Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome (8428 Views)

List Of End Of The World Predictions In The Last Two Centuries Alone / The Signs Of End Times. When Is The World Going To End? / Winners Youth Convention 2016 August 2-6: The Rise Of End Time Rescue Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by iliyande(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2016
Fear is a very common problem among believers today, and it is one of Satan's most efficient weapons against the minds of believers. Along with doubt and confusion, Satan uses fear to paralyze us and make us ineffective in the spiritual battle we are all fighting. Fear is an emotion, and its effects are incredibly powerful, but a believer can combat fear with truth. If we know the truth about God, about the world, and about ourselves, we can overcome fear.

Fear of the end time is completely understandable, because the description of the end of days in the Book of Revelation stimulates many common fears: fear of the unknown, fear of death, fear of pain and illness, fear of loss. However, a believer who has a saving relationship with Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10) can take real comfort, despite these scary future things, for several reasons.

How to overcome our fears

1. We can rely on the presence of God's spirit to diminish our experience of fear. When He is with us, strengthening us and holding us, we don't have any reason to fear (Isaiah 41:10). God himself promises to be near to us. He does not promise that bad things will not happen to us, but with God by our side, we will have the strength to handle anything that comes our way, be it end times disaster or anything else we might fear.

2. We can be comforted by the fact that the end of days is not really the end. The Bible makes it clear that a believer's final destiny is with Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) and that God will keep us safe as we patiently endure the trials of this world (Revelation 3:10). Furthermore, after the trials associated with the end of days, God's kingdom will come to earth, and there will be a new earth and new heavens, and everything will be made beautiful and right (Revelation 21). Whether or not we are there to experience those end times trials, the believer's end is a happy one—we will be with Him eternally, in a place where there is no fear, no crying, no death, and the fullness of joy and delight that He has promised (Revelation 21:3-4; Psalm 16:11).

3. Because we are in Christ, we do not have to fear the Judgment Day. We are told to be confident about judgment, not because of our own merit, but because we are covered by Christ's merit. He loves us, and His love drives away fear (1 John 4:17-18). If, however, you do not know the Lord, you do have reason to fear. Nothing is more fearful than to face a perfect God who knows you perfectly and knows you have fallen short of perfection (Romans 3:20, 23). Jesus did not come to judge us, but to save us. However, those who reject His offer of salvation will face the Judge at the end of days without Christ, and that is truly something to fear (John 3:17-18).

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by sample042(m): 12:25pm On May 15, 2016
Abeg swerve with your end time preachings!

THREATENER!!!

There's no how an OMNISCIENT God will send/inspire men with a book as confusing as what you call the "BIBLE".

A mythical book dt was Orchestrated by unexposed, archaic medieval Jewish men based on their minor exposure to their immediate environment.

Why can't you deliver NIGERIA from its demonic captives as u guys popularly termed it

Unfortunately, the two major religions in Nigeria failed and continuously failed to raise a sane society.

why can't you practice ur true religious virtues other than being HYPOCRITS!!!

I trust my intolerant brainwashed folks to quote me in a very bastardised form for trespassing but trust me, Am ready for all u religious fanatics dt will prefer to fight for a bible God without using the brain Dat nature gave you.

Quote me at ur own peril!

9 Likes

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by drejenny(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2016
Wonderful post

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by lekjons(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2016
i believed God is a loving father, he will not burn us all..

cos as far as am concerned, we all're sinners!

May God have mercy on us all..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 15, 2016
NIGERIA, SOUTH AFRICA, KENYA and the US are the only end - time countries of the world.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 15, 2016
× ------> Fear of Unknown
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by theEYe21(f): 12:30pm On May 15, 2016
If you want to overcome the fear of "The End Times" just don't care or don't believe in it undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by firstolalekan(m): 12:30pm On May 15, 2016
undecided
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by vizkiz: 12:31pm On May 15, 2016
Our righteousness are like filthy rags. Only God knows those who will make heaven. Even most those "fire burning, holier than thou" pastors wouldn't make heaven.

What I believe is just do whatever you know is right and don't engage in evil acts Since it is written that we will be judged according to our actions.

GOD please on the day of judgment, don't look into my nairaland account cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by firstolalekan(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2016
Space bookers beware cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by sleekyonyx(f): 12:31pm On May 15, 2016
Fear of the unknown grin
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by canalily(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2016
What is the meaning of 'end time' our clock is non stop. Who say time go end and whenundecided

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Ubachinwe1(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
Nobody wan die but dey wan go heaven.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by kullozone(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
This End That People Have Been Waiting For Since Sef...Anybody Go Make Heaven So Because Everybody On Earth Get Coma Oh!
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by yunglivochi(m): 12:35pm On May 15, 2016
grin hmm even tho i didnt read d post i bliv u op♠♪♦
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by faruz: 12:36pm On May 15, 2016
how dem take dey comment on nl sef....
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 15, 2016
Time is that which distinguish event,
Na so them tell me for physics.
I don't think it can end.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by calliope(f): 12:37pm On May 15, 2016
Crap!!!!
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by drejenny(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2016
It's just to believe in nothing but God
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Brigance(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2016
Doubt is a scientific weapon, not a satanic... what did you call it again?

If your faith can't stand the test of doubt, it's not worth a faith to begin with.

That said, you can't overcome this fear if you keep reading the bible.

I wonder how you will see something like "For our God is a consuming fire" and not be trepid.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Kelvinkipler(m): 12:40pm On May 15, 2016
The OP has an extended knowledge in the truth of the gospel. However, many do not know this or understand the hope of salvation and so rather than depend on God Christ's finished work on the cross they put canal faith in their own works backing up with scripture that says ' work out your salvation with fear and trembling... '. That so far os one of the most misinterpreted verses of all time. A note of warning: Believers must be aware that devil can twist scriptures to cause fear. Do not fall pray, christ has paid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by emmyw(m): 12:40pm On May 15, 2016
Cool
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by chrisley024(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2016
He who is in Christ Jesus has no fear of end time cool
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 15, 2016
Mr. Lasisi, ur fud is ready o cheesy
Com shed more light,,,,,,,abeg grin

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Charlesberry(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2016
calliope:
Crap!!!!

Why
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by chrisley024(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2016
Kelvinkipler:
The OP has an extended knowledge in the truth of the gospel. However, many do not know this or understand the hope of salvation and so rather than depend on God Christ's finished work on the cross they put canal faith in their own works backing up with scripture that says ' work out your salvation with fear and trembling... '. That so far os one of the most misinterpreted verses of all time. A note of warning: Believers must be aware that devil can twist scriptures to cause fear. Do not fall pray, christ has paid.
Exactly the reason for the fear; looking unto works/self rather than on Jesus.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by ezelos(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2016
The only end time I know is when one kicks the bucket. That is why death comes like a thief in the night. Even preachers on our street preach nothing but to remind us about life uncertainty.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by ezelos(m): 12:54pm On May 15, 2016
The only end time I know is when one kicks the bucket. That is why death comes like a thief in the night. Even preachers on our street preach nothing but to remind us about life uncertainty. This world can NEVER come to an end.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by kay29000(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2016
hmm
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Jesuschristt: 12:59pm On May 15, 2016
We can rely on the presence of God's spirit to diminish our experience of fear. When He is with us, strengthening us and holding us, we don't have any reason to fear (Isaiah 41:10). God himself promises to be near to us.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by Bollinger(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2016
End time ko, beginning time ni.
Re: The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome by amclimax(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2016
When a man dies that's his end time ..... Because I can't remember when the the world was without immorality.... Back to my music ..... I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again
Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me
Things I don't understand
Sometimes I need to be alone

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. / Pastor Chris speaks on the lies agaist him at 31st Night Service- a Testimony / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.