Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike (20566 Views)

NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Yhinkss(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2016
elmisti:

in drakes voice *u sold ur soul*
So happy just go on and sell yours too to ALI BOKO SHERIFF and FAYOSHIT a nice combo, dunce
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by elmisti(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2016
Yhinkss:

So happy just go on and sell yours too to ALI BOKO SHERIFF and FAYOSHIT a nice combo, dunce

sorry bro. I don't get paid for dis... I only get to spend my pay well if d nation is in order
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by chikel2000(m): 1:18pm On May 15, 2016
demolinka:
What would d strike achieve? On d long run market forces will force a downward review of price, why not just be patient? Plus d FG is already planning some palliatives to mitigate the effects of the increase.
Like?
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by ojuu4u(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=tuale4u post=45632903]http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/203416-nigerian-pilots-engineers-shun-nlc-back-govt-fuel-price-hike.

IF U CAN ALLOW YOUR SALARIES AND WAGES COME DOWN AND BE AS PAR CIVIL SERVANT SALARIES. I wll biliv u
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 15, 2016
kYjelly2:
bet [size=14pt]osinbajo[/size] said, price hike is because of currency, not removal of subsidy
145 naira for petrol!! I'm still working on believing this shhh

When I was pumping my gas today, I just kept staring, gawking even, at that price per liter, 145 and smh angry
Osinbanjo approx= Obisanjo =Obasanjo...hmmn undecided
undecided grin

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by SHAIBULIAR: 2:11pm On May 15, 2016
NLC YOU ARE OYO

#istandwithbuhari

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by SHAIBULIAR: 2:26pm On May 15, 2016
PETROL PRICE IN SOME AFRICAN COUNTRIES.
KENYA - N241.03
S/AFRICA - N237.05
GHANA - N211.15
ETHIOPIA - N197.21
TUNISIA - N181.27
EGYPT - N175.3
ANGOLA - N151.39
NIGERIA - N145
ALGERIA - N53.78
LIBYA - N23.9
(Source - Dailytrust, Thursday 12/5/16 on page 5).
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by tuko75: 2:30pm On May 15, 2016
Are we not in this country when NEPA was privatized, followed by the political benefit attached to that. Now, are we really benefit the privatization of NEPA? Any political promises attached to the removal of fuel subsidy is another promises that will fall on dry soil with no germination at the end of the day. Is high time Nigerians learn from what will benefit them than playing into the hands of politicians who take advantage them at all time.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Abesodiq(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2016
haywire07:
Who wan lose him job cos he join strike .

Anybody dat wants to join d strike Shld join ,make baba sack dem and replace dem wit us

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 15, 2016
cole265:

That is exactly what I wona know. Is subsidy removed or not??
Help me ask them o

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by sarolad(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2016
Subsidy or no Subsidy life goes on
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 15, 2016
Joarams:

The debate is beyond SUBSIDY. Subsidy is when government pays petrol marketers (filling station retailers) to sell at a regulated price despite the prevailing market price. We were never supposed to be in that permanent state. The government was supposed to constantly recalculate pump price both upwards and downwards within the subsidy regime (using rules of the Petrol Equalization Fund) therefore resulting in savings for the government in times of low oil prices and losses in times of high oil prices.

Today, we're in the not-so-different era of PRICE MODULATION I.e. not complete regulation. Which is why it has been termed GUIDED DEREGULATION by some analysts. Government will use more realistic price calculators like exchange rate factors to determine the best pump price (or a price band) for retailers and this is expected to be done more frequently (I believe quarterly now). Government will NOT pay subsidy to anyone for any interim losses, so at such times (prior to price recalculations, in case of sharp market fluctuations) citizens will witness speculation, hoarding and the other market gimmicks which are realities in any real (imperfect) market.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by sarolad(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2016
Abesodiq:

What is this one saying?
sarolad:
Subsidy or no Subsidy life goes on
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by mikolo80: 2:48pm On May 15, 2016
kYjelly2:
bet osinbajo said, price hike is because of currency, not removal of subsidy undecided

145 naira for petrol!! I'm still working on believing this shhh

When I was pumping my gas today, I just kept staring, gawking even, at that price per liter, 145 and smh angry
fuel used to be 11 naira. so don't worry e go soon master us.it's the excuse they will make for raising it when oil prices rise that I want to see
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by saintmark88(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
There is no time tht would be right to stop subsidizing fuel, NLC, they r very senseless, why do they hope to achieve with d strike, d govt has told u d reason for d new price n promised it will go down n 8months, instead to them to dialog with d govt, as per mayb increase n salaries for workers, so pple can adjust a li2 to d new price, they r saying revert it, even if u revert it now, later it will still come up...smtimes I wonder if dz NLC guys reason at al...... They want to tke us back, govt cNt afford to pay subsidy not when d price of crude has fallen to were it is, d activities n d ND n massive corruption involved n subsidy..... GEJ was right, but GEJ made a mistake by waking up one Jan 1 after Xmas celebratn to tell us Tht subsidy has been scrapped, when d there was nothing wrong..... Thts y we kicked against it then, but now it has to go... Say no to NLC strike
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Infinitikoncept(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

No two ways about it... Ministers looking for 20m houses are free to resign, unnecessary convoy for airport shuttle should be a thing of the past, Bubu has no reason to hold on to those jets, if he isn't getting fair market value, he should lobby some rich Nigerians to lease them...

The belt tightening should be across board not only the poor masses that didn't benefit beyond the ordinary when the 100$+ P.B Crude price bazaar was going on..

P.S... As for NASS cutting down, forget it, it's never going to happen...

If NLC were really serious, they would pressure NASS to open the Budget to public scrutiny, Even Ben Bruce that blew hot air about making public their earnings has developed amnesia about that promise!
Seriously I've been looking for a copy of the approved budget. Do you have a copy ma?
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Infinitikoncept(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2016
saintmark88:
There is no time tht would be right to stop subsidizing fuel, NLC, they r very senseless, why do they hope to achieve with d strike, d govt has told u d reason for d new price n promised it will go down n 8months, instead to them to dialog with d govt, as per mayb increase n salaries for workers, so pple can adjust a li2 to d new price, they r saying revert it, even if u revert it now, later it will still come up...smtimes I wonder if dz NLC guys reason at al...... They want to tke us back, govt cNt afford to pay subsidy not when d price of crude has fallen to were it is, d activities n d ND n massive corruption involved n subsidy..... GEJ was right, but GEJ made a mistake by waking up one Jan 1 after Xmas celebratn to tell us Tht subsidy has been scrapped, when d there was nothing wrong..... Thts y we kicked against it then, but now it has to go... Say no to NLC strike
If it doesn't go down in eight months nko?
Cox d last jibe BRF threw is yet to improve, prepaid meters are still missing in most homes that applied & all we get are promise
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Infinitikoncept(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2016
tuko75:
Are we not in this country when NEPA was privatized, followed by the political benefit attached to that. Now, are we really benefit the privatization of NEPA? Any political promises attached to the removal of fuel subsidy is another promises that will fall on dry soil with no germination at the end of the day. Is high time Nigerians learn from what will benefit them than playing into the hands of politicians who take advantage them at all time.
Who the hell is spending our forex that belongs to us & should be used to import PMS for us since the government promise to build refinery in six months seem to look like rocket science cox d last time I checked form A na die to apply for, form M na to go mountain before they ration USD to you & by the time u get it you gats pay as high as additional 60-70 to the bank officials or you forfeit it, ATM withdrawals using naija card abroad are at black market rate. So what are they using our forex for?
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Ejehjoe(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2016
Logical Reason!
Chief Joseph is a petroleum importer. He imports 10 million litre of petrol at the of cost of N95 per litre.

He report to the DPR that he has imported 15 million litres at the cost of N105 per litre, requesting N30 subsidy per litre.

DPR sends Mr. Yusif a inspection and monitoring officer, to measure and verify the authenticity of the claims.

Chief Joseph offered Mr. Yusif a bribe of the applied subsidy in liew of 1 million liters, which Yusif reject instantly, requesting that of 3million liters so that, it can comfortably go round to his bosses.

Apparently they ended up agreeing on 2.5m liters each. The deal is strucked, Mal. Yusif and his Bosses ended up with N75,000,000 while Joseph, the importer gain N400,000,000 on the deal They jointly cheated the government the sum of N175,000,000.

Finally Chief Joseph divert 75% of the product to the black market and sell at N120 per liter to the masses. Later the government will also pay the cost of transporting 15 million liters to the allocated filling stations across the country.

Thats exactly the case of petroleum subsidy in Nigeria. So isn't it better for the government to invest those savings of hundreds of Billions of Naira wasted every year on subsidy, on life touching projects?
It will be an act of foolishness for us to continue to subsidise petrol and and peg the price at a ridiculously lower rate much more lower than all our neighbours where the product is being smuggled to.

What will happen in that circumstance is that fuel will be diverted to where profit will be maximised and the diverters will still collect subsidy. The masses in which the subsidy is targeted at will suffer on queue or buy at prices far higher than the subsidised rate......They will also suffer from extremely dilapidated infrastructures whose money has been diverted to fund subsidy.

Deregulation, therefore, is for the masses. In the short run, they will feel the effect. Although, they will see growth in infrastructures and social welfare of the government. And in the long run, the benefit will become total and pains will disappear because price will fall ridiculously and the market will stabilise.

We cannot be subsidise for greedy marketers at N87 while our neighbours sell as follows:

Niger......N190
Cameroun. .....N200
Ghana..............N198
Chad.................N180
Benin.................N190

So how on earth are we going to get fuel at N87? It is just criminally natural that there will be diversion, Scarcity, pains and corruption because the marketers will outsmart us all!

Although, it is N28 in Saudi Arabia but they have about 20 functional refineries with high capacity. We never built in the surplus days, neither did we upgrade the obsolete ones. It is N128 in the USA despite their enormous infrastructures in the oil sector.

But I saw a friend post. He stays in the UK. He was lamenting and inciting people against the government for embarking on deregulation. I know him very well as a fantastic Wailer. So I told him "what's your point?"....he said "the price is just too high".....I said "how much"....'N145' he replied. Then I asked him "how much is petrol in the UK?"...He didn't reply me. I waited for 1hr to no avail. I then sent him this....

"S***i, you are an hypocrite and your conscience is the prison I will condemn you into. Petrol is over N300 where you live in London and you are busy saying nonsense to your people at home. You're a big shame and I'm really sorry for you."

He replied "LOL"

I said "I wish you the same".

Shared
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by dharmmy007(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2016
The major reason why the masses will kick against this is because of the poor standard of living: income isn't coming in the way it should be, salaries r not regular, loans r eating up the little money which the government (governor, better put) pays;which is even irregular, leaving them with peanuts after deduction of tonnes of debts which have been previously owed... With all these hardship, the little change left on them, will now be used to buy fuel at the rate of 145 naira, with probably an adjusted dispensing fuel pump again .... I feel for Nigerian, d point is our leaders especially d president is putting more firewood into the fire than it can take all at once cry
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by henryuzor(m): 3:13pm On May 15, 2016
NLC totally got it wrong.....they should have accepted the new price of 145 and ask for increment of minimum wage...it is when the govt now refuses to increase minimum wage that a strike action should have been called out and you would have seen the massive support Nigerians would have given them

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by saintmark88(m): 3:35pm On May 15, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

If it doesn't go down in eight months nko?
Cox d last jibe BRF threw is yet to improve, prepaid meters are still missing in most homes that applied & all we get are promise

If it doesn't, then we would hold d govt responsible, but not not to give it a try, is like sitting on a keg of gun powder, it will definitely explode
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by saintmark88(m): 3:36pm On May 15, 2016
henryuzor:
NLC totally got it wrong.....they should have accepted the new price of 145 and ask for increment of minimum wage...it is when the govt now refuses to increase minimum wage that a strike action should have been called out and you would have seen the massive support Nigerians would have given them

Thts y I said, these guys dnt think, Dt NLC leader, no Sabi anything
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Inova(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerians must endure Buhari and kick him out in 2019

So that we can vote another corrupt gangster in abi?
And start all over again
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Infinitikoncept(m): 4:16pm On May 15, 2016
saintmark88:

If it doesn't, then we would hold d govt responsible, but not not to give it a try, is like sitting on a keg of gun powder, it will definitely explode
Tell me how you planned holding the government responsible for not fulfilling the promise
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by jestkev(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Brooklynsouth:
Whether zombies like it or not nigeria must be on total lock down ........ No light,close all petrol station,shut down the airport so bubu won't travel ,shut down the seaport and restrict movement in nigeria these must come to past iseeeee nonsense GEJ was right afterall
Any eyes dat is waiting patiently to see the downfall of Nigeria shall go blind. The mouth that speak against Nigeria shall go dumb. And de ear shall go deaf. Mak God purnish dat basterd wen no wish Nigeria well becouse of politics. Smilling and suffering. Thank God Nigerians are getting politically matured and wise bucouse of what some Bulukutu, idiot, fowl nyaash, ogogoro drunkered, uwi, had done to us. Nigerian wise thinker must be patient with APC government. There are intruders trying to distract dis govt. Go buy chillin tab and shut ur ass off what u dont know. We have for long suffered in dis country. We need a change and ready to pay de price which is what we are curently. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by saintmark88(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Tell me how you planned holding the government responsible for not fulfilling the promise

Simple!!! boot them out in 2019
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by amaechi1: 4:55pm On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerians must endure Buhari and kick him out in 2019

You can talk about of 2019 and fuel scarcity because, Boko haram have not run down Nigeria. Sometime, last year and beyond Nigeria was hoping BH will run us down. Now we have remarkable achievement, yet complain about fuel.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2016
saintmark88:

Simple!!! boot them out in 2019
I just fainted. Lols
Count the number of promises they have denied & you will understand why someone like me won't believe them especially when uncle lie is the only one that is optimistic in naija wahala with promises of jobs.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by giftedben: 6:02pm On May 15, 2016
This is the time you begin to see reasons why the first son never need to complain because all the delicious dishes are always in front of him. The oil blocks are owned by people in Government together with some private individuals. And these same people control the media. They make it seem as if the NLC are going on strike because of increase in fuel price. But they never gave reasons why the NLC wants to go on strike. You can't increase fuel price without increasing workers salaries. History have taught us that Nigeria Government is a total failure and never to be trusted because they never make polices that favors the economy but their personal pockets. An example will be the power sector despite an increase in electricity tariff yet no improvement in electricity supply. If Nigeria Citizens don't occupy Nigeria on Wednesday than the citizens are as good as dead in terms of hardship. Don't be deceived by Government officials they don't feel our pains. The only thing they feel is their massive salaries, outstanding bonuses, N36000000 private cars and their travel allowances. Come Wednesday #OccupyNigeria
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by saintmark88(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

I just fainted. Lols
Count the number of promises they have denied & you will understand why someone like me won't believe them especially when uncle lie is the only one that is optimistic in naija wahala with promises of jobs.

But fear of changing the status quo because of failed promises, like I said, only postpones dooms day, 'person no dey bad finish', so let's change d status quo n c where it tkes us, we cannot continue with d same thing n expect tins to be better....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Stops PDP From Holding Convention Till September 7 / Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency / Atiku’s Running Mate: PDP Raises Panel As Wike, Okowa Lobby For VP Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.