Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. (1816 Views)

I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by bindex(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
I am presently In Nigeria and sometimes I wish that there is a god so that he can help Nigerians since they can't help themselves at all. cry cry cry cry cry cry. What really is wrong with the black man? Why can't we create and run a civilized, modern and functioning society like others? a society where there is rule of law and some level of harmony? Its super crazy what is going on here in this country. when ever I compare the life here and what is obtainable in Sweden or Belgium I  cry cry cry cry cry. My heart bleeds for this country. Sometimes I really wish that there is a god so that he can help all the helpless people in Nigeria, its really really crazy what is going on here.  cry cry cry
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by whiteroses(f): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2009
last time i checked there was God, newaiz naija is a poor country ruled by idiots and wizards lipsrsealed thats why there is so much calamity
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by bindex(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2009
whiteroses:

last time i checked there was God, newaiz naija is a poor country ruled by idiots and wizards lipsrsealed thats why there is so much calamity 

All the leaders were brought up or came out from the same dead system, They didn't fall down from mars. The came out from the already dead Nigerian system. This country needs serious help. Its very obvious that we can't help ourselves.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by bawomolo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2009
whiteroses:

what wizards?
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by kshow1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2009
bindex:

All the leaders were brought up or came out from the same dead system, They didn't fall down from mars. The came out from the already dead Nigerian system. This country needs serious help. Its very obvious that we can't help ourselves.

we can only help ourselves through a bloody revolution.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Tudor6(f): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2009
Exactly!
The french revolution style or looking close to home, the jerry rawlings method.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by manmustwac(m): 1:10am On Aug 15, 2009
Tudór:

Exactly!
The french revolution style or looking close to home, the jerry rawlings method.
I agree with u but the masses are waiting for god to come down from heaven and solve our problems (which of course will never happen)
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 15, 2009
Thank God I'm not of this world!!! Lmao!!!
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by tpiah2: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2009
you wish there is a God?

you're so confused.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2009
Bindex how body, I hope that my jamaica abi na bahamas trip is still on the horizon oh cheesy
Me I believe it will take a really long time but something has to first put a sense of patriotism in us first, those stupid white people put us all together in one place, african societies do better when governing their kind, until we shed the tribal skin we are not going anywhere. So I also think a serious war with another country might just scare it into us, that is the short cut, the long route is democracy which I estimate 300 years before the kind of change we want. Thats possible if God forwards time and make sure we loose the battle until we realise we have to fight together to become our brothers keeper, oh I forgot God does not really give two cheeks of a monkeys ass, so its the 300 years route. Don't feel bad bro not in our lifetime just join me and drink tombo cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by bindex(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
stillwater:

Thank God I'm not of this world!!! Lmao!!!

Why not go and get yourself killed so that you can be part of the imaginary next world?

Chrisbenogor:

Bindex how body, I hope that my jamaica abi na bahamas trip is still on the horizon oh cheesy
Me I believe it will take a really long time but something has to first put a sense of patriotism in us first, those stupid white people put us all together in one place, african societies do better when governing their kind, until we shed the tribal skin we are not going anywhere. So I also think a serious war with another country might just scare it into us, that is the short cut, the long route is democracy which I estimate 300 years before the kind of change we want. Thats possible if God forwards time and make sure we loose the battle until we realise we have to fight together to become our brothers keeper, oh I forgot God does not really give two cheeks of a monkeys ass, so its the 300 years route. Don't feel bad bro not in our lifetime just join me and drink tombo cheesy

The trip is still on grin grin grin. This country is a complete mess and the problem is that we really have no idea of how to help ourselves, every body is just a lying fool in one way or the other. Tribalism, ethnicity, religious segregation, lack of tolerance and no respect for the rule of law by most people is what reigns supreme. Its super crazy whats going on here.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2009
bindex:

Why not go and get yourself killed so that you can be part of the imaginary next world?

As usual the mouth wins the race and the brain doesn't catch up or [i]preferably [/i]refuses to catch up. grin I thought you knew the bible by heart cheesy, you don't want me to upset my plans of being in the imaginary next world by killing myself, do you?
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Tudor6(f): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2009
stillwater:

As usual the mouth wins the race and the brain doesn't catch up or [i]preferably [/i]refuses to catch up. grin I thought you knew the bible by heart cheesy, you don't want me to upset my plans of being in the imaginary next world by killing myself, do you?
Why not go preach in Afghanistan. . . .dat should do it for ya. . . .
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2009
Tudór:

Why not go preach in Afghanistan. . . .dat should do it for ya. . . .

Nooooo, I thought you knew the bible too. Don't you know there has to be a calling first before you venture on such? shocked
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Tudor6(f): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
Really?. . . .well i'll be damned!

When we hear calls for volunteers they never say anything about calling. . . . .shows how xtians interprete the bible in a million different ways.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 16, 2009
Tudór:

Really?. . . .well i'll be damned!

When we hear calls for volunteers they never say anything about calling. . . . .shows how xtians interprete the bible in a million different ways.

Naa, shows how surfers differ from divers, lmao!!! cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by dalaman: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
Most Europeans do not believe in God but they take very very good care of each other, the have respect for rule of law and observe basic procedure of how a decent society is supposed to operate, why is it that we that strongly profess a believe in God and divine moral conduct can't do the same? Its really sad.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2009
dalaman:

Most Europeans do not believe in God but they take very very good care of each other, the have respect for rule of law and observe basic procedure of how a decent society is supposed to operate, why is it that we that strongly profess a believe in God and divine moral conduct can't do the same? Its really sad.

Simple. The Europeans started out with christianity as a way of life and that was what majority of their nations were built on. We adopted christianity more as a means to an end, God to us is NOT a symbol of worship but a genie to solve all our problems.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2009
Poster
Dont kid yourself. . .GOD exists!
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by dalaman: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

Simple. The Europeans started out with christianity as a way of life and that was what majority of their nations were built on. We adopted christianity more as a means to an end, God to us is NOT a symbol of worship but a genie to solve all our problems.

It still has nothing to do with the fact that we can not abide by simple laws that we set to help us govern our selves and better our societies. Personally I expect people that believe in divine moral law to uphold laws they set for themselves better than those that do not believe in it at all.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by mazaje(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
It's really crazy whats going on in Nigeria, but its the whole black race that is in trouble. . . . . what is really wrong with the black man? Why can't we build functioning and civilized nations all over the Afican continent?. . . . . . . .Why can't Nigerians value the human life? What is really wrong with us all?
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2009
dalaman:

It still has nothing to do with the fact that we can not abide by simple laws that we set to help us govern our selves and better our societies. Personally I expect people that believe in divine moral law to uphold laws they set for themselves better than those that do not believe in it at all.

Europeans are really no better than us at upholding their laws, they are simply better at enforcing them.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by dalaman: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
davidylan:

Europeans are really no better than us at upholding their laws, they are simply better at enforcing them.

The above statement is very false, a look at Nigeria says that we don't know how to uphold and enforce the laws we create at all levels to help us better our society.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by manmustwac(m): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
i only have 1 thing to say to these people.
''Bad Citizens Bad Nation Good Citizens, Great Nation"
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by richjohn1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
Christians are very seldish people, chei! I used to be one but I have given it a retreat see athiests conserned about the state of the black and one 'bloody believer' saying she's not of this world! well we can go ahead and kill all the christians still they are not part of us, they show no symphathy to our horrible condition, and have nothing to improve it afterall they are not of this world undecided
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by toneyb: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
Nigerians and black Africans in general are incredibly inferior minded when compared to the white people, Its very obvious. Many are still living in the dark ages, most are happy living in slums and believing in meaningless superstition that has never and will never help them at all. Africans have made Africa a dark continent. The people are so simple minded and just too ignorant. Africans should learn about the renaissance If they do they will realize they are in the dark ages. As Bindex has said its crazy what is going on in Nigeria people can not even uphold and enforce basic laws that will help them better themselves as human beings, its so so sad.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by mazaje(m): 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
toneyb:

Nigerians and black Africans in general are incredibly inferior minded when compared to the white people, Its very obvious. Many are still living in the dark ages, most are happy living in slums and believing in meaningless superstition that has never and will never help them at all. Africans have made Africa a dark continent. The people are so simple minded and just too ignorant. Africans should learn about the renaissance If they do they will realize they are in the dark ages. As Bindex has said its crazy what is going on in Nigeria people can not even uphold and enforce basic laws that will help them better themselves as human beings, its so so sad.

Very true words. . . . . .
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 23, 2009
You black atheists make me laugh. cheesy Your white counterparts were able to make names for themselves. But as usual the all talk and no action from black man is clearly evident here and it seems the black atheist also inherited it. grin I guess religion is the cause despite the fact that religion was very much around when white scientists were making discoveries here and there. Shiorrrrrr. tongue
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Tudor6(f): 8:03am On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

You black atheists make me laugh. cheesy Your white counterparts were able to make names for themselves. But as usual the all talk and no action from black man is clearly evident here and it seems the black atheist also inherited it.  grin I guess religion is the cause despite the fact that religion was very much around when white scientists were making discoveries  here and there. Shiorrrrrr. tongue
What the hell is this?
Is atheism now a career? Jeez!
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2009
Tudór:

What the hell is this?
Is atheism now a career? Jeez!

Since you guys have made a career out of disproving and stalking religion, yes it is. Of what use is the black atheist if his only job is to run a loose disproving and not putting anything in practical? What is your own quota to the development of this country?

As usual, the bane of the black man . . . all mouth no action. cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by Tudor6(f): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

Since you guys have made a career out of disproving and stalking religion, yes it is.
Is this supposed to make sense?
Do you even know the definition of the word 'career' ?
Damn!
Of what use is the black atheist if his only job is to run a loose disproving and not putting anything in practical?[b] What is your own quota to the development of this country?
As usual, the bane of the black man . . . all mouth no action. cheesy
I wonder how you think. . . .are you supposed to impact your country based on your belief/ non belief in god or as a citizen?
Is atheism a doctrinized dogma or an institution that deals with stuffs like government, development or societal relations and principles?

Don't just post for the sake of it pls.
Re: Sometimes I Wish That There Is A God. by jagunlabi(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
I disagree with this assertion,davidylan.Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the abilities of the europeans to build functioning civilizations.As a matter of fact,they flourished ONLY after jettisoning christian religious beliefs from their thinking.That was what happened in the period of the rennaisance.
davidylan:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love And Submission? / He Sees Men Of Prophet TB Joshua And Dr. Chris Okafor. What Is The Implication? / Is The Third World War Coming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.