Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Other Names Of Hydroquinone - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Other Names Of Hydroquinone (6146 Views)

How To Know If Your Skincare Products Contains Hydroquinone / Best Natural Toning Creams Without Hydroquinone / Tretinoin Hydroquinone Maxi Peel Exfoliant #1/#3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Other Names Of Hydroquinone by bobbyANSELEM: 5:09pm On May 15, 2016
OTHER NAMES FOR HYDROQUINONE

Have you ever bought a cream or lotion that you were sure contained no Hydroquinone but notice after a few days that the product remnant around the cap had darkened in color? Or your skin start errupting in acne and rash after using a certain product? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then your cream most likely contains Hydroquinone.
Hydroquinone (a.k.a HQ), is one if not the most controversial ingredient of all skin care products in the market today. As a chemical it has other derivatives/names that manufacturers of beauty product use just to confuse consumers into buying their products without knowing what these products contain.
The FDA in United States approves 2% HQ for Over-the-Counter products, as long as the manufacturers give warning that the product should only be used for 3 months, and this is clearly stated on the packaging. However, as we all know the Nigerian skin care market is a dumping ground for all kinds of products from countries like Phillipines, Cote d'Voire etc with questionable
ingredients. Since our government regulating bodies do not regulate these products; the onus is on each consumer to be informed and be on the look out.

20 Other Names For Hydroquinone

*.1,4-Benzenediol -
*.p-Benzenediol
*.Dihydroxybenzene
*.Hydroxyphenol
*.Diak 5
*.Arctuvin
*.Benzohydroquinone
*.Benzoquinol
*.Derma-Blanch
*.1,4-Dihydroxybenzol
*.Solaquin forte
*.Phiaquin
*.Eldoquin forte
*.UN 2662
*.USAF EK-356
*.NCI-C55834
*.Tequinol
*.1,4-Dihydroxybenzen
*.Benzene
*.AidaThe simplest way to know if any product you currently have contains Hydroquinone is to put a small dab out in the open for about 2 days. If it darkens then that means it contains hydroquinone. Also any manufacturer that writes, "Product may change color but this does affect its efficacy in anyway." is indirectly telling you that his product contains hydroquinone.

So if i where you i will quickly check my cream or lotion to check if its HQ absent.

PLEASE BE MINDFULL OF WHAT YOU APPLY ON YOUR SKIN

lalasticlala
i know you hate me from day one, because you never foward any of my post to front page lol, abegg o foward this one o so that your people will learn thanks

BOBBY ANSELEM
Re: Other Names Of Hydroquinone by apeleone(f): 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
nafdac should help confirm,thank God I use vasline
Re: Other Names Of Hydroquinone by waxxydude: 5:41pm On May 15, 2016
Thanks for the info but op do you for a second think the folks you tryna enlighten fvucking care?

Most of them know what the products do, how it works and that they ain't geniune but buy it anyway. You now in the i-wanna-be-white era where every black b*tch wanna look like a ghost. You see fair/liqht faces and dark poosies.

Fvucking mediocres!
Re: Other Names Of Hydroquinone by omoyemirally(f): 5:52pm On May 15, 2016
Lalasticlala.............. Dis topic deserves FP. Its informative. Thank God av stopped using caro white. Shea butter rocks.......natural cream
Re: Other Names Of Hydroquinone by Momcherry(f): 6:00pm On May 15, 2016
Op thanks for this info.
Hydroquinone is bad for the skin but I don't think a lot of people know this or they just don't care, like my cousin that has refused to let go of caro white despite my advice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photos In One Word / I Bought A Fake 'tracia' Liquid Bath. How Do I Get Refunded? Pix / Latest Fashion Deals From Myusabuy4us Limited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.