Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" (69294 Views)

"Buhari Made Tinubu A Mockery In Every Pepper Soup Joint"- APC Chieftain Ogbonna / Bola Tinubu Reacts To President Buhari's Return To Nigeria / How Buhari Made Northern Youths Issue Quit Notice To Igbos – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Futureleader201(m): 12:25am On May 13, 2016
Fools

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by attegambo: 12:39am On May 13, 2016
when Christian wanted remove it .but now Muslim did it,its right ,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by sunsewa: 1:09am On May 13, 2016
what tinubu condemns in 2012,is now the best option in 2016,what a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Futureleader201(m): 1:11am On May 13, 2016
One chance government

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by oluarc(m): 2:05am On May 13, 2016
Subsidy removal was frowned on during GEJ tenure simply because we re 100% sure dat d money meant for d subsidy will surely b squandered as it ws the NORMAL practice then,but now we have someone having d will to ensure each kobo meant for Subsidy is judiciously spent in d ryt way. Why not give him the chance to ensure this change?.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by sammhi(m): 3:24am On May 13, 2016
Tinubu has no choice in. this matter..head or tail he wins..He spoke as a politician...The PMB govt is his creation, so what do you expect? Removal of subsidy favor him..and paying subsidy favor him too.
I see his statement as political rather than economic.. Jagaban created the monster ..he can't run away or disown the monster odawise EFCC will suddenly remba that PMB is non partisan..
I undastand U jare, Jagaban himself..I know you will correct your mistake sooner than lata.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by AreaFada2: 4:26am On May 13, 2016
Ehen.

Hypocrites everywhere you look.

But GEJ was clueless for doing same? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Sumptylism: 4:35am On May 13, 2016
...for me, this is a script being played out...first of all, election monies/expenses must be recouped...of course it would neither be from Benin republic nor Cameroon...in addition to this...the "trust" of Nigerians and the international community has to be earned...in order to recoup what has been lost through "whatever" means...how can this be done...other than to:
1) Cry wolf about the existing decadence in the system enshrined by the past administration
2) Make them believe there is an anti-corruption strategy/system in place to rid the country of corruption...and "catch" the corrupt
3) Appoint those who would help this "cost-recoup" strategy happen...and empower them with the choicest portfolios....
4) Call to their attention the huge deficit in the budget and the need to fund it from within and without....
5) Allocate huge votes to the portfolios of your "candidates/supporters"....
6) Make Electricity tariff more expensive....
7) Make petroleum products visibly scarce...so that people can queue...beg and fight to have them
8 ... let the the "Head"/petroleum minister travel....
9) Let the "neck"call for a meeting of stakeholders with representation from the Labour union...but don't let him make the announcement...(...lesson 101 from the past administration)
10) Increase the petroleum pump price...to make the products more available and assuage the "suffering" of the masses....
11) ...after some envisaged agitation if any and if there's room...call for a meeting of stakeholder...slightly reduce the price (they would be grateful and willing to accept it)...it becomes a "win-win"....
12) Keep the opposition busy...through being chased and scrutinized by anti-corruption agencies...so that they don't have enough and can't find time to truly oppose the incumbent government...or "cry wolf"....
13)... move to the next item on the agenda/script....

...may God save us.... sad undecided

I only have a question to ask...if the Government can establish a Bank of Industry...Bank of Infrastructure...Bank of Agriculture...etc...why can't the Government also establish a Bank of Petroleum...which can carry out different functions in the interest of the country and all stakeholders...including to serve as a window through which oil marketers can carry out international trade and buy the dollar or other currencies at the official exchange rate...

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Sumptylism: 4:36am On May 13, 2016
...for me, this is a script being played out...first of all, election monies/expenses must be recouped...of course it would neither be from Benin republic nor Cameroon...in addition to this...the "trust" of Nigerians and the international community has to be earned...in order to recoup what has been lost through "whatever" means...how can this be done...other than to:
1) Cry wolf about the existing decadence in the system enshrined by the past administration
2) Make them believe there is an anti-corruption strategy/system in place to rid the country of corruption...and "catch" the corrupt
3) Appoint those who would help this "cost-recoup" strategy happen...and empower them with the choicest portfolios....
4) Call to their attention the huge deficit in the budget and the need to fund it from within and without....
5) Allocate huge votes to the portfolios of your "candidates/supporters"....
6) Make Electricity tariff more expensive....
7) Make petroleum products visibly scarce...so that people can queue...beg and fight to have them
8 ... let the the "Head"/petroleum minister travel....
9) Let the "neck"call for a meeting of stakeholders with representation from the Labour union...but don't let him make the announcement...(...lesson 101 from the past administration)
10) Increase the petroleum pump price...to make the products more available and assuage the "suffering" of the masses....
11) ...after some envisaged agitation if any and if there's room...call for a meeting of stakeholder...slightly reduce the price (they would be grateful and willing to accept it)...it becomes a "win-win"....
12) Keep the opposition busy...through being chased and scrutinized by anti-corruption agencies...so that they don't have enough and can't find time to truly oppose the incumbent government...or "cry wolf"....
13)... move to the next item on the agenda/script....

...may God save us.... undecided lipsrsealed cry

I only have a question to ask...if the Government can establish a Bank of Industry...Bank of Infrastructure...Bank of Agriculture...etc...why can't the Government also establish a Bank of Petroleum...which can carry out different functions in the interest of the country and all stakeholders...including to serve as a window through which oil marketers can carry out international trade and buy the dollar or other currencies at the official exchange rate...
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by AreaFada2: 4:42am On May 13, 2016
Rexnegro:
seems You don't get...the oil dealers especially some big time cabal benefits immersely from subsidy, in The first place without working refineries, govt under obj decided to subsidize oil price by setting huge amount of money (billions) to cover up over 50% of The unsubsidized oil price yet the end users (we the masses) still don't get it at the so called subsidy price. now See what most oil cabal do, they buy here at subsidize price and export to Ghana, Togo, etc to sell at higher price ...hence enjoying the subsidy to enrich themselves,smiling to The banks. Like it was discovered of recent that some tanker trailers ve Been diverting fuel to neighboring con3 that's part of the scam embedded with the so called subsidy. so for me if You ask me I support the removal of subsidy cos from day one it was wrong move by obj...instead of subsidy back then he should ve tried to fix our refineries. Nigerians need to be patient. obj deregulate telecom sectors See today na they dey beg u to take free sim...that's how it will be with fuel in a short Why. for me also patience is all what This pmb/vpyo govt needs. the tunnel May seems dark but there's Light at The end of the tunnel with This govt.

Ol' boy forget this sermon.

Did we not explain all the ways subsidy fraud is done back in 2012? Did the self-proclaimed owners of Nigeria support it?

Were we not called Tanoids for supporting subsidy removal then?
Nigeria has a major problem of tribalism/ethno-religious bigotry.

By so doing and by refusing to restructure Nigeria into a true Federal System, we're driving a wedge between ourselves.

Nigeria may yet plunge into a major ethno-religious crisis if not even a civil war/crisis. I hope we don't prove America right, albeit post 2015.

These ethnic politicians will relocate the rest of their families to SA, UK, USA, France, Switzerland and other places where they already have mansions.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Nobody: 4:47am On May 13, 2016
When Jonathan took this same step they called him names,humiliated him, went on strike etc.I could still remember what Tunde Bakare and Jalingo did four years ago.Where are they now?Gone with the wind I guess.

If It's from Jonathan, It's called a scam but when it's comming from the number one hypocrite,it's the right step in the right direction.
We divide and discriminate ourselves every day in this country,yet we claim to be a Nation.

I wonder how long it'll take us to realize that we live like slaves in a country we call ours.Whatever and however the ruling class likes they do and we take it with a smile.
If wishes were horses,I would beg for re colonization because we aren't ripe to lead ourselves yet.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by toseman(m): 4:57am On May 13, 2016
dumebiifeanyi:

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/fuel-subsidy-removal-tinubu-backs-buhari/

I don't believe this write,Jagaban's media aide don't write like this.This write up was crafted by someone else and not Tinubu....
naija bloggers can lie henn
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by playtheblues(f): 4:57am On May 13, 2016
God please fight this battle for us your own way.

Fight these hypocritical liars to stupor.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by arresa: 5:04am On May 13, 2016
[s]
Icecomrade:

I dont need Tinubu long grammar to know fuel cue will disappear.
Not because of increased supply but limited financial power to purchase.

Its called automatic RESET

How many people will be able to afford fuel tank of fuel, in this economic hardship? It means most people will buy little and drive off.

No one is the Street now protesting now, labour union is not mobilising that's no problem.
Hunger will automatically mobilise people and drive them out into the street.
Its called automatic RESET.

[/s]

Nigerians paid 200 and even more for petrol and we didn't see your made up doom and gloom prophecy, but Armageddon is coming because ordinary 145?

What a load of rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Icecomrade: 5:25am On May 13, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Nigerians paid 200 and even more for petrol and we didn't see your made up doom and gloom prophecy, but Armageddon is coming because ordinary 145?

What a load of rubbish..

How convenient was it for them to buy fuel at N200 then. Your small brain didnt tell you people just took temporary measure based on exigencies.

So tell us how many Nigerians was able to afford fuel at N200 then.

I won't waste my time on people like you. Time will do the inevitable RESET
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:06am On May 13, 2016
Icecomrade:

I dont need Tinubu long grammar to know fuel cue will disappear.
Not because of increased supply but limited financial power to purchase.

Its called automatic RESET

How many people will be able to afford fuel tank of fuel, in this economic hardship? It means most people will buy little and drive off.

No one is the Street now protesting now, labour union is not mobilising that's no problem.
Hunger will automatically mobilise people and drive them out into the street.
Its called automatic RESET.

I quite disagree with you. Firstly, Nigerians have been suffering and smiling purchasing fuel at btw N100 and N240 per litre since Jan. Its hasn't stopped people filling their tanks or going about their daily tasks. Infact, people (I inclusive) purchased more due to the queues. Why spend 2 hours on a queue only to purchase half tank/ gallon afterall? My only issue with Nigerians is our continued silence at tolerating obvious bad governance. Your auto reset theory won't happen. I can assure you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:16am On May 13, 2016
Yem0350:
Who are these people getting richer due to fuel subsidy? Since you know they smile to the bank, why can't the Govt go after them or stop all corruption associated with fuel subsidy

If I may ask, Why did you kicked against it when GEJ initiated it? Your party called it then a scam.
Ask yourself what GEJ did to those indicted in the Ribadu Committee on the subsidy regime?
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by bolade15: 6:16am On May 13, 2016
Thunder fire your mouth Tinubu have you forgotten what you said during GEJ'S time? God punish all of you.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by kole22k(m): 6:23am On May 13, 2016
Many Nigeria youths n commentators has allow hate, tribalism n political affiliation lost focus on how they carry out their judgement when it comes to national issues thereby creating wrong impression about the future of this great country about subsidy remover if this country must move forward n be free from corruption n also to begin to benefit d dividends of democracy in time to come then subsidy must be removed.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Nobody: 6:32am On May 13, 2016
APC is a scam and full of lies and deceit. Nigerians are not fools... Elections will come again...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by orisa37: 6:34am On May 13, 2016
Fuel Subsidies removal is very sane but the Price should be fixed @ N100 per litre.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Sall(m): 6:36am On May 13, 2016
This is the right time I believed subsidy should go at least there is a sincerity on the part of this present government .not the corrupt Jonathan government I stand with buhari on this.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Icecomrade: 6:41am On May 13, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

I quite disagree with you. Firstly, Nigerians have been suffering and smiling purchasing fuel at btw N100 and N240 per litre since Jan. Its hasn't stopped people filling their tanks or going about their daily tasks. Infact, people (I inclusive) purchased more due to the queues. Why spend 2 hours on a queue only to purchase half tank/ gallon afterall? My only issue with Nigerians is our continued silence at tolerating obvious bad governance. Your auto reset theory won't happen. I can assure you.

I like your argument. Straight to the point.

One angle you ain't seeing is that people cue for such long hours not because the option of buying from black market isn't there. They can't afford it for a long time.

This increase is now official. Those who sold to you at N200 may not be kind to sale at that same rate.

The multiplier effect on the economy showed signs yesterday.

We don't need to debate if the RESET theory will occur or not, let time prove

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by peacenice(m): 6:42am On May 13, 2016
Mayor21:
But u criticized Jonathan
yea because we all know e can't be trusted. I seem not to understand why we r comparing d 2 personalty, they r far apart guys wake up and stop being sentimental
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Spinojaja26: 6:54am On May 13, 2016
When Goodluck wanted to remove it you and your party stood against it, you told Nigerians alot of lies to stop it. 4 yrs is not forever. Apc will never win a single post in this country again.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by anigbajumo(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2016

"For some time, I have been a proponent of this action. I believed ending of subsidy was the only sure way to put to sleep the myriad demons that had invaded the subsidy process, sucking the blood of Nigeria, swallowing much of our needed money."

Lie from the pit of hell,why against GEJ then if truely you av been a proponent of this action Some years back??

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by godwin120alex: 7:30am On May 13, 2016
Tinubu is so so irresponsible
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Uchmoneyka(m): 7:35am On May 13, 2016
This is totally unacceptable and pure wickedness. If such a decision should have been made, not this period that our economy is in the state of quagmire and deteriorating. They don't consider our plight but always feed their selfish desire. Please let us lend our voice on this because it is still the grassroots that will feel the scourge. Say NO to this impunity.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by Equityboi: 7:42am On May 13, 2016
NAIJA!!!!... who is to be trusted.... so Tinubu know all dis wen he criticised Jonathan back in October 7, 2011 and now supporting d idea by pmb. OTITO TI SONU LENU AWON LEADERS WA TIPE. I'm not surprise anyway, cos ENU TO JE DODO KO LE
E SODODO.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by JayBeeu: 7:48am On May 13, 2016
Politics is a BITCH!! u mean this man cod support subsidy removal after organising poor mercies out of thire homes wit money they stole from us to protest during GEJ regime??O no! the rich seem to be avin thire ways so cheap with the poor.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by klax(m): 7:49am On May 13, 2016
I think I was always wrong whenever I descend badly on Buhari and APC many do got so upset with my post but now here we are honestly im not bother a bit because I have said it before that Nigeria has not seen anything yet take it or leave it, hate my post or not more are still loading............ more tariffs will be hike, vat rate will be hike, loads of structures and businessess opportunity will be force to shut down and more and more its going to be 4 years of agony and pains take it or leave it.

Now subsidy is good isn't, but was not good during Gej Nice one. My joy is everybody will suffer the pain APC or not but surely it's APC zombies who will suffer it most there pains is triple portion because poverty and pain for all but for queuing up and voted for a liar and ends up being betrayed like a pooh is the most painful emotion of all. Now all Mr APC go get your own fuel in Oando (tinubu oil) for N40. APC are you happy now?
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" by yusuf000000: 7:54am On May 13, 2016
youngdude1:
Tinubu is a thief
I
Ur father ...I repeat am ur Father !!! See me see whala oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Buhari's Vacation Extension / Several Escaped Inmates From Kuje Prison Attack Recaptured (Photos) / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.