Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

We Won’t Hold South-west Congress, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Hold South-west Congress, Says PDP (485 Views)

We Will Win Lagos In 2019, Says PDP / News We Won’t Hold National Convention This Year – APC / PDP Overrules Fayose, Cancels South West Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Won’t Hold South-west Congress, Says PDP by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:40pm On May 13, 2016
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said that it would not hold the South- West zonal congress of the party originally scheduled for Saturday. The party said that it was recalling its officers already sent to Akure, the Ondo State capital, where the congress was originally scheduled to hold. National Secretary of the party, Prof. Wale Oladipo, stated this in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Friday. Oladipo said the decision to stop the congress was because of the order by Justice Ibrahim Buba of a Federal High Court in Lagos, which restrained the party from going ahead with its zonal congress. Apart from Akure, another faction of the party had planned to hold a separate zonal congress in Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State. But in positive answer to an ex parte application brought before him on Thursday by the incumbent PDP South-West Zonal Secretary, Chief ‘Pegba Otemolu, Justice Buba restrained the party from going ahead with the scheduled congress. The judge said the order would subsist until the final determination of Otemolu’s main suit. Oladipo said that as a law abiding party, the PDP would not disobey the court order. He said, “We are a law-abiding party. I have been served the court order and as a respondent in the case, I’m telling you that we are not going to flout the order of the court. “I’m also aware that the Independent National Electoral Commission will also not be at the congress. “As a matter of fact, we are withdrawing our officers who have been sent to conduct the congress. We will stay action on it until the case if determined by the court.”
www.punchng.com/wont-hold-south-west-congress-says-pdp/
Re: We Won’t Hold South-west Congress, Says PDP by TippyTop(m): 1:43pm On May 13, 2016
PDP is dead says some zombies from the South West, dead and yet they fight over its positions.
Anyway if my memory serves me right dead PDP still controls 2 states in the SW.
Re: We Won’t Hold South-west Congress, Says PDP by ganisucks(f): 1:53pm On May 13, 2016
This is why I L♥√ع PDP. They are so matured A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so legit. Even if the suit will set the May 21 convention back, they still bit the bullet, in the interest ☀̤̣̈̇f fair play A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ justice. A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ some sponsored Sola Kuti boys will come online A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ claim that the current hierarchy in the PDP is biased. A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ also, I think it is high time that Mr "Jerry GHANA MUST GO" is shown the way out. He A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ the so called founding losers should either queue in with the reformed PDP's direction, or they should take the next bus out ☀̤̣̈̇f the PDP A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ go A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ create another party, since they are so Ǧ☺☺ϑ at it.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: We Are Tired Of Nigeria, Give Us Freedom-ipob / Things You Need In This Current Hard/toughtime / 'second Chibok Girl Rescued' In Nigeria - BBC News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.