Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada (22502 Views)

"Buhari Does Not Need Obasanjo’s Advice" - Dr. Victor Oye, APGA Chairman / Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by shugaboy6102(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2016
tolexy007:
serious the gov is not good for d masses, how can u be inflicting pain on masses everyday, u increase the electricity tariff even wen the light is not frequent, the price of dollar is going up, the price of goods and food stuff is becomig unbearable everyday,even their in no need of printing 5naira again cos it cant buy anything, the salary is not increasing, now fuel is 145 per liter. just wonder how some civil servant will cope... serious theis hardship is getting too much.
God bless you for ur objectivity..I love the fact you said 5naira note shudnt be printed anymore.that's sensible since it can't buy anytn
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kajoula(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by totorimi: 4:14pm On May 12, 2016
He lacks shame
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by daniel56(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2016
Someone should send dis message

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 12, 2016
Daniyemi:
We need a law that will permit us to sue politicians voted into power for breach of promise.
seconded
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by nsoh007(m): 4:55pm On May 12, 2016
forgerit... Buhari is not worth it
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by yinkuse: 4:56pm On May 12, 2016
Dont be my dear. Let's just hope for the best after this decision made by our Govt. I strongly believe that there will definately be joy some months to come.

Ramanto:
I Voted Buhari And Even Made Sure Everybody Around Me Do The Same, But I'm Getting Disillusioned Now.

But Was There Really A Better Candidate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by Reference(m): 5:00pm On May 12, 2016
sorextee:
THIS COMEDY IS BECOMING INTERESTING. THERE WAS REALLY A COUNTRY..
LET THEM AT LEAST FIX THE RAILS, BEFORE REMOVING SUBSIDY.. I WONDER WHO ARE THE ONES ADVISING THE PRESIDENT.. BUHARI JUST DEY LIKE PHARAOH FOR BIBLE.. WE NEED A MOSES (AND AARON) to come and deliver us..

There is no more money to pay subsidy, period. What is wrong with you people. Isn't 35 billion dollars spent/wasted/stolen since 2011 not enough. Abeg, free the government and commend this great, timely move.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by nortcentrallord(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2016
Flets:
How exactly do you put Bihari and integrity in same sentence?
What true statement has Buhari ever made?
Is it about having at least 1million naira in his account?
Is it about election promises that he outrightly denied?
Is it about claiming poor but training kids in Ivy league schools?
Is it about his WAEC certificate?
Is it about truncating democracy with the barrel of a gun?

What exactly does Integrity have to do with Buhari?

In the world of the Zombies, Integrity is a relative term. It depends on how you view it. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Nigerians are funny set of people. Its not even up to a year and core apc/buhari supporters are wailing.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by Reference(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2016
juman:
Removing subsidy is necessary but the question is would there be regular availability of fuel?

I dont think so.

And why not. The market has be liberalised. Anyone can import and sell (with a price caveat). If we cannot do the simple task of importing then we cannot blame the government. There are no more excuses.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by Eluwilussit(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2016
juman:
Removing subsidy is necessary but the question is would there be regular availability of fuel?

I dont think so.

Is integrity the same as necessity?
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by P0intBlank(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2016
VocalWalls:
Q.E.D.

angry

Just about a month ago, the subsidy per litre was around 9.09 naira, we had all been ready for the removal, hoping that it would land us at N100 at most.

How on earth did they start to consider N145?
is the president trying to scam nigerians after the bank deposit stamp duty of N50 naira per transaction was ignored?
Lord Have mercy!

www.vocalwalls.com

That was calculated with N197 to a dollar. The CBN will no longer provide these marketers with forex at the official rate. Do the calculation with the rate in the parallel market and see what you'll get.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2016
doveda:
The mor.ons that voted for GEJ in 2011 are no different from the ones that voted Buhari in 2015 for moro.nic reasons. They are Nigeria's problem. Limiting their basic human rights will do well for this countrysmiley

this is exactly what I told them then
but they almost Lynch me
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2016
doveda:
The mor.ons that voted for GEJ in 2011 are no different from the ones that voted Buhari in 2015 for moro.nic reasons. They are Nigeria's problem. Limiting their basic human rights will do well for this countrysmiley

but they almost Lynch me

even though i understand there optimism
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by almousty: 6:49pm On May 12, 2016
sherif4owo:
The is stupidity.. not even what we are suppose to be disturbed about.

I'm just afraid the fund that is supposed to be used for the subsidy is been distributed and used evenly unlike the sure-p palava.

But removing subsidy is a step taken in the right way. If it doesnt come now it will definitely come ONE DAY!

unfortunately or fortunately... The ONE DAY is now!
best comment so far....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by doveda: 7:32pm On May 12, 2016
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Those who are complaining about Buhari are basically. Those who expected Buhari to just wave a wand and make everything better. Those people are the ones I call mor.ons. I am not saying Buhari was the wrong choice. I still think he is what we needed.

kazyhm:

but they almost Lynch me

even though i understand there optimism
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by chiwetel(f): 7:57pm On May 12, 2016
Bigprozzie:
So any IPOB can form up a profile on Facebook and call him himself Ahmed and the mods will move it the FP

smh
hehehe apparently a zombie is smarter than u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by emmy994: 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
does he have integrity? he knows nothing like that.they are all scam
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by jaystix(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2016
I believe and support you Ahmed maiwada,u r right,if Buhari approves d fuel price to N145,den truely he is out to frustrate the lives of Nigerian Citizens n wickedness,and God Almighty wil fight for us. Amen 1luv Nigerians
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by free13: 8:40pm On May 12, 2016
grin grin
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by attegambo: 8:43pm On May 12, 2016
buhari of 1984.let's remember what happened than, to me there was no change in his system of government .infect to remember buhari 1984 , Not good to remember
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by 2odd(m): 10:56pm On May 12, 2016
if anybody can tell me a policy that has been beneficial to the masses under Buhari , I swear I go happy
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by coolscott(m): 12:28am On May 13, 2016
Ramanto:
I Voted Buhari And Even Made Sure Everybody Around Me Do The Same, But I'm Getting Disillusioned Now.

But Was There Really A Better Candidate?
What is happening in our country is showing me that Nigerians are really not intelligent at all.
I believe it is right for Buhari to remove the subsidy but I did not (and do not) support Buhari because while people are surprised
at what they see from him, I am suuurrrprrissssed that they are surprised.

As a Niger delta man, I had planned not to vote for GEJ in 2015 but when I saw the kind of alternative that was coming, I had no choice but to align with GEJ.

I can't begin to list all the reasons why I thought it was apparent Buhari was a horror for president. We did all that back then.
But in asking the question, "Was there really a better candidate?" I think because you don't want to look silly about mobilising your thumbprint and that of others on Buhari so you use that question as an indirect and subtle way of saying that GEJ was not better.

Let me give you the list of people that would have been better than Buhari (given the culture of trying to vote for the best of the worse when we have to in Nigeria).

1. Ibrahim Shekarau, Former minister of Education and Kano state governor, under whose tenure there wasn't even one riot in notorious Kano
2. Fashola
3. GEJ
4. Rtd General Ibrahim Babangida
5. Sani Abacha
6. Abdulsalami Abubaka
7. Atiku.

Some in the list were not even on the table for contesting but I have deliberately added them to indicate how too many in the political class (old and new) look as if they would have done far better than Buhari.

Interestingly, if APC had given Fashola the ticket, I might have voted for him. Fashola is only failing now because he is part of the bigger bunch and he has been given 3 ministries (instead of one). And perhaps there is a little bit of reaping the seeds he sowed for disparaging the last administration.

Ibrahim Shekarau is in a different class completely from the rest of these politicians. In the 2011 presidential debate in which GEJ opted to not show up, he made Nuhu Ribadu, Buhari and El-Rufai look like they were empty when compared to him. He outclassed them all.

There were people the APC would have elected as party flag bearers, but seeing that they were the kind of people that they were, I chose to vote for GEJ instead. Shekarau had to leave the APC citing disorganisation and other concerns.
Fashola never got a ticket.
The horror, Buhari emerged.

Like I said, I cannot begin to list all the things that were in the public domain, and which indicated to anyone who cared to observe, the tragedy that Buhari portended leader.

The price of fuel is likely to go down after a while but these people in power knew that this was the right thing to do when they fought had against it in the past. And so it would seem to me that the deceiving politicians had their eyes open along with a very clear vision of the true state of things then.

It is the people that followed them in the way their words promised that now are disillusioned. They knew all they were doing all along.
The conclusion is "Know for yourself" "stick to what you know" "ask questions" "if provided answers are not satisfactory, don't brush the questions aside. Let the concerns in your heart be stored as 'unanswered'"

Anyone who did this would have seen the fraud the change movement was on account of all the questions they cannot answer up till today, and which they may not be able to answer in the future because of how damning it will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by KotonMboba(m): 1:30am On May 13, 2016
pchukwudi:
[s][/s]

Have you seen your level of sanity?

Were you in govt. in 2012? How did you know that we had money to keep paying subsidy?

Okay you now agree that we had been paying subsidy since time imemorial?

So how do you still blame the last govt. for not having so much in savings?

Have you ever bothered to check the movement of oil price between 2012 and 2015?

Or was it just yesterday you suddenly woke up to relize that oil prize was going down?

Have you ever stopped to think of what the country would have been by now if the Nigeria Haters Congress falsely known as APC had not deceived many foolish nigerians into resisting GEJ's well thought out move to remove the subsidy when it would have been easier for the masses to endure it?

Gosh, you guys are just so freaking irritating.

I know your type. Couple of comments infront, you'l resort to calling me names and thats 'bout the one thing I want to avoid 'fore it starts. You're asking questions as if you're arguing with yourself. If you must make to sweep aside my facts, do that with firm facts of your own and dont be typing like one who's too bitter to recognise the door to his own bedroom.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by KotonMboba(m): 1:35am On May 13, 2016
henryboff:

Chairman, you forget say when prices of crude rise, price for fuel dey also increase and vice versa. Money wey we pay for subsidy in 2012 plenty pass wetin we pay for subsidy today. Forget broke matter, subsidy na the only place wey masses dey benefit from govt. Govt broke but them still get money to buy chasis motor for senators and ministers say them wan 20mil as housing allowance. No be the same broke govt dey provide this money?
No forget say during campaign them yarn say nothing like subsidy and them no know who dey subsidise who.

Bros, two to three years from now, you'l be glad this decision was made but wont find me to thank for telling you this. Put a reminder to this date. Nobody ever imagined that one day, Nigerians will buy sim cards for a miserly hundred naira.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by KotonMboba(m): 1:38am On May 13, 2016
doveda:
Some Most Nigerians should have their right to vote revoked.

If twil bake your bread, come collect the vote and add to yours.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2016
doveda:
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Those who are complaining about Buhari are basically. Those who expected Buhari to just wave a wand and make everything better. Those people are the ones I call mor.ons. I am not saying Buhari was the wrong choice. I still think he is what we needed.

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 13, 2016
HurtgenForest:
Seun, Lalasticlala & Dominique.

Which one be Dominique Again lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 7:41pm On May 20, 2016
doveda:

through a 45 pages
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
doveda:

I agree with you

I can't follow a leader blindly, not even an outdated and old fashioned man
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by doveda: 1:12pm On May 27, 2016
We are still not talking about the thing.

I hope you have the same hate you have for Buhari for your father because the last time I checked old age is not synonymous to lack of leadership skill or wisdom.

kazyhm:

I agree with you

I can't follow a leader blindly, not even an outdated and old fashioned man
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Integrity If He Approves Fuel Price Hike - Ahmed Maiwada by kazyhm(m): 8:45pm On May 27, 2016
doveda:
We are still not talking about the thing.

I hope you have the same hate you have for Buhari for your father because the last time I checked old age is not synonymous to lack of leadership skill or wisdom.

I'm only replying this because I don't like to ignore people
Nigeria is my business and I so much want a better country

even though I'm not against him, just because a president is just a figure head in Nigeria, the cabals are there dictating what and what should not be

His appointments has shown how old fashioned he is
the policies he agrees to sign need no further clarification about his outdatedness

please can you explain how the FX policy has improve Nigeria economy to start with ?

and again his bilateral agreement with China about the direct purchase of yen ?

the earlier "WE" the youth of this country wake up to our task, the better for us

..........then, if you think a better country is a destination, that imply.............and I can't help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Pictured With Dapo Abiodun, Ogun Governor-Elect / Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. / Don't Link Pantami To Yakowa's Death - Reverend Hayab, Ex-Governor's Aide Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.