Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) (3176 Views)

Nigeria To Join Aircraft Producing Nations: Minister Of Aviation / Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by Joe4lv(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2016
The presidency,two days ago,declared over 60% increase in the price of premium motor spirit (PMS) with so much blame on corruption and or past government. They cited prices of what PMS sales in other west African countries and the need for us to follow suit.

There is serious inflation in the land with hike in transport yet the salary of civil servants are not made to measure up with those harsh economy. A bag of rice is now #15000 prior to their pegging the price of PMS to #145 and who knows how much it will be as from next week.

Well am not against any increment in the price of PMS but when we dug in to know the niara conversion of the minimum wage of OPEC countries,we discover that if we must cite other nations price,then we should as well cite the grave disparity between their minimum wages and ours so we move for the increment and strict implementation of #56000 minimum wage.

#OccupyNigeriaSeason2.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by kayfra: 11:40am On May 14, 2016
How many of them have a population of 180 million people sharing 1-2 million barrels a day?

Use your head.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by yemmit90: 12:01pm On May 14, 2016
kayfra:
How many of them have a population of 180 million people sharing 1-2 million barrels a day?

Use your head.

That is the problem of many Nigerians, they're quick to compare anything to make unrealistic points.

If every worker are to receive 56,000 or more as a minimum wage, where on earth do you expect FG to get money for other sectors of economy. Have we even considered the Inflation that this increament will brings along.

Instead of us to demand for subsidization of Agriculture and Health service, we are fighting over fuel subsidy that only benefit the few.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by bettercreature(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2016
I think you should also tell us how much they are spending on bills and accomodation in Naira
With that 217.000 naira in UAE,99% of them can not afford to rent apartment in dubai even in sharja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by MrDavidson: 12:17pm On May 14, 2016
But don't forget that Qatar for an example, has a population of less than 2 million people, Saudi Arabia has less than 30 million, and Kuwait less than 4 million, etc. I'm not trying to make up excuses for Nigeria's many failures and profligacy, but these need be considered too.

6 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by Amberon: 12:22pm On May 14, 2016
This is balderdash. I think the user above gave the perfect answer.

Plus, if you've lived abroad before, you'll know that most of the people who receive such wages are broke and can hardly pay their bills.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by obongitiad(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2016
kayfra:

Use your head.

Let me ansa ya question for him.

COUNTRY - POPULATION(2013)
1. Venezuela - 30.41 million.
2. Kuwait - 3.369 million
3. Saudi Arabia - 28.83 million
4. Iran - 77.45 million
5. Qatar - 2.169 million
6. UAE - 9.346 million
7. Algeria - 39.21 million
8. Libya - 6.202 million
9. Iraq - 33.42 million

Maybe some ppl can get small sensecheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by ihekwoabaemeka(m): 12:32pm On May 14, 2016
Okay Nigerians now know we 're too big to be a country abi? na hypocrisy go kill una, Nigeria is not just too big to be a country is too big to be an african country,,,

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by obongitiad(m): 12:38pm On May 14, 2016
Oya lets convert dia minimum wage to dollars and see, hahacheesy.

At N200 to a dollar:

Venezuela - $478.195.

Kuwait - $807.305.

Saudi Arabia - $496.185.

Iran - $432.925.

Qatar - $506.25

UAE - $1086.81.

Algeria - $279.785.

Libya - $119.065.

Iraq - $129.065.

Damn! Dis guys are broke mencheesy

OP dis ya post dey like Fayose kind of argument. Are u a Fayose disciple?cheesy

OP, can you live in Dubai with $1,000 per month? How much you go pay for rent, nepa, food, etc.

Mbok dont make me laff ohcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by omenka(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2016
kayfra:

Use your head.
EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by chinchum(m): 12:58pm On May 14, 2016
MrDavidson:
But don't forget that Qatar for an example, has a population of less than 2 million people, Saudi Arabia has less than 30 million, and Kuwait less than 4 million, etc. I'm not trying to make up excuses for Nigeria's many failures and profligacy, but these need be considered too.
dont mind Nigerians with their baseless comparison. Saudi Arabia produces over 9 million barrels daily, that is close to 5 times the oil we produce daily, and it has like 15% of Nigeria's population , it has a thriving religious tourism industry.

In fact , the price of pms in saudi is no longer what the op stated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by oduastates: 12:58pm On May 14, 2016
yemmit90:

That is the problem of many Nigerians, they're quick to compare anything to make unrealistic points.

If every worker are to receive 56,000 or more as a minimum wage, where on earth do you expect FG to get money for other sectors of economy. Have we even considered the Inflation that this increament will brings along.

Instead of us to demand for subsidization of Agriculture and Health service, we are fighting over fuel subsidy that only benefit the few.

Most Nigerians are innumerate, ignorant and if you asked me, should not be given the vote.
They use their votes to hurt themselves and interest.
You will be shocked by the statements coming out of the mouths of PhD holders and professors.
Already,public servants consume all ( 100% )the federal incomes in Nigeria . They eat all and then provide shoddy services and bad outcomes.
That alone is enough to tell you that not a penny more should be put into the civil service.
What about the 97% who are not civil servants?
They also think that government only exist to pay salaries and provide services for free.
On another note , Algeria came out of the oil boom with a foreign reserve of over $140 billion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by andersyn: 1:17pm On May 14, 2016
M
Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by DaBullIT(m): 1:23pm On May 14, 2016
Eeyah

Looks like wailers need to go back to drawing board for another plan

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by ahaz: 1:44pm On May 14, 2016
ihekwoabaemeka:
Okay Nigerians now know we 're too big to be a country abi? na hypocrisy go kill una, Nigeria is not just too big to be a country is too big to be an african country,,,
abi o my brother you know see as I dy look them?

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by gevans(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2016
This days I hardly see post in any social media without quarrel, sentiment, tribalism, regionalism, religious bigotry n many more. How can we grow with these negative thoughts. I see no unity among us, d only thing that unites us is d name Nigeria, probably football n nothing more. D true change we want can begin with u and I. God bless Nigeria lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:02pm On May 14, 2016
kayfra:

Use your head.
u talked as if he had one.

Even with the agitation to be self employed aonas to free the govt of some responsibilities like salary, Na lie. Na people like the OP dey stay home for 100yrs dey blame the govt for not employing while still struggling to increase her liability!

The total number of salary earners in Nigeria is enuff to be a population of other countries!

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by princemillla(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2016
gevans:
This days I hardly see post in any social media without quarrel, sentiment, tribalism, regionalism, religious bigotry n many more. How can we grow with these negative thoughts. I see no unity among us, d only thing that unites us is d name Nigeria, probably football n nothing more. D true change we want can begin with u and I. God bless Nigeria lipsrsealed

God bless you .

It's has become a norm on this platform. May God heal Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by Apelex(m): 2:17pm On May 14, 2016
gevans:

I for buy you two bottles of bear...

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by forghon: 2:17pm On May 14, 2016
omooo see brutality fatality babality OP do more research nxt a bad day for u and I heard Venezuela is collapsing Nigeria will be great, great pple great nation

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by todayboy: 2:18pm On May 14, 2016
MrDavidson:
Population should be our advantage not disadvantage check the economies of high populated countries like China, India and Angola they are doing fine
We should never use population as a result of our backwardness

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by forghon: 2:18pm On May 14, 2016
omooo see brutality fatality babality OP do more research nxt a bad day for u and I heard Venezuela is collapsing Nigeria will be great, good pple great nation
Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by todayboy: 2:20pm On May 14, 2016
kayfra:

Use your head.
Nobody stop us from having more refineries so we can have more barrels per day

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by gevans(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2016
princemillla:

God bless you .

It's has become a norm on this platform. May God heal Nigeria
Amen. One love bro

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by gevans(m): 2:27pm On May 14, 2016
Apelex:

I for buy you two bottles of bear...
Tanx bro. One love
Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by MrDavidson: 2:56pm On May 14, 2016
chinchum:
dont mind Nigerians with their baseless comparison. Saudi Arabia produces over 9 million barrels daily, that is close to 5 times the oil we produce daily, and it has like 15% of Nigeria's population , it has a thriving religious tourism industry.

In fact , the price of pms in saudi is no longer what the op stated.

Yes, you're right.
Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by otokx(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2016
Minimum wage has to go up and a minimum of 40k for me across board is proposed but the states will not agree. FG can pay but Bayelsa the state of common sense will always have a reason not to pay.
Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by MrDavidson: 3:04pm On May 14, 2016
todayboy:

Population should be our advantage not disadvantage check the economies of high populated countries like China, India and Angola they are doing fine
We should never use population as a result of our backwardness
If you recall, I balanced my point by saying that I wasn't trying to make excuses for Nigeria's [past] failures. However, apart from China (1.4bn people), India with 1.2bn are not doing much good. Though India are technologically very much ahead of us, they have very large number/percentage of poor people.

Angola is less than 25 million.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by Kirigidi(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2016
ihekwoabaemeka:
In what way is Nigeria too big to b one country? Is it in terms of populatn or landmass? If it is populatn, knw dat Nigeria is no way near China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, USA, Malaysia, etc, in size. In terms of landmass, Nigeria is not even among d 10 (ten) largest countries here in Africa. Do u knw dat only one state in USA (e.g. Alaska) is bigger than Nigeria, yet USA stil one country even with 54 states or there about? Pls, alwys get ur facts right b4 comin online to make comments. Google is there 4 u!

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by blueAgent(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2016
Kirigidi:
In what way is Nigeria too big to b one country? Is it in terms of populatn or landmass? If it is populatn, knw dat Nigeria is no way near China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, USA, Malaysia, etc, in size. In terms of landmass, Nigeria is not even among d 10 (ten) largest countries here in Africa. Do u knw dat only one state in USA (e.g. Alaska) is bigger than Nigeria, yet USA stil one country even with 54 states or there about? Pls, alwys get ur facts right b4 comin online to make comments. Google is there 4 u!

Tell those Clowns. doe US is 50states .

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
Wait a minute...! is it not thesame islam that quatar is practicing with my nortthern brothers? how comes the have such a little population, whilst here in nigeria the limams are persuading the muslim population to multiply in quadripuples.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Minimun Wage Of Oil Producing Nations(pic) by abumeinben(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2016
obongitiad:

Let me ansa ya question for him.

COUNTRY - POPULATION(2013)
1. Venezuela - 30.41 million.
2. Kuwait - 3.369 million
3. Saudi Arabia - 28.83 million
4. Iran - 77.45 million
5. Qatar - 2.169 million
6. UAE - 9.346 million
7. Algeria - 39.21 million
8. Libya - 6.202 million
9. Iraq - 33.42 million

Maybe some ppl can get small sensecheesy

Oga divide these populations by their respective price per litre and then multiply by minimum wage. Don't just look at one figure

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If I Told You....... / WIKE AUDIO LEAK: Where Is The 30 Days Forensic Analysis Comparing Wike's Voice? / We Wont Allow Non-democracy System In Nigeria, UK Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.