Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! (14640 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / List your Auto Mechanic Workshop and Your Services here (mymoto.com.ng) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by billy187(m): 1:08pm On May 13, 2016
kunle75:

I feel your pain bro,

But my own experience was opposite, i read about a man called GAZZUZ here on nairaland and visited him last week Thursday and have my new tokunbo rav4 2002 inspected and my experience from calling him phone and visiting his workshop has been very pleasant and worthy of every kobo i spent at his place .

what surprises me most was that at a point he even ask one of his boys to take me to ATM along college road ifako to withdraw money without asking for a penny.

i am not running advert for this guys but when people do anything good let us appreciate them.

i am still going to visit his shop tomorrow 14/05/2016 to have my catalyst converter replaced,which i have paid ahead for.

you can look out for him and call him up maybe he can be of help,i just wish we have people like him around when car issues arises.

The guy seems honest and open to me too.

On a lighter, (rather derailing) note, the color of your rav4 is AWESOME. Any idea of the name or code of color used?
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks guys for all your input and suggestions, I can't begin to mention all your names.

For the records, I NEVER argued with sooperrescue all the period my car was at his workshop, cos I swallowed all his words hook-line-and-sinker as that of a professional. I NEVER rushed him to complete my work; yes I needed my car urgently, but I looked for alternatives; he's the one that kept giving me different dates and not meeting any of them. I was totally fed up with all the excuses he was giving and the extremely ridiculous invoice which he couldn't defend. I raised my voice at him (yes I gave him hell) on Monday when I insisted that the invoice must be justified, and my car wasn't going to spend an extra day at his workshop.

It's amazing reading his comments about my car, did he have to stoop so low? All what he wrote here to ridicule my car are all LIES. Yes, my car isn't brand new, but it's nothing compared to how sooperrescue describes it (we're not here for a dick measuring contest, so I'll let it slide). I can boast of my car maintenance. Due to the nature of my job, I cannot afford to be stranded (with my expensive film making equipment) in a thick village, by the highway of an unfamiliar state, or stranded anywhere in Lagos at 3am after a late night shoot. This is the reason I ensure my car is always at it's best at all times. The only issue I've had with my car is this same transmission issue; It doesn't bother me on the highway, but driving within the city isn't fun; I wanted to put an end to it, but ended up with this experience.

Thank you all for your concern, suggestions and advice.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by colossus2: 1:46pm On May 13, 2016
You don fvck up angry
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Kashif(m): 2:31pm On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
Everyone has written what is on their mind and I appreciate all of you. The switches that connects the gear inside the engine has Sev :oen wires all leading to the engine is the can network which was not communicating. His gear selector on the dashboard shows only reverse. That was rectified. ......

Please stop trying to defend your diagnosis and repairs. They are pale. I am really unpleasantly surprised at what you wrote above. The main reason for bringing the vehicle to you was the transmission, which ended up not being fixed. It is looking like an easy fix (to me). There is no such connector you mentioned in that transmission. The owner's madness at you is legitimate. You should not have allowed it get to this point.

@CNARIOjoseph, it is okay, just take your car to a competent hand. Your transmission is not looking like it has internal problem.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 4:55pm On May 13, 2016
Wow, short of words.

Thank you for sharing Themadame.

XX01:
The mod can keep deleting my posts on the bad service i received from Gazzuz but leave the good reports untouched. I would prefer to have both taken off or both retained.
When i was looking for a Nairaland mechanic to use, i saw only good reviews that was why i sent my car to him. If i had seen that sometimes, he does shitty work then i would have weighed my options more evenly. The mod should know that they are doing users a big disservice.
You can go ahead to hide this one but some will see and will take caution.
The mods might have deleted it cos its offtopic. Start a fresh thread and narrate your experience with Gazzuz. I'm sure no one would delete or ban you if you do. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2016
Chei, for hyundai matter. I will Apologise to Emeka My Eminent and esteemed client. I did not scam you and i will never do that. Maybe you were used to kazeem but my labour charge is moderate and like you stated, i am old with grey hair but Fashola is older than me and his grey hair is not for old age. Cnairo, i am sorry but i wont ask for you to bring the car back. Let an electrician make your car work without improvised relays and your fuse box to be controlling your car electronics. Then you will enjoy the car. All the gurus, thanks for your time. I appreciate all of you. One free octane booster. Merci a tous
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2016
XX01:

I have no problem if they delete it because it is offtopic, why don't they delete the others that are praising him to the highest heaven. I hardly visit the auto or car talk section so i was easily beguiled by all the wonderful testimonies. I hardly post on Nairaland except i have an issue because i don't like trouble. The guy was all so nice to me not knowing he was digging a knife deep into my back.
When i took my car to Honda Place, i could not believe what they said they had to fix. I was ready to fight them because i believed so much that he had done his work. My thoughts were that my driver had damaged something. Only for them to bill me for everything he said he had fixed and more.
I now know better than to believe all these "fantastic" ways people hype themselves online. Make i go search for PTA. Thread unfollowed.
Madam, dont believe what you are told at the dealerships. They are not reliable . I once had an issue with a customer who owns a range rover 05. We towed the car from Asaba because the gear was gone. He did not tell us that he dragged the car from warri to asaba instead of carrying the car by truck. After fixing the gear abd other issues, the auxiliary was not ok and I told him that it was not included in the bill. The young man got angry and drove the car to Coscharis who checked the car and gave him a bill of 1,4m to fix the job we asked him to pay 80k extra for. In the end, he begged us to go and pick up the car from Coscharis. They demanded for 80k for diagnostics. We finally took the car and drove it to warri and the auxiliary was now ok. 1.4m to repair a car he wanted to sell for N1.5m. We are still the best no matter how aggrieved a client will be, Nissparts, Gazzuz and other high end mechs are the reason why many Nigerians will buy a car that does not have a franchised dealer in the country because they know that there are guys out there who have invested in upgrading their skills. There used to be a time when these garages will refuse to repair american specs of cars and the owners were confused. Now you can bring in any car in the world because we are here to put your most expensive mobile investment on the road at all times.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by freshvine(f): 9:58pm On May 13, 2016
A kazeem once damage my car instead of rectifying a fault I instructed him to but the drama didn't stop there. He seized me and said I must pay him to the later kobo of his workmanship not after I'd spent good amount of money for the parts he damaged in the process of damaging the car further with his quackery. Anyway, I devise a strategy to take him out of the garage for a test drive and head straight to a nearby police station and lock him up.

Two days later after undoing the damage he did by a competent mechanic I brought the bill to the station and he paid it in full. Even threatened to charge him to court for malicious damage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by freshvine(f): 10:13pm On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
Chei, for hyundai matter. I will Apologise to Emeka My Eminent and esteemed client. I did not scam you and i will never do that. Maybe you were used to kazeem but my labour charge is moderate and like you stated, i am old with grey hair but Fashola is older than me and his grey hair is not for old age. Cnairo, i am sorry but i wont ask for you to bring the car back. Let an electrician make your car work without improvised relays and your fuse box to be controlling your car electronics. Then you will enjoy the car. All the gurus, thanks for your time. I appreciate all of you. One free octane booster. Merci a tous

Sir, Apology is not enough! One thing you should understand in business is that the customer is always right and they're the reason you're in business. Create a certified customer and not a disgruntled one.

Call this guy back and help fix his car at little or NO extra cost to him. He'll come back here testifying with satisfaction.

I think I can relate to his predicament. If I take my car in for maintenance, NO auto medics dare tamper with the original specifications of the vehicle. I won't tolerate any bypass I rather buy a replacement for a faulty item. No matter how he try to convince me I'll insist on "carry come" echoed in the local parlance

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by diportivo: 10:25pm On May 13, 2016
Dem say oga no yarn beta.....say customer is always right......say oga must to tender apology

Oga say make Mekus no vex....una say e no do

Whats done is done

I still havent seen where the OP categorically stated what he wants....if he did,den i must av missed it

I await d new thread of accusing fingers being pointed at one oda oga in d house wink
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by kunle75(m): 12:23am On May 14, 2016
freshvine:

Sir, Apology is not enough! One thing you should understand in business is that the customer is always right and they're the reason you're in business. Create a certified customer and not a disgruntled one.

Call this guy back and help fix his car at little or NO extra cost to him. He'll come back here testifying with satisfaction.

I think I can relate to his predicament. If I take my car in for maintenance, NO auto medics dare tamper with the original specifications of the vehicle. I won't tolerate any bypass I rather buy a replacement for a faulty item. No matter how he try to convince me I'll insist on "carry come" echoed in the local parlance

You are my sure guy any day any time.

we share same ideology .

Thats why i mentioned in my earlier post that GAZZUZ is a rear breed among our auto medics here on NL i can testify to it,am still going to his workshop fort thing this morning 14th/05/2016
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by kunle75(m): 12:37am On May 14, 2016
billy187:
On a lighter, (rather derailing) note, the color of your rav4 is AWESOME. Any idea of the name or code of color used?

Sorry bro if its derailing why asking for color code?

on a ligther note i dont really know but one KAZEEM painter around Fasoro lane surulere baked the car.

Thanks
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nyceguy92: 3:27am On May 14, 2016
[quote author=CNARIOjoseph post=45555547]

I have read both the customer complaints and the response of the mechanic.

The salient points are that customer had car problem which mechanic was/agreed to fix.
Mechanic found other issues ( faulty wiring, broken air intake hose, clogged oil filter, etc).

Obviously, customer wouldn't have minded the cost and time spent if car drove well again after repairs.

There is this admonishment to doctors to not make a patient worse if they can't make him/her well. Same goes for every provider of services.

Transmission problems can be tricky. I have seen technicians, even doctors, consult their colleagues when they had tricky cases.

Good as the mechanic may be, it appears he did not give his best this time.

I will advise drivers to make it a hobby to research their cars and their common problems and solutions. I do this. Often, I diagnose my car problems and tell the tech what to do for me. Try it.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 5:59am On May 14, 2016
freshvine:

What do you now do to a car that the original specification has been turned inside out, the speed clock was not working and after fixing all, the client, instead of telling us to find a way to make his headlamps work factory wise, he insisted on using all the relays that were not supported by the car. The customer is always right but his being right is not justifiable. If I had scammed him or had intention of doing so, I would not have given him a replacement car that was even more recent and expensive than his car because he claimed that he will lose money if he is not mobile that night. I am supposed to be the one crying here because I was not paid for the parts that we fixed. If he was not satisfied, he was expected to return the car instead of telling me that the car is not in order, but because he knew that he did not pay for even the electrician work who charged 12k for the job, he came online to complain. Did we tell him that we changed spark plug and it was not so, or the trans and engine oils, or the prnd and the speed clock is not working? He can also acknowledge that the car without a good engine seat was no longer vibrating and yet he claimed that it was worse. I drove the car home with practically no fuel because I thought that the guage was faulty and it did not stop on the way, it was when he wanted to leave that he called me and told me that the fuel gauge is working and there was no fuel, we gave him four litres of fuel to enable him drive to the petrol station and buy fuel.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by colossus2: 6:13am On May 14, 2016
sooperrescue:

I would not have given him a replacement car that was even more recent and expensive than his car because he claimed that he will lose money if he is not mobile that night. I am supposed to be the one crying here because I was not paid for the parts that we fixed.
Receive sense undecided
Cnairo you are effing up big time angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2016
sooperrescue:

What do you now do to a car that the original specification has been turned inside out, the speed clock was not working and after fixing all, the client, instead of telling us to find a way to make his headlamps work factory wise, he insisted on using all the relays that were not supported by the car. The customer is always right but his being right is not justifiable. If I had scammed him or had intention of doing so, I would not have given him a replacement car that was even more recent and expensive than his car because he claimed that he will lose money if he is not mobile that night. I am supposed to be the one crying here because I was not paid for the parts that we fixed. If he was not satisfied, he was expected to return the car instead of telling me that the car is not in order, but because he knew that he did not pay for even the electrician work who charged 12k for the job, he came online to complain. Did we tell him that we changed spark plug and it was not so, or the trans and engine oils, or the prnd and the speed clock is not working? He can also acknowledge that the car without a good engine seat was no longer vibrating and yet he claimed that it was worse. I drove the car home with practically no fuel because I thought that the guage was faulty and it did not stop on the way, it was when he wanted to leave that he called me and told me that the fuel gauge is working and there was no fuel, we gave him four litres of fuel to enable him drive to the petrol station and buy fuel.

I can see you're a chronic idiot! What the fuq are you talking about headlights and speed clock, was that what I brought the car to you for? I brought the car for you to fix my transmission and you started fiddling with my electricals and ignored the real reason I brought the car to you.

You are really an incurable confusionist. You came here to lie about the work you did on my transmission and the gurus in the house found you out and exposed your lies, now your next best tactics is to diss my ride and talk about electronics. You really need to receive sense.
@colossus2 I know what you want me to do, but I wonder if this guy is worth all that effort. Sometimes it's better to just let things slide. At least he has come here to show the world how foolish he really is.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by kaylechy(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2016
sooperrescue:
When I said my boys will collect the money from him, i meant that when he buys a better car, one of my boys might in the future become his mechanic and they will collect that money. It is glad to know that you are a heart reader to know which one is evil or good. If the gear is bad, how come the car can get to 100 kms with the rpm on 3000? My auto business is in safe hands and i have thousands of nairalanders whom i have not met that i have been doing business with. And they are reading this topic and wondering if emeka is on oshogbo weed.

You r talking nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by mastro: 8:32am On May 14, 2016
hmm so let me get this straight,

Customer takes car to mecho, Mecho works on car, charges customer money, car isn't fixed.

Mecho then proceeds t say it's not his fault that car isn't fixed.

I would laugh if it wasn't exactly the problem with most of our mechanics, sooperrescue or whatever you call yourself, by taking the customers money you have a responsibility to deliver a service in this case a fixed car. Ths you haven't done that's the long and short of it.

Based on above I wouldn't give sooperrescue my bicycle to fix, and would advise that everyone on Nairaland steer clear of him.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by tunergy(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2016
Siena:

You're obviously not reading, or you're skpping some parts of the thread starter's write-up.

He stated clearly the car is a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe. This is in paragraph 6, how did you miss that?

He only came to Comment.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 1:19pm On May 14, 2016
mastro:
hmm so let me get this straight,
Customer takes car to mecho, Mecho works on car, charges customer money, car isn't fixed.
Mecho then proceeds t say it's not his fault that car isn't fixed.
I would laugh if it wasn't exactly the problem with most of our mechanics, sooperrescue or whatever you call yourself, by taking the customers money you have a responsibility to deliver a service in this case a fixed car. Ths you haven't done that's the long and short of it.
Based on above I wouldn't give sooperrescue my bicycle to fix, and would advise that everyone on Nairaland steer clear of him.
obviously you did not read well. On handing over the car to him, he discovered that his headlamps are not working well and made the electrician to reverse almost all the job already done because his headlamp is powered by relays and the car fuse box has been bypassed. Unless he has not agreed to be truthful, let him deny that. Cnairo, you can make yourself look stupid by your insults but let a good electrician restore your electronic to its original state. If a speedclock is not working, can gears select? Mr adviser, keep your advice to yourself. I know my works and i know that my God always accept my being. I have nothing more to say. I am unfollowing you all. Thanks
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 14, 2016
sooperrescue:

I am supposed to be the one crying here because I was not paid for the parts that we fixed.

@Sooperrescue - You can cry all you want but you fvcked up big time. If not that Siena has a vast amount of knowledge than you on this subject, you would have just taken our collective intelligence for a ride by inserting a non-existent “CAN Network or Module” in your story.

With your charred reputation on Nairaland - I would save face & return all the money I collected from Emeka if I were in your shoes. You could have emulated Gazzuzz, Siena, Ikenna351, EgunMogaji & the rest who are well known in the Car Talk section for their integrity & honesty but no, you loved money more than everybody else.

Emeka only brought his car to your workshop for his transmission issues but your greed made you tamper with other irrelevant things just to fleece him of his hard-earned money. Ta Lo Ran E Nise?

The economy is harsh on everybody and not just on you. This is Y I'm so peeved at your insincerity, pathetic lies & sheer arrogance.

15 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by chukel(m): 5:17pm On May 14, 2016
Sooperrescue, I have just one question for you. Did you scan this car? If yes, please post the results of the scan.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This / CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.