Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends (1516 Views)

Ruling Concerning Post-burial Gathering / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by fatimahzahra(f): 10:48am On May 15, 2016
Salam alaeykum all,

I would like to know places where Muslims can hangout or connect with other Muslims preferably in Lagos on weekends, Sundays especially.

It might be programmes or anything but it's consistent.

Thanks as you help.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by MrOlai: 11:30am On May 15, 2016
You can try MICA or MSSN. They have branches across Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Newnas(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2016
Sheikh Najmuddeen Sulaiman holds halqah @Ogba every Sunday. please try to attend, I hope you will benefit greatly from the gathering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by lobaloba88: 8:05pm On May 16, 2016
What type of gathering and what activities?
I've learned not to look for places and activities that end up making me commit Bidah!
The Sunnah (Fiqh) is there to learn from, the Holy Quran too.
Why not learn to read the Quran instead or learn to speak Arabic.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Empiree: 2:46am On May 17, 2016
I was going to ask what type of gathering it is Mr. Newnas?. You have condemned several gatherings by people you deem "Al-bida'a". So what's the title of their gathering, please?

@ lobaloba88, you people really need to slow down. Do you actually think everyone gets time to pick up the Quran or study figh to learn no matter how you encourage them?. Including you actually. Lots of people learn by listening to shuyuk, Uztaz, Mualim etc. Gathering for remembrance of Allah or lectures to benefit muslims is never mukruh nor haram. There are plenty ahadith in support of this. You only condemn those who might step off the line.

Stop sniffing around for "innovation". It is not healthy.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Newnas(m): 6:39am On May 17, 2016
Empiree:
I was going to ask what type of gathering it is Mr. Newnas?. You have condemned several gatherings by people you deem "Al-bida'a". So what's the title of their gathering, please?

@ lobaloba88, you people really need to slow down. Do you actually think everyone gets time to pick up the Quran or study figh to learn no matter how you encourage them?. Including you actually. Lots of people learn by listening to shuyuk, Uztaz, Mualim etc. Gathering for remembrance of Allah or lectures to benefit muslims is never mukruh nor haram. There are plenty ahadith in support of this. You only condemn those who might step off the line.

Stop sniffing around for "innovation". It is not healthy.

It's you that actually needs to slow down and stop contradicting the Sunnah.

The gathering I was referring to is the gathering of knowledge not gathering of innovations.
Innovations and innovators are cursed on the tongue of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam.

No one is sniffing around for innovations and innovators, it's not hidden. From The Sunday asalatu to the innovated gatherings of laylatul Qadri and isra wa miraj to the maolud nabiyy etc The people who practice these innovations do not hide them, so no one is sniffing around.
It's just that the truth has to be clarified to the people even if the people of innovation and desire do not love it!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Empiree: 10:36am On May 17, 2016
Newnas:

The gathering I was referring to is the gathering of knowledge not gathering of innovations.
Innovations and innovators are cursed on the tongue of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam.

No one is sniffing around for innovations and innovators, it's not hidden. From The Sunday asalatu to the innovated gatherings of laylatul Qadri and isra wa miraj to the maolud nabiyy etc The people who practice these innovations do not hide them, so no one is sniffing around.
It's just that the truth has to be clarified to the people even if the people of innovation and desire do not love it!
Your case is dismissed.

You refused to mention what your gathering is. You only said "gathering of knowledge". What's the TITLE of the gathering of weekends. That's what I asked for. @bold any difference?. Arent they learning something?. Stop playing politics. Grow up akhi
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Newnas(m): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
Empiree:
Your case is dismissed.

You refused to mention what your gathering is. You only said "gathering of knowledge". What's the TITLE of the gathering of weekends. That's what I asked for. @bold any difference?. Arent they learning something?. Stop playing politics. Grow up akhi

Yes, they are really learning. can't you see that the assalatu women can perform ablution and Solah correctly!!!
Your comments are very interesting, maybe you should get someone to read them for you before submitting, you will realize how ridiculous most of your comments are.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Empiree: 4:32pm On May 17, 2016
Newnas:

Yes, they are really learning. can't you see that the assalatu women can perform ablution and Solah correctly!!!
Your comments are very interesting, maybe you should get someone to read them for you before submitting, you will realize how ridiculous most of your comments are.
And this makes sense up there? I'm still trying to figure out point your are trying to raise exactly.

That you can gather but others can't?

That your gathering is Sunnah and halal but others are bidah?

Tell me what u don't know.

I don't personally go to as-salatus but what you doing is trying to find fault with others. Period. So all woman at as-salatu can't perform wudu properly?. Isn't that what you trying to get across?.

And there are still bunch of bearded learned men who fail wudu test. And that is "use of water". I'm sure you use excess water when you perform wudu. That's #1 failure. You just trying to make irrational point.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Newnas(m): 10:49am On May 18, 2016
^^OOP Out Of Point A desperate but clearly baseless attempt
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by tunde82seidat(f): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2016
fatimahzahra:
Salam alaeykum all,

I would like to know places where Muslims can hangout or connect with other Muslims preferably in Lagos on weekends, Sundays especially.

It might be programmes or anything but it's consistent.

Thanks as you help.
. Salam alaykum sis,I was also looking out for sunday programs I can attend when I saw ur post .Were able to get a good one?
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by busar(m): 7:02am On Nov 08, 2016
Newnas:
Sheikh Najmuddeen Sulaiman holds halqah @Ogba every Sunday. please try to attend, I hope you will benefit greatly from the gathering.

try this Op you would never regret you did in sha Allah
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Sufisunni: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2016
Newnas:

Maulud, even ur Ibn taimiyya says is rewarding.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by gbadexy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Newnas:

where is the venue and what time. is it a shia, sunni or salafi gathering.
I would like to attend
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Newnas(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2018
gbadexy:

where is the venue and what time. is it a shia, sunni or salafi gathering.
I would like to attend

What's the difference between Sunni and salafi?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by gbadexy(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2018
Newnas:

What's the difference between Sunni and salafi?
I was made to understand that salafi is a more radical and extreme form of Sunni.
you sound a very confrontational person from your posts though. you didn't volunteer any information but asked question with a question.
You could simply have answered the question and clarify since it was apparent the question was asked out of genuine interest from one who isn't well versed about them.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
gbadexy:

I was made to understand that salafi is a more radical and extreme form of Sunni.
you sound a very confrontational person from your posts though. you didn't volunteer any information but asked question with a question.
You could simply have answered the question and clarify since it was apparent the question was asked out of genuine interest from one who isn't well versed about them.
Probably you should forget whatever you have been told about Salafy.
In simple terms, Salafy means someone who follows the best generation composing of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam, his Sahabahs, the followers/students of the Sahabahs... alternatively called the Salafs.
In short a Salafy = Ahl Sunnah= Sunni.
Simply the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the pious predecessors (Salafs).
May Allah guide us all.
Re: Islamic Gathering For Muslims On Weekends by gbadexy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Probably you should forget whatever you have been told about Salafy.
In simple terms, Salafy means someone who follows the best generation composing of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam, his Sahabahs, the followers/students of the Sahabahs... alternatively called the Salafs.
In short a Salafy = Ahl Sunnah= Sunni.
Simply the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the pious predecessors (Salafs).
May Allah guide us all.
amin

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Poems / Updates On ISIS And Their Shenanigans / Try It And If It Is True, Type ALLAHU AKBAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.