Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Home Remedies To Beat Obesity - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Home Remedies To Beat Obesity (18892 Views)

Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Obesity Is Fast Increasing In Africa And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by virginboy1(m): 4:39pm On May 14, 2016
Fasting works.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Originalsly: 4:42pm On May 14, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
nothing beats skipping rope..... the best method on earth.. jumping rope... to all the obessed people reading this, try it. GL
Do you really expect fat fat me who can't even jump over a sim card to be jumping rope? @topic.... we need to pay attention to what we eat and exercise. ... avoid soda and juices and cereals and any other food that contains high fructose corn syrup.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Barcanlsta: 4:58pm On May 14, 2016
I learnt the best solution is found here --> www.BestFatBurner.co
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by femi4: 5:14pm On May 14, 2016
petux:
i do skipping rope and i gym but i still have big tummy..its really disqusting!
Try weightlifting, it ll be converted to abs
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Youngetskilz23(m): 5:19pm On May 14, 2016
Originalsly:
Do you really expect fat fat me who can't even jump over a sim card to be jumping rope? @topic.... we need to pay attention to what we eat and exercise. ... avoid soda and juices and cereals and any other food that contains high fructose corn syrup.

ok. you jst have to try.. say you can do it.. practice makes perfect..
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by DANO1011(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2016
poksmahn:
how can i add weight ??
do the opposite of what the thread says !
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by NaijahMann: 5:31pm On May 14, 2016
The underlying problem too loose weight is how do you burn more calories than you consume. When you think about Nigeria food culture developed for a rural farming culture people who woke up early in the morning, went to the farm, came back, cleared bush, fetched water, chased nama, built their homes with their bare hands.

People like that can swallow ten wraps of "solid" at one go and you will not see one ounce of fat on their body. When your live revolves around co-ordinating your nanny, driver and house help, when the heaviest thing you carry ih a given day is a bottle of orijin you have a problem.

What can you do? Most studies show that if you have to change your life drastically to incorporate a diet it will ultimately fail. So if going to a gym eats into your spare time, cost you money you cannot really afford, or add hours to you daily travel it will eventually fail.

The key is to build something around what you do already, with price of fuel being what it is ti could even be extra trekking. If you want to do something more serious look into bodyweight fitness, you do it at home whenever it suits you and need no equipment.

If you can do the excercise then you have to look at the other side of the equation reducing your calorie intake and your biggest enemy is food with high sugar and low fibre, like bread (whether Agege, Onitsha or Kafanchan this is your enemy), meat pie pastry etc.

If you want to do more research you can look at things like "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It", "Good Calories, Bad Calories"

1 Like

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by fashrola(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2016
tayo200:
.the next person to comment after me will be our president in d nearest future..na me say so

A woman president grin
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Originalsly: 5:36pm On May 14, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
ok. you jst have to try.. say you can do it.. practice makes perfect..
Me?..jump?... I don't have spare knees and ankles.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by gmaribel(m): 5:38pm On May 14, 2016
Try walking instead of driving or taking a bus or taxi. You will loose weight very very fast.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Youngetskilz23(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2016
Originalsly:
Me?..jump?... I don't have spare knees and ankles.
lol ur making me laff. are you that fat? whats your kg?
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by petux(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2016
femi4:
Try weightlifting, it ll be converted to abs

for real?
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Bollinger(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2016
debbie:
My take.
1.Eat more of fruits and veggie
2.Reduce starchy food
3.Do more of exercise
4.STOP junk food and fatty snack
5.Engage your time and mind with meaningful things
6.Disciple your meal time....eat when necessary
7.Reduce intake of carbonated drinks

Finally...dont starve yourself. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The funny thing is a lot of people will disregard this and not know you have just given the seven steps not only to preventing obesity, but a long lasting life. Generally, people are not heath conscious so they don't really care how they look and what they consume.

3 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:18pm On May 14, 2016
petux:
This is where what u eat becomes very important. Diet is very neccessary when it comes to having a flat and ripped belly. Eat more of proteins and less of carbs. Even if you want to eat carbs, eat the complex ones like brown rice or local rice, brown bread, yam, cocoyam. Minimize your consumption of junks. Eat fruits and vegetables. Drink enough water.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by bigiyaro(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2016
fratermathy:
Obesity is innate. If you have the gene, trust me, NO HOME, LOCAL or INTERNATIONAL remedy can help your case!!!

I dedicate this FTC to Jasysandra cheesy Happy Birthday Mon Coeur!
I wrote her a tribute here: https://www.nairaland.com/3105057/tribute-sandra-james-event-birthday

Look at this article on nairaland and comment smiley
Title: We Say We Want Change Yet...
https://www.nairaland.com/3105327/say-want-change-yet-mathias

Password: Lalasticlala
y u dey lie like dis nah?
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by menxer: 6:32pm On May 14, 2016
abbey621:
The mistake a lot of you make is the assumption that obesity is caused just by physical factors, this is absolutely incorrect! Genetics and emotional imbalances are also factors. For an emotional eater, no amount of home remedies will work and for the obesity brought on by genetics, it could lead to a life of being miserable as such a person must spend their entire life staying away from the simple things we enjoy in life.E.g- try eating only vegetables or going vegan all your life in the Nigerian setting,no jollof,amala or even bread grin grin grin

SMH.
Do you know what you are talking about?
Jollof?
Amala?
Bread?

Those are plant based foods, not animal.
You can replace Meat with soy chum.

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by petux(m): 6:33pm On May 14, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

This is where what u eat becomes very important. Diet is very neccessary when it comes to having a flat and ripped belly. Eat more of proteins and less of carbs. Even if you want to eat carbs, eat the complex ones like brown rice or local rice, brown bread, yam, cocoyam. Minimize your consumption of junks. Eat fruits and vegetables. Drink enough water.
ok thanks bro ...the tips u just gave me is how to stop biq tummy hw do i reduce the one here??
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by menxer: 6:59pm On May 14, 2016
debbie:
My take.
2.Reduce starchy food
3.Do more of exercise

8. Reduce beer and other alcoholic beverages consumption.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by XaviDayo(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2016
debbie:
My take.
2.Reduce starchy food
3.Do more of exercise

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 14, 2016
our country nigeria is not helping matters there are lot of unhealthy foods around iyan,amala,egusi etc na so i went to the market to buy protein food the market women were looking at me as if im speaking chinese.even wen i was observing fruit fast due to lack of healthy food an occasion came up nd i made up my mind to avoid any food temptation bt unfortunately my plan failed wen i saw dat God forsaken asun on top of ofada rice embarassed

1 Like

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by tayo200(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2016
NaijaQT:
Yay, 1st female president! grin
congratulations... pls remember me when u get dere
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by tayo200(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2016
fashrola:

A woman president grin
yeah..
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:13pm On May 14, 2016
petux:

ok thanks bro ...the tips u just gave me is how to stop biq tummy hw do i reduce the one here??
It is also applicable.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by lepasharon(f): 8:36pm On May 14, 2016
rahymat:
our country nigeria is not helping matters there are lot of unhealthy foods around iyan,amala,egusi etc na so i went to the market to buy protein food the market women were looking at me as if im speaking chinese.even wen i was observing fruit fast due to lack of healthy food an occasion came up nd i made up my mind to avoid any food temptation bt unfortunately my plan failed wen i saw dat God forsaken asun on top of ofada rice embarassed

Loool I would there is no African food that is healthy
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by professore(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2016
This is educative
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by nonix22(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2016
petux:
have you been avoid or reducing intake of white rice, white bread, carbonated drinks, pastries, noodles and substituting for local or brown rice, brown bread, water, fruits? what about try taking ur meals with warm water and not cold water as warm tends to flush out the excess fatty oil from ur system easily and fast compated to cold water. after u hit tje gym, go for warm water as ur muscles and fats gets to constrast in cold water just like when you put stuffs in the fridge. whereas the warm relaxes ur muscles and hence burns out fat easily then after like and hour you can go for the cold water. gd luck
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by petux(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2016
nonix22:

have you been avoid or reducing intake of white rice, white bread, carbonated drinks, pastries, noodles and substituting for local or brown rice, brown bread, water, fruits? what about try taking ur meals with warm water and not cold water as warm tends to flush out the excess fatty oil from ur system easily and fast compated to cold water. after u hit tje gym, go for warm water as ur muscles and fats gets to constrast in cold water just like when you put stuffs in the fridge. whereas the warm relaxes ur muscles and hence burns out fat easily then after like and hour you can go for the cold water. gd luck
whaooh am qonna try this hot water of a thing.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by nonix22(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2016
petux:

whaooh am qonna try this hot water of a thing.
Thanks.
not really HOT water o! warm water as in water wey no come out from fridge or freezer.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by abbey621(m): 2:40am On May 15, 2016
menxer:

SMH.
Do you know what you are talking about?
Jollof?
Amala?
Bread?

Those are plant based foods, not animal.
You can replace Meat with soy chum.

Can you make jollof without vegetable oil(bad cholesterol), maggi?
The calories in bread alone is enough to make anyone fat, two slices of bread have more calories than a plate of salad!
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by ikanason(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2016
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New STD That Can Kill You / Death Of UNIBEN Student At UBTH Sparks Students Protest (Photo) / Court Rules That ‘total Abstinence Is The Best Option’ Must Be Written On Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.