Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? (11426 Views)

Woman Left In Pain As ‘Horns’ Start Growing Out Of Her Head (photos) / Help! Something Is Growing Out From My Sisters Mouth (pics) / Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by mattiu(m): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
Obesity also is known as overweight can be described as an unhealthy buildup of body fats. The great disposition of body fat results in a lot of health problems as well as lessen the life-span of afflicted individuals. Obesity is measured regarding (BMI) body mass index; a BMI between 25.0 and 29.9 is considered as overweight, a BMI over 30 is classed as obese.
obesity, overweight
As shown by some statistics, nearly one-third of the people in the Western world are overweight or obese in fact the rate is rising. This trend looks continuing were folks are just snacking their way to weight problems. Also, it seems like it is not likely to reduce anytime soon.

Children/Adolescents are not left out of this mess- Obesity. With the increasing rate of obesity in the United States, it is crucial to know what precisely is causing kids to be obese. In the United Kingdom, among every ten teenagers between 5 to 18 years is obese. The highest increase in the number of overweight kids and also teens has been in EASTERN Parts of Asia; China and even India have been ranked top in recent times.

Without a doubt, the society itself has created a weight issue, as well as some of the effects, are beginning to show by themselves in the form of several disorders. Chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, and also whatever arrives is an open invite by overweight.

Obesity is an issue as it is the trigger point for a lot of health problems. The actual cause with regards to weight gain which can result in heart disease and also diabetes are processed carbs, sugar, and even commercially-processed foods. In the 70's medical experts informed us that anxiety and high blood pressure levels were from salt consumption; often it is still believed at present. High salt diet regime has no or small impact on blood pressure levels or heart problems. Salt is not the threat, but sugars are, although Avoid using the processed table salt.

Do you realize that Obesity ages your liver? What this implies is if you happen to be obese your liver will likely age quicker as compared to the rest of your whole body. If in case, obesity or overweight is a problem you might want to change to a much more liver-enhanced food. By Switching to fermented foods, numerous herbs, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and so on.

Ask yourself this question: Where does obesity originate? What is the reason behind it, why is it almost a plague? There are many causes of obesity. However, foods are the major cause.
Obesity is primarily as a result of too much consumption of food, desk-bound lifestyle, adverse medication effects, psychological conditions or even any blend of these factors.

5 Major Causes Of Obesity

1. Excessive Eating: The human body ought to preserve excessive food energy as fat. In case you are struggling to combat your cravings for much-loved meals, especially fad-laden fast foods and also sugary drinks, there might be no break from obesity. Overeating is undoubtedly linked to wealth and even fertility, however, at present individuals are becoming hooked on highly processed and also unhealthy foods. People's eating habits may be in line with a lot of factors such as stress, accessibility to food, desire to delight in certain snacks while watching Television, depressive disorders, the dependence on packaged food and so more.

2. Desk-Bound Lifestyle: Physical exercise or workouts are essential to keep up your health and well-being. If you happen to be addicted to video games or taking pleasure in your favorite hobby while relaxing in the comfy chair and also gulping coca cola, obesity is likely to occur. The deficit of physical activities can cause Obesity.

3. Psychological factor: When individuals are afflicted by any deep caused emotional tension, they seek to release their emotional stress by overeating. A lot of people eat way too much if they mix up the psychological void with food cravings. Some research and also clinical tests have proven that fact that psychological conditions bring about eating disorders. Depression is a widely known psychological condition when folks take part in overeating.

4. Medical Conditions: Problems in the endocrine system is the commonest cause of obesity. Some health situations such as Cushing's syndrome, Hypothyroidism, and also depressive disorders may cause obesity. A deficiency of this hormone decelerates the metabolic process and individuals begin building up fat.

In Cushing's syndrome also called hypercortisolism, surplus amounts of cortisol are generated which results in fat deposition. It is known that specific weight-gain takes place in the pregnant state. Keeping away from breastfeeding your baby or inactive lifestyle after birth can make you overweight. Some medications, especially steroids, anti-hypertensive, antipsychotics, anti-depressants, and anti-seizure drugs cause weight gain.

5. Genetics: If perhaps your mother and father are overweight, you are prone to have obesity. Genetic susceptibility is also a cause of obesity. Prader-Willi syndrome and Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS) are basic examples of gene predisposition. FIFTY-SIX various genes are related to obesity phenotypes.

Exercise regularly and have a balanced diet to stay fit and healthy!!!!

ARTICLE SOURCE FOR FULL POST: http://www.healthphreak.com/2017/10/obesity-growing-out-of-proportion-obesity-causes.html

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Sinemfresh(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nice one bro
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Sinemfresh(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by timidapsin(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nigeria have gotten so bad that beggars now use our music to beg for money, today i saw one beggar with plate singing: " U know say my problem solution na Ego"...
Wen he saw me passing without giving him money, he changed the song to:
"if u no get money hide ur face"..

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Realkenny(m): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
To be honest

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Evablizin(f): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
shocked

No 1&2 can never be overemphasized.

Well.....

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
I was speaking in an event yesterday when I purposely used the word 'fat', and when I was done, a sister called my attention just to tell me that I should have used the word 'plus-size' instead of fat.

she was quick to call my attention to that because she's getting overweight, and probably wouldn't want to be called 'fat lady'.

Well, I told her, that was the word I wanted to use, and I noticed she became offended.

Now, this is my point, people always want to hear things that will please them and make them happy, instead of challenging them to become better person.

The next time you see a friend or family getting overweight, don't coin it or try to play professional, tell them that they are fat. Provoke their person, and few weeks later, you'll see them exercising and watching their weight.

No Critics, just my opinions

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by MaryBenn(f): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by OboOlora(f): 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
All these copy and paste OPs. Obesity in Nigeria? Dude, people are malnourished and underfed and you are calling that obesity. Any body with obesity should be taken to ER, it's a sign of excessive beer consumption, carbohydrate n starch intake and/or kwashiokor especially all those people with small body, big head and big tummy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by sotall(m): 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
OK
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Realfitbody: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
Okay
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by freeman95(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sinemfresh:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi

Haha fiend
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by danchuzzy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
embarassed
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by mrMeen(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
space
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by free2ryhme: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
How come there are no obsessed Fulani marauders
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by wildcatter23(m): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by CasaFFa(f): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
For some people, being overweight goes beyond excessive eating and not enough exercise. Genetics also play a role. Instead of focusing just on weight, it is important to examine overall health. Fat is just another body shape and size.

Focus on your health, Look out for these nutrition facts to reduce your risk of diabetes. Source: Eagleee http://eagleee.com/detail?newsId=385166
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
have u ever seen a fat fulani
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Adakintroy: 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yahoo boy tells a foreigner a very pathetic story and begs for support. On compassionate ground he is pitied and his request granted.

Yahoo boy goes on a bragging spree, telling everyone maga Don pay. Yahoo sharp girl spent the whole night begging oga at the top for assistance, according to her, mormor just lost a leg. Yahoo girl gets assisted on compassionate ground. Yahoo girl again goes on a bragging spree. Mugu1 just paid.she says to her friends.

For me the most dummest set of husslers are yahoo boys and girls.

Everyone who begs is forever beneath the one he /she is begging from. To think you are above he who renders help to you for whatever reason is for me the worst form of stupidity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
yeyerolling:
have u ever seen a fat fulani

Exactly
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by vicraven(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
OboOlora:
All these copy and paste OPs. Obesity in Nigeria? Dude, people are malnourished and underfed and you are calling that obesity. Any body with obesity should be taken to ER, it's a sign of excessive beer consumption, carbohydrate n starch intake and/or kwashiokor especially all those people with small body, big head and big tummy

one bucket of malt for this old woman please
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by jvera(f): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
talk2ekpa:
I was speaking in an event yesterday when I purposely used the word 'fat', and when I was done, a sister called my attention just to tell me that I should have used the word 'plus-size' instead of fat.

she was quick to call my attention to that because she's getting overweight, and probably wouldn't want to be called 'fat lady'.

Well, I told her, that was the word I wanted to use, and I noticed she became offended.

Now, this is my point, people always want to hear things that will please them and make them happy, instead of challenging them to become better person.

The next time you see a friend or family getting overweight, don't coin it or try to play professional, tell them that they are fat. Provoke their person, and few weeks later, you'll see them exercising and watching their weight.

No Critics, just my opinions
u haven't meet pple who don't care,no matter how u tell them to their face.
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by talk2ekpa(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
jvera:
u haven't meet pple who don't care,no matter how u tell them to their face.
faith comes by hearing bro. just keep telling them
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by enemyofprogress: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
It is because Nigeria is now out of recession
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by GodIsBiafran: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Train your body to burn fat as fuel and you will never be fat. The Fulani diet and lifestyle makes their bodies adapted to fat-burning.
free2ryhme:
How come there are no obsessed Fulani marauders

1 Like

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by Yonce(f): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
OboOlora:

You can be malnourished and actualy be obese. A lot of Nigerians are underfed and still obese

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by rodeo0070(m): 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Majority of obese people on the planet reside in a few countries, in fact, the top 10 countries contribute half the entire world’s obesity.

Read more here:https://www.nairaland.com/4154895/obesity-nigeria-ranks-10th-over
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by rodeo0070(m): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yonce:

You can be malnourished and actualy be obese. A lot of Nigerians are underfed and still obese

Majority of obese people on the planet reside in a few countries, in fact, the top 10 countries contribute half the entire world’s obesity.

Read more here:https://www.nairaland.com/4154895/obesity-nigeria-ranks-10th-over
Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by rodeo0070(m): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2017

Re: Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? by toprealman: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Obesity is not a problem in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. In the western countries.....yes it is a massive issue.
Here people never see food chaw you de talk of obesity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Workers Flee From Suspected Lassa Fever Patient. / 1st Monkeypox Case In US This Year Reported In Massachusetts / NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.