Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1160 Views)

What Business Can I Do With 500k Or I Should Relocate From My Single Room 1st / The Best Private Nursery/primary School In Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State / Just Lost My Brother To Tragic Accident Yesterday @ Ado Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Missnairaland: 8:21am On May 13, 2016
smiley
Re: . by talk2alabama: 8:23am On May 13, 2016
Hair salon
Re: . by Missnairaland: 8:25am On May 13, 2016
talk2alabama:
Hair salon
I dont have any skill in that will it just be ok to start it and then employ people?
Re: . by talk2alabama: 8:29am On May 13, 2016
Missnairaland:
I dont have any skill in that will it just be ok to start it and then employ people?
what skills do u have first of all?
Re: . by Missnairaland: 8:31am On May 13, 2016
talk2alabama:
what skills do u have first of all?
Business Skill but no idea on any for now.
Re: . by Acidosis(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2016
Ado-Ekiti is a civil service state, so first and foremost, avoid any business/goods/service that would attract debtors. Your own profit is dependent on how well and how fast the government pays! Hence, stuffs they cannot do without, e.g. FMCGs*, food, or agribusiness would make a lot of sense.
I learnt Fayose loves ponmo grin

Jokes apart, you could also consider businesses that thrive around the higher institutions in Ado, e.g. a business centre in Federal Polytechnic, Ekiti State University, or Afe Babalola University, all in Ado-Ekiti.

Be careful to do a proper cost & profit and loss analysis before you begin. A bundle of paper presently costs N1200/N1300 as against the cost (N500/N600) 2 years ago. This business is also fuel-intensive so factor in the subsidy saga. We could discuss more on this in detail.

I've not been to Ado in 7 years so I'm not certain about the viability of a Creche, or Nur/Pri School.

Before you relocate, why don't you take a trip to conduct a market survey in Ado?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by MissIndependent(f): 9:03am On May 13, 2016
Acidosis:
Ado-Ekiti is a civil service state, so first and foremost, avoid any business/goods/service that would attract debtors. Your own profit is dependent on how well and how fast the government pays! Hence, stuffs they cannot do without, e.g. FCMGs, food, or agribusiness would make a lot of sense.

Jokes apart, you could also consider businesses that thrive around the higher institutions in Ado, e.g. a business centre in Federal Polytechnic, Ekiti State University, or Afe Babalola University, all in Ado-Ekiti.

Be careful to do a proper cost & profit and loss analysis before you begin. A bundle of paper presently costs N1200/N1300 as against the cost (N500/N600) 2 years ago. This business is also fuel-intensive so factor in the subsidy saga. We could discuss more on this in detail.

I've not been to Ado in 7 years so I'm not certain about the viability of a Creche, or Nur/Pri School.

Before you relocate, why don't you take a trip to conduct a market survey in Ado?
Lol @Fayose loves Ponmogrin
Re: . by 100Cents: 9:07am On May 13, 2016
The current economic situation is unfavourable to businesses.

Go into restaurant and drinks. People must eat no matter what. Location is of paramount importance. A higher institution or government offices being located close to your eatery will be an added advantage.

I didnt say Fast Food. Just set up a very neat eatery with like 6 plastic tables and 30 plastic chairs. You should also offer take aways. Employ 2 ladies as cooks and a boy for serving drinks.

Drinks wholesale and Retail outlet is also a viable business.
Re: . by Missnairaland: 9:08am On May 13, 2016
Acidosis:
Ado-Ekiti is a civil service state, so first and foremost, avoid any business/goods/service that would attract debtors. Your own profit is dependent on how well and how fast the government pays! Hence, stuffs they cannot do without, e.g. FCMGs, food, or agribusiness would make a lot of sense.

Nice Suggestion will try taking a market survey trip there. Thanks

More please.
Re: . by Missnairaland: 9:10am On May 13, 2016
100Cents:
The current economic situation is unfavourable to businesses.

Go into restaurant and drinks. People must eat no matter what. Location is of paramount importance. A higher institution or government offices being located close to your eatery will be an added advantage.

I didnt say Fast Food. Just set up a very neat eatery with like 6 plastic tables and 30 plastic chairs. You should also offer take aways. Employ 2 ladies as cooks and a boy for serving drinks.

Drinks wholesale and Retail outlet is also a viable business.
I actually had this in mind but you know the stress of waking up early in the morning to cook plenty food not easy embarassed but it is not a bad idea thanks. smiley
Re: . by 100Cents: 9:19am On May 13, 2016
Missnairaland:
I actually had this in mind but you know the stress of waking up early in the morning to cook plenty food not easy embarassed but it is not a bad idea thanks. smiley

You wont suffer for too long. Your staff will assist you in cooking and serving. The food business is the surest thing you can do now.

Being near a govt office is far better than a school area. Some students no dey pay.
Re: . by talk2alabama: 10:53am On May 13, 2016
Missnairaland:
Business Skill but no idea on any for now.
ok hav u thought of supermarket?
Re: . by Missnairaland: 11:21am On May 13, 2016
100Cents:

You wont suffer for too long. Your staff will assist you in cooking and serving. The food business is the surest thing you can do now.

Being near a govt office is far better than a school area. Some students no dey pay.
You are right. Thanks smiley
Re: . by Missnairaland: 11:22am On May 13, 2016
talk2alabama:
ok hav u thought of supermarket?
What goods will be in the supermarket? remember this is a state that is not as lively and rich like Lagos.
Re: . by talk2alabama: 12:19pm On May 13, 2016
Missnairaland:
What goods will be in the supermarket? remember this is a state that is not as lively and rich like Lagos.
ok den go with dat restaurant advice. It should be located where all these transport companies do stop to drop passengers for 10-20minutes break.. people don't hav any choice dan to pay as high as 500naira per plate.. dat will be d best business for u
Re: . by Missnairaland: 3:46pm On May 13, 2016
talk2alabama:
ok den go with dat restaurant advice. It should be located where all these transport companies do stop to drop passengers for 10-20minutes break.. people don't hav any choice dan to pay as high as 500naira per plate.. dat will be d best business for u
OK Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Daughter Comes Home From School This Way? (photo) / How Can This Issue Be Resolved? / They Say My Marriage Is Doomed With Generational Curse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.