Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani (1314 Views)

"President Buhari Not Opposed To Restructuring" - Femi Adesina / North Not Opposed To Restructuring… Says Northern Govs / States Opposed To Alcohol Should Not Share From Alcohol Tax ---atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by popesam1(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2016
Senator Shehu Sani posted this on
his Facebook page this morning amidst
the current fuel subsidy removal by
the Federal Government. He said,
I position remains unchanged,crystal
clear and unwavering;I stand
opposed to the removal of petroleum
subsidy and I STAND opposed to
increase in pump price of petroleum
products;It will do nothing other
than add to the suffering and
further impoverish the masses of
our people.

He also said,

It amounts to capitulation and
outright deception for those of us
who led millions of people, out in
the street,few years ago,against
pump price increase and against
subsidy removal to now give
economic excuses to justify same.
The moral flag we raised in the
past is now the scale of justice to
measure the degree of our
conscience in the present.

What Do You Think

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/05/i-stand-opposed-to-removal-of-petroleum.html?m=1

cc: lalasticlala

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by popesam1(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by temitemi1(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2016
God bless u my HERO wherever u are cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by yudee233: 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
This is called integrity even if it is against populist opinion
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by bjdon: 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
Now THAT is how to be a true patriot. Not like so many zombies are currently doing trying to give all sorts of ridiculous justifications for this fuel pump increase. If it was wrong in 2012 it is wrong now. In fact it is even more wrong now because oil is cheaper now.

I salute you Senator Sani!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by mrvitalis(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2016
Nigerian politician know that the Nigerian population are really ignorant and they use this very well
How can a sensible politician criticise the subsidy removal

I challenge any Nairalanders to give an alternative, we're government would pay subsidy, pay workers, build roads, airports and other infeatructure we need putting into consideration our revenue

This will surely have sooner or later, we prospnded this four years ago and achieved nothing should we follow the same part and expect different results? ?

This is a painful decision but the benefits so passes the pain

Very soon people would see that u would make more profit if u build refineries here
Expect more biding for refineries licence in the next few months
If u think am wrong I challenge you to an open debate on this

1 Like

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by gwales: 4:42pm On May 12, 2016
Nonsense, fuel subsidy is gone for good

Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by busybrain123(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
Zombies will soon tag this man ipob....abeg where can I get wailing form....no more suffering and smiling... sad
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by busybrain123(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2016
angry tongue
gwales:
Nonsense, fuel subsidy is gone for good

Sai buhari

Zombie
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by Almajiri1: 4:51pm On May 12, 2016
This senator has shown he is an avenger of the Nigerian masses. Where are the tunde bakares,mbaka and Wole Soyinka?
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by haywire07(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2016
If I'm allowed to speak, I wld say I don't care about his opinion undecided
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by Oz4realsss: 5:05pm On May 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerian politician know that the Nigerian population are really ignorant and they use this very well
How can a sensible politician criticise the subsidy removal

I challenge any Nairalanders to give an alternative, we're government would pay subsidy, pay workers, build roads, airports and other infeatructure we need putting into consideration our revenue

This will surely have sooner or later, we prospnded this four years ago and achieved nothing should we follow the same part and expect different results? ?

This is a painful decision but the benefits so passes the pain

Very soon people would see that u would make more profit if u build refineries here
Expect more biding for refineries licence in the next few months
If u think am wrong I challenge you to an open debate on this
I think you are wrong and I will accept your challenge when you tell me the roles of a responsible government.

1 Like

Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by moshmusth(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2016
Shehu sani even though I considered you as an attention seeker but this s an exception of my though of you.. you are a man wearing trouser meaning a man must leave and die by his words

unlike Tinubu, fashole, kolaye, hell -rufire and co they are men in women skirt their head is full of theory and assumptions that was they sponsored protest and back stabbed our too soft then president jonathan in patience skirt. A gentleman to the core
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by mrvitalis(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2016
Oz4realsss:

I think you are wrong and I will accept your challenge when you tell me the roles of a responsible government.
The role of any government is to take decisions that will be best for her citizens
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by hucienda: 5:45pm On May 12, 2016
At least the Senator knows what hypocrisy and deliberate deception mean.
Stand for whatever you believe in at all times and/or
Apologise on your stand if upon reevaluation, you observe you were in the wrong.
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by gwales: 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
busybrain123:
angry tongue
Zombie
ipad yoots grin
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by Oz4realsss: 7:46pm On May 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

The role of any government is to take decisions that will be best for her citizens

I said a responsible government and not any government. I hope you have noted this.

Contary to your assertion, the fundamental responsibilities of any government go beyond decision taking. These responsibilities tell whether a government is responsible or not.

I still accept your challenge but not until you sincerely tell me the roles of a responsible government and how the Nigerian government have lived up to them.

The ball is in your court.
Re: I Stand Opposed To The Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy - Shehu Sani by hungryboy(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
I don't trust that Shehu Sani,

Am not even sure of his parentage,
I heard from a source that his real name is Nedu Nnammani.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Governor's Daughter Abisola Kola-daisi Steps Out In A #1.5m Mini Dress / See The Fake Aisha Buhari That Was Involved in Bribery Scandal (pic) / PHOTOS: Ekiti Residents Come Out In Mass For Solidarity Rally For Gov. Fayose.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.