Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Post &tag - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post &tag (1639 Views)

Pastor Release Price Tag For Services He Renders / Removing A Muslim Tag From My Moniker / (photo) COZA Pastor Wearing A Dog-tag During Service. What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post &tag by Nobody: 10:34am On May 14, 2016
The scripture is an accurate compass given to us, the believers by our Creator to guide and lead us in our daily activities on planet earth. Every ugly situation has its answer and solution in the scripture.

Many times we feel Gpd is quiet over an ugly situation in our lives, but we are the ones, searching for the answers in the wrong places.
You can't say God is quiet why your bible is closed.

Lets play a game; Post your favourite scriptures(minimum of 3,maximum of 5)
Tag another Nairalander, to post his/hers.
Somebody might post a scripture that will give you a solution to that problem. Also expose us to more of His words and commands.

mine are; Proverb 10:2. Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, but righteousness delivereth from death.

James1:3 , Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience

Proverb 12:4, A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband,but she that maketh ashamed is a rotteness to his bones.
Psalms 51:8(I love reading the whole of psalm 51,but i will pick out verse cool Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bone which thou has broken might rejoice.

Cc :Donbenedict
Cc: Lanicky

1 Like

Re: Post &tag by lanicky(f): 12:13pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks Ada.

My favorite bible passages are:

Proverb 14 vs 24
The crown of the wise is their wisdom, but folly is the garland of fools.

Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.

Cc: Laveda
Skarlett

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks nicky, I just love love the book of Proverbs for the obvious reason that, it contains the wisest sayings in the world. So my favorite Bible passages are from the book of Proverbs, they are;

1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight. 3:5-6

2. A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - and poverty will come upon you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man. 6:10-11

3. Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank. 22:29 (NIV)

Cc:
Sleekyshuga
Amicable09
Teechudleyy
Whizqueen
TollyB
Cutemaria
Qhutetomsel
Carnations et al

Grab your bibles dearies and let's do some tagging cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post &tag by amicable09(f): 6:10pm On May 14, 2016
Let me book my space first while I rush to grab my big Bible!

Brb.
BTW, lemme tag the following;

TollyB
Jazmiynne
Moyarh
Ksstroud
Abimbawealth
Abimbex007
Dahveydson
Lero15
Beau49

Share your favorite Scriptures guys (3-5)
Battery low...

4 Likes

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

Brb.
you surely have a soft copy, don't ya?
Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 14, 2016
skarlett:
Thanks nicky, I just love love the book of Proverbs for the obvious reason as; it contains the wisest sayings in the world. So my favorite Bible passages are from the book of Proverbs:

1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight. 3:5-6

2. A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - and poverty will come upon you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man. 6:10-11

3. Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank. 22:29 (NIV)

Cc:
Sleekyshuga
Amicable09
Teechudleyy
Whizqueen
TollyB
Cutemaria
Qhutetomsel et al
The book is proverb is so concise, that it needs little or no interpretation.
Re: Post &tag by amicable09(f): 6:23pm On May 14, 2016
Adaobi12:
you surely have a soft copy, don't ya?
I do dear.
It's my battery, kinda low now... will post my Scriptures later. They are many *winks.

I love the game by the way, kudos.
Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 14, 2016
Adaobi12:
The book is proverb is so concise, that it needs little or no interpretation.

Exactly!Its easy application to day-to-day activities is what makes it a personal favorite. No speaking in tongues to understand that it pays to be wise, lol
Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 14, 2016
cheesy
amicable09:

I do dear.
It's my battery, kinda low now... will post my Scriptures later. They are many *winks.

cheesy
amicable09:

I do dear.

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

I do dear.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Post &tag by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:52pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks skarlett kiss for the tag. My favorite scriptural quotes are:

1. 18: Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19: Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20: For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
[Matthew 18:18-20, KJV]

2. Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. [Psalm 55: 22, KJV]

3. The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. [Proverbs 10: 22, KJV]

4. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute. [Proverbs 12:24, KJV]

5. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. [Isaiah 54:17, KJV]

cc:
daveP
Laveda
jnrbayano

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Udochee(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2016
Numbers 6:24-27..
Re: Post &tag by joseph1832(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2016
My favorite bible verses are: Proverbs 6:6 "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise". KJV.

Mathew 26:41 ""Watch and pray so that you
will not fall into temptation.
The spirit is willing, but the
flesh is weak."

And... I can't remember. Lol. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks Skarlett. My favorite scriptural quotes are

Joshua1:8: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written, for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

James3:17: But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

1Peter2:9: But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Tag:
Jurist21
Daxlasaint
Zealinme
Joecutie

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 14, 2016
space booked.
caveat emptor ..
thanks skarlett and amicable...
don't you just love love the Bible...

modified:
Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering;(for he is faithful that promisedwink
Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen"
Hebrews 13:6 "So that we may boldly say,'The Lord is my helper,and i will not fear what man shall do to me"
Isaiah 33:24 "And the inhabitant shall not say,I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven there iniquity."
Ephesians 5:3-4 "But fornication and all uncleanness,or covetousness,let it not be once named among you as becometh saints;
Neither filthiness,nor foolish talking,nor jesting which are not convenient,but rather giving of thank.

and the whole book of Ecclesiastes
cc:
joecutie
herald9
lalasticlalasmiley
taiye4christ
eremy
cocolav
marieolae
naijaboiy
trendite
noordean
jamean
Et all

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 14, 2016
tollyB:
space booked.
caveat emptor ..
thanks skarlett and amicable...
don't you just love love the Bible...
I ll be back...

I most certainly do cheesy
Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 14, 2016
1. If sinners entice thee, consent thou not [prov 1:10]
2. Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging. And whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.[prov 20:1]
3. If ye live after the flesh ye shall die but if ye through the spirit mortify the deeds of the flesh ye shall live. [rom 8:13]
cc
Teespice
titanium38
starryV
Yorme
Re: Post &tag by amicable09(f): 8:38pm On May 14, 2016
James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning".

Vs. 21; " Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls".

Proverbs 23:23 "Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom and instruction, and understanding".

2Tim. 4:13 " The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments"!.

All from KJV.
I love Apostle Paul's writings a lot, he was indeed very learned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post &tag by beau49: 9:03pm On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

Brb.
BTW, lemme tag the following;

To.llyB
Jaz.miynne
Mo.yarh
Ksstro.ud
Abimbawe.alth
Abimbe.x007
Dahv.eydson
Le.ro15
Be.au49

Share your favorite Scriptures guys (3-5)
Battery low...

If I say I don't read bible nau, people will come and be talking and quoting me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well apart from the one I have as my Siggy, my next best one is as follows .......Seek ye first the kingdom of God and every other thing Shall be added on to you

Hallelujah somborri....... tongue
Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 14, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Thanks skarlett kiss for the tag. My favorite scriptural quotes are:

1. 18: Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19: Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20: For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
[Matthew 18:18-20, KJV]

2. Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. [Psalm 55: 22, KJV]

3. The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. [Proverbs 10: 22, KJV]

4. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute. [Proverbs 12:24, KJV]

5. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. [Isaiah 54:17, KJV]

cc:
daveP
Laveda
jnrbayano
isaiah 53:17, very nice for daily declaration. Esp in this perilous time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post &tag by whizqueen(f): 9:42pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks skarlett.

Over to you guys

Bolliejay
Davide470

Modified

Whenever I go through pains, trouble or fear, I remember these three chapters to regain strength and faith.

Ps 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Proverbs 21:30-31
No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord. The horse is made ready for the day of battle but victory is of the Lord.

Isaiah 41:13
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "fear not, I will help you"

Bolliejay, omolulabi16, Kossyne, as we look unto God for help this new week I pray we would not be disappointed ijn. Amen

Two of my other favorite are:

I am the light of the world, a city set upon a hill that cannot be hidden cheesy

Gal 6:17
Henceforth let no man trouble me for I bear on my body the mark of christ. wink

1 cor 13 : 4 - 6 about LOVE :*

3 Likes

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 14, 2016
whizqueen:
Ah my head never booth right now o.

I will ask my pastor in church tomorrow lipsrsealed
Thanks skarle tt.

Over to you guys

Boll iejay
Davi de470
Jadek itana grin

Repent grin grin grin

The last name on ur tag list tho grin grin you dey find trouble tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post &tag by amicable09(f): 10:04pm On May 14, 2016
beau49:

If I say I don't read bible nau, people will come and be talking and quoting me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well apart from the one I have as my Siggy, my next best one is as follows .......Seek ye first the kingdom of God and every other thing Shall be added on to you

Lol... Amen!
Re: Post &tag by ashjay001(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2016
Ecce 7:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

Ecce 1:13-14
13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. 14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Mark 12:33
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

sherrifman
teechudley

1 Like

Re: Post &tag by obinoral1179(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2016
Have so many of them but will drop few.
1 Cor 2 vs 9 as it is written eyes have not seen, nor ear heard,neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ecc 7 vs 8 better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Ecc 3 vs 1 to every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Vs 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted

the thought i have towards is good and not of evil to give you an expected end. Jer.

O Zion can woman forgets her suckling child ye she can forget but i will never forget thee and your walls are continual before me. Isa

ps 119 vs 11 your word have hid in my heart that i might not sin

cc
BABADOT01
Funpeter
Nitefury
onihaxy
femoboy
adeaks

lord help me to keep all your promises and give ear to my supplication.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Teespice(f): 11:04pm On May 14, 2016
kapable75:
1. If sinners entice thee, consent thou not [prov 1:10]
2. Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging. And whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.[prov 20:1]
3. If ye live after the flesh ye shall die but if ye through the spirit mortify the deeds of the flesh ye shall live. [rom 8:13]
cc
Teespice
titanium38
starryV
Yorme

for I know the thoughts that I think towards you, thoughts of good and not evil, to give you an expected end. jeremiah 29:11.

1 Like

Re: Post &tag by karleone(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2016
Every verse of the bible has made me- in different situations of life. So I definitely do not know what to write. Though I liked the writings of Job

Icecooljay
Stevostical
Rationalmind
Macuwon
Zerray
God'sfavourite
Traecey
Smeeky
Debbie
Re: Post &tag by Abimbex007: 12:25am On May 15, 2016
beau49:

Funny you grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post &tag by Jamean(f): 12:29am On May 15, 2016
2 Corinthians 3: 17-18

Now the Lord is that Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of God.

Deuteronomy 29: 29

The secret things belongs to the Lord, but those things which are revealed belong unto us and our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Job 14: 14

If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait till my change come.

Colossians 2: 10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principalities and powers.

Hebrews 7: 12-14

For the priesthood being changed, there is made necessity a change also of the law.

For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.

Cc:

UyiIredia
Mizmycoli
Eghosa1
Mentorandfriend
CC160615

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Abimbex007: 12:42am On May 15, 2016
Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.‎

Pro 4:23 
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.‎

Pro 16:7 When a man's way please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.‎

Eccl 7:12
For Wisdom is a defence and money is a defence but the Excellency of Knowledge is, that Wisdom giveth life to them that have it.

Eccl 10:10 
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.‎

Eccl 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. 

Cc:
Blessed
Bibijay123
Joecutie
ProudOlodo
Lero15
LastMumu
Moyarh
Adeaks
Yorex2011
Tolusan
Ivyy
Davide470
E383
Singlefade25
Jazinogold
Cc150615

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Post &tag by Stevostical(m): 1:32am On May 15, 2016
Karleone I love psalm 121 vs 1-8 1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? 2 My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. 4 Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. 6 The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore. And Romans 8 vs 1-2 1 T here is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, a who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Cc
Taiye4christ
Masonkz (forgive me for tagging you)
Kuldr
Davide470
Amicable I dey wait ooo.

1 Like

Re: Post &tag by Nobody: 2:11am On May 15, 2016
whizqueen:
Ah my head never booth right now o.

I will ask my pastor in church tomorrow lipsrsealed
Thanks skarlett.

Over to you guys

Bolliejay
Davide470
Jadekitana grin
No wait for pastor na. just grab a bible and u are go to go

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Muslims, Please How Did The Al Quran Came To Be? / There Is Something Funny I Noticed About A Particular Western Church In The East / This Is JESUS. See Why You Should Not Look Down On Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.