Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans (35542 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / Etisalat Now Offers 1gb For N500 For 30 Days / Mtn Vs Airtel, Which Gat Better Data Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by omoboy08(m): 8:48am On May 14, 2016
abeniagbon:
SPECTRANET IS ON BIG LOSS

Yes big time. That's why they did 100% data bonus yesterday. They never learn anything.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by SWG1: 8:49am On May 14, 2016
David25:
Obviously, no one will buy from these resellers if the price isn't lower than mtn direct data. and I mean Real lower.
peace.

Funny enough some are still buying cos they don't trust or care about such desperate msgs from mtn. while some are still loyal for some reason and advising us to do sth about it.

when Grace sets in, every human perceived fact is OBVIOUSLY suspended.

Better Days ahead for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by nmreports: 8:52am On May 14, 2016
Saintp:

Bros for the fact it worked in telecoms is not a guarantee that it work in petroleum sector. It can only work here if we produce our fuel here with so many private refineries. But if na dis import wey we de so, d cabals will win both ways.

Well cut across.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by johnstar(m): 8:57am On May 14, 2016
Dis is daylight robbery

I juz did d 750mb for 500, instead i ws given 150mb

I sent 103 to 131

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Soleymania(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2016
Th[color=#990000][/color]I was almost mad at one of this data resellers yesterday ,I saw his advert on nairaland; says 7gig for 2k any network, pay after delivery.. I was like in Nigeria? After delivery? Then I called, he explained that I will only get d notification of d data,to use I must send mtn airtime of 2k,then he will send activation code.
Shortly I got d 7gig notification with a message activate with code.. meanwhile I actually did not need data cos I had enough on my etisalat 1.5g for 1k.
The next surprise from d guy is that I must send d airtime, that why wud I request when I knew I don't want, that he will kill me,do this,that I hv to send .I asked him can I use d data sent without activation code? Off which it's not possible.. I was mad at him, my wife called and begged ,explained to him that I only wanted to confirm d pay after delivery stuff..
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Chuksworld(m): 9:05am On May 14, 2016
Please note that the new mtn plan doesn't work for all sim. I still sell data to some customers that has decided to stick with me. They rather patronize their loyal reseller pending when we have cheaper packages
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by SkinnyDude(m): 9:11am On May 14, 2016
Appland:

How wicked u are

k
It means u fell to scammers that promised you 5GB for 600.
Data resellers do exist and we have help lots of subscribers when mtn data was so exorbitant for android users
don't worry.. you will eat your data.. sell 300 or regret it...
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by SkinnyDude(m): 9:13am On May 14, 2016
LongJohnS:

Not wicked bro. Just a friendly advice cos surely this is not the last of cheap data to be rolled out by the telcom providers and trust me its still going to be way cheaper
cheesy
ya.. it was 1.2gb before at 1k, and now it's 1.5gb.' tomorrow, it might be 2gb

1 Like

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by BigStar1(m): 9:20am On May 14, 2016
OK.... MTN is selling 1.5gb for N1,000?

no wahala, I go sell u 1.5gb at same price plus N200 call credit. Bank Payment Only.
How does it works?
U send me cash, then I send u 1200 credits.
U subscribe from MTN with N1000 and make calls with 200. I have limited offer. Just my data credit at a giveaway price.

Call 08060678106, 08157665321 for more

www.smsparo.com
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by SkinnyDude(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2016
Laserjetm1132:

please dear which network? pls refer me
mtn.. text 106 to 131 to check data balance, dial *131*4#
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by marlockj: 9:27am On May 14, 2016
myfantasies:
It seems d price of fuel has not affect the price of weed... Yet

Yes ohh my dear...if weed was Dat xpensv u wuldnt Hv pose wit a minor .....

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by DesChyko: 9:28am On May 14, 2016
Soleymania:
Th[color=#990000][/color]I was almost mad at one of this data resellers yesterday ,I saw his advert on nairaland; says 7gig for 2k any network, pay after delivery.. I was like in Nigeria? After delivery? Then I called, he explained that I will only get d notification of d data,to use I must send mtn airtime of 2k,then he will send activation code.
Shortly I got d 7gig notification with a message activate with code.. meanwhile I actually did not need data cos I had enough on my etisalat 1.5g for 1k.
The next surprise from d guy is that I must send d airtime, that why wud I request when I knew I don't want, that he will kill me,do this,that I hv to send .I asked him can I use d data sent without activation code? Off which it's not possible.. I was mad at him, my wife called and begged ,explained to him that I only wanted to confirm d pay after delivery stuff..

Can you show us the message you received and the sender? Some of them send coded messages but are fraud, especially anyone demanding airtime for activation code. 7GB for 2k??

2 Likes

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by David25(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2016
luluosas:
You are not wise anything. You are just been unfair and ungrateful. Why didn't you sticked with MTN when they were offering you 250MB for a whole N1,000? Why did you switched to resellers data when you have MTN contacts and access to buy their data directly from them?
Don't worry, you will surely come back to us in the nearest future when the coast becomes clear for us. Thank you. I remain Lugard Data Services

eh eh you are forgetting something here. you ask what? well the whole reason we opt to buy from resellers is that mtn price was too damn expensive. well now that the tables have turned your own price should be lower as in the ratio it was when in the old days, then nothing. would have actually changed in d real sense. you would still keep ur customers.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by sanitelag(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
Thank God I sold all my stock before people realised the current price by the network providers. the worth part of the story is that the business has stopped.

1 Like

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by myfantasies(f): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
marlockj:

Yes ohh my dear...if weed was Dat xpensv u wuldnt Hv pose wit a minor .....
Mind u dat is my niece

If you are not proud of any member of your family den dat is ur own problem

Wat u r going through is not my fault, maybe you were brought up dat way or d society made u who u r

But wat ever way... I pray u come out victorious
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Nobody: 9:38am On May 14, 2016
Am an SME vendor. The improvement nd review on mtn data has negatively affected our business as we still buy 10 gig for 10k whereas etisalat now activates 22 gig for 10k through direct retailing.

However am optimistic that mtn will review ours Cus we buy in bulk, promote nd market SME bundles as we engage in personal selling, campaigns nd publicity of all sorts.

I ve written severally to MTN business and I want other SME retailers to do same.

Their email is - escustomerservice@mtnnigeria.net

I have also funded a group of SME data retailers on whatsap as we seek ways to press our demands.
Add me on whatsap - 07062027524

Stancommunications
Data vendor

5 Likes

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Nurtay(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2016
As a data reseller myself, it's pretty challenging but not entirely surprising coz I saw it coming. When NCC removed the floor cap for data to allow each telcos determine their prices without any fear of breach, I knew a data price revolution was bound to happen. MTEL factor also necessitated MTN preemptive measure to counter the threat to remain dominant and relevant.

I want to use this medium to express my profound gratitude to our teeming customers on data, it's almost 16 months in d business. I've achieved a whole lot with the business while it lasts coz I optimally maximized the opportunity to the core. At peak period, I did sell 80GB to 120GB on the average daily unlike now that I struggle to sell 20GB.

Through data business alone, I was able to venture into other businesses with MTN, I secured a dealership in sim registration and mobile financial services. I'm an authorised DYA superagent in Osun state and I have hundreds of active retail agents pan-Osun. I registered my company(Nurenta Global Concept Ltd), rented a spacious and fully air conditioned office for the weekly training of our teeming agents , employed ten marketers and three full time staffs, bought my private car of not less than 2.5 million naira, bought a bus for marketing our Diamond Yellow Account service. I'm currently planning on having a phone shop before the end of the year. All thanks to MTN datashare business.

I took time to highlight all I achieved from MTN sharedata business in less than two years for our youths to know that there's always a hidden treasure in every opportunity u have no matter how small it may look. It depends on u going the extra mile with uncommon zeal to maximise it.

Before I ventured into the business, I used to be a full time commercial motorcyclist within Ile-ife metropolis. By the curious twist of fate, I met someone on nairaland here that I could make up to 5K daily by helping to resell his data. I printed some small handbills, circulated them, gave some to my passengers. The start was so daunting and frustrating due to d level of mistrust and scepticism out there but I didn't just give up. I later thought of taking it to another level to make my journey in d business faster. The guy I partnered with started when d business was relatively new, he had enough customer base to sell 75GB within a day or two (when 75GB subscription was still feasible). I thought within myself that if I wanted to make it pretty fast and be independent, I needed to do something extra. I later thought of going on air to advertise it. I took the risk, advertised daily on radio for a whole month. That was d turning point coz the advert was a magic wand in turning d business around.

As an okada man, I didn't have a business name neither did I have a base (shop) as an address. I talked with one of my loyal passengers that had an abandoned Eatery to help me put it into use. He accepted my request and d rest is now history.

With perseverance, resilience and unwavering determination to succeed and get out of poverty against all odds and to the Glory of God, I'm now d highest paid DYA(Diamond Yellow Account) partner pan Nigeria.

Datashare business is practically dead at least for now though, I now have financial cover to weather the storm through other businesses.

Always make hay while d sun shines.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by donhils: 10:03am On May 14, 2016
Every day is not Christmas.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by gotousa2013: 10:04am On May 14, 2016
I even got 12gig for 4,500 self.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by ify84(m): 10:13am On May 14, 2016
This mtn wahala has denied me small small money now. It's bad
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by mark3009(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2016
Appland:
We are have beeen dealt with, the ones i pity are those that still have credit on large scale.
Mtn increase their data price with out increasing their datashare price.
Am thinking of selling 1gig for 750, i don't know if u guys will still buy
Will that be profitable? Besides it is still not cheaper since 1k gets u 1.5g
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Nobody: 11:19am On May 14, 2016
@Nurtay, so inspiring. More blessings to us all.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Nobody: 11:37am On May 14, 2016
Appland:
We are have beeen dealt with, the ones i pity are those that still have credit on large scale.
Am thinking of selling 1gig for 750, i dont know if u guys will still buy
it pple like u that report isp anytime free browsin cumz up so u can b selin gb ..nobody wil buy
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by luluosas(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2016
Moderators, which reseller's thread made front page during the good times? You quickly moved this to front page to join the mockery group. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 14, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by DesChyko: 1:32pm On May 14, 2016
luluosas:
Moderators, which reseller's thread made front page during the good times? You quickly moved this to front page to join the mockery group. It is well
That's a lot of negative energy you're oozing around here. Take a chill pill. You seem angry at everyone who has tuned in to reality.

I was happy when this thread made frontpage because we need updates based on the data review. And it helps to know the SME prices have not been reviewed by MTN. Before now, I believed the SME guys were just being greedy for not dropping their prices.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by chibwike(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2016
Mopolchi:
Yes they are at loss. I stop buying the one for 1200 and started buying 1.5gig for 1000. Na me wise pass.
please where did you buy from...how can i buy mine?
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by Mopolchi: 1:58pm On May 14, 2016
chibwike:
please where did you buy from...how can i buy mine?
For mtn, dial *131*1# and follow the prompt. Or dial *106#.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by SUGARSON(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2016
Nurtay:
As a data reseller myself, it's pretty challenging but not entirely surprising coz I saw it coming. When NCC removed the floor cap for data to allow each telcos determine their prices without any fear of breach, I knew a data price revolution was bound to happen. MTEL factor also necessitated MTN preemptive measure to counter the threat to remain dominant and relevant.

I want to use this medium to express my profound gratitude to our teeming customers on data, it's almost 16 months in d business. I've achieved a whole lot with the business while it lasts coz I optimally maximized the opportunity to the core. At peak period, I did sell 80GB to 120GB on the average daily unlike now that I struggle to sell 20GB.

Through data business alone, I was able to venture into other businesses with MTN, I secured a dealership in sim registration and mobile financial services. I'm an authorised DYA superagent in Osun state and I have hundreds of active retail agents pan-Osun. I registered my company(Nurenta Global Concept Ltd), rented a spacious and fully air conditioned office for the weekly training of our teeming agents , employed ten marketers and three full time staffs, bought my private car of not less than 2.5 million naira, bought a bus for marketing our Diamond Yellow Account service. I'm currently planning on having a phone shop before the end of the year. All thanks to MTN datashare business.

I took time to highlight all I achieved from MTN sharedata business in less than two years for our youths to know that there's always a hidden treasure in every opportunity u have no matter how small it may look. It depends on u going the extra mile with uncommon zeal to maximise it.

Before I ventured into the business, I used to be a full time commercial motorcyclist within Ile-ife metropolis. By the curious twist of fate, I met someone on nairaland here that I could make up to 5K daily by helping to resell his data. I printed some small handbills, circulated them, gave some to my passengers. The start was so daunting and frustrating due to d level of mistrust and scepticism out there but I didn't just give up. I later thought of taking it to another level to make my journey in d business faster. The guy I partnered with started when d business was relatively new, he had enough customer base to sell 75GB within a day or two (when 75GB subscription was still feasible). I thought within myself that if I wanted to make it pretty fast and be independent, I needed to do something extra. I later thought of going on air to advertise it. I took the risk, advertised daily on radio for a whole month. That was d turning point coz the advert was a magic wand in turning d business around.

As an okada man, I didn't have a business name neither did I have a base (shop) as an address. I talked with one of my loyal passengers that had an abandoned Eatery to help me put it into use. He accepted my request and d rest is now history.

With perseverance, resilience and unwavering determination to succeed and get out of poverty against all odds and to the Glory of God, I'm now d highest paid DYA(Diamond Yellow Account) partner pan Nigeria.

Datashare business is practically dead at least for now though, I now have financial cover to weather the storm through other businesses.

Always make hay while d sun shines.

NICE AND INSPIRING STORY.
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by bizza45: 2:28pm On May 14, 2016
Appland:
Am thinking of selling 1gig for 750, i dont know if u guys will still buy

when do U want to start selling it
Re: Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans by luluosas(m): 2:54pm On May 14, 2016
No really true. It's just that the way people now turned against SME resellers as if we were all scammers back then. Thanks
DesChyko:

That's a lot of negative energy you're oozing around here. Take a chill pill. You seem angry at everyone who has tuned in to reality.

I was happy when this thread made frontpage because we need updates based on the data review. And it helps to know the SME prices have not been reviewed by MTN. Before now, I believed the SME guys were just being greedy for not dropping their prices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kindly Advice On Which Phone To Buy, Target Price Is 70,000 Naira / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / What Are The Best Games To Add To Your Android Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.