypocrisy
Christians open threads to talk about Islamisation whereas Christians mostly have things their way
Do you need lies to support God?

Muslims open threads to talk about Islam and its achievement, Christians jump on the thread to castigate Islam
But I don't see Christians condemning threads on "Baby Mama", "Baby Daddy", "lady wants you to see her curves" etc
No religion is filled with saints so there are bad eggs in Christianity and Islam so how a group of people under a religion decide to behave is up to them. BTW who your dislike for Christianity DON epp
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by annunaki2(m): 6:00am On May 17, 2016
tee4naija:

Continue daydreaming.By the time the scale is off your eyes, Nigeria will be 100% Muslims.

Is that how much you hate Nigeria We know the islamisation agenda for nigeria is real but I can assure you it will fail monumentally. tongue
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by annunaki2(m): 6:03am On May 17, 2016
Abdulhakeem7:
Likewise Islam on the rise in Europe and America where christians, priests and pastors are trooping into Islam.

Olodo, islam is on the rise in europe and america because muslims are migrating from their God forsaken islamic countries for greener pastures in christian dominated countries and not because anyone is converting to your cursed religion.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:14am On May 17, 2016
annunaki2:

Olodo, islam is on the rise in europe and america because muslims are migrating from their God forsaken islamic countries for greener pastures in christian dominated countries and not because anyone is converting to your cursed religion.
Ode,google search muslim reverts and see for urself.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by annunaki2(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2016
Abdulhakeem7:
Ode,google search muslim reverts and see for urself.

Okponu, it's on record that over 80% of those that convert(not revert tongue) to islam renounce islam within one year of their conversion when they get to see the true face of islam.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Demmzy15(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2016
annunaki2:

Okponu, it's on record that over 80% of those that convert(not revert tongue) to islam renounce islam within one year of their conversion when they get to see the true face of islam.
Source please? When I mean source, I don't want your Christian propaganda sites, I'm waiting!
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by SujiAndrew(m): 3:00pm On May 17, 2016
This post will clarify all your doubt about the payment of tithe.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/should-christians-pay-tithe.html
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2016
annunaki2:

Ashunu!revert(not convert) all human beings are born muslims, they are either changed by their parents or something else. Get ur fact right and don't come here again with ur fake 80% stats
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by annunaki2(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2016
Abdulhakeem7:
Ashunu!revert(not convert) all human beings are born muslims, they are either changed by their parents or something else. Get ur fact right and don't come here again with ur fake 80% stats

"Revert" "all human beings are born muslims" is another lie from the darkest pits of hell invented by satan a.k.a allahh to give credence to his false religion(islam). Even your evil mohammed was not born muslim but was born as an idol worshipper and he did not invent his evil islamic religion till that encounter he had with an evil spirit in a cave. Get your facts right, nobody is born a muslim, that statement is just a lie you have been indoctrinated with and you stupidly accept because you have been heavily brainwashed by your satanic religion.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by SujiAndrew(m): 7:06am On May 18, 2016
We have had to fight on this for centuries; do you think ladies have roles to play in pulpit ministry?
This blog will clarify all your doubts regarding this topic.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/04/do-ladies-have-place-in-pulpit-ministry.html
Be blessed as you read in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2016
annunaki2:

"Revert" "all human beings are born muslims" is another lie from the darkest pits of hell invented by satan a.k.a allahh to give credence to his false religion(islam). Even your evil mohammed was not born muslim but was born as an idol worshipper and he did not invent his evil islamic religion till that encounter he had with an evil spirit in a cave. Get your facts right, nobody is born a muslim, that statement is just a lie you have been indoctrinated with and you stupidly accept because you have been heavily brainwashed by your satanic religion.
No more argument with an ignorant person like you because when one argues with someone like u, u will turn one to a fool like urself. However, don't abuse Allah and Muhammad again except if u want the wrath of Allah on yourself............ We shall meet on judgment day.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by annunaki2(m): 9:06am On May 19, 2016
Abdulhakeem7:
No more argument with an ignorant person like you because when one argues with someone like u, u will turn one to a fool like urself. However, don't abuse Allah and Muhammad again except if u want the wrath of Allah on yourself............ We shall meet on judgment day.

Buzz off, your mohammed is already roasting in hell, you can go and join him there for all I care.
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Abdulhakeem7(m): 9:39pm On May 24, 2016
annunaki2:

Buzz off, your mohammed is already roasting in hell, you can go and join him there for all I care.
u're d president of hell,dats y u know who's there

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by kumakunta: 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
EliteQueen:
and where was ur own muhammad wen the Christian king chased out muslims in Spain. Guess he was with one of his concubines angry
Same way we chased Christians out of turkey .
Re: Why Nigerian And Ghanian Churches May Soon Be In The Shoes Of Turkey by Amujale(m): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
All the Abrahamic religions peddle a false representation of history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Pastor Shuaibu Yohanna Who Was Murdered By Mob In Kano / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.