Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,115 members, 7,838,822 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! (9189 Views)

Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. / IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake. CNN. / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2009
AfroCynic:

Okay, Biafra will never happen, the sooner everyone realises this the better. I am tired of all the ethnocentric rancour this silly topic causes. Get used to it. I love all my Igbo peeps, especially the men, they are so sexy and strong.

Anyways, yeah, I love Naija, Let all hold hand and engage in menage et trois, lol.

But on a serious can we all just get along at best or at worse argue about relevant things?

Monkey love banana too!  grin grin

If you love us so much, why not let us go peacefully? We might reunite after 50 years like the EU. What's wrong with that?
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by agor1974: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2009
eina, no be igbo.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by AfroCynic: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
Onlytruth:

Monkey love banana too!  grin grin

If you love us so much, why not let us go peacefully? We might reunite after 50 years like the EU. What's wrong with that?

I no hold you, I just dey put you on to what's up, Naija, with all its foibles, is here to stay,
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by udezue(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
Onlytruth biko ask her.

She loves Igbo men. Like many non Igbo women no dey salivate at the thought having a taste of us. We sweet oooo grin
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by udezue(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2009
So moving. http:///biafra_national_anthem.htm

BIAFRA NATIONAL ANTHEM
Land of the Rising Sun

Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
Oh fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
‘To give and not to count the cost" each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by OAM4J: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2009
O.K. I agree Biafra should be created. It will help other groups to get their independence from Nigeria too.

But the big question is HOW?

I am looking for the Igbo leader that will champion the course, any volunteer?
(And please don’t forget that Nigeria might not let go easily, there might be war) so how many of you will want to join Biafra army and die for the course of Biafra?
If there is none of you willing to die for Biafra, I think we should all hold our peace and stop wasting our time and energy

All these talk/ posts / debate will not materialize Biafra, unless there are the actions. PEACE. cool
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by udezue(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2009
Don't worry actions are being taken both in Nigeria and diaspora. I'm sure you know that.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by OAM4J: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2009
@ udezue

I dont know. Please tell me. So that lots of people will not continue to live in Biafra dreamland.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by udezue(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2009
That's none of your palava okay.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by paddyboi: 12:31am On Nov 02, 2009
I am igbo and biafra is a PIPEDREAM, the average igbo man is too corrupt, indisciplined and ignorant to govern himself, is it the likes of andy uba that will be president?, where are the resources?, what will the currency be anchored on?, where is the access to the sea, or will u annex calabar and rivers state too, ?, Ojukwu was a FOOL, egotistical bastard that had to kill millions of igbo to justify his stupid war, and i am 27yrs old so i know what am talking about,
the world is global, nations are forming unions, because only the strong survive, and some idiots are clamoring for BIAFRA, a landlocked landmass that only exists in history, now overtaken by events,
its o.k though, some southerners in the U.S, still wish for the confederate states of america, and fly rebel flags, keep dreaming like them, @POSTER, u just made my day.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by udezue(m): 1:43am On Nov 02, 2009
U cant be Igbo and be so ignorant of who u are. Ewu. Since when did Andy Uba represent Igbo ppl from Edo to Ebonyi? Igbo land is landlocked? LOL go back to your geography class. ITS NOT. Even it is landlocked so what? Do you know many nations out there that are landlocked yet very rich? Do I need to name them for ur ignorant ass? What does access to the sea have to do with human resources? Calabar or Rivers getting annexed? How? Rivers na majority Igbo with minorit Ijo and Ogoni ppl. We know where our people are. Efik-Ibibio ppl can decide if they want to be in Biafra. Its not by force. I'm also Ibibio and I'm okay with Biafra. Kapish

U ARE IGBO? LOL Yeah Obama is Igbo.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ifele(m): 1:48am On Nov 02, 2009
Nigeria is problem even the name Nigger-ia is insulting to the people who fly the flag and hold the citizenship.

If you dont understand what I am saying wait till some anglo-whitey calls you nigger over here abroad or at home

and you will understand the origin of the word Niger-ia. Biafra was the hope of many suffering peoples but the

leaders were not wise enough like Moses and Aaron who lead their people out of suffering and slavery in Egypt.

Biafra could have been a nice place to live till this day but it was not well planned, the obstacles were too

overwhelming and too many innocent people died in the hands of Biafra. Nigeria is like a Hitler prison for many

nobody who loves the peoples wants us to end up like Congo or Somalia cos living is really dangerous in Congo

and Somalia now. We need peace to establish freedom and prosperity.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ifele(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2009
What Nuzo said is tru

Most Nigerians are hypocrites and they always try to avoid real issues and real solutions. He is right.

May righteousness of the Living God change for good us in Nigeria and the whole earth.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ifele(m): 2:15am On Nov 02, 2009
@Sjeezy yur welcome

Yur family is brave for returning. Brazilian returness have contributed positively. We KitanKorah Hebrews appreciate this. Fayahsoul just dey vent insults here like craze person.

@Fayah kilo de ti o shen bu bros e.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Donpuk(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
@poster:may Amadioha strike u down & Isu Njaba,visit u at nite,4 claiming 2b onye igbo while u're not.Biafra is an all igbo affair;we don't need ur biased opinion to foster our cause, Atulu na enwero onye nche.,,mbadaba ezi!!
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ono(m): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
I just love the way the igbos on this board rally round to chase out any ''dirt'' who wants to bring some kind of harm to them and their cherished ''history'' Una well done.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by jona2: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
paddyboi:

I am igbo and biafra is a PIPEDREAM, the average igbo man is too corrupt, indisciplined and ignorant to govern himself, is it the likes of andy uba that will be president?, where are the resources?, what will the currency be anchored on?, where is the access to the sea, or will u annex calabar and rivers state too, ?, Ojukwu was a FOOL, egotistical bastard that had to kill millions of igbo to justify his stupid war, and i am 27yrs old so i know what am talking about,
the world is global, nations are forming unions, because only the strong survive, and some idiots are clamoring for BIAFRA, a landlocked landmass that only exists in history, now overtaken by events,
its o.k though, some southerners in the U.S, still wish for the confederate states of america, and fly rebel flags, keep dreaming like them, @POSTER, u just made my day.

gbosa. cool
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Onlytruth(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
udezue:

U cant be Igbo and be so ignorant of who u are. Ewu. Since when did Andy Uba represent Igbo ppl from Edo to Ebonyi? Igbo land is landlocked? LOL go back to your geography class. ITS NOT. Even it is landlocked so what? Do you know many nations out there that are landlocked yet very rich? Do I need to name them for your ignorant ass? What does access to the sea have to do with human resources? Calabar or Rivers getting annexed? How? Rivers na majority Igbo with minorit Ijo and Ogoni ppl. We know where our people are. Efik-Ibibio ppl can decide if they want to be in Biafra. Its not by force. I'm also Ibibio and I'm okay with Biafra. Kapish

U ARE IGBO? LOL Yeah Obama is Igbo.

I rest my case!
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by jona2: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2009
na wa. grin
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by donjon: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2009
cool
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by donjon: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
cool
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by donjon: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2009
cool
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by hycent(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2010
Many people here keep on deceiving themselves and making a fool out of themselves.
If and only if you are an igbo man or woman and you choose not to be a biafran. it is your problem,
many people are willing to join the biafra race when the time comes.
i know of many different tribes that are very serious to join the race and live in this new nation no matter what it take.
Many of you think that if you say or post your comments here that biafra will not stand a chance, i only hope that you never live to see the day BIAFRA is announce knowing fully well that biafra have gain her independence a long time ago.

I am not saying that Nigeria should go to hell but i know that i can not claim to leave in a country where there is not shame,
I choose to be counted among the most pool country in America compel to Nigeria richest state.

there is nothing Nigeria can offer me that i can not get in my father's land. my home land. my country. my nation. my desire. my will.

I AM A TRUE BIAFRAN, I WILL NEVER REGRET MY DECISION OVER NIGERIA AND BIAFRA

LONG LIVE BIAFRA
THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 19, 2010
ifele:

We KitanKorah Hebrews appreciate this.

which one is kitankorah hebrews?

sounds very fancy.

are you people black or white.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Onlytruth(m): 10:23pm On May 19, 2010
udezue:

So moving. http:///biafra_national_anthem.htm

BIAFRA NATIONAL ANTHEM
Land of the Rising Sun

Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
Oh fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
‘To give and not to count the cost" each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.

There is something mystical and original about this Biafran anthem that basically connects with me as an Easterner. I've never really done this before, but I actually sang the anthem using the tune "the Finlandia" -Land of the rising sun we love and cherish.
Watch this white guy sing it, and try it.
It is by far more original and meaningful than the Nigerian anthem can ever be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaoX8OWjYIM
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Tochi3(m): 2:17pm On May 20, 2010
He who have ears let  him hear.

For more than 48 years Nigerians have been waiting in vain to see that contraption called Nigeria attain its promised height but have been painfully and psychologically disappointed. Man, after 48 years since the ''white man'' left us to manage our affairs.

But it is a pity and shame that after all this years, we are still struggling to provide the basic of necessities for our people.

Some groups of people wants to leave some groups say no. We must all remain in that cesspit even though when that contraption called Nigeria have been unable to provide the essentials of life and security for all these groups of people after 48 YEARS. After 48 years i say it again.

48 years is a long time for a country to be able to provide at least the primary needs of existence and if after this years it is not able to do so, then we should be wise enough to know that such a contraption will never be able to do so in the next 48 years. It is a true definition of a failed contraption.

I always ask myself this question: after the 2nd world war ended, how long did it take the countries involved especially Germany to rebuild. This is a country that was levelled to the ground and i mean to pieces. I do not think i have to state the rest. Your guess is as good as mine.

Those that wants a certain group of people to continue to remain in a cesspit contraption but fail woefully to come up with a  development strategy to move the contraption out of the cesspit are the biggest HYPOCRITES AND SYCOPHANTS ever to roam the face of the planet.

Those that have ears let them hear
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2010
To-chi:

Those that wants a certain group of people to continue to remain in a cesspit contraption but fail woefully to come up with a  development strategy to move the contraption out of the cesspit are the biggest HYPOCRITES AND SYCOPHANTS ever to roam the face of the planet.

No one has ears here. This is something that has to be drummed into peoples heads over and over and over and over and over again, but they just don't have the imagination to conceive anything apart from what they've become used to. It's seen as an 'Igbo thing' to call for a division of Nigeria and the spiteful will rather shoot themselves in the foot than allow a certain group to have their way, this is the Nigerian way. Oh, and let's not forget about oil. . . .

Do you know the ironic thing about all this though? Whenever there's a poll on whether Nigeria should break up on this forum, the overwhelming majority pick a break of Nigeria and of course the poll magically disappears/is rearranged/spiked/rigged for the satisfaction of whoever does, after all this forum is a microcosm of Nigeria.

Nigerians will say one thing and do the other. I've come to learn how fake Nigerians are.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 20, 2010
To-chi:

Those that wants a certain group of people to continue to remain in a cesspit contraption but fail woefully to come up with a development strategy to move the contraption out of the cesspit are the biggest HYPOCRITES AND SYCOPHANTS ever to roam the face of the planet.

If it is name calling you want to indulge in, go right ahead. But like Paddy_lo already revealed, the ibos are also some of the Hypocrites and Sycophants we have keeping Nigeria where it is today. I am not sure how you suddenly want to REMOVE yourself from the problem you gladly helped create, and think those saying NO to your requests are the hypocrites and the sychophants this time. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If it is name calling you want to indulge in, go right ahead. But like Paddy_lo already revealed, the ibos are also some of the Hypocrites and Sycophants we have keeping Nigeria where it is today. I am not sure how you suddenly want to REMOVE yourself from the problem you gladly helped create, and think those saying NO to your requests are the hypocrites and the sychophants this time. ROFLMAO!!!

To-chi, advise, don't reply this person.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On May 20, 2010
@To-Chi, I think you are intelligent enough to handle, your own. You don't need someone who probably does not believe you can handle serious discussions, telling you what to do or not do, or do you?
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ekpakpo: 4:52pm On May 20, 2010
People clamour for secession when they no more believe in the existing federation; The Biafran state may not be a success but we can't be too sure!

I am personally concerned about the possible loss of lives and properties if secession were to occur; The seemingly huge sacrifice may not be worth it.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by jcross19: 4:58pm On May 20, 2010
some people won't let biaffra to stand b,cos majority of those who oppose the freedom of biaffra on here might have invested much in nigeria either by emotional or money. okay how do you expect an igbo man who have married to another tribe to support biaffra? ahahahah if you see any guy on here claim to be igbo and is against the biaffra don't blame him or her b,cos you don't know what it's wrong with his or er life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools / I Made A Mistake In National Id Card Registration Can I Change It? / Deputy Governor Of Adamawa Visits Refugees Deported From Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.