Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? (4432 Views)

Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2016
I will keep this simple.

Many believe in God and Vodoo (black magic, charms, spiritualism), but as the popular saying goes, "Action speaks louder than Voice"

I see no reason why we should put so much effort in talking about God when demonstration of God is all we need.

Here are some cases to consider.

1. Where do you rush accident victims? Church or Hospital?
Even pastors would say it is foolish to take accident victims to church instead of hospital. Why? Are they indirectly saying it is foolish to trust God?

2. Where is God in times of epidemics/pandemics?
Has God ever stopped any disease outbreak?
Polio has been eradicated from any countries through vaccines and research. How many diseases has God ended?
Within the last 15 years we have suffered, SARS, BIRD FLU, SWINE FLU, EBOLA, LASSA FEVER, ZIKA outbreaks. While science was giving tangible proven solutions, what was God doing?

3. Who are the richest people in the world, are they those who did Blood money? Are they those who worship God? Even if you say some of them believe in God, what about Millions who go to Shiloh and Holy Ghost Congress every year and shout amen to Mighty prayers of great wealth? How rich are they today?

4. Where was our Juju when the whites were colonizing us? Where was God?

5. If something works, would there be need to get something else?
If Juju and God works, why do we keep improving on Technology and Science why not Improve on Juju and Faith in God?
Does it make sense to spend Billions of dollars on Milatary research when Juju is ridiculously cheap?
Why build space crafts when Witchcraft can take you to space within seconds?

6. Why conduct experiments to solve medical and life problems when all we have to do is just go on our Knees and ask God? Or Ask Ifa?
While developed countries are "wasting" Billions on research, why are we not simply asking our oracles for direct answer? Or asking God. Don't you thing we would have made Trillions of dollars from secrets Ifa or God reveals to us?

You can preach God all you want, you can praise Juju all you want. What I know is they don't matter where it matters.

Thank you

I am Hard Mirror, Look into the mirror, what you see is the truth, can't break me because you don't like what you see.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2016
Contributions
Elohim1 Image123 Plaetton Barrister07 Grizzlybear Johnndon22 Urahuru Valentinemary Coolusername Funjosh Laribari Frank317 Adedoks Weah96 Uyiiredia Sweetcocoa

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Aringarosa(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2016
undecided
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by plaetton: 12:22pm On May 15, 2016
Faith whether in religion or in juju , makes no sense.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2016
"Don't condemn that which you don't fully understand, likewise- never embrace that which you don't have considerable understanding of"

What or who is God?
what is spirit?
what is juju or Vodoo?
what is spiritualism?

What do you know of yourself and the history of those through whom you came? How far can you trace your lineage?

HardMirror:
I will keep this simple.

Many believe in God and Vodoo (black magic, charms, spiritualism), but as the popular saying goes, "Action speaks louder than Voice"

I see no reason why we should put so much effort in talking about God when demonstration of God is all we need.

Even pastors would say it is foolish to take accident victims to church instead of hospital. Why? Are they indirectly saying it is foolish to trust God?

Polio has been eradicated from any countries through vaccines and research. How many diseases has God ended?
Within the last 15 years we have suffered, SARS, BIRD FLU, SWINE FLU, EBOLA, LASSA FEVER, ZIKA outbreaks. While science was giving tangible proven solutions, what was God doing?

3. Who are the richest people in the world, are they those who did Blood money? Are they those who worship God? Even if you say some of them believe in God, what about Millions who go to Shiloh and Holy Ghost Congress every year and shout amen to Mighty prayers of great wealth? How rich are they today?

If Juju and God works, why do we keep improving on Technology and Science why not Improve on Juju and Faith in God?
Does it make sense to spend Billions of dollars on Milatary research when Juju is ridiculously cheap?

6. Why conduct experiments to solve medical and life problems when all we have to do is just go on our Knees and ask God? Or Ask Ifa?
While developed countries are "wasting" Billions on research, why are we not simply asking our oracles for direct answer? Or asking God. Don't you thing we would have made Trillions of dollars from secrets Ifa or God reveals to us?

You can preach God all you want, you can praise Juju all you want. What I know is they don't matter where it matters.

Thank you

I am Hard Mirror, Look into the mirror, what you see is the truth, can't break me because you don't like what you see.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by AccidentalGenius: 12:55pm On May 15, 2016
the only difference between a Religion and a Superstition is the degree of social acceptance it receives

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by SUPERPACK: 1:18pm On May 15, 2016
“Doctors treat, but God heals.”

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Brigance(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2016
SUPERPACK:
“Doctors treat, but God heals.”

Does this hold sway for "mechanic tries, but God repairs"?

6 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2016
You mad bro, in a brilliant way. You have now put our brother now on the edge. Na to fall remain, make that brother do rethink before hin reply. lol

Brigance:

2 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 15, 2016
Revealing the foolishness of believers one sentence at a time. Good writeup but I know soon the 'faithful' would come writing their usual 'God works in mysterious ways' slogan.

10 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by pennytration(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2016
Op i get d point ur trying to make. If juju is real, den there shuld be a powerful deity behind it. Now with all these power, why has dis deity not make d world a better place? Wots d essence of a deity having so much supernatural powers if he is not going to use it for d betterment of d world?? Dey dont exist, simple.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by calliope(f): 1:59pm On May 15, 2016
Hard mirror. This is insightful..... Weldone

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2016
There is nothing called juju, it is word coined by foreigners, or at best, it is a word coined from an original word which is hidden.
Vodoo, Vodou are the same, they do mean juju or fetish... As christianity is to the christians or as judiesm to the fake jews so is Vodou/Vodoo is to the Fon people and/or Ewe people of West-Africa, It is a culture, not at all a religion. It was this system that the Haitians used to defeat the french army.

Behind every supernatural power (which infact is a higher science and mathematics) is not the deities, it is a Man or a Woman (Africans mostly, and a very few of non-Africans). If there are 2 billion Africans living, then there are 2 billion deities in a very dormant state (Me included). Yet there are several deities backing each of these Africans.

Why are they not helping?
1) We are too proud to accept ourselves for who we are (due to total self-forgetfulness).
2) You always actually tell them (Deities) not to interfere with you experiences. Deity/God respect your needs till the very last.

This is not religion in the slightest, not atheism either.It is simply being One with one's mind and self which is Spirituality.

pennytration:
Op i get d point ur trying to make. If juju is real, den there shuld be a powerful deity behind it. Now with all these power, why has dis deity not make d world a better place? Wots d essence of a deity having so much supernatural powers if he is not going to use it for d betterment of d world?? Dey dont exist, simple.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:
I will keep this simple.

Thank you

Now I see the frustration you had as a man of God. Not one answered prayer undecided ?

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Weah96: 2:25pm On May 15, 2016
pennytration:
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
the only difference between a Religion and a Superstition is the degree of social acceptance it receives
Absolutely
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2016
calliope:
Hard mirror. This is insightful..... Weldone
Thnx dear
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2016
pennytration:
Our approach to solving problems would have been different
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:
I will keep this simple.

Thank you

I just like reading your threads.... Always on point.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2016
Brigance:

Hehehehe Or Artist holds pencil, God draws Prostitute opens leg, God quenches man's konji Carpenter nacks hammer, God makes furniture We can go on and on. God is wonderful! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:
I will keep this simple.

Thank you

During the ebola outbreak in guinea, I was in Port Harcourt Andover a friend of mine was telling our wonderful his papa in the Lord is.... I was like if the guy his who claim he is, why can't he go to guinea to stop the death caused by ebola? He was like, God hasn't ask him to go.. .. I was like, so God ask him to collect your money and build mansions with them

5 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 3:56pm On May 15, 2016
abdulwastecx:

During the ebola outbreak in guinea, I was in Port Harcourt Andover a friend of mine was telling our wonderful his papa in the Lord is.... I was like if the guy his who claim he is, why can't he go to guinea to stop the death caused by ebola? He was like, God hasn't ask him to go.. .. I was like, so God ask him to collect your money and build mansions with them
God did not make man, Man made God. Reason why we will keep giving excuses for God

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by UyiIredia(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2016
Dem call me but wetin dem want make I talk again. I don talk am before for here: https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by taurus25(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2016
gods in our time receives unnessesary praise for exploits of modern medicine.....you think of a god who can heal you supernaturally but relies on natural means to achieve their supernatural exploits. I still dont know why many religious ppl go to hospitals, i mean judging from the words of this holy books such as the bible , we should have alot of super jesus' roaming the earth healing all kinds of ailments. But hey, god works in mysterious ways....yeah when you take drugs of course wink

4 Likes

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by sweetcocoa(f): 4:52pm On May 15, 2016
If only people will start asking themselves these questions and answer truthfully.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Chazzyboy: 4:53pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:

Absolutely
what about ur sins do u feel guilty? We all need a father everybody need God because u don't know how u were made
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2016
Made? I can not be made. I was born and I created myself. Only I know when I was born. My Father and Mother may guess when, but I know when exactly till the last second.

Chazzyboy:
what about ur sins do u feel guilty? We all need a father everybody need God because u don't know how u were made
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by jcross19: 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
pennytration:
every aspect of creations there are rules that guard them. For example the creator honour one thing , which is FREEWILL which HE has given to any of HIS creation. In this "freewill" the fight to survive is in it , the knowledge of exceptional is there, power of success, many other things that will make life suitable to the environment are there and those who understand these rules excel more than others, now this where God will involve for those who believe they can't achieve it on their own tend to summit their will to their creator then another journey start with God. There is almighty God. There is a supernatural force somewhere , kekule was a chemist who have been trying to know the shape of bezene ring but he saw the revelation in the dream believe me after many years the same thing he saw in dream was what they discovered as the bezene ring, then now who or what shown him the ring? Think...! God is the creator of science either you like or not.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Chazzyboy: 5:18pm On May 15, 2016
gatiano:
Made? I can not be made. I was born and I created myself. Only I know when I was born. My Father and Mother may guess when, but I know when exactly till the last second.

what about ur sins? U need a father a God because no man know his end
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by jcross19: 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:
I will keep this simple.

Thank you

no matter what you claim that never change the existence of God. Soon you shall know the truth. There are many flaws in your stories , fake and lies. That's your own cup of tea.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2016
Say who? What end? There is neither an end or a beginning for the Original (Wo)Man. We knew the beginning before we experienced it, we knew of the present long ago before we are experiencing it now, We know of the future or the end without end, We just simply want to experience it. The experiences are the food.

My sins are not mine, If you are a Black person, yours are not yours too, You merely learnt them; Recognize where you learnt them from, make adjustment and prepare yourself for the effects. It is the law and mathematics of cause and effect. Or make an amend (It does not mean confession, that is a pure nonsense).

Chazzyboy:
what about ur sins? U need a father a God because no man know his end
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by AccidentalGenius: 5:32pm On May 15, 2016
jcross19:
every aspect of creations there are rules that guard them. For example the creator honour one thing , which is FREEWILL which HE has given to any of HIS creation. In this "freewill" the fight to survive is in it , the knowledge of exceptional is there, power of success, many other things that will make life suitable to the environment are there and those who understand these rules excel more than others, now this where God will involve for those who believe they can't achieve it on their own tend to summit their will to their creator then another journey start with God. There is almighty God. There is a supernatural force somewhere , kekule was a chemist who have been trying to know the shape of bezene ring but he saw the revelation in the dream believe me after many years the same thing he saw in dream was what they discovered as the bezene ring, then now who or what shown him the ring? Think...! God is the creator of science either you like or not.
this christian god you speak so highly of; a god that has murdered more people than the devil himself

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism / How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism / "The Assyrian" Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.