Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC (58806 Views)

Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Photos Of Ibe Kachikwu At The House Of Representatives Over The Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Praktikals(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

How can $3.5bn in 1999 be greater than $30bn in 2015? Do you think $ is naira?

Now let's do a little maths,
$3.5bn in 1999 was 3.5bn x 22 (official exchange rate ) = N77bn

$30bn in 2015 would be 30bn × 199 (official exchange rate) = N5.97 trillion naira.

What else are you talking about mate?
Time value of money is calculated using interest rates and not "official $ rate".
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:47pm On May 14, 2016
Obere4u:

Price of oil was $16 per barrel during OBJ regime and the increased to about $32 per barrel

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://ends.ng/umaru-musa-yaradua-the-legacy-of-a-president/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiuouSPg9rMAhVFBsAKHa1TDMsQFggLMAA&sig2=af_bTUp41JbFjFfaTAeB_Q&usg=AFQjCNGCTf5E8Bk3QikQz-adY7WQ2UR6qw

When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/asking-account-abachas-loot-stupid-obasanjo/
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2016
jpphilips:

oil price at $9?? kids

A little reading can save you some embarrassment. Oil sold below $9 per barrel in Oct 2008 and was $9 when OBJ came in. O j himself even confirmed that recently

"When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing".

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/asking-account-abachas-loot-stupid-obasanjo/
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.

What has these crop of new politicians sacrificed for you? Keep sacrificing till you sacrifice your life.

When will people become reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Praktikals(m): 8:52pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

How can $3.5bn in 1999 be greater than $30bn in 2015? Do you think $ is naira?
why not use a more recent past (IB's tenure)
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by MrAboki: 8:56pm On May 14, 2016
LaExpert:

Empty treasury you say?

PMB met $29.1bn on May 29th 2015, he has successfully made it $27bn in less than one year.

What else do you want?

You guys don't need to ask questions.

Just bring out the details and facts and we can compare.

By the way, the bold statement make no real sense.

Google time value of money and tell me again that it makes no sense to you.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Jesusloveyou post=45612609][/quote]

You can't even quote correctly on NL. What a shame! Thus buhari's body odour migh choke you to oblivion.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ehissi(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

It was 22 when Obj came to power and 199 now.

And that is official rate!! Parallel is #360 and only Buhari's daughter and their league of firends get access to official rate!!

Meanwhile: abeg who get tomatoes their abeg!! Too much Tatshey don dey turn my belle.......
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2016
AyodejiGREAT:
Wailer Vs Zombie thread

I'm outta here

Foolish people

One way or the other, you are "TECHNICALLY" either a wailler or a Zombie. You just haven't accepted it yet.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by steveyoungwealth: 9:10pm On May 14, 2016
You re right oh! We re witnessing the change, common man no fit buy rice chop again cos a bag of rice is now #16,500, every is vry costly. Tomato na xbit now
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by arresa: 9:12pm On May 14, 2016
[s]
ehissi:

I vividly remember that when President Buhari was sworn into office in far less than 2 months, our refineries were all on stream.
Lai Mohammed attributed this development to Mr President. When Mr President was asked in an exclusive interview how he got the refineries to work; he humbly admitted that he did nothing, that he was still operating within the confines of the last budget.

It was at this point the Lai Muhammed attributed the state of the refineries to the "Body Language" of Mr President. So don't even bring that up. All of our refineries as at now aren't in order; except you want to call Kaichukwu a liar. By his own assertion we are facing the worst scarcity of fuel in over a decade, only 3 refineries are working and even at that below full capacity.

Kareto is sound proof that government lied about Boko-Haram's military capacity. For 10 full hours, Boko-haram leveled 113Battallion in kareto and kept a combined team of the army, Air Force, navy, counter terrorism units of the police and special forces of the Nigerian immigration in the theatre of war.

A militant group that has been crushed and has capacity to hit only "soft targets" doesn't do that.

As for the cases in court, if truly their trials are not gross ineptitude and corruption, why is Dasuki on trial for the diversion of #25billion - a mere $80million when Buhari told the whole world that his arch nemesis stole $2.1billion, a whooping #413.7billion at official rate.?? What of the remaining $2.02Billion.??

Also why has DSS refused to produce Dasuki to face charges for a case prosecuted by EFCC but investigated by DSS?

Why did Rotimi Jacobs -EFCC lead prosecutor handling Buhari's trial - file for a secret trial when Buhari was called to present his defense in court and when the judge refused, decided to really busy prosecuting other cases??

Has it even occurred to you that CCT doesn't even have the power to send Saraki to jail??

Corruption has been dealt with, and looters are out of the system, leakages have been plugged but there is hardship in the land? Explain if you can??

[/s]

1. Our refineries getting maintained and receiving attention unlike 16 years of failed, corrupt and incompetent PDP is a fact.

2. The fact that the NSA is no longer stealing and sharing our money is a fact.

3. Our money no longer funding spiritual prayers like under GEJ is a fact.

4. Our stolen funds stashed away and getting returned to serve our needs is a fact.

5. GEJ and his service chiefs looting $15 billion military funds while our troops die on the battle field is a fact.

6. Stolen Billions recovered from GEJ administration and his service chiefs is a fact.

7. GEJ stealing and giving our money to Metuh for presidential assignment is a fact.

8. Direct funding of the 2nd Niger bridge under the current administration after 16 years of PDP lies and deception is a fact.

9. Lagos calabar rail system funding and construction with thousands of jobs and economic injection under this less than a year administration is a fact.

10. Lagos ibadan express funding and construction under this less than a year administration is a fact...unlike 16 wasted years under the PDP and useless and incompetent jona.

11. Lagos kano rail line is on track to be comppleted with full funding by this less than a year government and this is a fact.

12. Nigeria shining and getting well deserved respect on the world stage unlike worthless and corrupt Jona is a fact..

13. N3 trillion savings under this less than a year government is a fact.

14..Your opinion regarding Dasuki and other crooks on trial for crimes against the people if Nigeria which you are part of is just your own jundiced opinion. Fact remains that they are on trial and not in any possition to loot and share our money again.

15. Unlike under GEJ when boko haram and terrorists took over our territory, our troops flushing them off our land regardless their suicide bombers slipping in every now and then to kill Nigerians is a fact.

Again, we've gained so much under this less than a year administration than 16 years of crooked, corrupt and incompetent PDP and jona.

I debate facts, rational and thoughtful reasoning and never misguided, irrational and half baked opinions like yours..

Byw, stealing is now corruption..
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Ovamboland(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

So, what are you guys on about?

And was OBJ able to clear the debts and build up the foreign reserves within 12 months of his 8 year tenure?
What was the recurrent expenditure in 1999 compared to 2015?
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
At sunnybobo. What he had achieved with empty treasurer . You need to be schooled .

Define empty please maybe we can ask for a refund from your English teacher.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by LaExpert: 9:19pm On May 14, 2016
MrAboki:

Google time value of money and tell me again that it makes no sense to you.

Your statement was;

"What was tothe time value of money between 1999 and
2016?"

Yes, it makes no real sense!
Which money are we talking about?! At which rates?!

Value of naira?
External reserve?
Earnings from sales of crude oil?

You probably don't know the simplest part of finance; the concept or application of time value of money.

Common sense will tell you the time value of money only relates to the investment capacity or attribute of money.
A realistic opinion would have been the price indices, purchasing power of money and/or inflation rates.

Get your finance materials and stop behaving like one MrAboki!
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by afanide: 9:21pm On May 14, 2016
amaechi1:
What brought the hunger? This government or past government or failure to plan when we had plenty?

So the Minister of Transport 'amaechi' is on Nairaland :-/
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by LaExpert: 9:24pm On May 14, 2016
steveyoungwealth:
You re right oh! We re witnessing the change, common man no fit buy rice chop again cos a bag of rice is now #16,500, every is vry costly. Tomato na xbit now

Abeg, where them dey sell bag of rice #16500?

I wan begin dey sell...na 23K be the minimum price for my area. cheesy
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by guyla: 9:24pm On May 14, 2016
lies! lies!! , the only reason you are not protesting is because you know Buhari is wont tolerate your wahala like GEJ will. if you dare carry placard outside your room, hmm your fate might be worse than that of Kanu
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2016
omokab:
sunnybobo is u that your lecturer suppose to withdraw back your certificate fir this unknown analysis you did. What do you know about time value of money? Comparing the value of money today with over 10 years is a failure on your side. Definitely you are not a student economics or financial management. Still talking about inflation do you know how to measure in term of comparism? There are so many factors and calculations which time and space will not allow me to mention here because you can't even understand it. But the little one you can understand is that, exchange rate(official) is still maintain at 198-199 which is the rate at which jonathan government sold crude oil at international market and the price of crude oil have dropped drastically in international mkt so the income to be generated between the two can never be the same and the cost of spending due to the time value of money,inflation rate, cost of maintainance, cost of purchase some items especially the one from abroad, management cost, cost of bringing goods from abroad and cost of transportation etc. What the govt need to do is to look inwards the program that will favour the economy by using its fiscal and monetary policy that will bring back the economy. An economy that will not favour micro,small and medium term enterprises together with encouraging private investor will never grow. Pls don't compare baba regime with this government because is yaradua and jonathan regime that suppose to continue where obasanjo stopped but finished our treasury by encouraging corruption all over the country. We are reaping from their bad economy policy that favour only the rich while poor continue poorer.

I hope you will stick out the same defense two years from now. Naira Devaluation is on the way.
Obj just affirmed by trying so hard to white wash the carcass in the tomb by saying "buhari is not hot in economic and foreign policies"
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nortcentrallord(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2016
MrAboki:

What was the benchmark price of oil when Obasanjo came into power?

How much was minimum wage?

What was the dollar exchanging to the Naira for?

What was the pump price of PMS?

How much was the FG paying for Subsidy?

What was the highest price of crude between 1999 - 2007?

grin

What was to time value of money between 1999 and 2016?

With your likes, even if you are given the exam question and answers two weeks to the exams, you will still fail fantastically.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Mutuwa(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2016
ahmedisah:

YES, you go school.....

Hahahahahah!
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by kenoz(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2016
grin
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ekpnigeria: 10:15pm On May 14, 2016
Buhari loyalist are ashamed of themselves. I have many of them around me. one came to me today and said he spent N11,000.00 to fill his car tank and another N3,600 for 25 litre keg. I SIMPLY ASK HIM TO GET OUT. others are suffering and smiling because Buhari is a genius to them
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by GENTLETEE(m): 10:56pm On May 14, 2016
I agree jare!
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nathafos: 11:12pm On May 14, 2016
I fully agree
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Jerryolumide(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

They believe what their clueless president told them...
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by jojosweet(f): 11:26pm On May 14, 2016
The shame is the biggest reason especially for the #istandforbuhari#warrior.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by aubventure: 11:27pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
At aubventure. You can say what ever you like about the present government or APC.this is the best governance we av had in decades .
failure is best to you. OK since this is the government ever let everything in your life go them same way Nigeria economy is going. Amen
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by citizenY(m): 2:18am On May 15, 2016
aljharem:
grin

it is only a fully functional person that can protest.

"The soul is willing but the body is weak."

"An army moves on its stomach"

The strike should start from Ekiti, stomach infrastructure dey there. Fayose....reading in copy should do the needful.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by jonahjegs(m): 4:35am On May 15, 2016
Removal of subsidies is a good thing if instead of subsidising petrol imported from other countries, we try to make our refineries work and also diverting this monies to subsidise transportation and build better roads and also subsidise the agricultural sector.
The previous administration stole $15bn to finance their campaign for last years election, this is the major reason we will always campaign against a GEJ administration removal of petroleum subsidies because we all know looters will loot d money saved. My opinion..
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by just2okworld(f): 4:49am On May 15, 2016
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.
On point!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Nobody: 6:27am On May 15, 2016
Lol
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by henrysam(m): 7:40am On May 15, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Meanwhile obasanjo did not blame the previous government.
It's ineffectiveness that makes one blame others for his failure. APC is a failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / 'Buhari Has Dementia?' - Prof Kperogi As PMB Hands Over Flag To 'Governortorial'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.