Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century (7909 Views)

Fayose Reacts To The Release Of The 21 Chibok Girls / Names And Photos Of Some Of The 21 Chibok Girls Released By Boko Haram / Buhari, African Most Incompetent, Unserious And Clueless Leader – UK Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Hillzy(m): 1:17am On May 14, 2016
Ipob yoots will surely come for ur head

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Ariani: 1:23am On May 14, 2016
Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by coolitempa(f): 1:23am On May 14, 2016
Let us be honest with ourselves....military wise...he was a disaster....he was a disaster... angry...in political ways too...I think ibos like him for standing up for his people even if stupidly....but others look at him as a little ignorant man....my two pence... cool

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Nobody: 8:20am On May 14, 2016
infoispower:

[color=#006600][/color]

i intentionally used 21st century instead of 19th century to draw attention to the topic and because in the 21 century majority of igbos still consider ojukwu as their greatest leader.
so what exactly do you aim to achieve with the post?
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by gidgiddy: 9:23am On May 14, 2016
The OP made so many mistakes:

He said Ojukwu started a war: How could Ojukwu have started a war when it was Gowon that came down to east to start fighting?

He said that Ojukwu executed people like Victor Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Mr Abam for opposing him: I would suggest to him to find a book called 'No place to hide: crises and conflicts inside Biafra' by Ben Odogwu. In this book he will read the ful text of how these four men were tried for plotting to topple Ojukwu and how they were secretly recorded planning their coup.

He said that Ojukwu didn't consult anyone before declaring Biafra when it is a historical fact that it was the Eastern Nigeria consultative assembly which was comprised of all the representatives and Chiefs of of the 20 provinces that made up former the eastern region that mandated Ojukwu to declare the Eastern region a separate country on 29th May 1967.

The OP said that Ojukwu rejected aid for his suffering people. Ojukwu never rejected foreign aid. What Ojukwu rejected was Gowon trying to control the distribution of the aid.

Ojukwu may have been highanded, brash and condescending but it was war situation. Hardley the time to be Mr nice guy.

The OP also failed to take into account that over 50,000 easterners were slaughtered in broad daylight and that Ojukwus signed a peace agreement in Ghana with Gowon which Gowon decided not to honour.

Ojukwu did what he had to do to protect his people and I commend him for standing up to fight northern Nigerian hegemony at a time when all others decided to be cowards and submit themselves to Nothern slavery.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by ElCount: 10:09am On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:
OP, you have your some facts wrong. Gowon did not create states because Ojukwu declared Biafra, rather, it was the other way around. Ojukwu declared Biafra because after going to Ghana to negotiate a confederation with the existing 4 regions, Gowon went on to break that agreement by creating States. The 'divide and rule' started by Gowon is the same thing that the northerners use and still use to dominate Nigeria. The same true federalism which many Yorubas today say is what is best for Nigeria is what Ojukwu went to get, and got in Aburi, Ghana. But the same Yorubas and their leader Awolowo had no problem with Gowon and his fellow Northerners going back on the agreement, destroying federalism, creating States and taking away resouce control. Awolowo was all too happy to '2ic' to Gowon and protect his peoples interests. When Ojukwu declared Biafra in response, they vilified him. Till today, the same Yoruba man is looking for the same true federalism Ojukwu went to Ghana to get, and got,but has no problem calling Ojukwu a fool for not being a 'northern a$$licker' like Awolowo. All the Yoruba man knows is "we saved our selves from being killed by the Northerners by accepting one Nigeria while that stupid Ojukwu had millions of his people killed by not doing what we did". Shameful

I thank God that he created me an Igho man and didn't give me this level of cowardice
You dey mind them? Dem don already dey twist history and people wey no sabi wetin happen don already dey hail am
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 10:13am On May 14, 2016
BADNEAT:
so what exactly do you aim to achieve with the post?

This is not meant to create any divisions,except to try and encourage people to read widely
and come to their own conclusion,rather than hating without facts and also to illuminate why
a good leader knows when to and not to fight.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by pchukwudi: 10:17am On May 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:

3. It was the easiest way to end the war and save more souls because if the Northern Military had gotten to the Biafrian side, it would have been disastrous.

The above statement showes how ignorant you are: Someone who does not know, and yet does not know that he does not know.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by pchukwudi: 10:20am On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:

He said Ojukwu started a war: How could Ojukwu have started a war when it was Gowon that came down to east to start fighting?

He said that Ojukwu executed people like Victor Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Mr Abam for opposing him: I would suggest to him to find a book called 'No place to hide: crises and conflicts inside Biafra' by Ben Odogwu. In this book he will read the ful text of how these four men were tried for plotting to topple Ojukwu and how they were secretly recorded planning their coup.

He said that Ojukwu didn't consult anyone before declaring Biafra when it is a historical fact that it was the Eastern Nigeria consultative assembly which was comprised of all the representatives and Chiefs of of the 20 provinces that made up former the eastern region that mandated Ojukwu to declare the Eastern region a separate country on 29th May 1967.

The OP said that Ojukwu rejected aid for his suffering people. Ojukwu never rejected foreign aid. What Ojukwu rejected was Gowon trying to control the distribution of the aid.

Ojukwu may have been highanded, brash and condescending but it was war situation. Hardley the time to be Mr nice guy.

The OP also failed to take into account that over 50,000 easterners were slaughtered in broad daylight and that Ojukwus signed a peace agreement in Ghana with Gowon which Gowon decided not to honour.

Ojukwu did what he had to do to protect his people and I commend him for standing up to fight northern Nigerian hegemony at a time when all others decided to be cowards and submit themselves to Nothern slavery.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by pchukwudi: 10:26am On May 14, 2016
infoispower:

This is not meant to create any divisions,except to try and encourage people to read widely
and come to their own conclusion,rather than hating without facts and also to illuminate why
a good leader knows when to and not to fight.

Why are you so arrogantly calling a clear hot lie an "encouragement to read widely"?.

You should go and weep for distorting history the way you just did.

Probably you should go and read wide first before drawing personal conclusions let alone forcing your silly ideas on the gullible uninformed public.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by contagiousme: 10:42am On May 14, 2016
dapsonlou:

The op stated facts with proof and it's a well research piece. No hate in the piece what so ever. This is the most thorough Post on Nairaland still date. lalasticlala
obinoscopy Mynd44 Oya front page things

Thank you bro…
when the igbos were being led to their death like ramadan ram and christmas turkey
we yorubas swallowed our pride and might i add that we also swallowed jolof rice and
turkey,amala gbegiri and ewedu with assorted meats while we watched the drama unfolded
on the 1st television station in Africa provided by our great politically experienced leader
awolwo……

smiley grin smiley grin

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by contagiousme: 10:44am On May 14, 2016
Hillzy:
Ipob yoots will surely come for ur head

Like felas song……follow follow them close them eye’s
close eyes pam pam!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by contagiousme: 10:54am On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:

It was okoro’s that stopped our young democracy with their coup just after the election
without giving the experienced politicians enough chance.
it was okoro’s that first started military take over,that eventually became the norm,that led to the
underdevelopment of nigeria that is going on today.
it was okoro’s that first changed our federal structure by taking power away from regional governments
there by concentrating more power to the centre,the same system okoro’s are complaining about now.
it was okoro’s that first killed other ethnic and other tribal leaders and expect that there will be no retaliation
and blame the northerns when the angry northern masses descended on them.
it was okoro that when the northern leaders were asking for severe punishment for the coup plotters and change of
decree 34,he ignored all the warning and instead flew around the country to beg and appease them.
it was okoro that when their inexperienced dictatorial appointed leader,lead 3 million to their deaths,chose to
blame other tribal leaders for his incompetence.
it was okoro that made the” follow my leader “northers that would not contemplate a coup because they revere
their leaders,made the northerners more conscious of what could happen if they don’t hold on to power
it was okoro’s that when obasanjo appointed all their kins men and women in to his government went to pack all
their people in to all the ministries,the way they packed them selves into the ministries before the war,
then one nigeria was good for the okoros and yorubas were ok.
when okoro’s they chop Ofe owerri soup under Jonathan they jolly,then one nigeria good for the okras

Yeo,Okoro,Nna. how many times i call you!!! ? 3 times
when will you power hungry,money hungry,egotistic,tribalistic,clannish people start accepting
responsibilities for your actions and stop blaming other tribes……biko

wink grin wink grin

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by gidgiddy: 10:56am On May 14, 2016
contagiousme:

It was okoro’s that stopped our young democracy with their coup just after the election
it was okoro’s that first started military take over,that eventually became the norm,that led to the
it was okoro’s that first changed our federal structure by taking power away from regional governments
there by concentrating more power to the centre,the same system okoro’s are complaining about now.
it was okoro’s that first killed other ethnic and other tribal leaders and expect that there will be no retaliation
it was okoro that when the northern leaders were asking for severe punishment for the coup plotters and change of
decree 34,he ignored all the warning and instead flew around the country to beg and appease them.
it was okoro that when their inexperienced dictatorial appointed leader,lead 3 million to their deaths,chose to
it was okoro that made the” follow my leader “northers that would not contemplate a coup because they revere
their leaders,made the northerners more conscious of what could happen if they don’t hold on to power
it was okoro’s that when obasanjo appointed all their kins men and women in to his government went to pack all
their people in to all the ministries,the way they packed them selves into the ministries before the war,
when okoro’s they chop Ofe owerri soup under Jonathan they jolly,then one nigeria good for the okoros
yebo,okoro,nna. how many times i call you!!! ? 3 times
when will you power hungry,money hungry,egotistic,tribalistic,clannish people start accepting

wink grin wink grin

I hope you know that this thread is about Ojukwu?
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 11:21am On May 14, 2016
contagiousme:

Thank you bro…
when the igbos were being led to their death like ramadan ram and christmas turkey
we yorubas swallowed our pride and might i add that we also swallowed jolof rice and
turkey,amala gbegiri and ewedu with assorted meats while we watched the drama unfolded
on the 1st television station in Africa provided by our great politically experienced leader
awolwo……

smiley grin smiley grin
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 11:25am On May 14, 2016
pchukwudi:

Why are you so arrogantly calling a clear hot lie an "encouragement to read widely"?.

Probably you should go and read wide first before drawing personal conclusions let alone forcing your silly ideas on the gullible uninformed public.

The book references are there...don't have a lazy mind read it....

List Of Major Military Installations In Nigeria In The 60’s:

Northern Nigeria:
      1.   3rd Bn                                              Kaduna 
       2.  5th Bn                                                Kano
       3.  1 Field Battery  (Arty)                         Kaduna
       4.  1 Field Squadron  (Engrs)                   Kaduna
       5.  88 Transport Regt                              Kaduna
       6.  Nigerian Defense Academy             Kaduna
       7.  Ordinance Depot                              Kaduna
       8.  44 Military Hospital                         Kaduna
       9.  Nigeria Military Training College            Kaduna
      10.   Recon Squadron & Regt                       Kaduna
      11.  Nigerian Air Force                           Kaduna
      12.  Ammunition Factory                   Kaduna
      13.  Recruit Training Depot                        Zaria
      14.  Nigerian Military School                     Zaria

Western Nigeria:
       1.  4th Bn                                                 Ibadan
       2.  2 Field Battery (Arty)                          Abeokuta 
       3.  2 Recon Squaron                              Abeokuta 

Eastern Nigeria: 
       1st Bn                                                      Enugu
———————————
Tell me is it wise to fight or negotiate? actions create reactions…………
War is supposed to be strategic, and not fought with only emotions and passion.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Kingspin(m): 11:56am On May 14, 2016
The op is the greatest hater of our century. Who dislike Ojukwu because his braveness,achievements and nothing more. Your forefathers dead, born and yet unborn will never ever match Ojukwu records. So you better swallow your pride, Ojukwu is a legend Nigeria will not meet his like again in life.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Ngozi123(f): 12:06pm On May 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:
@OP, I want to thank you greatly for this piece. You have done a great work here.

I also read the thread about the Awolowo speech and i was so disappointed with what some Igbos were typing.

They are quick to use the 3million dead propaganda forgetting that Nigeria also lost some people in thousands or even millions too.

I was also forced to researched also and whole doing that, I came across a piece in the Vanguard, published on November 28, 2011, where even Ojukwu himself called the Sage, The Best President Nigeria Never Had.

I don't actually care about the rest of your post but the points that you've made here are absolute hogwash. How is it propaganda when they are merely stating facts. Even the Nigerian Government has acknowledged the death of 2 million Igbos in the war, so of course it doesn't seem far fetched to declare the real number as 3 million, given he FG's penchant for distorting the truth to fit their agenda. As for the second part of the bolded, please reveal the source that you've used that says that millions of non-Biafrans died in the Biafran War 1967-70 as that sounds like propaganda to me.

With respect to Awolowo, it is well-known that Ojukwu appreciated the man's capabilities as a leader for his people however this does not negate the fact that the man was responsible for the starvation policy that killed millions of people, mostly vulnerable children and elderly people. It is also a fact that he was the one who instigated the 20 Naira policy for all Biafrans who had bank accounts in Nigeria. These are facts and not a matter of opinion. In essence, Awolowo was a good and capable leader for his people but he was a terrible man, from an Igbo point of view, for what he did to them both in the course and aftermath of the war. I can understand why the Yorubas adore him because everything he did, he did for their benefit but you simply cannot expect the Igbos to have the same attitude.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by AdiscoPele: 12:15pm On May 14, 2016
pchukwudi:

The above statement showes how ignorant you are: Someone who does not know, and yet does not know that he does not know.
@pchukwudi, I need not argue with you as I see that you don't know much about the civil war.

Incase you were not told about the Asaba massacre by Muritala Muhammad, I think you should go and learn about it.

Moreover, where and when did you hear of any Yoruba man killing the Igbos mercilessly during the war?

Incase you also dont know, it was only in the West that there was no report of Abandoned properties. 99.9% of the Igbos got back all their properties in the West after the war.

Also, you are quick to curse Awolowo who was benevolent enough to make the FG give 20pounds to Igbos after the war. Am sure you are one of those who believe that the Igbos left monies in the bank before they left for biafra.

Plsssssss, leave sentiment aside and think with your brain.

Reason, after the holocaust of the second world war, where the Israelis given anything to start all over again with?

Be thankful to those who saved you in time of trouble, so that.. ..... .. ... .

Who knows, if not for Awolowo who starved for grandparents and helped stop the war, you might not be here today typing all this.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by AdiscoPele: 12:28pm On May 14, 2016
Ngozi123:

I don't actually care about the rest of your post but the points that you've made here are absolute hogwash. How is it propaganda when they are merely stating facts. Even the Nigerian Government has acknowledged the death of 2 million Igbos in the war, so of course it doesn't seem far fetched to declare the real number as 3 million, given he FG's penchant for distorting the truth to fit their agenda. As for the second part of the bolded, please reveal the source that you've used that says that millions of non-Biafrans died in the Biafran War 1967-70 as that sounds like propaganda to me.

With respect to Awolowo, it is well-known that Ojukwu appreciated the man's capabilities as a leader for his people however this does not negate the fact that the man was responsible for the starvation policy that killed millions of people, mostly vulnerable children and elderly people. It is also a fact that he was the one who instigated the 20 Naira policy for all Biafrans who had bank accounts in Nigeria. These are facts and not a matter of opinion. In essence, Awolowo was a good and capable leader for his people but he was a terrible man, from an Igbo point of view, for what he did to them both in the course and aftermath of the war. I can understand why the Yorubas adore him because everything he did, he did for their benefit but you simply cannot expect the Igbos to have the same attitude.
I appreciate your sincere contributions and i wont argue with you concerning the number of deaths on the federal side since you are only concerned about the biafran 'propaganda'.

What we are trying to say is that Ojukwu new, as a senior officer in the army, before the war that millions of souls will be lost because he was ill prepared. The deaths could have been avoided.

Let me ask you a question, Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello fought for Nigerians independence right. Ahmadu Bello was killed in a coup by young Igbo soldiers, Awolowo was at the front of the situation trying to queel the civil war. Please, where was Azikiwe all through the civil war. Why didn't anyone hear of his contributions to ending the war.

Your people should stop being ungrateful to a man who stood for your fathers when there own ran away.

I have never heard any Igbo youth mention Zik or when call him a coward. That I believe is because the stories told by your elders never mentioned him, and no one has the guts to ask.

To the 20pounds issue, note that most Igbos who had accounts in Nigerian banks withdrew all their savings before going back to the east. Let your elders be sincere with you for once.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by dapsonlou(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2016
contagiousme:

Thank you bro…
awolwo……

smiley grin smiley grin

To laugh at this is a sin. lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Ngozi123(f): 2:07pm On May 14, 2016
AdiscoPele:
I appreciate your sincere contributions and i wont argue with you concerning the number of deaths on the federal side since you are only concerned about the biafran 'propaganda'.

What we are trying to say is that Ojukwu new, as a senior officer in the army, before the war that millions of souls will be lost because he was ill prepared. The deaths could have been avoided.

Let me ask you a question, Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello fought for Nigerians independence right. Ahmadu Bello was killed in a coup by young Igbo soldiers, Awolowo was at the front of the situation trying to queel the civil war. Please, where was Azikiwe all through the civil war. Why didn't anyone hear of his contributions to ending the war.

Your people should stop being ungrateful to a man who stood for your fathers when there own ran away.

I have never heard any Igbo youth mention Zik or when call him a coward. That I believe is because the stories told by your elders never mentioned him, and no one has the guts to ask.

To the 20pounds issue, note that most Igbos who had accounts in Nigerian banks withdrew all their savings before going back to the east. Let your elders be sincere with you for once.

Most of what you've said here has nothing to do with what I said in my post. Concerning the bolded, that is simply not true. Again, I have to ask you what exactly are the names of your sources? I really am intrigued as to where you're getting all of this information from. You've failed to disprove what I've said about Awolowo and Igbo perception of him.

I will also ask you to stop declaring the 3 million dead as 'propaganda' as it severely undermines the casualties suffered in that war which is distasteful, at best, and downright insulting, at worst.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 7:00pm On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:
OP, you have your some facts wrong. Gowon did not create states because Ojukwu declared Biafra, rather, it was the other way around. Ojukwu declared Biafra because after going to Ghana to negotiate a confederation with the existing 4 regions, Gowon went on to break that agreement by creating States. The 'divide and rule' started by Gowon is the same thing that the northerners use and still use to dominate Nigeria. The same true federalism which many Yorubas today say is what is best for Nigeria is what Ojukwu went to get, and got in Aburi, Ghana. But the same Yorubas and their leader Awolowo had no problem with Gowon and his fellow Northerners going back on the agreement, destroying federalism, creating States and taking away resouce control. Awolowo was all too happy to '2ic' to Gowon and protect his peoples interests. When Ojukwu declared Biafra in response, they vilified him. Till today, the same Yoruba man is looking for the same true federalism Ojukwu went to Ghana to get, and got,but has no problem calling Ojukwu a fool for not being a 'northern a$$licker' like Awolowo. All the Yoruba man knows is "we saved our selves from being killed by the Northerners by accepting one Nigeria while that stupid Ojukwu had millions of his people killed by not doing what we did". Shameful

I thank God that he created me an Igho man and didn't give me this level of cowardice

I don’t want to argue on issues,if it was gowan or ojukwu that did something first
it will be a waste of time, but there is no doubt that some of the origin of the war was the coup that killed
northern leaders and the fear of igbo domination,which led to the pogrom which eventually led to the war
because of the way it was handled by Ironsi.

If you argue that then you need to read more.

google :northan leaders demands after the coup

http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/70.htm

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 7:15pm On May 14, 2016
Kingspin:
The op is the greatest hater of our century. Who dislike Ojukwu because his braveness,achievements and nothing more. Your forefathers dead, born and yet unborn will never ever match Ojukwu records. So you better swallow your pride, Ojukwu is a legend Nigeria will not meet his like again in life.

for your information,it is so convenient to be brave when other peoples life is on the line
but i disagree that courage is when you pack you belongings and run when the war that
you stated come to your door step after you’ve sent millions to their grave.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Kingspin(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2016
infoispower:

for your information,it is so convenient to be brave when other peoples life is on the line
but i disagree that courage is when you pack you belongings and run when the war that
you stated come to your door step after you’ve sent millions to their grave.
Ojukwu has a million reasons to go for the war because of the high level of provocation as of the time. And what led to Nigerian civil war is still with us. Sending millions to their grave, I think Nigeria would have let them go simple.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 7:33pm On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:

I don’t want to argue on issues,if it was gowan or ojukwu that did something first
it will be a waste of time,all your answers are in this book: Ralph uwuchie,
"reflections of the nigerian civil war"
But there is no doubt that some of the origin of the war was the coup that killed
northern leaders and the fear of igbo domination,which led to the pogrom which eventually led to the war
because of the way it was handled by Ironsi.

If you argue that then you need to read more reading

google :northan leaders demands after the coup

http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/70.htm

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 7:48pm On May 14, 2016
Kingspin:
Ojukwu has a million reasons to go for the war because of the high level of provocation as of the time. And what led to Nigerian civil war is still with us. Sending millions to their grave, I think Nigeria would have let them go simple.

origin is always important:
Ironsi promulgated Decree Number 34 of 1966, which abrogated the federal system of government and substituted a unitary system; ...

aguiyi ironsi failed to put the arrested coup plotters to death after the killing of
northern leaders,these reasons and others further fueled suspicion by the
northerners that igbos do really want to take over,thats the reason for the pogrom which eventually led to the war

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by infoispower: 7:50pm On May 14, 2016
pchukwudi:

Buy this book :Ralph uwuchie, "reflections of the nigerian civil war"
he is an insider he fought with biafra till the end.
google this quote:”the biafran masses, enslaved by an extremely efficient propaganda network and cowed by
the iron grip of ruthless military machine had neither the facts or the liberty to form an independent opinion.
the case of the elite was different…those who had access to the facts knew that the time had come to seek a realistic
way to end the war …. in private they expressed this view but proved to cowardly to take a stand and tell ojukwu the
truth"un quote.

http://thenationonlineng.net/genocide-biafran-culpability-and-achebes-impressions/
https://peccaviconsulting./2015/08/04/biafra-strategic-military-lessons-from-the-civil-war-1/

biafra had effective propaganda system and stories which majority of people still believe till present

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by Ariani: 8:18pm On May 14, 2016
infoispower:

Buy this book :Ralph uwuchie, "reflections of the nigerian civil war"
he is an insider he fought with biafra till the end.
google this quote:”the biafran masses, enslaved by an extremely efficient propaganda network and cowed by
the iron grip of ruthless military machine had neither the facts or the liberty to form an independent opinion.
the case of the elite was different…those who had access to the facts knew that the time had come to seek a realistic
way to end the war …. in private they expressed this view but proved to cowardly to take a stand and tell ojukwu the
truth"un quote.

http://thenationonlineng.net/genocide-biafran-culpability-and-achebes-impressions/
https://peccaviconsulting./2015/08/04/biafra-strategic-military-lessons-from-the-civil-war-1/

biafra had effective propaganda system and stories which majority of people still believe till present

Trash! Uwaechue is entitled to his own opinions, but hardly are his opinions facts.

Unless you tell me you are now to believe everything Uwaechue says, cause he said lots of other things I know that you won't accept.

Ojukwu couldn't afford to be a tyrant. He had not the wherewithal to be such, Biafran was lacking in weapons, all she had working for het was the patriotism of her people that were willing to die for her.
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by PenSniper: 8:45pm On May 14, 2016
Themonster:
lalasticlala obinoscopy Mynd44
Why won't you guys take down this thread and sanction the op

They are not rash, myopic and primitive like you and your ilks.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by meccuno: 8:54pm On May 14, 2016
contagiousme:

when okoro’s they chop Ofe owerri soup under Jonathan they jolly,then one nigeria good for the okras

Yeo,Okoro,Nna. how many times i call you!!! ? 3 times

wink grin wink grin
let's assume that these nonsense that you wrote is actually true. The igbos were never to be seen in power after 1970. So are the other tribes that ruled so dumb that they couldn't overturn what these "nna" people did? More than 50 years has passed and you come up with these very ridiculous yarns. I wonder what stories you would tell your kids
Re: Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century by PenSniper: 9:04pm On May 14, 2016
gidgiddy:
OP, you have your some facts wrong. Gowon did not create states because Ojukwu declared Biafra, rather, it was the other way around. Ojukwu declared Biafra because after going to Ghana to negotiate a confederation with the existing 4 regions, Gowon went on to break that agreement by creating States. The 'divide and rule' started by Gowon is the same thing that the northerners use and still use to dominate Nigeria. The same true federalism which many Yorubas today say is
what is best for Nigeria is what Ojukwu went to get, and got in Aburi, Ghana. But the same Yorubas and their leader Awolowo had no
problem with Gowon and his fellow Northerners going back on the agreement, destroying federalism, creating States and taking away resouce control.
Awolowo was all too happy to '2ic' to Gowon and protect his peoples interests. When Ojukwu declared Biafra in response, they vilified him. Till today, the same Yoruba man is looking for the same true federalism Ojukwu went to Ghana to get, and got,but has no problem calling Ojukwu a fool for not being a
'northern a$$licker' like Awolowo. All the Yoruba man knows is "we saved our selves from being killed by the Northerners by accepting

one Nigeria while that stupid Ojukwu had millions of his people killed by not doing what we did". Shameful

You spoke out of sheer ignorance or hypocrisy.

Your igbo leader, Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi, destroyed federalism and regionalism with a decree and not Gowon.

From time immemorial uptil 1979, another boot-leaking leader of yours, Nnamdi Azikiwe, was always willing to play the second fiddle to the northern oligarchy for filthy lucre and to the detriment of his own people.
Consult records for facts and stop dishing out trash and fables.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

And This Was All Saraki Could Offer Atiku In Kwara State (PHOTOS) / Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali / Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.