Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism (4449 Views)

Father Mbaka Warns Judges Over Cultism / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by lilkech(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ive heard numerous news of people renouncing their cult publicly either in church or at a gathering. It makes me help a friend seek a solution to his own problem.

He is a christian from a nice family background. He went into the university and joined a cult group. Now he is seeking forgiveness and is repentant. He claims he hasnt personally killed or raped or robbed anyone or even patronised any babalawo for charms due to cultism but he has escaped death on several occasions.

How can this guy renounce his cult status? Because he claims he joined just to experience it and im sure that for him to just abstain from their activities or dodge his fellow cult members is not enough since he has up to 2 more years to stay in dat university before he graduates.

How can he be TOTALLY FREE FROM THE CULT HE IS IN ?
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by Chuksxp: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
I'm not experienced in handling these kind of issues, but lots of prayers will surely help. I hope he's not just a Christian but actually born again. In addition, I think he should openly let his former colleagues know that he has repented.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by lilkech(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^^

i actually told him to do so but he insisted that telling them would be akin to endorsing his death warrant.

Being born again is a nice step.

Thanx 4 your input. I can see that NL religious peeps dont even know what to contribute on this issue.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by plappville(f): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
It is possible that God is warning him. But There is absolutely no two ways about it, the only truth in his situation is in this verse of the scripture.

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the "will of My Father in heaven." -- Matthew 7:21

If he does not genuinely manifest in Godliness using the Bible as his measuring device in which to judge his thoughts and actions . . . he will not be saved, neither will he be truly born again. He must avoid self-deceived. he must Turn his back on anything that is against the "will of God" just as the above scripture stated. Good luck to ur friend.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by lilkech(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^^
okay from the first reply being born again is paramount to solving this problem.

so then by shunning all acts of ungodliness u mean he should

1. Quit all cult activities

2. Quit interacting with all members of the cult

the above are indeed mandatory, but he needs to be saved spiritually as well as physically because if he takes the steps above the cultists will just keep visiting and pestering him ( maybe kill/maim him ) for renouncing.

Are there special prayers to be said? Deliverance session to book? Bible verses to take into consideration? I just want to know what it should take to help him save himself.

I actually advised him to drop out or travel out, was it wise of me ?

thank you for your contribution
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by plappville(f): 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
okay from the first reply being born again is paramount to solving this problem.

so then by shunning all acts of ungodliness u mean he should

1. Quit all cult activities

2. Quit interacting with all members of the cult
Yes he has to excominicatewith them, because it is impossible to quite and still communicate with them, and it takes true repentace to completely be free from thier torments.

the above are indeed mandatory, but he needs to be saved spiritually as well as physically because if he takes the steps above the cultists will just keep visiting and pestering him ( maybe kill/maim him ) for renouncing.

If he is saved spiritually, this will automatically be physically as well. but he must not associate with them in anyway.

Are there special prayers to be said? Deliverance session to book? Bible verses to take into consideration? I just want to know what it should take to help him save himself

He has to pray, "he must confesses out loud "that Jesus is his Lord and Savior?" he  should ask Jesus to come into his heart and save him from his sins" if he  simply ask God "for forgiveness?" It will be well with him, there is power in our mouth, he uses his mouth confessed Satan at the day he was initiated, so He must use this same mouth to denouce Satan and confess Christ.

I actually advised him to drop out or travel out, was it wise of me ?

I do not think its a bad advise u ve rendered him. i know someone who was having this same problem, when he repented, he was tormented day and night by the cult members until he had to change his line, relocated to another state, that was the end.

I pray God grant him the Grace to true repentance Amen.

For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living. Psalm 56: 13

You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance.
Psalm 32: 7

[And indeed] the Lord will certainly deliver and draw me to Himself from every assault of evil. He will preserve and bring me safe unto His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
2 Timothy 4: 18

Deliver me in Your righteousness and cause me to escape; bow down Your ear to me and save me! Psalm 71: 2

There are uncounted verses in the bible for deliverance, he can do that by himself sincerly and he will be fine
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by PA1982(f): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
A tough question.
I'd advise relocating, for sure.
I wish him and his family all the best!
And yes, I'll keep them in my prayers.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by FXKing2012(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2012
@PA1982 has said it best!
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by FXKing2012(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2012
@PA1982 has said it best!
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by lilkech(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
Thank you all for the contributions.

It shall be well with him. Amen
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by Observer1: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
@poster,

there is nothing about prayer with getting out of a cult or gangs,
all he need to do is to relocate,that is it,I did the same.nigeria always
blive dat pryare answers all things,some things need simple logic.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by PA1982(f): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^^
I see your point and applaud your courage and determination.
At the same time, I think that to offer prayers is a way to show solidarity for this person's situation.

Of course he must relocate. Today, if possible!
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by gaddafe(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
Depending on how the case is, he might not necessarily need to relocate. And you don't need to be born again or become a christian, even as a muslim you can overcome this. i'ii explain later when i'm free. i'm kinda busy now.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by God2man(m): 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
If he is finding it difficult to relocate, let him grab the most powerful prayer manual ever written by Dr. D.K Olukoya, i mean PRAYER RAIN. There are different kinds of prayer that will take care of difficult situations like this.
For protection, you can always bank on Psalm 91. It is classical. It will only work if you have truly repented from your sins and be on the fire of the Holy ghost. I am sure, he is going to give testimony very soon. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by Softkidtf10: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Hello bro, please was your friend able to renounce cultism ? If yes please tell me how he did it because I have a friend in an almost similar situation right now.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by Demoprince: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2021
The official renounciation is to go public and inform the School authority, there is a form to be filled and a letter of confirmation will be issued to him by the school Authority and for public and other opposite frats awarenesss ..His member will not involve with him any longer so far he does not mention their names to d school Authority, u have to keep d member secret despite ur renunciation. U can also do it on public news paper, Religious place, official Social gathering.
Re: How Can He Get Out\renounce Cultism by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Demoprince:
The official renounciation is to go public and inform the School authority, there is a form to be filled and a letter of confirmation will be issued to him by the school Authority and for public and other opposite frats awarenesss ..His member will not involve with him any longer so far he does not mention their names to d school Authority, u have to keep d member secret despite ur renunciation. U can also do it on public news paper, Religious place, official Social gathering.
Is there also a website where he can go to download the forms necessary to starting this process? Can he also find contact information of the organizations involved in the processing of his application should he have questions? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is The Soul Immortal ? / Tb Joshua's Evil Doings Finally Revealed / Evolutionists Infuriated By Creation Cartoon Shown In Public School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.