Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase (18311 Views)

NNPC Scandal: PENGASSAN, NUPENG Pledge Support for Baru (Photos) / BREAKING: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase / Buhari Receives Officials Of NUPENG And PENGASSAN At State House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by berrystunn(m): 12:58am On May 14, 2016
[quote author=lilyaustine10 post=45599817][/quote]

If only you can.ask buhari the above questions
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Wadasco(m): 1:16am On May 14, 2016
after all what do you expect to hear from them?

this ain't a new story..
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 1:30am On May 14, 2016
pengassan and nupeng are umbrella bodies for oil and gas employees
they know EXACTLY what is going on in the oil and gas sector.

in 2012, it was clear that we had a buffoon who had allowed a subsidy program to balloon by over 300% because he wanted to satisfy his cronies
in 2016, it is clear we have a nation in hard times which require even harder measures

5 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by TGM2015: 2:49am On May 14, 2016
Segadem:
Where is occupy Nigeria?
Why is it that South West is the determinant of major things that happen in Nigeria? I said if southwest do not support the protest, if any other region go ahead, FG will not take them serious
Don't joke with SW on politics and economy influence. Majority of them are are highly intelligent and knowledgeable. You see as den dey prostrate for OBJ and still referencing Awolowo on education.
There is no reason to occupy Nigeria for the latest fuel ⛽ price increase as there is enough consultation and this was what the stakeholders pushed for.
What we need to push for now is renegotiation of minimum wages, revitalization of our refineries and commencement of work by over 20 licensed oil firms, and community support for FG to combat Niger Delta militancy and BH.
GEJ do not make consultation before he announced the removal of subsidy then but the recent fuel price increase announcement was immediately after the last meetings of stakeholders including NASS, NLC, TUC, etc.

5 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by hausameat: 3:16am On May 14, 2016
majekdom2:
leadership skills are very essential. They come with training and loads of experience. Like I said to someone- methodology, approach and execution is very important in driving results. GEJ removed subsidy when the budget was yet to be signed for that year, just after the yelutide celebrations, there was no known meeting whatsoever. I think that was where he failed. We can both want to deliver same result but my methodology and approach determines if I would be able to convince my audience.
thrash
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by bakila: 3:59am On May 14, 2016
mkoabiola:
Once chance govt
ONCE chance comment.

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by cole265(m): 4:44am On May 14, 2016
adajiboyy:
Lolssss I can only but laugh but in me am boiling with anger and am ashamed to be called a nigerian. hypocrisy has divided this country. u mean under GEJ this was bad and devilish but under buhari its acceptable? Gosh nigeria is gone, only God can redeem this country.buhari I don't like u,I didt vote for u but I wish u the best and may God give you wisdom to rule us.

It is called credibly! GEJ lacks it
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by cole265(m): 4:54am On May 14, 2016
stagger:
At least Buhari did something Jonathan did not do: buy off the unions before making such announcements.

The most sensible comments are simple, short and to the point. Thank you.
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by temodent(m): 5:14am On May 14, 2016
adajiboyy:
Lolssss I can only but laugh but in me am boiling with anger and am ashamed to be called a nigerian. hypocrisy has divided this country. u mean under GEJ this was bad and devilish but under buhari its acceptable? Gosh nigeria is gone, only God can redeem this country.buhari I don't like u,I didt vote for u but I wish u the best and may God give you wisdom to rule us.

You are simply misinformed or failed to read between the lines. The difference is that there are considerable level of trust and sincerity from the leadership, hence the ability of those union to agree with Government and simply tag along. Sure no inducement. The difference between the former and the later.

1 Like

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by greatman247(m): 5:16am On May 14, 2016
The oil Unions have spoken. NLC should go and sit down and be calm. To everyone saying subsidy removal under GEJ was rejected and accepted under Buhari thereby calling those people hypocrites. Well I know GEJ was absolutely right and meant well during that period and most persons were brain washed then and only few persons were this perceived hypocrites. I mean the real hypocrites were those people around GEJ. They were so corrupt and thereby making the citizens of Nigerians not to trust them at all. The people don't trust GEJ with the policy of subsidy removal not because GEJ was a bad man, he actually meant so well for Nigerian Citizens but the people around him were thieves that people don't trust. They trust Buhari now that's why the policy of subsidy removal sailed through. If NLC stage any protest on subsidy removal now it won't hold any water cos the people don't believe them anymore. They deceived the people for so long. We know better now. I think NLC should concentrate more on putting pressure on govt to increase salaries to N56,000 or even more, something like N100,000. Its high time, they push for this. I know FG will still upwardly review the salary structure away from N18,000 but don't know exactly how much it will be but higher. If nothing like this happens. If NLC stage protest then the people will support them. It should be give and take situation so govt must increase the salary of workers now that they have increase fuel price to N145.

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Toks2008(m): 6:43am On May 14, 2016
adajiboyy:

it is a common knowledge ha a barrel of cude sold so well for 90 to ocer 100 naira in the days of GEJ so there was excess crude profis to service subsidy payment unlike now that it is sold between 30 to 40naira

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Tokt: 6:49am On May 14, 2016
BAILMONEY:
THEIR BROTHER IS THE VICE PRESIDENT NOW undecided ITS COMMON SENSICAL

Very foolish post and it proves the fact that u know nothing about the SW. When their brother was the President, where did his greatest criticism come from?

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by menxer: 6:50am On May 14, 2016
Segadem:
Where is occupy Nigeria?
Why is it that South West is the determinant of major things that happen in Nigeria? I said if southwest do not support the protest, if any other region go ahead, FG will not take them serious

Hahahahahahaha

Nigeria is already occupied, with (wo)men who are ready and are backing up their words with actions for a better tomorrow.

Sensible people always know/recognize the truth once confronted with it.

The only place still unoccupied is the Lagoon.
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by menxer: 7:00am On May 14, 2016
stagger:
At least Buhari did something Jonathan did not do: buy off the unions before making such announcements.

Yes, he sure bought them over with sincerity, trust and political will to do the talk.

He bought me over long before now.

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by iyerikan12: 7:13am On May 14, 2016
May God punish any body that wants a common man to suffer
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 7:20am On May 14, 2016
Bunch of heartless diabolic demons!
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 7:53am On May 14, 2016
hausameat:
thrash
sorry, the post is beyond your comprehension and intelligence.
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 8:11am On May 14, 2016
adajiboyy:
I hav seen wat d VP said,but bruv my question and angle of reasoning is y wen it was GEJ dis guys demonised him,made every one see him as bad and a wicked leader,they even sponsored many rallies, u know people died rite cus of that struggle? Anyway GEJ is not my family am from AGATU he is from OTUEKE neither buhari who is from DAURA, but until u and I resist the lies of this useless old men from pdp ooo to apc ooo they would always play on our intelligence. cheers

The reason PMB does what GEJ could not do is Trust.

Trust. Let me repeat that again.

1. When GEJ made his pronouncement oil was at $110 and no one could see the benefits. Now oil is at $40 and everyone can see the sufferings.

2. Second, GEJ announced palliatives for the vulnerable AFTER the protest began while PMB had his in place before the budget was released.

3. Third, GEJ pronounced his just as the scandal of Stella Oduah's armoured cars was lighting up Nigeria, PMB broke his after numerous people are in detention for corruption and while away at a widely publicized anti corruption meeting.

4. Fourth, GEJ framed price increase in terms of removal of subsidy while PMB framed his in terms of scarcity of foreign exchange and

5. Finally, GEJ announced with no support from the critical oil unions while PMB had already gained the report of the two most powerful unions - NUPENG and PENGASSAN

I have omitted the fact that PMB has taken steps to repair local refinery and ensure 40m litres per day whole under GEJ the local refineries were dead.

Please see this pic below from occupy Nigeria UK rally. It's all about Trust and believability not economics.

Caveat: I voted for PMB

Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by BetaThings: 8:51am On May 14, 2016
adajiboyy:

I like your attitude
I supported Buhari and was against the subsidy removal under Jonathan
But now
It will be hypocrisy to support subsidy removal
However
Buhari does not seem to have much of a choice
Oil price is low and he is losing quantity to ND Avengers
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by BetaThings: 8:55am On May 14, 2016
Segadem:
Where is occupy Nigeria?

Lagos, not South West!
The main newspapers and Tv stations are there
But are not owned by Yorubas

ThisDay, Vanguard, Guardian, BusinessDay are owned by SS and SE people
Channels, AIT, SilverBord, Superscreen are owned by SS people
Re: NUPENG And PENGASSAN Support Petrol Price Increase by lukency(m): 10:06am On May 14, 2016
Great!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / Lagos State Environmentalist Complains About Quilox Again / Lagos Police Arrest "One-Chance" Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.