Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

A Honest Review Of Brymo's New Album 'KLITORIS' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Honest Review Of Brymo's New Album 'KLITORIS' (755 Views)

Drake Gives Accolades To Wizkid And Tekno For Inspiring His New Album / #bbnaija: Exposing My Boobs, An Honest Mistake – Alex / Kcee To Use Proceeds From New Album For Election Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Honest Review Of Brymo's New Album 'KLITORIS' by emaxjey(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2016
I’ve always . What is difficult about looking inward at our own culture and leaving the cliche vanity rhetorics of wealth and sex behind? With Klitoris, a curiously titled album that almost plays off like a publicity gimmick, Brymo has crafted an artistic, well thought-out album that explores love, philosophy and the struggle of being.. well. Alive. Despite his disappointing major label debut album Son of A Kapenta, Brymo has since redeemed himself.
Over the last three years, he has rummaged through the Nigerian underground with 4 critically acclaimed collectives that occasionally come up for air and nifty promotional press. His dedication to sound curation and record aesthetics separates him from every other artiste who has been strong-armed into making the same formulaic music that is bred and spat by everyone else in the industry. But I digress.
With this album, Brymo proves that the current afro pop scene isn’t all there is to Nigerian music. The mellow texture of the album is a part of its entire thematic intent and hence is coiled around slowed-down, soulful and introspective songs, proving that our music can indeed be chill without being exasperating.

Though it is futile to emphasize the unique brilliance of Brymo’s wiry, occasionally vibrant, Yoruba-accented voice, it is impressive to hear just how much thought he put into the structure and artistry of Klitoris. He doesn’t just make tracks, he makes music and each song is an eargasmic delight if not for anything, but for sheer inventiveness.

Nonetheless, after listening to Klitoris, I must say that despite its ideological flaws, I have a new brand of respect for Brymo and his work. Especially for creating music that challenges the norm with kick-ass production in an industry that would rather have you do nought. I eagerly look forward to whatever he does next.
I drop my pen at this juntion!!
Re: A Honest Review Of Brymo's New Album 'KLITORIS' by moshoodn(m): 7:02pm On May 31, 2016
Brymo is a real deal.

All his tracks from his genesis, Bymstone to now, Klitoris, has been been wonderful. It is a force I am happy to identify with. Maybe because I'm a poet or maybe it's just his distinction.

I use to tell my buddies, gimme Asa, gimme Brymo and you will be giving me delight.

Cheers.
Re: A Honest Review Of Brymo's New Album 'KLITORIS' by axortedbabe(f): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
I luv that dude n his songs like
kilode,he's a rare talent

(1) (Reply)

Harvard University Called This Speech “the Most Powerful Student Speech Ever!” / Photo S: Tonto Dikeh’s Husband Bags Doctorate Honour From ISCG University / 13 Major Types Of Guys You Should Never Date In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.