Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price (55692 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Nigerians... Reject The Cabal! / Why Nigerians Reject 9.61 Trillion Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by tsephanyah(f): 3:27pm On May 12, 2016
Sometimes i don't believe in karma....... People are really unpredictable
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by mohaMADbuari: 3:27pm On May 12, 2016
kennes10:
U re pathetic. Lyk ur lyf wil b beta cos u re supporting d Govt. Grow up nd Stp mekin a mockery of urself all in d name of gathering likes on social media platform... how is ur lyf in d real world

I can bet my hairy armpit....

That internet troll omenka still drag bed space with his younger sisters
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by harjyboolar: 3:28pm On May 12, 2016
REJECTED
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ezebunafo(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2016
Nice one bro
ITbomb:
The increase should stay. I'm with the dullardd in this one

We have had enough of the cabal, we are already buying it at 180 and 200 and things have already increased.

We should be talking about the palliative especially salary increase for workers
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by kayalcomp: 3:29pm On May 12, 2016
Govt Should just increase state allocation, and minimum wage.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by NonFarmPayrol: 3:29pm On May 12, 2016
another popaganda straight from aishas stable
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by lokonzo78: 3:30pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
cry GOD why did you send a plague(boooohari) to come destroy us ?
You don't know anything. Is deregulation not better than currency devaluation? The truth is one of the two must happen for this country to survive the crash in price of crude oil. A lot of manufacturing companies are using diesel for manufacturing which had been deregulated since Obasanjo era, hence its only cost of distribution which can still be managed that will increase. Meanwhile devaluation of Naira will affect all sphere of our economic in a very devastating way. Please let's wise up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 12, 2016
hehehehe,we all know NLC an how it works,the come out they protest,the government call the leaders to a round table,writes them a fat check,and then they come and tell us they have reached a consensus, same way they betrayed Nigerians and agreed to #85 as against #65 pump price, they are all after their belly,yeye betrayers
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by DesChyko: 3:32pm On May 12, 2016
I'm against any move against deregulation. Let it be done once and for all. If these misfits that are now advocating for it had been sensible enough four years ago, we won't be in this position that we are now. It's this politics of hate that is our main enemy in governance.

It may have been accommodating to understand why they moved against it in 2012 because we were buying fuel @ #65. Now, we're even buying at more than #145, so let them go ahead.

Meanwhile, those political figures that repelled this gesture years ago, but are now celebrating it, shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by bejeria101(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2016
So its the new pump price dat wld secure the minimum wage? Naija who do una like dis biko
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Lucky77: 3:34pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

How I wish those who don't know can be informed.

we just need to get it right once and for all. (Telecom sector is a living example)

But will unnecessary politicization allow it?

The mentality is .. if don't allow me have my way, you too will not - even if it is the right way.

May the lord have mercy
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Lanre01(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2016
cheesy
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Saao(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2016
which Nigerians? why are u yoruba supporting anything? even sen shehu sani, and so many hausas kick and burnt houses cuz of it but yoruba people support cuz of vp mere commissionee. we in middle belt kick against it. how many increment in one year. did buhari want to kill us?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by pchukwudi: 3:36pm On May 12, 2016
divinehand2003:
Push For increment in minimum wage is the right path to take at this juncture.
Deregulation of the downstream oil sector is a good decision and welcome development.
Hope the pump price crashes at the end.

Okay, it's a good decision now (in the midst of the WORST economic situation nigeria ever had) but was bad decision 4 years ago when things were so much more better?

Yet folks like you had the guts to call GEJ clueless.

Would you ever stop, think and realize that it took PMB 4 good years to see what GEJ and PDP saw many years back?

Who bought your collective conscience?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by iswallker(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

stop all that nonsense already...do the telecom operators need to source for foreign exchange from the black market like the independent marketers will have to resort to...

only one thing can happen in the next few days...demand for dollar will skyrocket and buying will go up...dont be surprised if they buy the dollar at over 400 naira...the situation can only worsen...the only solution is to have the refineries work at 100%....
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by PMBisaterrorist(f): 3:37pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.

mynd44, seun, lalasticlala rule 15 has been blatantly broken do something
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 12, 2016
Tho i voted the ill-prepared nomad, #with labour i stand!
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by jaybee(f): 3:40pm On May 12, 2016
mbhs139:
Is is the NLC that couldn't achieve much during the time of lily liver GEJ that will face a PMB that does not give a damn? I hear you.

I think it is GEJ that does not give a damn?
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by hadura29(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2016
If the past govt had come out to give us a good reason why they wanted to remove fuel subsidy e.g deregulation, then I would have supported them way back. The most annoying thing they did was unSURE-P that they wasted our ECA on.. it's crazy..

So In this, I am in support of the removal of fuel subsidy. At least sin card was once 30000.

God bless Nigeria
God bless our leaders..
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by kanaleke(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2016
Any Nigerian who accepts this new dimension from Buhari's led Government should be seriously checked.....this very Government is a big JOKE!!!
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by derecho(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2016
There's no need to worry,especially when I saw this:

"In a current affairs radio programme, "Day Break show on Rocky City FM" monitored in Abeokuta, on Thursday, about 80% of the callers rejected the agitation by the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) to protest against removal of the subsidy, while 20 % said they were ready to join the protest."

Though many are not commenting,they sure know 90% of Nigeria don't want it now.No matter what it is said to achieve.60% do not know what the jargon deregulation mean so cant support it. 40% of those in support are just supporting it because it's coming from PMB.
Summary,everyone is entitled to their opinion.Methink,there should be some buffer in place before all this.NLC has a right to protest at least as this also affect its members.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by pchukwudi: 3:45pm On May 12, 2016
Deen77:

Asking o, we're do you want Buhari to get the money to pay subsidies when you hero and PDP decide to keep importing fuel instead of building a refinery for 16 year's.

My friend oil boom is over, wake-up.

That picture you are spreading on your signature is a HOT lie and you know it.

For example:

Why did you remove the growth rate from 2007 to 2009?

Why did you peg oil price on $100 from 2009 to 2015?

Does it mean that oil was selling at $100 per barrel when your god
PMB took over in May 2015?

Why did you use one oil price for OBJ's 8 years term?

Are you really this dumb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by divinehand2003(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2016
pchukwudi:

Okay, it's a good decision now (in the midst of the WORST economic situation nigeria ever had) but was bad decision 4 years ago when things were so much more better?

Yet folks like you had the guts to call GEJ clueless.

Would you ever stop, think and realize that it took PMB 4 good years to see what GEJ and PDP saw many years back?
Who bought your collective conscience?

GEJ was clueless and I repeat CLUELESS. During his administration, Nigerians were starving in the midst of plenty. All our common wealth was lost to high levels of corruption. STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION was his favorite statement.
At the moment we are starving in the midst of famine. Our major export, crude oil, isn't yielding much right now. There's little or nothing this present administration can do in the short term to turn the situation around. Buhari isn't a magician.
We live in hope for things to change indeed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Sunmansco2000: 3:48pm On May 12, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing rejection, Nigerians are now doing well grin

If not that EFCC is already dealing with them as expected, they would have started funding protests - here and there.
bless you bro
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by WaZoBiaLander: 3:49pm On May 12, 2016
Destined2win:
I dislike hypocritical attitude

Guy, u no dislike am pass me. I dislike it more when old people who should have shame for themselves publicly display such hypocritical attitude without shame or even remorse. To criticise or condemn is human but to do differently is beginning to seem divine
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by redcliff: 3:50pm On May 12, 2016
Bigprozzie:
IPOB people will commit suicide

grin grin grin

95% of us are with Sai baba

Ipob go and die

E be like say that ipob una dey talk dey sweet una to talk without any reason at all..
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by uruego(f): 3:50pm On May 12, 2016
Read ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's acceptance speech at Eagle Square in Abuja December 2014 below:
“The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple. It is a choice between going forward and backward, between the new ways and old ways, between freedom and repression, between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms and desperate power seekers with empty promises. Our Political Opponents (Muhammadu Buhari and All Progressives Congress) shall assail us with the fury of their desperation to win power.
They will use every means, intimidation, false accusations, hostile media and more. Do not descend to their level. We must stay focused on the mission at hand to secure Nigerian future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by MrAboki: 3:51pm On May 12, 2016
kennes10:
U re pathetic. Lyk ur lyf wil b beta cos u re supporting d Govt. Grow up nd Stp mekin a mockery of urself all in d name of gathering likes on social media platform... how is ur lyf in d real world

With Love from Omenka

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Bigprozzie: 3:51pm On May 12, 2016
redcliff:

E be like say that ipob una dey talk dey sweet una to talk without any reason at all..

No its because Chukwu Alabama has to reset the brains of Igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ogmask: 3:51pm On May 12, 2016
modath:

2. Show us all the positive impact of the SURE-P, 2012 partial removal of subsidy made in the lives of Nigerians , from 65-97..(or we have all forgotten all the promises of "palliatives" that didnt see the light of day and only made some cronies richer?)

I have asked this same question a thousand times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by fiizznation: 3:54pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.
This comment kind of cracked me up. What a hilarious comment. I believe even buhari will laugh his 32 teeth off if he can possibly come across this comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Rinato(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
sexymonkey:
After graduating, na village straight. #farmingthings
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd At Buruji Kashamu's Burial In His Ijebu Igbo Home, Ogun State / See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.