Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

My Book Of Quotes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Quotes (41386 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes! / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2009
pls know all of em are not mine but most are

Yesterday’s nightmare is today’s worries and tomorrow’s future

Time gives us life and yet it destroys many

Other than life and death, there is no heaven or hell

Tearful eyes are the symptoms of a broken heart

An empty soul, a broken heart; it defines the lives of many

A shadow, a steel blade, a piercing scream, blood…and the sorrow of it all

The eternal enemy will get us all, today, tomorrow…one day!

Slow and steady wins the race. Life is a race, no wonder it’s slow and steady…no one wants to die!
Life is a race…we’re all competing to die…

If the biggest purpose of life is death, then we shall eagerly await to fulfil this purpose.
All the sadness from this life will not be remembered in the next…but neither will the happiness.

No one knows the demented secrets hidden behind a forced smile.

It is wrong to judge from a disguise, because there is always something different on the inside.

Crying eyes relive the heart of its tormented pain.

In the eyes of evil, there is no evil…it is just a misconception led by others

When a heart is broken, it causes unbearable pain but it is that very pain which has the power to mend the broken heart.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 4:53am On Aug 19, 2009
quotes about memories

Memories are the treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely.

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

I cannot say good-bye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime and never know a good-bye

Memories are the best souvenirs.

A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever.

We do not remember days, we remember moments.

We do not know the value of our moments until they have become a memory.

Feelings change - memories don't.

Every man's memory is his private literature.

Memory is the mother of all wisdom.

Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.

Memory in youth is active and easily impressible; in old age it is comparatively callous to new impressions, but still retains vividly those of earlier years.

There’s no disappointment in memory, and one’s exaggerations are always on the good side.

Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
quotes on Disappointment

Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead

Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom

Disappointments are to the soul what a thunder-storm is to the air

If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off

Disappointment is the name, we give our mistakes

The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar which the ultimate fulfillment of that hope never entirely removes.

Expect nothing and accept everything and you will never be disappointed.

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.

Expect nothing live life as it comes and you meet with less disappointment in life

Disappointment should always be taken as a stimulant, and never viewed as a discouragement.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sweetpie23: 5:09am On Aug 26, 2009
We do not know the value of our moments until they have become a memory.

I like that
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2009
Leamon, am taking one of your quote do not
be suprise when you see it on facebook grin grin
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2009
wink wink
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2009
Quotes on Life

Never tell your problems to anyone, 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.

Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.

If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun

Live with no excuses and love with no regrets

Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest.

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.

good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.

Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Life gives us brief moments with another, but sometimes in those brief moment we get memories that last a life time.

Some times you have to go through the pain to experience the joy

Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain.

I can not change my past, but I can fix my present and change my future

in life, You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Never allow someone to be your priority while you're just their option

Often in life we forget the things we should remember and remember the things we should forget.

sometimes we just have to go with whatever, happens, happens.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason.

Life is like a d*** when it gets hard F*** IT!

In the end everyone will hurt you, it's up to you to decide who is worth the pain.

Just being yourself, being who you are, is a successful rebellion.

Take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Don't just look, observe, Don't just swallow, taste, Don't just sleep, dream, Don't just think, feel, Don't just exist, live,

Everything you want comes after you stop looking for it,

Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Life is an opportunity, Capture it.

Don't listen or think about anything other people say about you. Just live your life your way remember you will die your own death!

Life is Strange--Nothing Lasts And People Change

Moving on isn't hard, it's what you leave behind that makes it so difficult.

Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back

2 Likes

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Scofield007(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2009
Nice thread leamom. Here are some i've been collecting since '01. Some of them are also mine but most of them are not. *when a window of opportunity is closed, we stare too long at it to notice that the door has been opened. *losers give in to defeat by not starting, winners outrun defeat by not stopping. *dont be afraid to fail, it will serve as your proof that you have tried. *God wants us to meet a few wrong pple so that when we finally meet the right ones, we will be grateful for the gift. *you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone that can be loved, the rest is up to them. *giving someone your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back, give it time to grow in their and if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. *only two kinds of pple fail, those who listen to nobody and those who listen to everybody. *a person who wales up in the morning and becomes great did not sleep in the night. *great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. *learn from others' mistake, you cannot live long enough to make them yourself. *youth is not the time of life as you're as young as your faith and as old as your doubt, as young as your self-confidence and as old as your fear, as young as your hope and as old as your despair, as young as your strength and as old as your weakness, as young as your as your past and as old as your future. *the most fertile soil in the world is the cemetery. *life cannot defeat a man who's in love with writing for life itself is a writer's love. *the problem that infuriates man the most is the one assigned him to solve. *losers focus on what they are going thru, champions focus on what they are going to.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2009
Never tell your problems to anyone, 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

cheesy
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
Scofield007:

Nice thread leamom. Here are some i've been collecting since '01. Some of them are also mine but most of them are not. *when a window of opportunity is closed, we stare too long at it to notice that the door has been opened. *losers give in to defeat by not starting, winners outrun defeat by not stopping. *dont be afraid to fail, it will serve as your proof that you have tried. *God wants us to meet a few wrong pple so that when we finally meet the right ones, we will be grateful for the gift. *you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone that can be loved, the rest is up to them. *giving someone your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back, give it time to grow in their and if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. *only two kinds of pple fail, those who listen to nobody and those who listen to everybody. *a person who wales up in the morning and becomes great did not sleep in the night. *great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. *learn from others' mistake, you cannot live long enough to make them yourself. *youth is not the time of life as you're as young as your faith and as old as your doubt, as young as your self-confidence and as old as your fear, as young as your hope and as old as your despair, as young as your strength and as old as your weakness, as young as your as your past and as old as your future. *the most fertile soil in the world is the cemetery. *life cannot defeat a man who's in love with writing for life itself is a writer's love. *the problem that infuriates man the most is the one assigned him to solve. *losers focus on what they are going thru, champions focus on what they are going to.
great
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
quotes on Beauty

No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.

Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye.

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

simplicity is beautiful.

Beauty, is the shadow of God on the universe.

Beauty - in projection and perceiving - is 99.9% attitude.

It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

The recipe for beauty is to have less illusion and more Soul, to retreat from the belief of pain or pleasure in the body into the unchanging calm and glorious freedom of spiritual harmony.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Beauty lies in the specific looks of a person, rather than the object, because different people feel beauty in different things.

A beautiful face is a letter of recommendation.

you must carry beauty in your heart in order to reflect it outwards.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by africhika(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2009

wow. this is something i need to learn fast fast
Re: My Book Of Quotes by iice(f): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
rokiatu:

cheesy

Rofl, true that cheesy
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2009
africhika:

wow. this is something i need to learn fast fast
grin grin grin
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2009
you must carry beauty in your heart in order to reflect it outwards.

best cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2009
yeah dat one is great there is more to come stay tune
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
quotes on discipline
He that cannot obey, cannot command.

self-respect is the fruite of discipline

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

The more disciplined you become, the easier life gets.

He who lives without discipline dies without honour.

Make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

The common denominator of success - the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful - lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do.

Strength of character means strong feelings, and strong command over them. This is where foresight, judgment, and will-power unite to form the most vital and important cement of a strong personality.

Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do, and that often means living outside the limits of one's comfort zone.

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fibre of a character, but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before.

The more you discipline yourself to persist on a major task, the more you like and respect yourself, and the higher is your self-esteem.

A person who is trained to consider his actions, to undertake them deliberately, is in so far forth disciplined. Add to this ability a power to endure in an intelligently chosen course in the face of distraction, confusion, and difficulty, and you have the essence of discipline.

Discipline is remembering what you want.

Loving discipline encourages a child to respect other people and live as a responsible, constructive citizen.

Respect is not everyone cup of tea.

First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.

If we don't discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us.

It's not the work that's hard, it's the discipline.

1 Like

Re: My Book Of Quotes by HarryPotter1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
nice work leamon i love those quotes.here is mine,though not well arranged,at least for a start.
Always look forward in your journey of survival for happiness lays at the door of your arrival.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
WOW that is really cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by HarryPotter1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
@leamon thanks a milli times.here's anoda one.
1.For every future there is a past.
2.For every fortune there is a misfoutune.
3.For every success there is suffering.
4.For every beauty there is a beast.
5.For every life there is a death.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by iice(f): 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
sexyLeamon:

He who lives without discipline dies without honour.

Strength of character means strong feelings, and strong command over them. This is where foresight, judgment, and will-power unite to form the most vital and important cement of a strong personality.

Me likey! cheesy
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2009
sexyLeamon:

quotes on discipline

self-respect is the fruite of discipline
The more disciplined you become, the easier life gets.

The common denominator of success - the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful - lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do.

Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do, and that often means living outside the limits of one's comfort zone.

First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.

It's not the work that's hard, it's the discipline.

Harry Potter:

1.For every future there is a past.
2.For every fortune there is a misfoutune.
3.For every success there is suffering.
4.For every beauty there is a beast.
5.For every life there is a death.

Great cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
he who fights off his enemies and blames his friends, needs to know that his number of enemies has increased a double

whether we crawl or we walk, where evr it is we are going, will not more any closer to us.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2009
quotes on Mistake/failure

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar.

Assert your right to make a few mistakes. If people can't accept your imperfections, that's their fault.

Mistakes are lessons of wisdom.

I make mistakes, and is sometimes out of control, but if you can't handle me at me worst, you don't deserve me at my best

Never say, "oops."  Always say, "Ah, interesting.

Just because you make mistakes doesn't mean you are one. 

Admit your errors before someone else exaggerates them. 

From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own. 

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Failures are divided into two classes - those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought

The mystery of existence is the connection between our faults and our misfortunes.

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.

Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success.

There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2009
shocked shocked shocked Wow. . .She's a Wonderful Reader.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2009
keep em coming

Never say, "oops." Always say, "Ah, interesting.

too cute
Re: My Book Of Quotes by iice(f): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2009
Assert your right to make a few mistakes. If people can't accept your imperfections, that's their fault.

cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2009
quotes on luck

The only thing sure about luck is that it will change.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

The day you decide to work hard, is the day your luck will wake up.

people always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have.

the only thing that can overcome bad luck, i hard work.

lUCK IS WHEN OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS AND YOU ANSWER.

Luck is believing you're lucky

Men of action are favoured by the goddess of luck

there is only one way in which you can change your luck and that is by altering your thoughts.

one-half of life is luck, the other half is discipline-and thats the important half, for without discipline you wouldn't know what to do with luck.

Good luck is a lazy man’s estimate of a worker’s success.

The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2009
hey I got one quote on luck, Luck only play with those who have
high spirit of winning. cool cool cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by HarryPotter1(m): 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2009
Quotes on life
1.Show the pple who u are and not telling them wat u are.4 action speaks better than word. 2.He who fight 2day and run away will surly leave 2 fight 2morow but He who fight and die 2day shall never leave 2 fight again.
3.A foolish man always see 2day as a wasted day and 2morow as his Golden Opportunity.but neva knows dat wat u make out of 2day determines ur achivement 2morow,for he dat fails 2 plan,plans 2 fail.The sayings of the wise. cool
Re: My Book Of Quotes by sexyLeamon(f): 1:58am On Sep 21, 2009
rokiatu:

hey I got one quote on luck, Luck only play with those who have
high spirit of winning. cool cool cool
I have heard dat before, from the movie luck rite?

Harry Potter:

Quotes on life
3.A foolish man always see 2day as a wasted day and 2morow as his Golden Opportunity.but neva knows dat wat u make out of 2day determines your achivement 2morow,for he dat fails 2 plan,plans 2 fail.The sayings of the wise. cool
dat is sick.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2009
sexyLeamon:

I have heard dat before, from the movie luck rite?
ya but isn't it cool?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.