Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Who Is Going To Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Going To Heaven? (10964 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by emmygzy(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2016
BoboYekini:
I don't know what'd put me off more. The lack of püssy with rap playing on the stereo or having to be in church on Sundays. angry
join Islam, their own heaven is good, they will give you ten virgins, anytime you sleep with them, they will return back to virgin.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by sweetcocoa(f): 10:50am On May 15, 2016
kingsilly:

I know you won't miss such a threads grin
I couldn't even if I tried.grin
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by VictorRomanov: 10:54am On May 15, 2016
What are people going to heaven to do?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Its me. Only me grin
Greed grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by sowhatifiamibo(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2016
dragonEmperor:
Heaven is boring. Most xtians know this
Exactly!!! They don't seem to be in a hurry to leave this so-called "evil" materialistic world we live in to make it to heaven that they proclaim they love so much!!!! If heaven really exists and is real,why the hesitation?!!
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by sowhatifiamibo(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2016
VictorRomanov:
What are people going to heaven to do?
Good question!! grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Youngzedd(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2016
Decker:
There are over 3000 religions in the world and almost every of these religions preach of it's own eternal place of peace and happiness specially created for those that abide by it's principles. Christianity and Islam are just one out of many. And what's funny is that everyone believes his Religion is the right and every other one is wrong. That this eternal place of bliss is only for those under the umbrella of his religion.

In Christianity, the bible is interpreted differently by different people, and when these people move to begin their own churches, they indoctrinate their followers with their own idea and these followers blindly accept their interpretation of the scripture. That's why there is division and various belief system under the body of Christianity.

Now from a Christian perspective, if heaven does exist, what's the basis by which people will get into heaven, since obviously, there are various denominations who draw their own different doctrines from the same bible? How is God going to judge people? Will he judge them based on their own denominational heavenly principles? If so, then that means the process of making heaven is subjective and hugely dependent on personal interpretation. That means I can wake up tomorrow and interpret the bible my own way and say that this is what I am going to do to make heaven. Lol.

Did God spend so much time creating this beautiful, everlasting place of happiness for just a particular small sect of people who can interpret his words right? That would be injustice, wouldn't it, cause most people were indoctrinated into these beliefs and indoctrination doesn't create space for appraisal, after all, they are still serving him. Why doesn't God just come down and tell us which doctrine and religious denomination is actually the right one?

Every religious denomination can boldly attest to you that God speaks directly to them and it's God that instructs them specifically on the principles to follow in order to make heaven. If this is true. does that mean God speaks from different sides of his mouth? Why tell a section of people one thing and then tell another section something entirely different? You see how delusional people can be? No one speaks to anyone, and even if in actuality God does speak to people, then it means he enjoys causing confusion and division among his believers.

When you critical examine all of these things, you will realize that heaven doesn't exist. Even if it does, it's only in the minds of deluded people who can't come to terms with death, so they fantasize about a "better" place specially created for them after they die.

Well said. Thread closed.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by shamecurls(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2016
It will be alphabetically and my name happens to start with "A"
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by dragonEmperor(f): 11:41am On May 15, 2016
tayadof9ja:
stop being a FOOL.
Only a FOOL knows a fool.
You must be a FOOL to spot that.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by dragonEmperor(f): 11:42am On May 15, 2016
miketayo:

wat if u dont find them in hell ? wat if they r in heaven?
We can only find out when we are dead.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:42am On May 15, 2016
Pejah:

Greed grin
Lol
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by dragonEmperor(f): 11:44am On May 15, 2016
sowhatifiamibo:

Exactly!!! They don't seem to be in a hurry to leave this so-called "evil" materialistic world we live in to make it to heaven that they proclaim they love so much!!!! If heaven really exists and is real,why the hesitation?!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven-2baba
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by tayadof9ja(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2016
dragonEmperor:

Only a FOOL knows a fool.

You must be a FOOL to spot that.
i'll not answer u,u knw why? The wise reads while the fool types.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by dragonEmperor(f): 12:03pm On May 15, 2016
tayadof9ja:
i'll not answer u,u knw why? The wise reads while the fool types.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by gsparks01(m): 12:07pm On May 15, 2016
Correction: the Apostolic Faith doesn't consider anyone using drugs or visiting d hospital a sinner rather, what is encouraged is to believe in God for healing.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 15, 2016
People who went to church today will go to heaven.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by TrajansKong: 12:46pm On May 15, 2016
adexgii:

do u believe that air exist, if yes, has anyone seen air b4?

Please tell me you are joking!! No legal adult can be this moronic! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by benji93: 1:01pm On May 15, 2016
Decker:
There are over 3000 religions in the world and almost every of these religions preach of it's own eternal place of peace and happiness specially created for those that abide by it's principles. Christianity and Islam are just one out of many. And what's funny is that everyone believes his Religion is the right and every other one is wrong. That this eternal place of bliss is only for those under the umbrella of his religion.

In Christianity, the bible is interpreted differently by different people, and when these people move to begin their own churches, they indoctrinate their followers with their own idea and these followers blindly accept their interpretation of the scripture. That's why there is division and various belief system under the body of Christianity.

Now from a Christian perspective, if heaven does exist, what's the basis by which people will get into heaven, since obviously, there are various denominations who draw their own different doctrines from the same bible? How is God going to judge people? Will he judge them based on their own denominational heavenly principles? If so, then that means the process of making heaven is subjective and hugely dependent on personal interpretation. That means I can wake up tomorrow and interpret the bible my own way and say that this is what I am going to do to make heaven. Lol.

Did God spend so much time creating this beautiful, everlasting place of happiness for just a particular small sect of people who can interpret his words right? That would be injustice, wouldn't it, cause most people were indoctrinated into these beliefs and indoctrination doesn't create space for appraisal, after all, they are still serving him. Why doesn't God just come down and tell us which doctrine and religious denomination is actually the right one?

Every religious denomination can boldly attest to you that God speaks directly to them and it's God that instructs them specifically on the principles to follow in order to make heaven. If this is true. does that mean God speaks from different sides of his mouth? Why tell a section of people one thing and then tell another section something entirely different? You see how delusional people can be? No one speaks to anyone, and even if in actuality God does speak to people, then it means he enjoys causing confusion and division among his believers.

When you critical examine all of these things, you will realize that heaven doesn't exist. Even if it does, it's only in the minds of deluded people who can't come to terms with death, so they fantasize about a "better" place specially created for them after they die.
Seyi Signs in..................Well written bro, but in spite of the fact that numerous denominations draw their doctrines from different parts of the Bible, there is only one message that threads through all. Love the lord thy God and only him must you worship. I do not care what you think of any of the messengers of old, whether you think of them as great prophets or sons of God, it is a waste of time, rather putting the words of the prophets into practice is peremptory. Tht was the essence of our creation in the first place, ''worship''.God directed the Isrealites to do this, Jesus repeated it again. The notion of heaven was out of the question in the beginning, before satan fell and man erred. So in the advent of the coexistence of good and evil, there needed to be a reason for us to keep ourselves upright. Thts heaven.The notion that there is a reward for the good deeds we do.The devil promises you some reward if you worship him doesn't he? God also promised you a reward if you keep worshiping him, fair enough.Would we rather seek for power and success in the habitations of men or just a place beside God worshiping him day and night. Heaven is to test our commitment to our purpose, Worship, i do not know how God actually wants it, whether we will remain here worshiping him eventually, though that is most likely, or we will dwell with the angels, but the moment something came in to undermine our main purpose, there had to be the notion of a higher purpose, that is just fair enough, as we were deprived of some necessary conditions needed to keep worshipping God, if there was not a notion of heaven ,what would we think God, a God that doesnt care about us.The devil seeks every means to confirm that God made a mistake creating us, and that we cannot worship him without provisions from God, indicating, we are materialistic, we only worship he that provides us with needs. God on the other hand seeks to prove to satan that some of us will still understand that he God created us, and we owe him the obligation of worshipping him. Thts is why Satans campaign majorly involves providing us with our material needs, but God's campaign involves rewarding us with a place beside him, worshipping him day and night. Tht does not mean that God's campaign involves depriving you of all your basic needs, no, it only means you might not have those needs in excess. I am sorry for using this notion but that is a fair deal between God and the devil in trying to prove their claims.So God does not have to prove to the devil that he is greater than him by destroying him, he only has to prove it through us, because we are the source of the devils rebellion, not that we caused his rebellion, but he rebeled because of us.So in my opinion the notion of heaven is a test,would we choose absolute spirituality in God or absolute materiality in the devil, we only have to accept that heaven is real cos it is from the mind of God,so that again is another test, do we believe in what God tells us. The earlier you strive towards your original purpose the better for you, we lay toom uch emphasis on the existence of a reward for our worship ,when in deed with or without a reward we must worship God.May the peace of God abide with us....................... Seyi Signs out

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by tosinjay(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2016
Op@ademega
In the world we have several religious sects, narrow it down to Christianity, it's sad to say something that can't be hidden, to know the way some are born into it and some are quite far from close to it. The bible makes it clear that very few will make heaven opposed to what people believe that God isn't that wicked to allow that, it's not about Him being wicked if He allows it but being true to His word. He respects His word even more than any of His names you may know. Also sadly but true, the things of the kingdom is not given to all to know but those who were brought up in it will have their fair share in hell if they end up there including ME. That's more conviction anyone must have to sojourn in this world.

I run biz and people doubt when it comes to proving myself to be genuine, ooh mehn if i owe you na me dey beg you to collect your money sef, this is not because of fear but the love of being upright because the world has standard of uprightness and they deem it alright to do some certain things but contrary to the bible, the standard is so different from that of earthly norms. bible says owe no man nothing but love, people might be thinking this passage only make emphasis on loving people as ones self, but it's also letting us know in owing it's only love that we can be indebted to others for. Meaning debts is a no no unless done within it's bounds.

After all the religious sects around the world, let's come to Christianity. Screen among Christians and move out those churches with abominable doctrines come down to those with believe that to make heaven one must live holy and solely relying and having faith in Christ while they work out their faith/salvation with fear and trembling. Then among those there are still bad eggs, those who self-righteous and are hypocrites who haven't crucified the flesh, narrow down to those that got the 9 fruits of the spirit who constantly pray without seizing while being watchful as bible comands against easily besettings, who turns the other cheek.
Note: Those are the once who will make it if they endure till the end and i know they are in this world but few.

Those outside that group can make it by mercy if they're drawn to godly sorrow of being lost and come seeking for mercy and Christ before death or the rapture. The first shall be the last and the last first.

I've been following sweetcocoa and i read a lot from her likes and then she says stuffs sometimes that make me wanna click that unfollow button, maybe I'll eventually do but what I've come to know is that.
To those forming or claiming Christians here and attacking her and her likes you people are not better, because you don't use wisdom or even know God to know the loving cares He has for us bashing atheist and raining insults, na una own go worse pass because all they need is say the word and pray for them at your own closet and not showcasing how ignorant about godliness we are, una think say na every believer go make heaven? you believe but using wrong medium to convey that to an atheist who might have more knowledge than you in what you think you believe. I've never said anything to her and that pastor who turned atheist because their case no be to come dey claim Jesus without truly knowing Him. One thing that moved me to follow her is that she recognizes that the standard of heaven is high and so therefore unrealistic or so, even if she's always saying "bish" as she calls it at least she figured that out but many so called Christians don't and they display it here even when they believe in everything about heaven.
Peace
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by johnstin(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2016
DESNAT:
there is heaven,there is hell.....but church doctrines are not d requirement for making heaven. Salvation is d sure ticket 4 heaven. misinterpretation of d scripture is our major problem in Nigeria,we focus more on the external appearance(which doesn't really matter) than the internal(salvation). by God's Grace we shall all make it to heaven.

It is only those that have been saved by the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and remain holy till death or rapture that wilk make it to heaven.

Church doctrine or no church doctrine, the requirement to make it to heaven is holiness.

True christains are led by the spirit of GOD. Anyone that disobeys the spirit of GOD will not make it to heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by AGideon(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2016
Well, According to the bible, God will judge every man according to His word(contained in the bible),and not some personal opinion or interpretation. So i'll counsel you, first, get saved if you are not saved yet, then ask the Holy Spirit to give you the right interpretation of God's words. Obey and keep to them faithfully till the end.

Bible says by their fruit ye shall know them. Ask for guidiance in seeking a Sound bible believing church. I believe this will help you on your journey to Heaven.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by seankay(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2016
johnstin:

It is only those that have been saved by the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and remain holy till death or rapture that wilk make it to heaven.

Church doctrine or no church doctrine, the requirement to make it to heaven is holiness.

True christains are led by the spirit of GOD. Anyone that disobeys the spirit of GOD will not make it to heaven.
just one question for you

what if you were born into a Buddhist family from India,would you be a christain today?
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Injera(f): 2:39pm On May 15, 2016
The people that is really going to heaven,are peoples who are walking in total obedience to God's word.Those that have been redeemed and purchased by the blood of Christ.Those that have repented of their sinful life style. Those that have their name writing in the book of Life.Those who abide by this scripture .Hebrew : 12 vs 14.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2016
MetaHuman:
Why would I wanna go to heaven and be praising some wicked fat man with beard all eternity. That's complete slavery! That's not how I wanna spend my eternity.

I wanna go to a thug mansion like 2pac.
Everything describe in thug mansion sounds like a perfect place to spend all eternity.
When I die, F*ck it I wanna go to HELL
Coz amma piece of s*h*i*t
It aint hard to f*cking tell
It don't make sense going to heaven
With them goodies goodies, Dressed in white
I like Black Tims & Black Hoodies
- notorious BIG

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Creamz(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2016
dragonEmperor:
how can you make a statement like this. Have you been to heaven before?? Heaven can never be boring!
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Creamz(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2016
dragonEmperor:
how can you make a statement like this. Have you been to heaven before?? Praising God is not boring, so heaven can never be boring
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by nelson16(m): 3:44pm On May 15, 2016
Now from a Christian perspective, if heaven does exist, ...

What a screaming contradiction! It cannot be a Christian perspective that heaven's existence is probabilistic.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by nelson16(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2016
He looks to the cross, Who responds to the invitation to light, Who accepts the testimony of God about His son, Who believes the creator!
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 15, 2016
emmygzy:
join Islam, their own heaven is good, they will give you ten virgins, anytime you sleep with them, they will return back to virgin.
cheesy Nice idea. But I want a porn star. A Mary Magdalene or a Rahab. Or one of Lot's nasty girls.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by nelson16(m): 3:57pm On May 15, 2016
Not everyone will enter heaven. Only those whose names are inscribed in the Lamb’s book of life will be there (Rev. 21:27). What must one do to have his or her name entered in the Lamb’s book of life?
First he (or she) must recognize that he is a sinner and therefore under divine condemnation (Psa. 51:5; Rom. 5:12,18,19; 3:10,23; John 3:18,36).
Next, he must realize that he cannot enter heaven by his own merit or effort (Eph. 2:8,9; Tit. 3:5).
Third, he must repent of his sins (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 17:30; 20:21). Repentance is a change of mind and heart which causes one to turn from sin unto the Saviour.
Last, he must receive Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour, the One who died for his sins upon the cross and rose again from the grave (John 1:12; 3:15,16; 5:24; Acts 16:31; Rom. 10:9-13; 1 Cor. 15:14).
Are you prepared? If not, personally trust in the Lord Jesus Christ today. If you are prepared, then live and testify for Him who loved you and gave Himself for you (Gal. 2:20).

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by bqoND(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2016
Funny things about the Gods and their religions, always looking for attention. But I gat none to give.
Re: Who Is Going To Heaven? by Immorttal: 4:12pm On May 15, 2016
Nixiepie:
so what can u call someone that believe in God buh don't attend church services?
there is nothing like a God bae,we,ve been scammed. Am a Pantheist,the Universe is the God we,ve been searching.Through it our existence was manifested.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. / Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.