Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 (591 Views)

Asari Dokubo Laughs At Buhari: "Rat Sent By God To Chase Buhari Like Pharaoh" / Classic 1974 Cartoon That Shows Nigeria Has Not 'changed' / Femi Aribisala SAYS Buhari Has Not Changed, He Needs To Change - (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by udumosam23(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2016
As I meditate over today's devotion, I cannot help but think aloud.

Transformation, a word so neglected I believed conveyed a better meaning than the word change. It depicts developmental or progressive change, often use in a positive sense to portray something or somebody that has improved or is improving in quality without loosing its very essence.

Change in the other hand can be deceitful, like a hypocrite it can be used both ways, but most often used in a negative way.

In the bible for instance, the word change ( in its verb form. Not noun or adjective) is mentioned 26 times. 5 times in the new testament and 21 times in the old. Most of the times the word is used when God will instruct or rebuke.

It was only in one occasion that the God used the word in reference to himself. I am the Lord I CHANGE not. Mal 3:6.

I can relate with the Apostle Paul as he speaks of his transformation. Its like I'm saying, I was a bad person, but God has transformed me to a better person.

It would have been easy to say God has changed me, but the word change is ambiguous. Ive seen much about it in later times. The act of a man becoming a woman or vis a viz, the state of our nation from once a peaceful and united nation, the state of our educational, political, economic and religious system. Yes it goes on and on. Indeed so many things and a few people have changed.

Even though it true that I have or can change, if I'm giving (another) opportunity to choose between words, I'll choose TRANFORMATION over CHANGE. I'll like it when it is said of me "God has really transformed that man" instead of that man has changed.

I believe we didn't just change to become who we are today, there was a process that gradually brought us to this level, if we must be better, there will be a process that will take us to that level. That process is not CHANGE it can only lead to change.

I have made a mistake as a person, and the mistake was to clamour for change without considering the process, for the process determine the end product.

Fellow Nigerians I beg you in the name of God, repent from trying to change, and submit to the spirit of God which will transform you to a better person.

Transformed by God, not Changed.
Re: Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by happen2: 10:05am On May 14, 2016
I am transformed by God and I'm change person now. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah .Amen. grin

1 Like

Re: Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by Dmano: 11:30am On May 14, 2016
Op u make a whole lot of sense here God blessed u
Re: Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by udumosam23(m): 12:20pm On May 14, 2016
Dmano:
Op u make a whole lot of sense here God blessed u

Thanks
Re: Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by banki(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2016
Stop using Christianity for cheap politics is irritates me....

Be you apc or pdp stop ridiculing the Christendom for your blind support for politicians, I don't care what party you belong now that fuel crisis has hit all of us is there any change or transformation, when the pdp was looting our treasury and sharing money's meant to fight Boko haram was it change or transformation...
When they earned so much and couldn't save why didn't you come here and quote bible....

Please keep politics away from religion

1 Like

Re: Transformed By God, Not "Changed". Gal 1:11-26 by udumosam23(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2016
banki:
Stop using Christianity for cheap politics is irritates me....

Be you apc or pdp stop ridiculing the Christendom for your blind support for politicians, I don't care what party you belong now that fuel crisis has hit all of us is there any change or transformation, when the pdp was looting our treasury and sharing money's meant to fight Boko haram was it change or transformation...
When they earned so much and couldn't save why didn't you come here and quote bible....

Please keep politics away from religion

You see why people are still where they are? My message was simple, lifted from this morning devotional book ( daily guide).

I just chooses words that are convienent for me, and all you could see with your biased mind is partisan politics.

I do not belong to any party check my signature and comments so far. I just dropped a simple message.

Change is not what we need now. Let me put it in your English. We need policy reforms, lives transformation, economic diversifications and political stratifications. These will lead us through a process of revolutions/resolutions that will eventually bring about the expected change.

And permit me to add, promising and expecting change now is like asking for a degree certificate when you've not attended a college, it tantamounts to corruption in itself.

(1) (Reply)

Historical perspective to The Fulani National Grazing Bill / ECOWAS Court Gives FG 24 Hrs To Justify Dasuki’s Detention / Six Of My Colleagues Dead, Says Rescued Chibok Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.