Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible (6787 Views)

Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Man Dies In A Mosque While Praying In Jordan (Photos And Video) / Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BULLIONKING: 10:42am On May 13, 2016
Asalam alaykum wa rahmatullahi was barakatuhuI am a corp member serving in Uzo-uwani LGA of Enugu state,due to the recent clash between the Fulani herdsmen and the Igbo community,our mosque has been closed down because the Fulani who are majority Muslims have fled the village of my primary Assignment.The mosque is under lock and key,other Muslims are no longer in the community (Fulani ppl),there is no way to observe Jum'ah.What should be done in a situation like this?

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by youngberry001(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2016
Mehnn lemme also wait for mallam's to come me 2 still a learner

modify.....

As our mallam said he said u should perfom only Azahr prayer.
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BULLIONKING: 11:12am On May 13, 2016
is it not just safer to perform my zuhhr prayer of 4 rakahs during d jumat period instead of d Azahr prayer you mentioned @ youngberry
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Dikolas(m): 11:17am On May 13, 2016
Salam alaykum brother, from my understanding its better you just perform 4 rakat of Zhur prayer.
Almighty Allah is all Compassionate, who understand your predicament at that present time.

5 Likes

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Nobody: 11:17am On May 13, 2016
You try as much as possible to find a mosque. Zuhr should be the last resort
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by tetula123(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2016
So i had2 agree2 all those terms to comment well done....after reading

dont know how d muslim world goes,bt if i were to b in ur shoes,ama just say the prayer anywhere...Allah understands

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BULLIONKING: 11:26am On May 13, 2016
There is only one mosque in this village since itz an Igbo village and the mosque is under lock and key;To find a mosque I'll have to travel to Nsukka and datz something else.
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by auwalyau: 11:28am On May 13, 2016
Wa alaikumus salam brother. In situations like this, see if you can travel to the nearest town with a Juma'a mosque; only if that not possible you can stay where you are and be praying Zuhr prayer (4 Raka'ats instead of the 2 Raka'ats of Juma'a prayer). To motivate you a bit, I did my NYSC at Amozalla Affa in Udi LGA Enugu State back in 1998; and every friday either travel to 9th Mile or even Enugu 82 Div barracks mosque for my Juma'a prayers. Surah Talaq Q65 v 4 '' and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy''

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Omotayor123(f): 1:04pm On May 13, 2016
Learning...
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BALLOSKI: 1:11pm On May 13, 2016
youngberry001:
Mehnn lemme also wait for mallam's to come me 2 still a learner

modify.....

As our mallam said he said u should perfom only Azahr prayer.
spot-on!
That's how I run it. I'm the only Muslim wey I dey right now.

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by hab1612(m): 2:10pm On May 13, 2016
Wallahi,
i have really miss my Friday Prayers.
Presently in Brazil for studies, i ave not SEEN a Muslim yet, this is my 10th month.
The ONLY mosque i hav heard of, is in Sao Paulo, No Muslim community in my state.
Really Miss My JUMMAT SERVICES

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by babs01(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2016
perform zhur prayer
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by babs01(m): 2:26pm On May 13, 2016
hab1612:
Wallahi,
Presently in Brazil for studies, i ave not SEEN a Muslim yet, this is my 10th month.
The ONLY mosque i hav heard of, is in Sao Paulo, No Muslim community in my state.
Hmmmm! In the name of ?

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Mubby4luv(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2016
hab1612:
Wallahi,
Subhanallah, you don't even ve a reason to give on the day where all will be accounted.
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Dikolas(m): 10:26pm On May 13, 2016
Mubby4luv:
Subhanallah, you don't even ve a reason to give on the day where all will be accounted.
Judgment ke bro,take it easy ooo,who told you by then he might not have done deeds that will weep this away?
Bro in Brazil,its not good,if you can't find a congregation there then try as much as possible to pray on your own,we serve a very Merciful God, use this coming Ramadan to reconnect with your maker.

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by hab1612(m): 1:19am On May 14, 2016
Mubby4luv:

HOW do you mean
Kindly explain better
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by hab1612(m): 1:24am On May 14, 2016
babs01:

Hmmmm! In the name of ?

In the name of Studies?
As what is the benefit n i will reply you!?
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by babs01(m): 4:47am On May 14, 2016
hab1612:

In the name of Studies? As what is the benefit n i will reply you!?
the benefits?
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by Nobody: 5:14am On May 14, 2016
I was also deployed to Enugu state initially for my NYSC, Nkanu East LG. Alhamdulillah, Allah made my relocation possible after staying in the thick forest for over four months, without jumat prayer. That is the extent the South eastern states in Nigeria can accomodate Islam. I will have to travel for hours before i could locate just one mosque in the main city in Enugu. May Almighty Allah bless us with the best practice of Islam in our life time, amin.

1 Like

Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BULLIONKING: 6:21am On May 14, 2016
It seems the south east are greatly islamophobic and yet they will be the one to shout marginalization
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by BULLIONKING: 6:22am On May 14, 2016
Justrefined:
I was also deployed to Enugu state initially for my NYSC, Nkanu East LG. Alhamdulillah, Allah made my relocation possible after staying in the thick forest for over four months, without jumat prayer. That is the extent the South eastern states in Nigeria can accomodate Islam. I will have to travel for hours before i could locate just one mosque in the main city in Enugu. May Almighty Allah bless us with the best practice of Islam in our life time, amin.
Amin
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by hab1612(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2016
babs01:

the benefits?
Bro, check my signature.
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by babs01(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2016
hab1612:
Bro, check my signature.
Ina ruwa na
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by hab1612(m): 3:06am On May 15, 2016
babs01:

Ina ruwa na
almuslim ..... muslim?
Does ""brother"" fit into the statement??
""Ina ruwa na""
Re: When Praying Jumat Is No Longer Possible by babs01(m): 5:10am On May 15, 2016
hab1612:

almuslim ..... muslim?
Does ""brother"" fit into the statement??
""Ina ruwa na""
Did I see anything in ur signature? and y can't u just state d reasons instead of directing me to ur sig. Islam teaches moral nah brother

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) / The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah / Kindly Help: I Need Islamic Wedding Toasts For My Wedding Card!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.