Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 (1420 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / Obiano And Fashola On Inspection Of 2nd Niger Bridge & Federal Roads- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by three: 5:37am On May 12, 2016
Twitter user @Adekoyabee asks where Fashola's common sense is now...

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Nobody: 5:50am On May 12, 2016
Op 2014 not 2016.

When you're not there you thought it's easy. When you're there. You will understand the whole thing

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by portside(m): 5:58am On May 12, 2016
Issues like this make me not believe in the people in this present govt, am tired to even narrate,they all suck.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Koleman(m): 6:01am On May 12, 2016
baba I d warn u... not against subsidy removal but channel the money to important sectors... eg Declare free education in all Fed govt colleges and universities or better still reduce all fees by 90% then also increase the min wage to 40k then nobody will protest. then we can actually know u mean well.....its sad to say but the wailers were right all along! I don d regret small small

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by aztec007: 6:09am On May 12, 2016
People comparing the price between Jonathan's era and now forget the exchange rate has jumped over 100% during the period. If you adjust for exchange rate the price set by Jonathan's government, the said price today will be about N280/liter so intact today's price correctly factors in the 50%+ drop in crude prices. I hope this answer the question of all these armchair "economist" who think the are suddenly knowledgeable of global macroeconomic developments.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:11am On May 12, 2016
and now they have all turn to deaf and dumb. hypocrite government.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by allthingsgood: 6:15am On May 12, 2016
Koleman:
baba I d warn u... not against subsidy removal but channel the money to important sectors... eg Declare free education in all Fed govt colleges and universities or better still reduce all fees by 90% then also increase the min wage to 40k then nobody will protest. then we can actually know u mean well.....its sad to say but the wailers were right all along! I don d regret small small

No way, wailers were never right.
But your ideas are very good. Money shld be put in the right place
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by nameo: 6:18am On May 12, 2016
allthingsgood:

No way, wailers were never right.
But your ideas are very good. Money shld be put in the right place

Stop the self deceit, Bros.... And smell the coffee already

3 Likes

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by StRichard(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2016
let's see if NLC will take over the street

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by DaBullIT(m): 6:44am On May 12, 2016
NLC should take over the street
but not to protest for price increase

rather for salary / minimum wage increase
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by MRSALT: 6:55am On May 12, 2016
[quote author=aztec007 post=45540036]People comparing the price between Jonathan's era and now forget the exchange rate has jumped over 100% during the period. If you adjust for exchange rate the price set by Jonathan's government, the said price today will be about N280/liter so intact today's price correctly factors in the 50%+ drop in crude prices. I hope this answer the question of all these armchair "economist" who think the are suddenly knowledgeable of global macroeconomic developments.[/quote
You are a liar. Govt has not devalued naira at least officially
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by irynterri(f): 7:05am On May 12, 2016
Nigerians are crying that they will buy fuel at #145 whereas the reality is only nnpc filling stations will sell at that price and we all know how difficult it is to buy fuel there while others might sell as high as #200..so we should be saying that the price of fuel is #150 and above

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by phayvoursky(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2016
aztec007:
People comparing the price between Jonathan's era and now forget the exchange rate has jumped over 100% during the period. If you adjust for exchange rate the price set by Jonathan's government, the said price today will be about N280/liter so intact today's price correctly factors in the 50%+ drop in crude prices. I hope this answer the question of all these armchair "economist" who think the are suddenly knowledgeable of global macroeconomic developments.

OH HEAVENS.

DONT ALLOW SUCH CROSS MY PATH COS MURDER WILL BE D CASE.

SEEMS U JUST LIKE TYPING ANYHW.
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by nabiz(m): 7:15am On May 12, 2016
irynterri:
Nigerians are crying that they will buy fuel at #145 whereas the reality is only nnpc filling stations will sell at that price and we all know how difficult it is to buy fuel there while others might sell as high as #200..so we should be saying that the price of fuel is #150 and above
. very true
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Pheals(f): 7:20am On May 12, 2016
That's how government always lie
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by seunlayi(m): 7:21am On May 12, 2016
I wasted a lot of my time telling people then but they disagree and now they want me to agree. Apc scammed people,this is truly a one chance govt

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by subtle009(m): 7:35am On May 12, 2016
Fashola was actually talking like a dumbo towards the election. Remember what he said about lekki robbery, power, etc
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by aztec007: 7:37am On May 12, 2016
@Mrsalt. The problem I have is when people talk without doing good research. Have you ever heard of the PPPRA Template? Well on that template which the government used to arrive at N145 per liter it used the parallel market exchange rate of about N322/$! So they have in fact devalued in the PPPRA Template. The previous rate used was N197. If you're not convinced calculate the percentage difference between the oil PMS price and the new one, then calculate the percentage difference between the two exchange rates. See something similar?
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by post111(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2016
Hypocrisy
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Emasky4real(m): 7:45am On May 12, 2016
The politicians are only fighting for their own pocket. You think they care about you? They only fight for things that favour them.
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 12, 2016
when politicians dominate 80% of the nation's systems; rightness is overruled
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Kanyekels(m): 7:47am On May 12, 2016
Like they will always talk about someone from South west

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by adexi(m): 8:26am On May 12, 2016
aztec007:

Guess you dont know where to stand. Na d subsidy removal b d koko . No change topic grin
aztec007:

Guess you dont know where to stand. Na d subsidy removal b d koko . No change topic
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by Ukeachu1(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2016
Kanyekels:
Like they will always talk about someone from South west

Na u funny pass o
Re: FASHOLA On Fuel Pricing In December 2014 by leksbore(m): 5:33pm On May 12, 2016
irynterri:
my area it was sold for 180

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Another Group From Niger Delta Emerges Against Buhari / We Have Earmarked 500billion For Tomato Empowerment - Lai Mohammed / Governor Ambode Commissions Projects At LASU .PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.