Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Doyin Okupe Prostrated Repeatedly Before Obasanjo And Asks For Forgivenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe Prostrated Repeatedly Before Obasanjo And Asks For Forgivenes (451 Views)

Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe / Why I Wanted Wike Out Of Rivers –doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Prostrated Repeatedly Before Obasanjo And Asks For Forgivenes by topeorekoy(m): 5:23am On May 15, 2016
A former presidential aide, Doyin Okupe, has prostrated repeatedly before former President Olusegun Obasanjo, begging the former head of state to forgive him over insults he hurled at him while he (Okupe) served as spokesperson for ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Okupe visited Mr. Obasanjo on Sunday at his Hilltop G.R.A. residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, those familiar with the matter. The former presidential aide made the surprise visit to the former president to seek reconciliation after remaining estranged from the former leader for years.

Source said security operatives at Mr. Obasanjo’s residence initially blocked Mr. Okupe from accessing the former president’s home but that he was allowed in after “baba came downstairs and told the boys to let him in.” Photographs of the visit obtained show Mr. Okupe prostrating repeatedly and pleading for forgiveness.

Sources said Mr. Obasanjo initially rejected Mr. Okupe’s plea, saying “you cannot abuse me in the papers, on TV, on radio and on the streets and then come here to privately apologise.”

“Why don’t you mount the same platforms you used in abusing me to apologise to me?” a witness quoted Mr. Obasanjo as saying.

“Baba said he was baffled to see Okupe verbally assaulting him in the media just because he was given appointment by Jonathan,” the source said. “If he were a true son of Yorubaland, he would not have gone to that extent because Baba was the first to appoint him a media aide over 16 years ago.

READ MORE @

http://www.topeorekoyaofficial.com/2016/05/doyin-okupe-prostrated-repeatedly.html

Re: Doyin Okupe Prostrated Repeatedly Before Obasanjo And Asks For Forgivenes by chriskosherbal(m): 6:00am On May 15, 2016
Apologies in the air.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Price Hike: FG To Spend N500bn On Palliatives - Osinbajo / Amina Ali/sera Luka Drama / Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, Has Called Of The Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.