Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? (1286 Views)

Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please / See What Was Done To A Baby In The Name Of Tribal Marks(pics) / Omfg,naijjas,tell Me The Truth About Kenyans!! I Had No Idea..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2016
I see this poor child abandoned and its all over the internet. How could any do that to an innocent child? This witchcraft labeling has gone too far. I can't get it out of my mind, what tribe in area is Nigeria, did this to this poor baby? Tell me. I want to know if Yorubas did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM_EEUQs2Ug
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by froshhomie(m): 3:15pm On May 12, 2016
WTF
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2016
Where in Nigeria did this happen? The world paints Nigeria with one big paint brush. That's a lie, Nigeria has different lands and cultures. I want to know did this evil happen in Yorubaland?
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by Gmajor(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2016
This happened in Akwa-ibom not yoruba land
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by ycat: 3:36pm On May 12, 2016
So what has a woman working in biafra to save your abandoned children to do with Yoruba?

Yoruba is now the cause of global warming!

It must be Yoruba fault that you neglected this kids and still our fault that a white woman left the comfort her home country to come and take care of your responsibility for you, ya?
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by ycat: 3:37pm On May 12, 2016
ycat:
So what has a woman working in biafra to save your abandoned children to do with Yoruba?

It must be Yoruba fault that you neglected this kids and still our fault that a white woman left the comfort her home country to come and take care of your responsibility for you, ya?
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
ycat:

I just wanted to prevent anyone from attaching this to Yorubaland because people are blanketing Nigeria. Nigerian culture is not Yoruba culture. Nigeria is a big o mess. Yorubaland is ruled in a way more progressive manner. And now I know where this sickness is coming from so I can prayer against such evils that are destroying Africans. Apathy.
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
it happened in igboland of Akwa Ibom why do ipod youth op always want to tanish yoruba's good name

1 Like

Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
We should never put the infrastructure of the state before the health and welfare of our babies.
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
it happened in igboland of Akwa Ibom why do ipod youth op always want to tanish yoruba's good name

Jealousy.

I am out to protect the civilization of Oyo from being tarnished. Oduduwa's children don't behave like this towards infants.
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by ycat: 5:19pm On May 12, 2016
Oh ok. I didn't read the story or watch the video, I thought some people were trying to blame it on Yoruba as with everything that's wrong in Nigeria.

Btw, the topic doesn't do justice to the thread, for people with quick view, it will look like Yoruba have something to do with the condition of the children.
KingSango:

I just wanted to prevent anyone from attaching this to Yorubaland because people are blanketing Nigeria. Nigerian culture is not Yoruba culture. Nigeria is a big o mess. Yorubaland is ruled in a way more progressive manner. And now I know where this sickness is coming from so I can prayer against such evils that are destroying Africans. Apathy.

1 Like

Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 10:04pm On May 12, 2016
ycat:
Oh ok. I didn't read the story or watch the video, I thought some people were trying to blame it on Yoruba as with everything that's wrong in Nigeria.

Btw, the topic doesn't do justice to the thread, for people with quick view, it will look like Yoruba have something to do with the condition of the children.

I changed the title so as not to offend but I noticed no one would've given an answer otherwise as not to offend the guilty. I don't like this whole idea of Yorubaland being always stuffed in with Nigeria. Nigeria is an array of cultures and different lands and rulers. People in the U.S don't understand that but Nigerians are being brainwashed with colonialism. The Roman state, that is the preferred political structure of the British, modeled after Rome is inferior to the political structure of the ancestors. All this things happening, corruption and such, wouldn't be happening if Oyo Empire controlled the land. Even Igbo land would be better ran as this is where this poor baby was abandoned and cursed into near death. I know no Yoruba woman could see that child going into the streets without a mother and just keep going. This is Igbos doing this. They have a much different belief than Yorubas. Yorubas should stick to their traditions and respect Baba Sango because Oba Sango makes sure Yorubaland is progressive and there's an effort to stop these types of atrocities from happening in Oyo state. But the people who blow up the market in Oyo I pray they are caught and punished.
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by Wulfruna(f): 7:25am On May 13, 2016
KingSango:

I changed the title so as not to offend but I noticed no one would've given an answer otherwise as not to offend the guilty. I don't like this whole idea of Yorubaland being always stuffed in with Nigeria. Nigeria is an array of cultures and different lands and rulers. People in the U.S don't understand that but Nigerians are being brainwashed with colonialism. The Roman state, that is the preferred political structure of the British, modeled after Rome is inferior to the political structure of the ancestors. All this things happening, corruption and such, wouldn't be happening if Oyo Empire controlled the land. Even Igbo land would be better ran as this is where this poor baby was abandoned and cursed into near death. I know no Yoruba woman could see that child going into the streets without a mother and just keep going. This is Igbos doing this. They have a much different belief than Yorubas. Yorubas should stick to their traditions and respect Baba Sango because Oba Sango makes sure Yorubaland is progressive and there's an effort to stop these types of atrocities from happening in Oyo state. But the people who blow up the market in Oyo I pray they are caught and punished.

I know you are not Nigerian, and as such do not know much about Nigeria's ethnic diversity. So your error in the bolded statements is forgivable. Also I see one mischief maker has already (mis)informed you that this happened in 'Igboland of Akwa Ibom'.

Akwa Ibom, where this happened, is NOT Igboland. Akwa Ibom lies to the east of Igboland. The ethnic groups in Akwa Ibom are Ibibio, Oron, Annang (sometimes collectively named Ibibioid groups - after the largest ethnic group there).

Again, this child was NOT abandoned in Igboland. Akwa Ibom is not in Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by Peritus(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2016
When the story is negative, all the 11 states in the South-south and South-east become Igboland, But once the story portends positivity, Igboland returns to 5 states. I can see all ya efforts in vilifying the Igbos, I just pray that this uncommon obsession don't lead to dementia.
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by PenSniper: 12:26pm On May 14, 2016
Someone needs to see a psychiatric for this senseless . . .
Re: Please tell me where this cruelty to a baby occurred in Nigeria? by KingSango(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2016
Wulfruna:

I know you are not Nigerian, and as such do not know much about Nigeria's ethnic diversity. So your error in the bolded statements is forgivable. Also I see one mischief maker has already (mis)informed you that this happened in 'Igboland of Akwa Ibom'.

Akwa Ibom, where this happened, is NOT Igboland. Akwa Ibom lies to the east of Igboland. The ethnic groups in Akwa Ibom are Ibibio, Oron, Annang (sometimes collectively named Ibibioid groups - after the largest ethnic group there).

Again, this child was NOT abandoned in Igboland. Akwa Ibom is not in Igboland.

Negative media of Africa concerns all Africans worldwide as Africa is the origin of the African race. Failure for any African to see that fact is a lack of proper education. Nigeria as I've stated is a mess, a bunch of ethnic groups clammed together in a Roman state. This is a serious injustice to them because some of the ethnic groups aren't as sophisticated as some. Because Africa allows freedom of culture there are cultures that are very backwards being portrayed in the U.S media as representative of the whole of Nigeria. You can't see how this story damages all the hardworking, sophisticated ethnic groups in Africa who strive to better the life of the subjects? This is being showed to us in America to make us look down upon Africa. Do you understand this?

(1) (Reply)

Rare Pre-independence Photo Of Olowo Of Owo During A Photoshoot. / Lessons From Haiti For True Yoruba Liberation / This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.