Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price (55691 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Nigerians... Reject The Cabal! / Why Nigerians Reject 9.61 Trillion Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by pchukwudi: 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
;
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by invectives(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
phlemzy:
They will equally increase the prices of their products/services.
what of the jobless what they gonna do?
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by sexymonkey(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
Burger01:
Bye bye oh. Say hello to iya agba cheesy
as a physicist that is not on first class; innovation is my best route. And do you know how much cashew is sold per bag? those guys in my village are making it big, just wish me well.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by totorimi: 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
In the land of the zombies they subject them to untold hardship only to increase fuel pump price at the end and all the zombies are clapping and hailing the terror man who is busy training his children abroad and himself junketing all over the place.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by NATIONALPASTOR: 3:56pm On May 12, 2016
@op, please this thread is misleading. The caption should " YORUBAS OPPOSED TO NLC STAND ON FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by mikolo80: 3:57pm On May 12, 2016
modath:

That's the way forward...... People have been buying at exorbitant rate, the wages should rise and meet it....

Only way out of the quagmire is local refining capacity, every other thing is band aid on a festering wound!!!!

P.S===== All you crazies whose life ambition is to jump in my mentions for no good reason but to bellyache over my opinions,

1.I do not owe anyone any explanation or right to question my God and civil rights approved opinions, if you want to occupy anywhere, safe journey...

2. Show us all the positive impact of the SURE-P, 2012 partial removal of subsidy made in the lives of Nigerians , from 65-97..(or we have all forgotten all the promises of "palliatives" that didnt see the light of day and only made some cronies richer?)

you de mind dem.they just like to complain for complaint sake.they be pretending like bread wasn't 6ok in our lifetime and yet now that its 60naira we are still surviving.
korea currency is 1000 to 1 dollar yet the samsung economy is stronger than nigeria and they only have 200,000 employees

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Legitbaba(m): 3:57pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.

So na so u. Mumu reach
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by MrAboki: 3:59pm On May 12, 2016
pchukwudi:
[s][/s]

Seun, mynd44, lalasticlala, ishilove. Does this omenka of guy have a monopoly on foul language and tribal abuses?

Is he kind of licensed to rain insults like a short gun on everyone?

Is it possible that omenka is immune to at least 1 year ban on NL?

We are watching o. grin grin

You can't allow him to keeo sowing seeds of hatred and yet be able to shield him from reaping the harvest of real time sorrows.

Thanks for quoting OMENKA..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by godwin120alex: 3:59pm On May 12, 2016
Bunch of jokers how can d civil servants agitate for an increment when most state governors are owing more than 6 months.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by skedobo(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2016
Thanks so much for the history about the emergence of the telecoms sector and how its deregulation has yielded many benefits today. remember back then, we had nothing but an ill-managed Nitel before the entry of other multinational companies. I dont think the oil downstream sector can clearly simulate the behaviour of the telecoms market. For instance, Dangote cement has monopoly of the cement market, it costs 4 times less the amount to produce a bag of cement yet its sold at exhorbitant prices. Dangote controls the market and drives govt policies concerning cement to his favour. The same will be done by the oil cabal, they will frustrate the efforts of new players and as a result determine and control the price to the retailers. Of course, you would argue that more refineries will be built.... But again dangote beat everyone to it with his mega refinery and just as he is doing with cement, pasta, sugar, tomato etc will continue to ensure that he has the monopoly of market
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omenka(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2016
pchukwudi:
[s][/s]

Seun, mynd44, lalasticlala, ishilove. Does this omenka of guy have a monopoly on foul language and tribal abuses?

You can't allow him to keeo sowing seeds of hatred and yet be able to shield him from reaping the harvest of real time sorrows.
Stop obsessing over me kiddo. I didn't mention a name in there but if your conscience tells you you are being referred to, so be it.

Imagine who's talking about people "spreading hate". You lot are veeeeeeeery amusing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Lukandah00001(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Okeycima: 4:00pm On May 12, 2016
So the media now uses a sample size ☀̤̣̈̇f one state †̥♥ generalized the wishes and wants ☀̤̣̈̇f other 36 states ☀̤̣̈̇f federation.CHIE! Lack ☀̤̣̈̇f professionalism is killing Nigeria

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by loomer: 4:03pm On May 12, 2016
chikel2000:
Everybody is crazy, oh so if salaries r increased wot abt d man who has a shop or the one who farms?. Hypocrisy is too bad

God bless you,

so make the aboki wey dey manage to sell 3packs of biscuits and pure water also buy fuel for 145 or make iya basira wey dey manage 3 derica of rice also buy fuel at that price?

God punish all of una wey support increase in fuel without considering others
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omenka(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2016
fiizznation:
This comment kind of cracked me up. What a hilarious comment. I believe even buhari will laugh his 32 teeth off if he can possibly come across this comment
iPad yoots say you are me. gringrin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by skedobo(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2016
[I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to com]

Thanks so much for the history about the emergence of the telecoms sector and how its deregulation has yielded many benefits today. remember back then, we had nothing but an ill-managed Nitel before the entry of other multinational companies. I dont think the oil downstream sector can clearly simulate the behaviour of the telecoms market. For instance, Dangote cement has monopoly of the cement market, it costs 4 times less the amount to produce a bag of cement yet its sold at exhorbitant prices. Dangote controls the market and drives govt policies concerning cement to his favour. The same will be done by the oil cabal, they will frustrate the efforts of new players and as a result determine and control the price to the retailers. Of course, you would argue that more refineries will be built.... But again dangote beat everyone to it with his mega refinery and just as he is doing with cement, pasta, sugar, tomato etc will continue to ensure that he has the monopoly of market
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by LydayBobo(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

May the good Lord bless you silly. People like you should be the first comment not some toddlers. That was a valid example have be telling people. They will soon extend it PHCN

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Almajiri1: 4:08pm On May 12, 2016
pchukwudi:
[s][/s]

Even when comments are not directed to the chronic one the mods will still link it to him and ban people.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Okeycima: 4:09pm On May 12, 2016
Even on the increments,how many states are willing †̥♥ pay without borrowing,is this one we are hearing bailout funds and reduction ☀̤̣̈̇f civil servants salaries from the 18000 example Imo state government.instead ☀̤̣̈̇f them †̥♥ muscle the state leaders †̥♥ find a way to force the state †̥♥ pay the already owed money they are here talking Nonsense .misplace priorities is the problem ☀̤̣̈̇f Nigerian labour congress
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by menxer: 4:09pm On May 12, 2016
playtheblues:
When the official price is N145 it is only NNPC, Total and few other stations that will sell it at that rate.

Other stations will sell for more than N220.

Don't say that I didn't warn you.

Try and update on the issue.

<= 145 for independent marketers
<= 135 for NNPC
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by kaball32: 4:10pm On May 12, 2016
Yes am wit dem we should buy for 145 in one some marketers would for 100
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by hobat4cash(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2016
ordinarily I wouldn't reply to the topic of this thread but when something affects me directly I would be forced to give my view, even though the majority will eventually have their way. I have never been against deregulation, I strongly supported it when the previous regime wanted to implement it, but my grouse with this particular one is the timing. Nigerians have had it very rough this past months hence, doing this now seems to me like callousness on the part of government. I announce to us all that Nigerians are really suffering, we all know that the price of most goods in this country is dependent on the pump price of PMS, hence, any increment in the price of PMS is a direct increment of cost of transportation. E.g is the more than 100% increment on food prices, it is too bad. Even cost of intra town transportation has increased by 50% . All this with minimum wage still as it was, even if government increases workers wages, how about the millions of unemployed roaming the streets?.
These are some of the things that lead to high crime rate in any society.
Government should have waited for the right time, one may ask when is the right time? my answer would be when unemployment has been brought down reasonably, because adding hardship to unemployment is a recipe for social disaster.
Another problem I have is the hypocrisy in which this has been greeted. Why was the previous regime fought for the same thing this present regime is being praised for? Or is that those who would have spoken against it have been kept very busy by the EFCC? how about the so called non governmental groups, where are they? or is this is a clear case of 'what is sauce for the goose is poison for the gander'?.
To those of us who are fortunate to be gainfully employed supporting this move now, please spare a thought for your jobless brothers and sisters and those who are grossly underemployed.
Since this regime came on board all their policies have been geared towards making more money for the government but none so far to ameliorate the suffering of Nigerians. I am not saying that it is bad for government to make more money, but doing so at the expense of already impoverished Nigerians is not only callous but wicked. Please let's do things like people with conscience because it only beasts that don't have conscience. I rest my case.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by playtheblues(f): 4:11pm On May 12, 2016
Is that the issue?

menxer:

Try and update on the issue.

<= 145 for independent marketers
<= 135 for NNPC
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Rememberfa4: 4:15pm On May 12, 2016
Only God can save this country. We are still in Nigeria. Whether PDP or APC, Nigerians are still Nigerians. Jesus , come and intervene in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by shearer1982(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2016
Destined2win:
I dislike hypocritical attitude

The reason why people go against it in GEJ administration was that most of us don't trust is government then, but the subsidy removal is the way to go just that he removal did not come in the right timing, we all will still reap the benefit later. What NLC should try N do now is to fight for increment in minimum wage.!
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Phemostiga(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
cry GOD why did you send a plague(boooohari) to come destroy us ?
let pray to God to send us moses to deliver us from the hands of pharao(buhari)...buhari let my people go so that they will serve me
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Rinato(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
divinehand2003:
A Push For increment in minimum wage is the right path to take at this juncture.
Deregulation of the downstream oil sector is a good decision and welcome development.
Hope the pump price crashes at the end.
I beg to disagree. The current minimum wage has been owed for months now. I believe many CSs ll be happy to get alert for it. So to say an increment is the right thing when the usual wage has not been paid is a little diverted.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by MrAboki: 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
hobat4cash:
ordinarily I wouldn't reply to the topic of this thread but when something affects me directly I would be forced to give my view, even though the majority will eventually have their way. I have never been against deregulation, I strongly supported it when the previous regime wanted to implement it, but my grouse with this particular one is the timing. Nigerians have had it very rough this past months hence, doing this now seems to me like callousness on the part of government. I announce to us all that Nigerians are really suffering, we all know that the price of most goods in this country is dependent on the pump price of PMS, hence, any increment in the price of PMS is a direct increment of cost of transportation. E.g is the more than 100% increment on food prices, it is too bad. Even cost of intra town transportation has increased by 50% . All this with minimum wage still as it was, even if government increases workers wages, how about the millions of unemployed roaming the streets?.
These are some of the things that lead to high crime rate in any society.
Government should have waited for the right time, one may ask when is the right time? my answer would be when unemployment has been brought down reasonably, because adding hardship to unemployment is a recipe for social disaster.
Another problem I have is the hypocrisy in which this has been greeted. Why was the previous regime fought for the same thing this present regime is being praised for? Or is that those who would have spoken against it have been kept very busy by the EFCC? how about the so called non governmental groups, where are they? or is this is a clear case of 'what is sauce for the goose is poison for the gander'?.
To those of us who are fortunate to be gainfully employed supporting this move now, please spare a thought for your jobless brothers and sisters and those who are grossly underemployed.
Since this regime came on board all their policies have been geared towards making more money for the government but none so far to ameliorate the suffering of Nigerians. I am not saying that it is bad for government to make more money, but doing so at the expense of already impoverished Nigerians is not only callous but wicked. Please let's do things like people with conscience because it only beasts that don't have conscience. I rest my case.

There is no such thing as the perfect time to remove subsidy..

The last administration tried removing it on the 1st of January 2012. People said it was too much shock to start the year with.

The truth is I never supported the Occupy Nigeria movement. Infact, I was onboard with GEJ then and I am onboard with President Buhari today.

Subsidy on everything must stop in Nigeria.

Let Nigerians know the full price of everything they buy. That way, we can all fully appreciate the extent of decay in our society.

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by modath(f): 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
ogmask:

I have asked this same question a thousand times.

They always pretend like we all have amnesia!

I'm not enjoying this but i'd rather have better healthcare, good roads, higher wages than for one rich big belle govt crony to dey use us make cheap income....

Na to dey use smaller more fuel efficient cars and nix unnecessary waka....

Nigerians are mostly ignorant, we extract to sell, we buy at international rate like all other countries!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by MrAboki: 4:20pm On May 12, 2016
Lukandah00001:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3706974_20160508121342_jpeg3bf04ce014fb887ae03da1f9c6bdfdf8

Mr. Omenka says you should improve on your personnal hygiene, cut your finger nails and whilst you are at it;

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd At Buruji Kashamu's Burial In His Ijebu Igbo Home, Ogun State / See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.