Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

"Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu (17884 Views)

Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu / Orji Uzor-Kalu Hosts James Entwistle And Family At His Residence In Abuja. Photo / Nicole And Olivia Orji Uzor-Kalu's Birthday Party In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by verifielive: 4:04am On May 14, 2016
Former governor of Abia state, Orji Uzor Kalu has accused Nigerian governors of squandering their state funds on frivolities and personal luxury. Speaking to the State House Correspondents at the presidential villa in Abuja after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, Orji spoke against the recent demands from state governors to the FG for more funds, adding that the states had enough money to enable them carry out their statutory duties optimally.

Kalu hinted that state governors had a habit of earmarking N35 million for travel allowance and dipping their hands into the state security vote for personal use.

In his words;

[b]“I think most of these governors are doing very well and some of them also are living in the euphoria of the office.You can see most of them who are very active, I don’t need to count them for you. The issue of crying for fund, honestly, in my opinion, these governors have enough fund to work for their people because if you check, the money drawn as security vote is excessive. They should stop that.

Unless they stop drawing on security vote they will not have enough fund to work with and most of them are living in absolute luxury, which is not their money that they worked out for. So it is impossible to continue living in this manner. Most of the governors are even living in Abuja now, they don’t even live in their states, honestly. If you look at the books very well, in each trip they make, they will take travel allowance of N35 million, which is un-heard of.

What are you going to do with that. So, how are we going to progress. Not all the governors. I have gone through Rivers, I see that Rivers is hitting the ground. I have gone through Adamawa and I see Adamawa is hitting the ground. I have gone through few more states, they are hitting the ground, they are working. I don’t speak with sentiments. I don’t speak for anybody. You can see those who are working and those who are not working. Let them sit down and do the job they are elected for.”[/b]

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/governors-spend-n35-million-per-trip-orji-uzor-kalu/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by chriskosherbal(m): 4:07am On May 14, 2016
The government at all levels should endeavour to put the people first before anything.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by amtaken(f): 4:12am On May 14, 2016
Even Orji Uzor Kalu who did absolutely NOTHING for Abia State when he was a Governor for 8 good years has the guts to talk now.

Shut up Kalu! You have no moral justification to advise any Governor. You were worse!

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 4:15am On May 14, 2016
Says the man who did nothing while he was governor.

I honestly do not understand how this man's opinion has suddenly become useful.

continuuuu....

25 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by 989900: 5:30am On May 14, 2016

Take the message.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by kossyablaze(m): 6:53am On May 14, 2016
nwanna89:
Says the man who did nothing while he was governor.

I honestly do not understand how this man's opinion has suddenly become useful.

continuuuu....
seconded

3 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by kuuljay(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2016
Take the message and digest,deal with the messenger later!!!

21 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by modath(f): 7:04am On May 14, 2016
The message people!! cool

The messanger? Of no consequence!!

4 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by malton: 7:05am On May 14, 2016
Nigerian politicians: always doing their utmost to out-celeb celebrities.

They live like kings and queens while taxpayers feed off of the crumbs!

We have really elevated mediocrity in this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by babyfaceafrica: 7:06am On May 14, 2016
Is this suppose to be news?..we know all politheficians are the same..whether councillor or governor
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:28am On May 14, 2016
Children who were even being spoon fed during Orji Kalu's first term are just spewing nonsense.

Pray tell me, a better governor and manager than Kalu 1999 - 2003. We know his ambition for Presidency did much harm than good to Abia State in his second term, when OBJ refused to return Abia Oil wells from Rivers State, ceasing State allocation in the name of servicing debt incurred from Old Imo State and Orji's lack of concentration leading to her mother being a nuisance to governance.

If I were to judge him by his first term in office, he was simply excellent, the Governor with a vision that knows how to execute it.

14 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by hresso: 9:23am On May 14, 2016
They should keep on spending/wasting
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by kings09(m): 9:23am On May 14, 2016
No wonder Lie mohammed wntd 2 travel...sory...collect his own share grin

1 Like

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by tayo200(m): 9:24am On May 14, 2016
if barca no collect league today, block me
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:26am On May 14, 2016
Start from lie Muhammed who can't give the public an answer on how he arrived at his foreign trip package yet he wants to spend the public's fund. By the time its 2018 Nigerians will understand all these abacradabra na real scam

2 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by youngeagle(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2016
Every good Nigerian should condemn this,imagine using that money to start a low housing estate it will surely go a long way

1 Like

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by Nature129(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2016
Kalu is a good example of pot calling kettle black.
Nigerian politicians become saints immediately they leave office eg Orji Kalu and Obasanjo

6 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by tayo200(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2016
...mehn...dt money plenty o..e fit feed our whole neighbourhood

1 Like

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by shugaboy6102(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2016
The messanger is as corrupt as the governors.u did ntn in Abia state for good eight years.

2 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by tuna4servi(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2016
Madness of the highest oda
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by yungest(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2016
#35mil....okay noted.....so these men da use money were fit build better house tk da stroll.....

politics mood activated..
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by missionmex(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
Who is clean in this country?
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by Isoni(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
Saint Kalu welldone

1 Like

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by jaywhoco(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
This guy just dey miss allocation from oil money. Psssssssst
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by repogirl(f): 9:39am On May 14, 2016
They learnt from you, Sir.

You taught them very well by setting a great antecedent which they hope to surpass.

3 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by omenka(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2016
Something is fundamentally wrong with our system of government/governance. There is just about no mechanism for checks and balances to mitigate the excesses of our elected/appointed public officials.

Besides investigation and prosecution of corrupt officials, this is another area I'd like the government to make radical change in- prevention of theft.

Work towards putting such a system in place where all payments for government businesses that involve drawing monies from the public coffers (salaries, allowances, estacodes, etc) are done based on the minimum wage. Public officials should be forbidden from receiving payments over a certain modest percentage of minimum wage for all businesses conducted on behalf of government- anything above which one would pay dearly with time in jail and forfeiture of monies collected, with interest!! angry

Haba, these guys wan cripple this country?? Even Lai sef is caught doing same. I was so disappointed in him and commend whoever it was that leaked that shameful memo.

4 Likes

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by DWJOBScom(m): 9:43am On May 14, 2016
Finally somebody is saying or calling out the truth.

it's not enough to fund that private holiday or pay for a house in London or take care of all their mistresses and their wives' too.
it's not enough to forment enough trouble for reelection or fund the needed thugs .

they all the same - out to steal and celebrate mediocrity

1 Like

Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by obaival(m): 9:45am On May 14, 2016
Who's money sad
Re: "Governors Spend N35Million In A Trip" - Orji-Uzor Kalu by hisgrace090: 9:47am On May 14, 2016
Those who have ear let them hear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Shekarau Receives His APC Membership Card / Saraki Donates Severance Allowance To Leah Sharibu’s Family, Others / PDP Committee On Emergence Of Elumelu As Minority Leader Most Corrupt; Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.