Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here (1451 Views)

A First Hand Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog In Nigeria / Guidelines To Blogging Every Blogger Should Follow / Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 3:31pm On May 15, 2016
Hi Nairalanders I am Dealwap the founder of Naija Coders Team (wwww.nct.com.ng).

LETS TALK ABOUT BLOGGING

Blogging has become very popular among Nigerians, especially after the news broke out that popular Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji, bought a 2015 Range Rover for 25 Million naira and a house in Banana Island for around 500 Million naira. It opened people’s eye to how lucrative blogging can be.

WHAT IS A BLOG?
A blog is a website or webpage that is regularly updated with information. The information can be on anything: entertainment, health, money, sports, education, etc. The information is usually written in a conversational style so readers can enjoy it.

HOW IS MONEY MADE FROM BLOGS?
You can make money from blogs in three ways: advertisement, sponsored posts and eBook sales. Let me explain this to you so you will understand.
If you are consistent with your blog and you are getting good traffic to it (traffic is number of visitors viewing your website), then advertisers will pay you to place adverts on the blog so that your site visitors can see it. The most popular of the advertisers is Google and it is called Google Adsense.
The adverts that will be placed on your website is always related to the type of content you post. This is to ensure it will catch the attention of those reading the contents of your blog.
The second revenue source which is through blog posts is simple: people pay you to write a particular content that will promote them. For instance, if you own a music blog, an upcoming artiste can pay you to write a biography or review of him and his music.
The third revenue source like stated above is by selling eBooks. If you are consistently blogging about a particular content, people begin to see you as an authority on the area. You can write an eBook on that area you are known as an authority and sell to your website visitors. Because they already trust you, they will buy from you since they know you cant sell junk to them. Example is a women’s health blog selling an eBook on how to increase your butt size naturally.

You can join my forum: www.nct.com.ng

HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
First, you need to decide the niche you want to be blogging on. Being a jack of all trade will make you master of none and you will be swallowed in the pool of thousands of blogs in existence. So you should choose a particular area you will be consistently blogging on. Example of niches include: women’s health, entertainment, sports, politics, technology, etc. Just choose an area you are passionate about and will enjoy writing on.
Secondly, get a blog. You have two options ere. You can buy a domain and hosting from web hosting companies so you can build your blog on it. You can also go for a free blog where you don’t need to pay. Example is blogger.com and
If you are serious about blogging, you should go by the first option. This will enable you choose your own domain name like www.nct.com.ng instead of having a domain like www.nct. which is what you will get when you go by the free option.
Thirdly, create a social media page for your blog. This will enable you build a fan base from social media and drag the traffic on it to the blog page. If you will choose just two social media platforms to go, choose Facebook and Twitter.
Fourthly, start posting good quality content on the blog. Don’t just copy and paste content from other website. Write your own and if you must copy other site’s content, make sure you rewrite it so you can pass plagiarism test. Not doing this will make your ranking on search engines go low.
Also, be consistent with your posting. Posting once in a week will not take you anywhere. If you can, post new contents daily on the blog. That way, your readers will be coming back to see new content from your blog. It will also help your ranking on Google’s search engines.
Fifthly, promote your blog. Don’t believe anybody that tells you that you can grow very big on blogging without promotion. So you must promote it vigorously. Use the social media platforms to promote your content and post on popular forums. If you want to grow faster, pay Facebook and Google for adverts. They will make your blog more visible.
Sixthly, when you start having good traffic, begin to monetize the blog. By monetize, I mean placing adverts on it so you can make money. I have already described the sources of revenue above.
Please, don’t start a blog today and begin to monetize immediately. Build your traffic first, and then you can monetize it. If you have the traffic, then making the money will not be a problem.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE?
It depends on your traffic. You can make thousands of dollars monthly and you can also make hundreds of dollars. The bigger your traffic, the bigger the money you will make. This is my reason for telling you to build traffic first.

WHAT ELSE?
Now, lets get interactive. If you have any question, drop it in the comment box; i, or someone else will give you an answer!

Ask your questions here I will answer all ASAP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by PenSniper: 4:01pm On May 15, 2016
Okay
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2016
PenSniper:
Okay
Okay
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by mainevibez(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2016
PenSniper:
Okay

plz review this blog

http://mainevibez..com
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by VocalWalls: 4:26pm On May 15, 2016

HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE?
It depends on your traffic. You can make thousands of dollars monthly and you can also make hundreds of dollars. The bigger your traffic, the bigger the money you will make. This is my reason for telling you to build traffic first.

Bad advise.

Build content first. Who returns to an old site?
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2016
VocalWalls:

Bad advise.

Build content first. Who returns to an old site?
Okay Ma! you don't have the right to use the word 'bad' simply point out the mistake without using vulgar language...
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by VocalWalls: 5:04pm On May 15, 2016
D34lw4p:
Okay Ma! you don't have the right to use the word 'bad' simply point out the mistake without using vulgar language...

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2016
mainevibez:

plz review this blog
http://mainevibez..com
good design but not responsive in mobile devices.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by mainevibez(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2016
D34lw4p:

good design but not responsive in mobile devices.

y what do you think the prob z
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by Okpewhomeshack: 10:41pm On May 15, 2016
can I get AdSense on YouTube views and can I buy AdSense?
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 15, 2016
D34lw4p:
Hi Nairalanders I am Dealwap the founder of Naija Coders Team (wwww.nct.com.ng).

LETS TALK ABOUT BLOGGING

Blogging has become very popular among Nigerians, especially after the news broke out that popular Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji, bought a 2015 Range Rover for 25 Million naira and a house in Banana Island for around 500 Million naira. It opened people’s eye to how lucrative blogging can be.

WHAT IS A BLOG?
A blog is a website or webpage that is regularly updated with information. The information can be on anything: entertainment, health, money, sports, education, etc. The information is usually written in a conversational style so readers can enjoy it.

You can make money from blogs in three ways: advertisement, sponsored posts and eBook sales. Let me explain this to you so you will understand.
If you are consistent with your blog and you are getting good traffic to it (traffic is number of visitors viewing your website), then advertisers will pay you to place adverts on the blog so that your site visitors can see it. The most popular of the advertisers is Google and it is called Google Adsense.
The adverts that will be placed on your website is always related to the type of content you post. This is to ensure it will catch the attention of those reading the contents of your blog.
The second revenue source which is through blog posts is simple: people pay you to write a particular content that will promote them. For instance, if you own a music blog, an upcoming artiste can pay you to write a biography or review of him and his music.
The third revenue source like stated above is by selling eBooks. If you are consistently blogging about a particular content, people begin to see you as an authority on the area. You can write an eBook on that area you are known as an authority and sell to your website visitors. Because they already trust you, they will buy from you since they know you cant sell junk to them. Example is a women’s health blog selling an eBook on how to increase your butt size naturally.

HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
First, you need to decide the niche you want to be blogging on. Being a jack of all trade will make you master of none and you will be swallowed in the pool of thousands of blogs in existence. So you should choose a particular area you will be consistently blogging on. Example of niches include: women’s health, entertainment, sports, politics, technology, etc. Just choose an area you are passionate about and will enjoy writing on.
Secondly, get a blog. You have two options ere. You can buy a domain and hosting from web hosting companies so you can build your blog on it. You can also go for a free blog where you don’t need to pay. Example is blogger.com and
If you are serious about blogging, you should go by the first option. This will enable you choose your own domain name like www.nct.com.ng instead of having a domain like www.nct. which is what you will get when you go by the free option.
Thirdly, create a social media page for your blog. This will enable you build a fan base from social media and drag the traffic on it to the blog page. If you will choose just two social media platforms to go, choose Facebook and Twitter.
Fourthly, start posting good quality content on the blog. Don’t just copy and paste content from other website. Write your own and if you must copy other site’s content, make sure you rewrite it so you can pass plagiarism test. Not doing this will make your ranking on search engines go low.
Also, be consistent with your posting. Posting once in a week will not take you anywhere. If you can, post new contents daily on the blog. That way, your readers will be coming back to see new content from your blog. It will also help your ranking on Google’s search engines.
Fifthly, promote your blog. Don’t believe anybody that tells you that you can grow very big on blogging without promotion. So you must promote it vigorously. Use the social media platforms to promote your content and post on popular forums. If you want to grow faster, pay Facebook and Google for adverts. They will make your blog more visible.
Sixthly, when you start having good traffic, begin to monetize the blog. By monetize, I mean placing adverts on it so you can make money. I have already described the sources of revenue above.
Please, don’t start a blog today and begin to monetize immediately. Build your traffic first, and then you can monetize it. If you have the traffic, then making the money will not be a problem.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE?

WHAT ELSE?
Now, lets get interactive. If you have any question, drop it in the comment box; i, or someone else will give you an answer!

my guy how can i install word press on wamp server 64 bit
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
mainevibez:

y what do you think the prob z
The template you are using is poorly designed. example of a responsive website is www.nct.com.ng if you visit that website with your phone you will see that it fits to your device screen and you don't need to scroll left and right before you see things clearly the same thing go for the PC display.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
Alert: Need A reliable domain host? Click Here Now!
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by Dajugba: 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please can you be reached on whatsap?
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 5:07am On Jun 14, 2016
Dajugba:
Please can you be reached on whatsap?
meet me at www.nct.com.ng
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by nancy4nast(f): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2016
blezzyy..com
review
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
nancy4nast:
blezzyy..com
review
your design is cool and simple! nice one, try to get a .com domain but some of your posts doesnt have images in them which is bad. you can join my forum at www.nct.com.ng lets discuss better, you can also meet other bloggers there and share ideas.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by nancy4nast(f): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2016
D34lw4p:
your design is cool and simple! nice one, try to get a .com domain but some of your posts doesnt have images in them which is bad. you can join my forum at www.nct.com.ng lets discuss better, you can also meet other bloggers there and share ideas.

thanks
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by nancy4nast(f): 9:18am On Jun 15, 2016
D34lw4p:

thanks a lot, your site take much time to open, i decided not to add images to some post thumbnail
please check it again i have change the template.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by jokunle(m): 11:43am On Jun 15, 2016
op. pls tutor me on . i dont know how to use it. reply me or drop ur number
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
jokunle:
op. pls tutor me on . i dont know how to use it. reply me or drop ur number
you can join my community at www.nct.com.ng I will always be there to help you.

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
nancy4nast:

thanks a lot, your site take much time to open, i decided not to add images to some post thumbnail
please check it again i have change the template.

I checked it on pc its a bit okay but the mobile design is a No to me... I wouldn't lie to you... Check example of a blog I created for a client, http://icepickkells..com/

I will be waiting for you at www.nct.com.ng it loads faster now.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 10:44am On Jun 18, 2016
You can check this BEND DOWN SELECT TUTORIALS to help your blog have a new shape and moce forward http://nct.com.ng/Thread-Bloggers-Tricks-Store-Bend-Down-Select?pid=4191#pid4191
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by nairanews247: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
D34lw4p:

LETS TALK ABOUT BLOGGING

WHAT IS A BLOG?

HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?

HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE?

WHAT ELSE?

A friend of mine wanted Me to test a hosted Adsense on my blog site. He said I have to Remove myself first as admin, which I did. I used his own account to enter. To cut the long story short, I generated the Adsense code with the account he gave me, use it to create a gadget. But everything was blank, one of my colleagues suggested we integrate into the site. No problem with that, since the Adsense is just for testing, I wanted to remove the guy account, and be using my initial account to login to the blog. After sending invite to my initial mail, I accepted, if I should check the dashboard, I won't see the mail being added as the author. I have done it like two times now, but it's just proving difficult. Please help
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by Adefaze(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
@op.. thanks for helping out.. pls review my blog www.adefazeblog.com
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by bolaji73(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
D34lw4p:
you can join my community at www.nct.com.ng I will always be there to help you.
please bro, I wanna register on your site but it keeps telling me to complete some info which I've already filled. I want to venture into blogging. I'm a total newbie. And I love all the content in your site, most expecially the way you answer questions. Bro I will like to take you as a mentor.
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by Moneyhatesme(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
How can i customize my WordPress to load faster on mobile phones
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
bolaji73:
please bro, I wanna register on your site but it keeps telling me to complete some info which I've already filled. I want to venture into blogging. I'm a total newbie. And I love all the content in your site, most expecially the way you answer questions. Bro I will like to take you as a mentor.
there is a fast login where you can login with your fb account...
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by MRXELA(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
plagiarism what does it mean
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by D34lw4p(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
nairanews247:

A friend of mine wanted Me to test a hosted Adsense on my blog site. He said I have to Remove myself first as admin, which I did. I used his own account to enter. To cut the long story short, I generated the Adsense code with the account he gave me, use it to create a gadget. But everything was blank, one of my colleagues suggested we integrate into the site. No problem with that, since the Adsense is just for testing, I wanted to remove the guy account, and be using my initial account to login to the blog. After sending invite to my initial mail, I accepted, if I should check the dashboard, I won't see the mail being added as the author. I have done it like two times now, but it's just proving difficult. Please help

I suspect been banned here but i will advice you to contact Google Adsense Immediately!
Re: LIVE: Ask Any Questions Relating To Blogging Here by nairanews247: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
D34lw4p:

I suspect been banned here but i will advice you to contact Google Adsense Immediately!

I it has been resolved.. thanks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Card And America Express Card Available For Sale / Anyone Here Using Truehost? / Get All Your Info On Creating Websites And Hacking Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.