Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) (23590 Views)

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by oyinda3(f): 5:08am On Aug 18, 2009
ezeagu:

[size=14pt]The USA, or any other superpower, does not want Nigeria to split.[/size] They know if it does easily, then no more cheap/free oil and workers.

granted they don't want nigeria to split but they can still get their cheap oil whatever happens. why do u think they're preparing 4 the break up?
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by ezeagu(m): 5:12am On Aug 18, 2009
oyinda.:

granted they don't want nigeria to split but they can still get their cheap oil whatever happens. why do u think they're preparing 4 the break up?

They're preparing for a civil war which they clearly stated along side a split up. Nigeria being the biggest nation in Africa, is clearly not going to be ignored by the most powerful nation on earth when it combusts. How can they still get their cheap oil even when Nigeria splits up when the locals will be the ones dealing with and eating from their own produce?

The predictions of the US military should not be taken lightly, especially as their putting this much time, effort and resources into it, we've all seen the Biafra predictions. . . . . . .
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:16am On Aug 18, 2009
when nigeria splits up who will be the most populated country in africa?

i used to kinda take pride in being the most populated country in africa. lol i dont know why. hehehe grin grin
if we ever do break up, i hope not, then what will happen?

i NEVER want Nigeria to break up, i just wish things could get better.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2009
@NL
I didnt see a coz for an alarm. American prediction is flaw for a decades. The assumption of America instigating Nigeria to go for war is debunk. Look America invaded Iraq coz of Saddam's regime having weapon of Mass distruction, but at later day the whole world agreed Saddam has no WMD, but they're still fightn the war the can not win.  Look at Afghanistan, the country is tupsy-turvy, and Osama bin laden still is leaving in mountaneos Tora-Bora,
If American prediction could be truth, why they didnt predict 9/11 and prevent it. ,
Breaking up of Nigeria is not the panacea, but having leaders who are Nigerians( i mean patriotic, not corrupt morons).
If the citizens become contempted and potented , all jeers and rants, nepotism, sectarian crisis, etc would not have a place in our country. Our problem now , most of us are hungry and blind, thats why we're blaming each other. Our pristine issue is corrupt leadership.
May God bless Nigeria and bless you. May God give our belove country peace and Unity. Amen.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:25am On Aug 18, 2009
@ becomrich

dude, youre really annoying.
has it ever occured to you that no one cares!!
sheesh all this posting of maps.
you have already made your statement and we get your point.
why are you still rambling?
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Charlesmud(m): 5:27am On Aug 18, 2009
Abu-Maryam:

@NL
I didnt see a coz for an alarm. American prediction is flaw for a decades. The assumption of America instigating Nigeria to go for war is debunk. Look America invaded Iraq coz of Saddam's regime having weapon of Mass distruction, but at later day the whole world agreed Saddam has no WMD, but they're still fightn the war the can not win.  Look at Afghanistan, the country is tupsy-turvy, and Osama bin laden still is leaving in mountaneos Tora-Bora,
If American prediction could be truth, why they didnt predict 9/11 and prevent it. ,
Breaking up of Nigeria is not the panacea, but having leaders who are Nigerians( i mean patriotic, not corrupt morons).
If the citizens become contempted and potented , all jeers and rants, nepotism, sectarian crisis, etc would not have a place in our country. Our problem now , most of us are hungry and blind, thats why we're blaming each other. Our pristine issue is corrupt leadership.
May God bless Nigeria and bless you. May God give our belove country peace and Unity. Amen.

Facts, good statement.

I didnt know these BecomeRich is still here , mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Anyway, I wish and pray this doesnt happen, atleast not war.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by oyinda3(f): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2009
“the free flow of natural resources from Africa to the global market” was one of the “guiding principles” of AFRICOM,

tezeagu, did u read this part ^
why do u think they're preparing for a civil war that is half way around the globe from them?  the whole preparation is to make sure that the supply of oil doesn't get disrupted by the war or thereafter. n to make sure the price stays the same or lower. what do u think they care whether we're killing each other off or not? lol

and i think ur being too idealistic about ur comment about the locals controlling the oil . lol if naija split and let's say niger delta has it's own country, those MEND members will form their govt and the whole corruption process will start over like that. the MEND will be the enemy to the locals once they assume power in a new country.
unless we turn from the corrupt culture that we have, no amount of war, division will solve our problem.  
unless u want to argue that some tribes are less corrupt than others.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:32am On Aug 18, 2009
oyinda.:

why do u think they're preparing for a civil war that is half way around the globe from them? the whole preparation is to make sure that the supply of oil doesn't get disrupted by the war or thereafter. n to make sure the price stays the same or lower. what do u think they care whether we're killing each other off or not? lol

and i think ur being too idealistic about ur comment about the locals controlling the oil . lol if naija split and let's say niger delta has it's own country, those MEND members will form their govt and the whole corruption process will start over like that. the MEND will be the enemy to the locals once they assume power in a new country.
unless we turn from the corrupt culture that we have, no amount of war, division will solve our problem.
hehehe true!
i like this girl. wink

like seriously, do you REALLY think that they care if we all die?
thats why the british supplied nigeria with weapons during the biafran war.
they could care less about the well being of the Nigerian.
as long as they got their hands on the BLACK GOLD! grin grin grin
"ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THAT, THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US!"

-Michael Joseph Jackson
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by otokx(m): 5:34am On Aug 18, 2009
They will wait till they are tired.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:36am On Aug 18, 2009
otokx:

They will wait till they are tired.

im curious? wait for what?
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Ikengawo: 6:04am On Aug 18, 2009
If nigeria fails africa fails, period.

Like the country or not its Africa's only chance to have a guardian militarily and vanguard of development due to the market size and potential.
All regions need a powerful spearhead to raise before the rest to on its coat tails. European development was pioneered by english development, asian development by japanese. For a continent the size of africa, nigeria is honestly the only hope. South Africa is an european extension and play a predatory role in africa, Egypt is firmly convinced its not africa and  plays a predatory role, without Nigeria there's nothing.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:15am On Aug 18, 2009
please Nigeria, stay together!!!
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2009
end this madness!
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by One11: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2009
@ becommrich

[The USA is not instigate anything, Nigeria must break up to avoid a civil war. Break up nigeria is the only solution to save the lifes of 15,000,000 .

If you do not break up nigeria, yar adua or any northerner can never win an election in nigeria. see satellite pictures. The yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa want to join republic of benin republic.

Look I am yorubas.]

Seems like u want the country to break up. I guess ur unaware of the war nigeria had with benin republic. BELIVE AND TRUST they havent forgotten. The edo,delta and bayelsa dont want to join benin republic or the O'dua. The who inclusion of delta,bayelsa is just for oil benefits nuthin more cause anybody with a brain know that O'dua Rep cant sustain itself. Also the other tribes in edo, bayelsa, and delta i.e. ijaws,igbos, urhobo dont get along with Yorubas,
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by One11: 8:05am On Aug 18, 2009
@becommrich

So uhrobo, ijaw and yoruba do not get along, that new for me.

Who is the father of Chief James Onanefe Obori Obasanjo ?

or who is the father of Emmanuel Uduaghan Obasanjo ?

or who is the father of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Obasanjo.

tell me thier father names.

I didnt know political affiliates met children. Look Obasanjo is not only a politician but a business man,u must understand that first and far most. That of no way have anything to do with yorubas and the other tribes in the delta. Do u recall the Yoruba Ijaw war in Ajengule, The OPC and IYC(Ijaw Youths Congrees). Also the constent fight between Ijaws and Yorubas in Ondo. So yeah no connection,  and im still tryin to figure out why ur calling Obasanjo their father? hmmmm
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Ojumiii(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2009
I love my country "Nigeria" and i will forever wont Nigeria to remain one indivisible and united nation with strong national consciousness,
I do understand six Nigerian languages and i don't want to loose that and all my friend from every part in Nigeria.

Please lets keep our country safe for our self, this is our home, for those leaders nature will tell cry

The greatest problem we have in these country is RELIGION
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by ogbronx(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2009
@REAL TRUTH.you spoke my mind.there are no two ways about this.all indicators point to the fact that naija will disintegrate soon if we continue like this.the worst part of the whole thing is that,its only nigerians who deny or refuse to see this.someone said we are being instigated to break up.how?did we not give them the chance to?if we had a common front and a truly united nation,who can instigate you.we see ourselves as totally different pple.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by faoni572(m): 9:01am On Aug 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

please Nigeria, stay together!!!

hmmmm, I can bet it with anybody, Nigeria will never break. Anybody can say whatever he/she likes but Nigeria will always be one even despite our differences and all the problems we are having right now.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by yemilois(f): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2009
there is no need re-prophesying a prophecy. Nigeria will certainly break up either by violent revolution or quite revolution but the change must come, already the indicies are clear.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
NL
US are hallucinating. The fail of Nigeria is the fail of black race and it wont happen. Up ! up!! up!!! Nigeria.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by klassyguy(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
Once we can get the right leaders in the right places, everything will be solved. period.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by chei: 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
how is the failure of nigeria also the failure of the black race.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by nex(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
The level of ignorance on Nairaland has really been boosted to a very high percentage over the past two years.

Somebody tell me, is a warring country not going to sell oil much cheaper than it is in the international market because of desperate need to purchase weapons?

Ask the Angolans how much they sold their oil during the war better still, ask MEND how much they sell the crude oil they bunker. 100 barrels per gun. Not even dollars.

Anyway, Nigerians won't break up. The CIA doesn't know the kind of people it is instigating. Didn't they want us to go to war with Cameroun over Bakassi? Didn't we shock them? When USA, France, Germany and even our dearest beloved Brutain had shipped billions of dollars of weapons to Cameroun on credit, haven't they lost out now?

Nothing dey happen. China is listening to all this rubbish. They know the USA only wants to instigate war in Nigeria because they can't cope with the level of competition for African resoures coming from India and China. By the time the USA sets up its AFRICOM in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, China will set up their AMERICOM in Venezuela. That will lend support to Texas, Alaska, Rhode Island and all the other marginalized states in the USA that are agitating for break up.

So while the USA is trying to encourage Nigerians to kill each other, come 2015, the Redneck states in the USA have decided that though they've been struggling to break off from that profitless Union for decades now, if that Kenyan cattle rearer should win his second term in 2012, they'll go to war. Mind y'all, Texas has more guns than all other states of the USA, they also have NASA, so their missiles can reach any other part of the USA and even their facilities abroad.

Start you can apply for your visas and Red Cards to Texas now as long as you're willing to sign a conscription oath for 2012 action.

As for Becomebroke, leave that Benin Republic indigene alone. He's just in love with cartography. It's his hobby.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by alias64: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
The arrogance, which many find in us Nigerians and denounce in arenas where unjust, they overlook here where more deserved. For is it not the height of damnable arrogance to seek solution in that theatre- war – where so many African states have shown example of futility.

alias64, 2009
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Beaf: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
People outside are watching our stupidity and have drawn their conclusions. Those from outside the core South might not get it until it is well past midnight. The shoe pinches some toes more than others.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Beaf: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
A country that has killed 50,000 (outside war) of its own people in the ND, because they asked for their rights? That is the exact thing the US is seeing, unforetunately some us can't see. Is the amnesty working? No, instead those who fell for money (eg boyloaf) have been expelled from the ND.
When you combine the above with the gloomy prospects of 2011, the US prediction seems correct; even the Director General of the SSS in a very unusual move, predicted the implosion of the country by 2011.
Instead of tidying up our business, some here are foolishly blaming the US for "instigating" war.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by sukajo: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
Mmnnnh all the pundits that draw up war scenarios were sleeping when US was hit on September 11. No game plan suggested that it will happen, so it is only Nigeria that their game plan will work? Tufiaka! it will not happen. Brothers, you that are celebrating for the fall of Nigeria please re-glance Animal Farm if you have any. Though we are not happy the way our nation is being administered we can not equally welcome a war instigated by a foreign country whose interest is on our resources. We need to wake up! Nigerians we need to stand up!! Why can't we change our fortune? of course we can! We all have a responsibility to stand up and fight for what is good to us. Let not accept any instigation. By the way, is Harvard has no game plan on how Nigeria will be a successful country? I need to know!
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by Rogo: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nigeria need to break up

please American help to break up.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by ezeagu(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2009
oyinda.:

why do u think they're preparing for a civil war that is half way around the globe from them?  the whole preparation is to make sure that the supply of oil doesn't get disrupted by the war or thereafter. n to make sure the price stays the same or lower. what do u think they care whether we're killing each other off or not? lol

I don't know where in my post your replying to that I said that America would come to Nigeria because they care if we live or die,

If you don't understand what I was saying in the first place here it is from someone else:

nex:

Somebody tell me, is a warring country not going to sell oil much cheaper than it is in the international market because of desperate need to purchase weapons?

Ask the Angolans how much they sold their oil during the war better still, ask MEND how much they sell the crude oil they bunker. 100 barrels per gun. Not even dollars.

Whatever the Niger Delta want to do with their oil would be up to them, the fact is that with their own country millions of more people, who don't even want anything to do with oil, wouldn't be drawn together and played off against each other because of their oil. As THE AMAKA said:

THE AMAKA:

thats why the british supplied nigeria with weapons during the biafran war.

What power do the Niger Deltan's have in stopping the other regions of Nigeria leeching off their oil?

[size=15pt]Why do you think Nigeria was created in the first place when there were already existing nations and political establishments, because they care about us? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/size]

Let's see what would happen if we made the United Kingdom one country.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by saymalcolm(m): 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
Cant blame them for preparing for a possible Nigeria break-up. You dont really need a soothsayer to tell you Nigeria is heading in that direction. However, US is as usual, motivated by greed. The welfare of the Nigerian people is not really their concern, but the control of oil. They'll back whoever has control of the oil. Unfortunately, Nigeria is too dumb to realise that. With Clintons closed-door meeting with Buhari and co, we've been hearing about threats of war and 'SOMALIARIZATION' of Nigeria. With tensions flaring and the high-charged atmosphere over PDP's relentless and greed-inspired grip on Nigeria, we can only hope and pray things change before they escalate.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by ikeyman00(m): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[size=21pt]for whereeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

US should prepare for the impact of the massive deficit and huge debt hangin over their ass[/size]
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) by IG: 12:58am On Aug 19, 2009
I noticed that some people on Nairaland have the habit of twisting every topic so that they can insult Northern Nigerians. This is very bad. I know the Northern elite are corrupt but that doesn't make the southern elite saints. It's just that the Northerners know the crookery of politics better and somehow almost always hang up to power. Please don't hate the average Northerner for what IBB or 'Yar Adua is doing. I know that a lot of Southerners on Nairaland rejoiced when 'Yar Adua was rigged into power by Obasanjo simply because they do not like Buhari. Guys we are not Northerners or Southerners by choice, we are just born into a particular region or ethnic group. So don't hate somebody based on his ethnicity or place of origin.
A lot of Southerners tend to be too emotional and end up not properly reasoning, and that's what the Northern elite use against them.

Talking about oil, it is very important that we know that there are large proven deposits of petroleum in the North. Mainly in Borno, Bauchi and Benue. Niger republic is already extracting oil just 10km across the border from Borno State. Chad republic is already extracting it's oil for some years now. It's also not far from Borno state. Some people in north even think that it is the southerners that are working agains exploration of oil in the north.

Let us know that the unity of Nigeria doesn't depend on oil, if it's only oil, then the north would broken off as soon as the oil is discovered and keep in mind that the north has the advantage of producing it's own food. Think of what will happen if meat, onions, beans e.t.c are no longer moved from the north to the south.
Keep in mind that there are also a lot of solid minerals in commercial quantities in almost every state in the North. Borno and Zamfara has gold, Yobe has gypsum, limestone, Bauchi has uranium, Gombe has coal, Kebbi has just discovered a very large quantity of iron ore. These are only a few examples.
Don't forget that the North is the only part of the country that has almost succeeded in overcoming it's ehtnic differences. I think this is why most southerners assume that the north is made of only the Hausas. Infact some parts of the North (e.g North-East) do not originally have Hausas at all. The Hausas you find there are those that have settled there and naturalized. That type of fusion is what needs to be extended all across the country.

I think most of the highly emotional talk on this thread is due to lack of knowledge of Nigeria as a whole. If one travels across Nigeria and experienced both the North and the South, he will hardly make such statements. I grew up in the North and served in Abia state. I discovered that the averge Nigerian's needs are the same all across. I think what we need is to face our problems not just by pointing fingers at our political elite but by putting our houses in order. I mean house literally here. Hey when did you last fill a pot-hole on the road or cleared the drainage in your neighbourhood. When last did you decide not to shunt in a queue when offered a chance. The little efforts we make is what will accumulate and become the great changes. Those little efforts is what will maybe lead us to resist election rigging at our neighbourhood's polling station. The people of Bauchi have done it in 2007, why can't we spread it all across?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi’s Admission Of Failure Shows Rivers Deserves A Better Governor - Wike / Subsidy On Petrol Falls To N576m Daily / Genocide Looms, Atiku Warns As Igbo Leaders, Northern Youths’ Meeting Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.