Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly (5802 Views)

FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA / Ibe Kachikwu Negotiates $15Billion Oil Deal In India / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by donogaga(m): 8:21pm On May 15, 2016
Targets 10% increase in revenue generation.

The Lagos State Government has said it has re-engineered its outstanding internal loans, a decision that has reduced the burden on its internally generated revenue (IGR) and saved N3.8 billion monthly.

The state government has also said it has been able to save N5.99 billion for adopting the Treasury Single Account (TSA), thereby enhancing transparency and efficiency in its financial management.

The figures were contained in a presentation made by the Commissioner for Finance, Dr. Mustapha Akinkunmi, at a news conference to mark the first anniversary of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode in office.

The commissioner addressed the conference alongside his Information & Strategy counterpart, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, and the Accountant General of the state, Mrs.Abimbola Umar, among others.

At the conference, Akinkunmi said the state government successfully re-engineered the state’s outstanding internal loans “to reduce burden on IGR and technically saved N3.8 billion per month.”

He disclosed that the proceeds from the re-engineering of the state’s outstanding internal loans “have been applied continually for the execution of capital projects. In different parts of the state.”

FURTHER DETAILS LATER

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/15/lasg-re-negotiates-domestic-loans-saves-n3-8bn-monthly/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:23pm On May 15, 2016
Eko O Ni Baje oo

Itesiwaju Ile Yoruba loje wa logun.

One Fact

Lagos has the 4ft largest economy in Africa.

Very soon some parts will require visa to enter SouthWest.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by donogaga(m): 8:43pm On May 15, 2016
OYINBOGOJU:
Eko O Ni Baje oo

Itesiwaju Ile Yoruba loje wa logun.

One Fact

Lagos has the 4ft largest economy in Africa.

Very soon some parts will require visa to enter SouthWest.

I think they have the 5th biggest economy in Africa and it's the centre for the growth of Nigeria.

it is a cosmopolitan state where the largest concentration of
foreigners live.

It's just like New York.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by 989900: 9:11pm On May 15, 2016
1. Nigeria.

2. Egypt.

3. South Africa.

4. Algeria.

5. Lagos, Morocco, Angola. (it's fluid between the 3).

Lagos is between 5-7 (Naira devaluation things).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by mrvitalis(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2016
Truth is the real indigins of lagos are less that 200k but the whole Yorubas in lagos claim to be lagosians. .. . This there problems sha. .. What do I care

3 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by oduastates: 9:48pm On May 15, 2016
I know about kaduna and now lagos.
What is keeping the rest from operating TSA?

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by arresa: 9:59pm On May 15, 2016
mrvitalis:
Truth is the real indigins of lagos are less that 200k but the whole Yorubas in lagos claim to be lagosians. .. . This there problems sha. .. What do I care

Yoruba people are from all Yoruba states Lagos or no Lagos PERIOD.

8 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by omowolewa: 10:01pm On May 15, 2016
Lagos has luck when it comes to governors

3 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Richardonald(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2016
Mtcheew Soo....
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by arresa: 10:17pm On May 15, 2016
Richardonald:
Mtcheew Soo....

na so the tin pain u reach..?
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by OAUTemitayo: 10:39pm On May 15, 2016
oduastates:
Ogun state introduced TSA into Nigeria.
FG copied us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Firefire(m): 8:43am On May 16, 2016
When will LASG Re-negotiates Alpha Beta cuts from the IGR ?

This further cut from the current 10% is long overdue.

LagosCutAphaBetaMonthlyDuefromLASGIGR.

Thank you.

Bola Tinubu’s “Alfa Beta” Earns N6billion Monthly from Lagos State Gov’t as of 2012.

Lagos state government has refused to make available the details of the contracts they signed with Bola Tinubu’s Tax firm Alfa Beta. This company, according official records takes home monthly, the sum of 6billion Naira from Lagos state government’s coffer.

Cc: Modath, Ajepako

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Pavore9: 8:47am On May 16, 2016
Lagos State's economy is bigger than many African Countries!

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by ikarm17: 8:48am On May 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
Wetin consain pepper seller with orange? Even if Lagos Yorubas claim Lagos, you go still vex. 200k huh? Out of 60 million Yorubas? I sorry for your Ibo teacher.

Hope Ogun takes advantage of its proximity to Lagos. Bring in more investors. No 2x2 fanyogo shops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by shamecurls(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2016
Lagos is 59 years ahead of the closest State to it.
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Nobody: 8:51am On May 16, 2016
I envy Lagos state...I always wished I'm from there.
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Fredfenz: 8:52am On May 16, 2016
omowolewa:
Lagos has luck when it comes to governors

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by kushma(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2016
Okay
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by modath(f): 9:12am On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

Thank you.

Lagos state government has refused to make available the details of the contracts they signed with Bola Tinubu’s Tax firm Alfa Beta. This company, according official records takes home monthly, the sum of 6billion Naira from Lagos state government’s coffer.[/b]

Cc:

Are you concerned because you care about Lagos or because it's your nemesis? smiley .... Can you stay a day without thinking or referring to hin matter?

I don't support secrecy in things that border on public interest, no law is against Tinubu's company engaging in services for LASG as long as it's above board and fair market value..

Whatever contracts are signed should follow due process and re negotiations to reflect prevailing economic situations is a must.....

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by emerged01(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2016
U
Firefire:

Thank you.

Bola Tinubu’s “Alfa Beta” Earns N6billion Monthly from Lagos State Gov’t as of 2012.

Lagos state government has refused to make available the details of the contracts they signed with Bola Tinubu’s Tax firm Alfa Beta. This company, according official records takes home monthly, the sum of 6billion Naira from Lagos state government’s coffer.

Cc: Modath, Ajepako
If you can channel your effort in this way to ensure corruption doesn't exist in your state of origin,it would have been for you and generation to come.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Firefire(m): 9:31am On May 16, 2016
emerged01:
U
If you can channel your effort in this way to ensure corruption doesn't exist in your state of origin,it would have been for you and generation to come.

Where is your state of origin ?

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Firefire(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2016
modath:

Are you concerned because you care about Lagos or because it's your nemesis? smiley .... Can you stay a day without thinking or referring to hin matter?

I don't support secrecy in things that border on public interest, no law is against Tinubu's company engaging in services for LASG as long as it's above board and fair market value..

Whatever contracts are signed should follow due process and re negotiations to reflect prevailing economic situations is a must.....

Until we see beyond sentiment to know the professional looters in our midst forming Omoluabi, we are yet on the path of breakthrough in SW.

How can an individual collect this much and profess to be a leader? Is that not corruption ? Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo of blessed memory will never attempt such wicked and callous professional way of stealing from his people and claiming progressive.

Oodua o fe beee.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by marv1: 10:09am On May 16, 2016
Because they are fraudulent even the Noise-maker gov of ekiti state Fayose. He doesnt want transparecy. Imagine how much lagos state has saved. 'The state government has also said it has been able to save N5.99 billion for adopting the Treasury Single Account (TSA), thereby enhancing transparency and efficiency in its financial management'.

oduastates:
Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Bobby4090: 10:26am On May 16, 2016
Ambode is suprising me. He makes Fashola look incompetent especially now that Fashola is under achieving in all his 3 ministries.
All the roads and street lights Fashola refused to touch has been done in weeks and months. Hope this is not a dream. 4th Mainland bridge to finally commence plus all other inovations like Lagos international marathon. wow. Thank God for this Ambode. I thought he was a dunce when Oba of Lagos and Tinubu brought him out. Never knew he also has a real governance plan himself to execute.
Ride on Bros.

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Babacele: 10:27am On May 16, 2016
modath:

let s say it is true sef.... so Tinubu would upgrade Lag's economy that PDP n its military predecessors mocked to the extend that they said no bitumen for her roads( God bless d dead) , no need for more local councils etc only to now submit d new economy to unrepentant rogues to plunder like they have done to the nation? Una no dey lie......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by modath(f): 10:31am On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

Until we see beyond sentiment to know the professional looters in our midst forming Omoluabi, we are yet on the path of breakthrough in SW.

How can an individual collect this much and profess to be a leader? Is that not corruption ? Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo of blessed memory will never attempt such wicked and callous professional way of stealing from his people and claiming progressive.

Oodua o fe beee.

I would take your hypocritical and pretentious self serious when you complain about Chief Tewonde, Babatope, Fayose and co.....

You only remember omoluabi when its Saraki or Tinubu, Baba Akande.... When it's Baba Falae or FFK using Yoruba to enrich themselves, not a squeak from you but when it's your nemesis, you wear your fake wannabe toga....

I know Tinubu has major feet of clay & has his own interests to protect but when the options available includes the likes of Obanikoro, Omisore , Tewonde, Fayose, George etc, no competition...... one better pass one!!!!

Fayose is selling una interest for his ambition, we nor hear nothing from you ooooo, na to shout scam and propaganda upandan? hian!!!!

Once again, take your hypocrisy somewhere else....

3 Likes

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by Babacele: 11:25am On May 16, 2016
modath:

I would take your hypocritical and pretentious self serious when you complain about Chief Tewonde, Babatope, Fayose and co.....

You only remember omoluabi when its Saraki or Tinubu, Baba Akande.... When it's Baba Falae or FFK using Yoruba to enrich themselves, not a squeak from you but when it's your nemesis, you wear your fake wannabe toga....

I know Tinubu has major feet of clay & has his own interests to protect but when the options available includes the likes of Obanikoro, Omisore , Tewonde, Fayose, George etc, no competition...... one better pass one!!!!

Fayose is selling una interest for his ambition, we nor hear nothing from you ooooo, na to shout scam and propaganda upandan? hian!!!!

Once again, take your hypocrisy somewhere else....
Mo .....until you can tell me if it s bad for Jack Bauer 's( in 24hr) dispossesing a citizen of his car temporalily ,(n even giving d guy a punch on d nose because there is no time to explain the seriousness of an impending terrorist attack on America) to pursue and defeat terrorists who would have unleashed hell on US? Is nt Jack saving the ignorant citizen, his family and friends too?
It is Tinubu's gut ,faith and resources that took d steam out of a 30 years internal slavery being headed by the gap toothed monster in Minna that has kept this country down. It takes a mixture of several skills to pull that off . it is a divine responsibilty despite the huge propaganda and character assasination that this unholy clique unleashed on Tinubu for 2 decades. Tinubu didn't join them nor did he succumb to their unprovable blackmails when it was only him in the Nigeria political desert. I do not know about any clay of legs that any leg of spit in Naija would want me to see and I go even answer am.

I tell you Mo , St.Tinubu's sins these devils cant judge.......not in this lifetime.

1 Like

Re: LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly by arresa: 8:34pm On May 16, 2016
Bobby4090:
Ambode is suprising me. He makes Fashola look incompetent especially now that Fashola is under achieving in all his 3 ministries.
All the roads and street lights Fashola refused to touch has been done in weeks and months. Hope this is not a dream. 4th Mainland bridge to finally commence plus all other inovations like Lagos international marathon. wow. Thank God for this Ambode. I thought he was a dunce when Oba of Lagos and Tinubu brought him out. Never knew he also has a real governance plan himself to execute.
Ride on Bros.

Slow down abeg.

Ambode is just ok for now even though he's showing strength and capacity in certain areas, but rating him anywhere close to Fashola is grossly overreaching and turning facts and record upside down.

Ambode is going to excel because of the strong template and platform left begind by strong and skilled leaders like Fashola, Tinubu and Jakande.

Fashola's record remains unbeatable by any leader in Nigeria and I'd even say in the whole of West Africa. He delivered more than the other 35 states combined.

Fashola built dozens of new schools, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashiola built 15 water works, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built 30 skills and acquisition centers, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built 13 Health Centers, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built bridges and flyovers including Lekki Ikoyi bridge which remains the best and the most sophisticated bridge in West Africa, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built at least 5 power plants with miles of new underground cable, but but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashala built paving block factory, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built asphalt making factory, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built transformer making factory, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built dozens of housing estates, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built more roads than any government in the history of Nigeria, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built 6 modern ferry jetties, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola is the first leader in Nigeria to provide uninterrupted electricity to hospitals, government institutions and buildings and also lit dozens of streets and cater bridge, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built many government offices including the new LASAA office and even the new state house of assembly, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

Fashola built many state farms including rice mills, but how many have Ambode or any other governor in Nigeria built?

With Fashola, it's very easy to go on and on and on because he delivered so much, so try not to put Ambode or any leader in Nigeria anywhere near him. Ambode is yet to scratch anything or deliver anything on any scale

And at the National Level, there's a clear difference between the governor of a state with 20 million people to take care of and ordinary federal minister with little money to take care of 170 million people with rotten and decayed system since independence.

One thing many of you don't understand is the fact that Fashola can not do much to correct the power situation in the country for so many reasons especially the decisions and policies past governments put in place.

1. The previous administration privatized the power sector to cronies with little of no experience, knowledge or financial means to deliver, expand, generate and distribute electricity so exactly what's there for Fashola to do apart from issuing regulations here and there to help along?

2. The DISCO's and cronies the previous government sold our power infrastructures to doesn't have the capacity to deliver because they are broke, they can not invest or expand and banks won't lend them 1 kobo because it's bad business for now.

3. How many power plants and electricity infrastructure was built and left behind by the administrations for Fashola to effectively work on to stabilize the sector?

4. The national transmission grid is old and worthless and previous administrations didn't lift a finder to erect a new one or upgrade..

5. Even if there is something he can do to improve the situation, where and when was the last time on the surface of the earth enough power plants and transmission grid was built in less than a year to provide 24/7 electricity for 170 million people?

Before passing blames because of whatever views you have either politically, tribal or neutrally, first understand the situation on the ground ans why we are in this mess to start with.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: Governor Orders Civil Servants To Resume Work / Finally, A Poll In Favour Of Tinubu, The Results Are Shocking! / Who Is An Indigene Of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.