Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! (9188 Views)

Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. / IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake. CNN. / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

i wasn't talkin to you so,

Then why did you quote and bold my writing? undecided
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2009
asha 80:

You are fool if you do not know he was actually being sarcastic there.

Nigeria begins bitumen exploitation in Ondo State
07-02-05 Exploitation of the vast tarsand, otherwise known as bitumen, has started in Ondo State, with a promise that product from the mineral deposit would be experimented on some roads in the state.
Air-Vice Marshall Dagash, while addressing the assembly of host communities at an open forum on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) held at Iju-Odo, Ondo State, said a number of roads consisting local, state and federal would be tarred, to ascertain the suitability of the product before offering it for sale to the outside world. The roads, which he said would be tarred in the next one month, would be a test ground for the progress the consortium has recorded in the exploitation of the hard mineral.

BEECON had carried out a lot of studies on the environment impact its operation could have on host communities, in line with the directive of the United States and "we obeyed this to avoid the mistake of the past," Dagash said.
"We have learnt from experience of the environment degradation of the oil exploration and exploitation. In a move not to repeat the mistake, that is why we are here today. That is why we put together a team of consultants to assist us on the way to start on a solid foundation."

He spoke on the problems caused by oil exploitation in the Niger-Delta region and said, "we must not fall into that pit, more so when we are indigenous company."
Dagash allayed the fear of the host communities on gas flaring, failure to pay compensation and insensitivity to the plight of the people.

Earlier, Chairman of the occasion and the Abodi of Ikaleland, Oba B.B. Faduyile, expressed joy that bitumen exploitation has commenced after much pessimism. He charged BEECON not to pay lip service to the welfare of the people and to avoid error of the oil areas.
"You are coming to our area to take away our mineral and to assist our people. To enjoy this joint venture, we implore you to understand the operation of our communities," he said.

Present at the forum were, Professors E.A. Fayose, A. Adefila, Mrs Kofoloja Olugbesan, Chief C.O. Ikuejiminu and Dr Niyi Okunlola among others
http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/news/nta50835.htm

I guess ondo people are also running away from ondo.

Congrats but alot of rich ondo people live in Lagos so what is your point.
Ondo state is damn near bigger than igbo land lol clown, so of course they can always migrate IN Ondo state.
mind you ondo's population isn't 50 million lol clown
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2009
No need arguing with a cow as you will viewed as one.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2009
asha 80:

No need arguing with a cow as you will viewed as one.

lol 50 million in ondo state abi? you sound so dumb

igboland isn't as big as ondo or oyo but you expect 50 million igbos to live there
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol 50 million in ondo state abi? you sound so dumb

igboland isn't as big as ondo or oyo but you expect 50 million igbos to live there

shocked Mumu take

[center][img]http://babajidesalu.files./2009/02/nigeria-languages.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by NiggNogg(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2009
Very Interesting map and you can see that if Nigeria is ever split up into factions that only the IJAW would have any money grin grin grin
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2009
NiggNogg:

Very Interesting map and you can see that if Nigeria is ever split up into factions that only the IJAW would have any money grin grin grin

I don't get it.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
ezeagu:

I don't get it.

i dont get your map either as i said 50 million igbos limited to a landlocked igboland/biafra
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

i dont get your map either as i said 50 million igbos limited to a landlocked igboland/biafra

You said Oyo and Ondo are bigger than Igboland, am I lying?
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2009
I said 5 tiny igbos states, that map is based on unwritten lines we are talkin about real geographical state lines.
You see igbos are everywhere but that doesn't mean where ever igbos are is their land.

Yorubas are in benin but that doesn't make benin yorubaland.

your map streches to ijaw, edo, calabar,urhobo populated states

try again tho
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by NiggNogg(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2009
ezeagu:

I don't get it.

They are where the black gold is to be found  grin grin grin
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Dede1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Governor Obi, no matter how much you want to HATE him now, was Elected by the people of the state. There is no record that he RIGGED his way to victory there.

If this crap you have just posted is tailored to the manner by which you form your opinions as you deliberately post them on this board and go haywire to argue that the junks are cardinal facts, you are indeed a falsification junkie not kobojunkie.

I do not venture into Nairaland to spearhead an agenda but seek the facts and contribute to the best of my knowledge. The last time Mr. Obi contested election for the governorship of Anambra State, he was declared a loser.

Again the primary function of the courts of any sovereign state is to perform redress in the society but elect individuals into office.

I do not give a damn hoot to whoever occupies any political position in the cesspit called Nigeria. I totally support and encourage any group or groups of individual that found it necessary to secede from the colonial contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Dede1, grow up!!! Instead of continually feeling the only way you can make your point, or put them across is by first stooping low to attack your opponent, why not post actual information to support your side of the debate, and then learn to accept the world does not revolve around you and your views of it?

Again, Obi was duely elected by the people. There is no record of him rigging his way into office. The courts declared him the winner, and so in this case, the people got the man they wanted. Hate him for not following along with your support of Massob, but do not then claim the people never elected him without providing some proof of these claims.

Having researched the Obi case myself, I can tell you for a fact that Anambra is one of the few states where the people can claim they got the man they wanted in office. Lagos is another one of those states. If you do not like his politics, that is fine and understandable but do not play the ABUJA DID IT TO US AGAIN card without some proof of such a claim in this case.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by fayahsoul: 12:27am On Aug 24, 2009
ndigbo did not select Obi as their leader. . .rather ndigbo selected a pre-selected candidate from the APGA political party that is funded by oil barons and business tycoons and monopolists.

He may be a lesser evil but he is still evil nonetheless
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by fayahsoul: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2009
@sjeezy

Have u been any where in igboland
?
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by MadMax1(f): 1:19am On Aug 24, 2009
Who is this 'Ndigbo' that didn't select Obi as their leader? The majority of Anambra voters who cast their vote for him, or the court that ruled in his favour after being presented with evidence that he won? Or is it his asinine PDP opponent that 'Ndigbo' chose to lead the state? You should know,since you speak for Ndigbo.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by slimghost(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2009
Some people show embarrasing ignorance here. Yall can hate Obi, but it doesnt change the fact that he was democratically elected by well meaning Anambrarians, and not some paid miscreants like the so called massob or Ndigbo.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Eziachi: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2009
akigbemaru:

If Igbo people can pack all their loads and move down to Biafran land. The five tiny states with just 27,500 km2 shore and 1,500 km2 off-shore. I would be glad.Then, when you subtract that from 920,000km2, Nigeria still has 891,000 km2. You and I know that after Biafrans realized their dreams, any Igbo present out of those aforementioned states would be extradite back to Igboland. That's why many Igbos in other parts other than SE denied their Igbo heritagegrin grin grin

Isn't this now an old and outdated rant? I thought we had gone over and beyond your usual illliterate geography lesson by now? If size of land of a nation is a measure of it's success, I am sure that Congo D.R and Algeria, plus Mauritania will be heaven now.
Mind you Monaco, where your leaders goes to hide their stolen money is smaller than Onitsha East local govt area by size.
Another illiterate graduate.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

I said 5 tiny igbos states, that map is based on unwritten lines we are talkin about real geographical state lines.
You see igbos are everywhere but that doesn't mean where ever igbos are is their land.

Yorubas are in benin but that doesn't make benin yorubaland.

your map streches to ijaw, edo, calabar,urhobo populated states

try again tho

Just as I suspected, you don't know anything about Igboland or even genral Nigerian history, are you uninformed enough to not know about the Ika Igbo and al the other Igbo subgroups that indigenous to west of the Niger? You further demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the east by naming "calabar" as an ethnicity. grin Quietly leave this thread. . . . . . .

Go and research harder and try again, start by looking at these maps:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/images/maps/delta/delta_ethnic.jpg

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/images/maps/rivers/rivers_ethnic.jpg

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/images/maps/akwa%20ibom/akwa%20ibom_ethnic.jpg
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Thank you @Max and @Slim_host. It baffles me how easily we choose to cry foul in this country. I am not an Obi Fan myself but I will readily admit that the man was elected by the people of the state. How someone can come on here to state that is not the case, then proceed to insult his way through is ridiculous.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2009
I am Igbo by origin, but am yet to see a valid and concrete point provided by the advocates of this useless disturbance called Biafra to justify their stance that it is the best way forward. They rather shout ''Biafra'' to the top of their voices without making assessments to forsee possible adverse effects.

Thank you!!!

Personally I think this Idea of Biafra will be a huge disaster if ever it is realized firstly because the region still harbours the same bunch of uneducated people who make up Nigeria. The word ''uneducated" as I used here doesn't just refer to the ability to read and write, but the ability to understand how exactly human beings should live and relate with one another. The south-east politicans, businessmen and office holders are still part of the corrupt and self- seeking assholes that are bringing the nation down to ruins today. So what difference does it make when these individuals leave their seats in Nigeria to take over a new role in Biafra?

Thank you!!! Take that crazy state Anambra as a case in point.

Secondly, I wish to make it clear that there is no perfect unity in every unit. Being together as Biafra will not necessarily rule out internal rancours, therefore there will always be a conflict of interests which can cause a civil war if care is not taken. For intance, a part of Biafra may claim they are being marginalized and may decide to secede and manage their own affairs which is also similar to the secession of Biafra from Nigeria. I also believe that the diversity and population of Nigeria is a untapped strenght and blessing, but unfortunately the country doesn't know how to utilize this gift. If Nigerians in the south-east did nothing to help themselves as a bigger Nigeria how then will they achieve something better in a smaller Biafra? Definitely Biafra will be one of the most poverty stricken and unstable nations on earth. You Biafran bigots should count me out of your shit. Nigerians need to secede from their uneducated attitude rather than seceding one part of the country from the other as a solution. I don talk my own.

Classic!!! I don't put the bolded past them. Igbo man is very very arrogant. Use their responses on this thread for example.

I give this post 5 stars!!! Make una hit your head on the wall. angry
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

Classic!!! I don't put the bolded past them. Igbo man is very very arrogant. Use their responses on this thread for example.

If there was a Biafra the political system would not be the same as Nigeria's wannabe American style, of course there would have to be a dictorship at first which may cause rifts that could lead to what the author said in that quoted text, but there would be no states and no god president, with that there will be no way of marginalisation, each region would have to pull their own weight, I agree with you that the Igbo is very arrogant, but if you let him his rugged individualism, he'll not have a problem, we had this before the British, and they sought to spite us with Nigeria, because they knew we would compete with their country very soon if they didn't do something. Forget all you heard about Biafra failing, because the international community simultaneously agreed that Biafra would have been a great nation.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2009
YEAH!!! cheesy cheesy@StillWater, it would be SHANGRI LA with Nigerians at the helm of things!!! wink wink!!!
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Eziachi: 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
I don't know how this issue descended into a Peter Obi issue. I think Obi comes into this discussion because the poster of this topic used Obi being slapped by the head by some MASSOB members as his reason he believes that Biafra will not work.

Which I find baffling because I can't see the connection and I had told the writer that instead of using that event as a negative to Biafra, I will rather use it as a positive towards accountable leadership because it shows that in Biafra unlike in Nigeria, the politicians will not take their people for granted or face the consequences including physical confrontation not just by the ballot box.

I then make use of the events in America, U.K, Germany and many other democracies, where politicians are often shouted down in town hall meetings or pelted with raw eggs, baking flour or animal manure by their electorate, and example recently being President Sarkozy of France, who was drenched with a bucket of stagnant water by a farmer in Toulouse in France over his recent Agricultural subsidy cut policies.
And I did mention also that democracy works only where the elected are scared of the electorate. Peter Obi was harassed by MASSOB members for his ordering of Nigeria army/police to shoot at sight the same people he claimed that put him into power and his action resulted in the death of over 287 people in Onitsha alone, including a heavily pregnant woman.

So whether Peter Obi was elected or selected, wrongly or rightly elected is not the point here, the point is that the people are remonstrating to him how they feel about what he has become on tasting power. I then observe that if these guys had the gut to confront him in the presence of his protectors, what will it be like for him and his co travellers inside Biafra alone?

I had to believe that Peter Obi was elected only by ridding on the back of the IKEMBA's personality (Just as "Dede" Sam Mbakwe/Jim Nwobodo did in 1979) and that is why MASSOB people felt betrayed by his action because he rode on the back of the person we all admired to get into power and then turn around to order shooting his own people. And only for his PR machine to comes out the next day that he was attacked for not funding MASSOB. MASSOB had been before Peter Obi is known by any Anambrarian and will still be there after he finished his tenure.

Our culture and forefathers believe that a leader is a servant of the people, a culture and believe we lost inside Nigeria trying to copy other, whose cultures are based in dictatorship of one man king and his subjects.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Onlytruth(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Ezeagu
Thanks for the maps! I know that dubious anti-Igbo elements will go to any lengths to try to convince the world that Igboland is just in 5 states of Nigeria.

stillwater:

Thank you!!!

And that is the classical Nigerian mindset towards anything Igbo! Your current CBN governor is making a complete fool of himself trying hard to reverse the gains of the Soludo years. While he is at it, he may bring down the Nigerian financial system too! That is Naija! Unrepentant, irredeemable and resolutely fixated with superficial sectional agenda. Someone even termed Soludo arrogant too! The problem with that term "arrogant" is that it is a highly relative term. All the past pace setters of the Obasanjo administration : Okonjo-iweala, Ezekwesili, Soludo, Akunyili, Ndi Okereke Onyuike and others were all arrogant!
I would rather be arrogant than wrong and backward thinking. You must accept Igbo with our arrogance or we must leave you to form our own country of arrogant people. You must chose one!
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2009
Onlytruth:

@Ezeagu
Thanks for the maps! I know that dubious anti-Igbo elements will go to any lengths to try to convince the world that Igboland is just in 5 states of Nigeria.

people say that igbo OWN those states.

Those maps only prove that igbos are the majority of their OWN 5 tiny states.

not every state that has igbo people is igboland or better yet an igbo state
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by fayahsoul: 3:49am On Aug 25, 2009
@ sjeezy

look, u are an afro-brazilian and yes u are a distant cousin and a brother but still u have no business here. . .so push back
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by sjeezy8: 3:55am On Aug 25, 2009
Ok clown didn't i say lagosian yoruba maybe you should do your homework on Nigerian history before you run your disgusting hands across the keyboard.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Dede1(m): 4:10am On Aug 25, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Dede1, grow up!!! Instead of continually feeling the only way you can make your point, or put them across is by first stooping low to attack your opponent, why not post actual information to support your side of the debate, and then learn to accept the world does not revolve around you and your views of it?

Again, Obi was duely elected by the people. There is no record of him rigging his way into office. The courts declared him the winner, and so in this case, the people got the man they wanted. Hate him for not following along with your support of Massob, but do not then claim the people never elected him without providing some proof of these claims.

Having researched the Obi case myself, I can tell you for a fact that Anambra is one of the few states where the people can claim they got the man they wanted in office. Lagos is another one of those states. If you do not like his politics, that is fine and understandable but do not play the ABUJA DID IT TO US AGAIN card without some proof of such a claim in this case.

Please may I beg your indulgence to the process of my growing up by requesting that a self-acclaimed researcher in you to provide answers to the following questions.

During the 2003 election, did INEC declared Mr. Obi’s opponent the winner and Mr. Obi the loser?

When Mr. Obi went to court to challenge the outcome of the aforementioned election was his court action instigated by referendum to do so by the people of Anambra State?

Did the courts ordered for recounts of votes or reelections if the previous elections were allegedly rigged?

If the courts ordered for the recount of votes, what percentile margin did Mr. Obi receive to be declared duly elected?

Do you not think that it is only in jungle such as Nigeria that courts can declare a candidate as winner of an election based on circumstantial evidence and hearsays?

Was the institution in Anambra State that impeached Mr. Obi not legally constituted?

Do you not think that it is a bastardization of legal process, only possible in a cesspit such Nigeria, that an apex court usurped the duty of the electorates in Anambra State by electing candidate to an office through an unprecedented ruling in which the candidate was never a part of electioneering process?

Is it not true that a justice delayed is a justice denied?

In real nations, is it not a fact that suspects in criminal cases who voluntarily accepted the commissions of crimes are sentenced to psychiatric examinations while the evidences linking the suspects to such crimes are persuade by the legal system?

Please while I wait for your scholarly erudition on the questions above, I wish to remind you; Madam Researcher that I shall continue to support any person or groups of persons that thought it is wise to secede from the colonial contraption called Nigeria.

Again, do not be offended by my questions because I am trying to grow up.
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Dede1(m): 4:28am On Aug 25, 2009
stillwater:

Thank you!!!

Classic indeed as only found in the world of fools.  Mr Obi could have been a toddler when eastern region of Nigeria was granted regional powers. Who could have thought by then that one Mr. Obi would become the governor of Anambra State not the same men of substances such as Chief Louis Mbanefo?
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by Onlytruth(m): 7:04am On Aug 25, 2009
OAK BLUFFS, Mass. – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, widely credited with taking aggressive action to avert an economic catastrophe after the financial meltdown last fall, will be nominated by President Barack Obama for a second term, The Associated Press learned Monday night.

Bernanke masterminded what is now seen as a successful strategy to lift the economy out of recession, unlock credit and stabilize financial markets in part by using unconventional and unprecedented lending programs.

Many on Wall Street and in academic circles believed that he would therefore be the best choice to lead the country into a sustainable recovery and would be in the best position to figure out when and how to reel in the trillions of dollars pumped into the economy to battle the crisis.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bernanke

The bolded is the same strategy employed by ex-CBN chief Charles Chukwuma Soludo to launch Nigeria's financial systems unto new heights. When he announced the "Strategic Agenda for the Naira", he forgot he was in Nigeria. He was aiming to make the Naira "the reference currency in Africa". Little did he know he was walking a minefield. He was termed "too aggressive". Before he could say "electricity", he was yanked down and replaced with a familiar type. We are back to where we started!
In a country that appreciates ingenuity, Soludo's contemporary is having his deserved second term in office. I'm not weeping for Nigeria. I need out! cry
Re: Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware! by ezeagu(m): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
sjeezy8:

people say that igbo OWN those states.

Those maps only prove that igbos are the majority of their OWN 5 tiny states.

not every state that has igbo people is igboland or better yet an igbo state

The fact is that Igboland (the land thousands of years older than any Nigerian state and Nigeria itself) stretches far past the five 'Igbo' states that are now known in Nigeria. Anybody who knows anything about Nigeria would know about the "Western Igbo" also called the "Delta Igbo" but more precisely the Ika, the Anioma, etc.

You were the same person accusing me of not being Nigerian, how have you now proved with your stupid post that you have even read an article on Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools / Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 / Presidential Mid-term Report Clashes With Fashola's Interactive Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.