Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. (4385 Views)

How To Download Instagram Videos On Your Mobile Phones Without Any Software / Tutorial: How To Fixed Invalid Imei On Infinix Phones Without Rooting / How To Transfer Files From Your Laptop/desktop To Your Phones Without USB Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 12:31am On May 16, 2016
As an erudite Nigerian, it pains me to have fallen into the hands of fraudsters fronting themselves as a reputable company in Computer Village, Ikeja. I have seen several scenarios and read where Nigerians were swindled in broad daylight in Computer Village especially the story of a boy that wanted to buy a new phone but finally got a soap wrapped in a Phone pack, I laughed heavily when I read the thread on Nairaland and condemned the boy for not being wary but I never knew mine was fast approaching. On the 25th of March, on a Hot Sunny Friday Afternoon, I and my Friends drove to Computer Village to get a brand new Samsung Device. On getting to computer Village, My friend asked us to check Affordable’s Uk Used Phone at their Showroom so he can get for a friend, we visited the Fraudsters and also realised they sell new phones and I quickly asked for the price of Samsung Galaxy J7 which was given to me at N65,900.00 which was a few thousands lesser than other shops I saw online without hesitation I bought the phone and vehemently asked for the warranty terms & conditions which was boldly imprinted/sealed on the cover of the Phone pack as (24months warranty). The sales person assures me that #SamsungNigeriaCare will repair any damages my new Samsung Galaxy J7 will encounter within 24months not knowing all was fabrications and the warranty was a broad daylight “Wash”.

Fast Forward to this present month after utilizing and pampering my new Samsung Galaxy J7 with care for over One month and 13 days. On the 9th of May, I observed that my phone’s back light was not coming up after charging it fully at 100% as I tried taking off the battery so as to initiate a hard reset, thus the phone was fully functional, but the screen light was dead. For any reasonable peson, he/she would not panic or get worried after all it is a Samsung and also have a full 24 months warranty, but what I experienced was heart-breaking. I learnt about the secret behind companies like #AffordablePhonesIkeja importing and selling phones without Nigeria warranty which I will honestly share with sadness in my heart.

I took an excuse from my workplace to visit the #AffordablePhonesIkeja showroom where I bought the phone and complained bitterly about the issue, unfortunately, the Sales person didn’t even bother to hear me out, so she immediately referred me to their head office within Computer Village which I zoomed off to the Head office right away. When I got there, I peacefully explained the same issue and their technical personnel directed me to Samsung Care Ikeja that the phone has a warranty and Samsung would repair my damages. I was filled with joy that finally I could enjoy Samsung's warranty for the very 1st time in my life but was disappointed after Samsung’s Customer Rep queried my IMEI NUMBER on her system to find out that my Samsung Galaxy J7 was meant for the UAE and Samsung Care will not touch or attempt to repair my Phone and she asked me where I bought the device I responded quickly with the answer #AffordablePhonesIkeja. Her face changed as she told me that #AffordablePhonesIkeja always sell phones without Nigeria warranty, she felt bad that I fell into the same pit with some customers that also came for similar issues from the same #AffordablePhonesIkeja. She asked me to go back to them to sort out my issues which I found a bit confusing because I was wondering whether Samsung is not at peace with other country/region. As long as it is their Brand in focus been painted black by some fraudulent Companies, why will they sit back and watch scenario like this happen without interfering, taking take legal action against these companies for downplaying their brand image.

I left and returned back to #AffordablePhonesIkeja with the verdict Samsung Care gave to me, they still refuse to collect my defective Samsung Galaxy J7 and immediately stated that I have to pay to change the screen of the Phone without even properly checking it. I stood my ground and insisted they must check my phone and repair it. I jokingly asked even if I should repair my screen for how much? They replied N35,000 and I bought the device for N65,900.00 and it didn't last up to 2 months. I was helpless, frustrated and disappointed. I asked to see the person in charge which they refer me to a man named Wale Ojo. He saw the phone and told me bluntly that #AffordablePhonesIkeja will not touch or work on my phone even with the 24 months warranty on it even after telling him Samsung also refused to repair it. What should I do? When #SamsungNigeria and #Affordable Phones has denied me of my warranty. Why should Nigerians ever trust companies like these intimating and defrauding consumers without agencies like SON, Customer Protection Council (CPC) doing nothing, it goes by the saying that Nigeria is Fantastically Corrupt Like or Hate it, but it is the gospel truth.

Still On the Matter, I visited a nearby police unit in Computer Village and reported the issue , they invited Wale the Manger at the Head Office to resolve the warranty issue. Wale told the Police inspector without any fear of losing an existing customer that they will not repair the phone because their own warranty does not cover a Physical damaged screen insisting that Samsung will not also cover the damages which is a big lie. The police inspector told him if they can’t repair the screen that they should give it to Samsung Care instead, which was impossible or they should take the phone from me and check it 1st before jumping into conclusion. After all the talks, The Police educated Mr Wale on customer service with different instance while they should treat my issue as soon as possible before millions of Nigerians get to read it this way.

Wale went back with the phone, the technical team checked it and also told me it was the screen that I have to pay for it to get it fixed they can’t decide on the matter that their Managing Director has the final Say. I asked to meet him, but they refused to either give me his contact or send me into his office if not for an employee of the company that took pity on me and pointed me to the MD's contact on the receipt. I called the MD who talks like a fraudulent man without single respect for his customer he told me to do my worst after telling him about the issue that I will not pay and if they didn’t fix my phone I will expose them online. He said and I quote “If I don’t pay N30, 000 for Wale to authorize them to repair the phone, then I should do my worst and take it up anywhere”. I have never been a man of violence or a person that work or pray towards the downfall of a company, but on this matter, I only wished, they are closed down for lying and defrauding Nigerians of their right to their warranty. I only pray Nigerians should help trend this issue till our government take a necessary action towards the protection of consumers against companies like #SamsungNigeria and #AffordablePhonesIkeja that have placed me on a position where I have to lick my wounds all by myself.

Any Nigerian that goes to #AffordablePhonesIkeja to buy a new phone has already sentenced his/her phone to death because they will never listen to your claims or see reasons with you within the warranty period. As an ordinary Nigeria without the connection enjoyed by the sons and daughters of elite Nigerians, I will only find comfort by exposing their deeds so other Nigerians will be informed. My only regret is how I have advised two of my colleagues to also buy the same phone from them which they did. Please Nigerians, I need your advice on what to do next because I have collected my defective Samsung Galaxy J7 with Samsung Nigeria and #AffordablePhonesIkeja refusing to listen to a customer’s appeal. I have decided that I and my family will never buy any Samsung product or any brand from #AffordablePhonesIkeja.

cc Lalastica, seun mynd44, ishilove

https://www./fraudulent-affordablesphonesikeja-selling-brand-new-phones-benson

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 12:37am On May 16, 2016
These are the Receipt and image of the Samsung Galaxy J7 which Affordable Phones Ikeja and samsungNigeria refuses to repair just barely one month of usage. What should i do now?

1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by nerilove(m): 1:19am On May 16, 2016
Why did you buy from those crooks, you should have gone to Slot and enjoy your full warranty. Anyway, CPC is your best bet. Find out their office close to you and they will take over the case from you.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 1:37am On May 16, 2016
nerilove:
Why did you buy from those crooks, you should have gone to Slot and enjoy your full warranty. Anyway, CPC is your best bet. Find out their office close to you and they will take over the case from you.

I will be heading to their office at Illupeji Today. Hopefully, they can help me out anyway possible.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by steppin: 1:38am On May 16, 2016
I know the people who own the company. You better forget about this and move on. They won't listen to you. They are not like slot, who are professionals and have an image to maintain.
Their so called UK used phones are sometimes refurbished and their batteries new.
The man who owns the company lives in Ogun state. I can give you his address, maybe you can block him and give him some beating. grin

4 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 1:47am On May 16, 2016
steppin:
I know the people who own the company. You better forget about this and move on. They won't listen to you.
Their so called UK used phones are sometimes refurbished and their batteries new.
The man who owns the company lives in Ogun state. I can give you his address, maybe you can block him and give him some beating. grin

My brother i don't mind getting the address embarassed. I was totally disappointed that a business owner in this shaking economy would act such a way cry.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Isaactop9(m): 6:16am On May 16, 2016
Feel your pain bro, I don't think you'll need the address cheesy , expect you to act maturedly and visit agencies like CPC, SON to table your complain. I think the mods can help us move this to FP to create more awarness,things like this can happen to anyone Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by TDonald: 6:53am On May 16, 2016
ubazman:

My brother i don't mind getting the address embarassed. I was totally disappointed that a business owner in this shaking economy would act such a way cry.

The owner of affordable is BAYO ABIRU

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by idu1(m): 6:56am On May 16, 2016
Frontpage please..

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Youngpo413: 7:28am On May 16, 2016
As for me na slot or never o...

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2016
idu1:
Frontpage please..

I will appreciate if this goes to frontpage. I have sent a mail to the moderators but i really don't know how to convince them. I really need Nigerians to be informed so no one will ever fall victims to buying phones from Affordable Phone.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by PreciousNwankwo: 8:17am On May 16, 2016
AFFORDABLE as a phone company should be banned.. that company is nothing but fraudulent, corporate thieves. Nigerians should better wise up and not patronize them for any new phone at all especially the likes of Samsung... Affordables: Heartless Idiots.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by somehowpenis(m): 8:21am On May 16, 2016
Lalastica, seun mynd44, ishilove , front page so as to expose these thieves.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Escodeb(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2016
Very bad. I think SON or CPC should be able to help you
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Saorchy(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
I have never seen a daylight robbery until this post. How can you sell a phone you claim has a 24 months warranty and it ain't up to 2 months yet, no physical damage and you refuse to repair it knowing it's still covered by warranty. This is bad market for #Samsung and AffordablePhones Nigeria. These guys don't know anything about customer service. If you treat a customer bad, he tells 50 customers, that 50 tells 50 different customers apiece, your business is down.
Please I hope Customer Protection Council and Standards Organization of Nigeria do the needful and seal off #AffordablePhoneNg

CC: lalasticlala, obynoscopy, mynd44, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by queenfav(f): 11:38am On May 16, 2016
kpele @op..next time go for brands with good customer care.After my gionee p5w got stolen,i got an s plus.I discovered after some days that d battery percentage stays stuck on a particular figure for more than 15 mins,plus d fact that my flash doesnt work all the time when taking pictures at night. I complained to them via their user feedback app pre-installed on the fone.They replied via my mail provided and directed me to visit any of their care centres.I quickly located the one at mokola roundabout,where they welcomed me and apologized for the issues with the phone.Without useless questions or even checking d imei(which i have even changed to use glo bis),they told me to drop the phone with them for proper analysis.I did that and dropped my contact no,In abt 3 hrs time,they called me to come pick it up.I got there and inquired abt d reason for the camera flash issues i was experiencing, they said my software needed upgrading (which they have done) and also changed d charging port being the reason i was experiencing charging issues.The manager even bought me bottled water as fine girl concern. lol..Till date,i have zero issues o,enjoying my phone camera and battery to the fullest.I was really impressed with their customer care, because i was ready to go there and make serious wahala.Oga op,just move on and get another phone,than using 35k to change d screen.From changing d screen, dey might damage d on screen controls or sth else.You must have learnt your lesson that most of these big brands don't give a hoot about you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2016
You can't blame Samsung NG for their refusal to repair the phone. They make different versions of the same model for different regions. The UAE version may not be the same as the Nigerian version and Samsung NG may not be licensed to repair it. I always buy my high-end phones from Slot. They are reliable...relatively, and they have an image to protect.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by grimadult(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2016
Same thing they did to me a year ago. Bought a blackberry Q10 from them,only to find out the BBM it's not even connected to RIM database. So practically the phone is useless. Went back to them and they BLUNTLY refused to grant me audience and pointed out a phone number that I should call. One midget there (can't remember his name) got me so mad I nearly sucker punched him. I had to drop the phone for them and walked away.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Babalegba(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2016
What a horror story .I was in their shop to buy a bb torch some years back but they did not have it in stock,reading your story now ,I realize I was lucky not to buy from them. What a bunch of crooks selling expensive phones without warranty.I'm surprised you involved the police in a civil matter though. Pls don't let the matter die like that,involve the relevant agencies. More people need to start complaining about wrongs in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2016
grimadult:
Same thing they did to me a year ago. Bought a blackberry Q10 from them,only to find out the BBM it's not even connected to RIM database. So practically the phone is useless. Went back to them and they BLUNTLY refused to grant me audience and pointed out a phone number that I should call. One midget there (can't remember his name) got me so mad I nearly sucker punched him. I had to drop the phone for them and walked away.

The midget name is Wale Ojo. For the very 1st time in my Life i felt powerless and have no body to turn to even the police inside the container post in Computer Village knew about these company atrocities but never did anything maybe they do settle them or not. I just throw our N65,900 just like that. I really felt like a rape victim.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by ubazman(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2016
The worst part is that the Screen of the phone was not physically damaged and no forceful impact as you can see on the 2nd post. I will be heading to CPC office at Illupeju and will give an update on what they decide to do.I just wish this post is on front page so more Nigerians can really learn because it will pain me the more if someone should complain about them again on nairaland.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by queenfav(f): 1:27pm On May 16, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
You can't blame Samsung NG for their refusal to repair the phone. They make different versions of the same model for different regions. The UAE version may not be the same as the Nigerian version and Samsung NG may not be licensed to repair it. I always buy my high-end phones from Slot. They are reliable...relatively, and they have an image to protect.
please,he has every right to blame them!Are u saying a warranty should be place specific?Imo,its their product, the issue as to which country the device version was made for is highly irrelevant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2016
queenfav:
please,he has every right to blame them!Are u saying a warranty should be place specific?Imo,its their product, the issue as to which country the device version was made for is highly irrelevant.
It has always been in their terms sis. The different versions usually have some different features. For example, Samsung US versions mostly come with 4G enabled and they have different chipsets from Samsung NG or even Samsung Africa. It's possible that their engineers in Nigeria are not trained to repair other versions apart from the Nigerian versions.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by 4peace(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

It has always been in their terms sis. The different versions usually have some different features. For example, Samsung US versions mostly come with 4G enabled and they have different chipsets from Samsung NG or even Samsung Africa. It's possible that their engineers in Nigeria are not trained to repair other versions apart from the Nigerian versions.

Story

If you know SamsungcareNg you wont buy any samsung product at all.

I bought LG d410 at slot repaired it with warranty at accra,I was thinking like you until i get to their office and they said i'm covered worldwide.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by kolexepana: 2:09pm On May 16, 2016
Hmm, was even thinking of getting boom j8 from them before
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by balash(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2016
They need to be dealt with! Imagine they said he should go do what he likes? They don't know the power of social media. Op abeg go twitter!! Them go help u promote am more
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by duno: 4:31pm On May 16, 2016
I bought same phone from them, so if anything happens to the phone I am on my own cry
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by MARKone(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
OP you shouldn't have gone there, their office environment is capable of scarring people away. Would have bought a phone from them one time, but their price was ridiculously low, my mind was telling me it's fake. Had to go to another retailer, payed more and got my fone, which I am still using. Beg the Mods to push it to front page so that others would learn.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 16, 2016
Saorchy:
I have never seen a daylight robbery until this post. How can you sell a phone you claim has a 24 months warranty and it ain't up to 2 months yet, no physical damage and you refuse to repair it knowing it's still covered by warranty. This is bad market for #Samsung and AffordablePhones Nigeria. These guys don't know anything about customer service. If you treat a customer bad, he tells 50 customers, that 50 tells 50 different customers apiece, your business is down.
Please I hope Customer Protection Council and Standards Organization of Nigeria do the needful and seal off #AffordablePhoneNg

CC: lalasticlala, obynoscopy, mynd44, ishilove

Actually it is not Samsung's fault. Affordables should bear the responsibility. It is obvious they imported the phones illegally from the UAE to sell here and they know fully their warranty does not cover Nigeria. When u buy a brand new phone from another region, eg USA and then bring the phone to Nigeria, u can't claim warranty in Nigeria, u can only claim it in the region where u bought the phone from. This is why Samsung Nigeria will not touch the phone.

Some of these phones have different internals for different regions and the engineers here are trained for specific regions. And sometimes the parts for other regions might not be available here. Affordables really screwed up on this, now their image is dented over something that could have been settler amicably. No doubt their phones are cheap (probably because they import them illegally hence no warranty) so people will always patronize them.
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by yomalex(m): 6:09pm On May 16, 2016
Customer Care is all that matters
Re: Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. by donshabaz(m): 12:51pm On May 17, 2016
I have bought phones from them in times past, way back 2011 they tried to sell me a dead Curve 2 i noticed when testing it there and they wanted to tell me stories, when i made a scene they immediately replaced it (before they expanded their office there). Basically its better to buy your high end phones at the Slot (its worth the cash abeg).

Just yesterday i almost fell for them again, cos of the sudden up surge of phone prices and my Note edge was just stolen and needed to replace it.
but as God will save me i couldn't conclude the transaction (I was tempted cos they had a 36kNGN difference on same phone compared to "Purch" and 55kNGN less than that in "Slot" all on medical road ikeja) my people won't you be tempted for such deals in these economic times. After leaving "Slot" i tried "Purch" agreed on phone; transferred from non-atm account to Atm-enabled account, only to use POS and behold: "declined transaction due to insufficient funds, apparently the transfer did not deliver in my atm-bank account(but transfer was successful in principle), I then left "Purch" to confirm using an ATM machine if funds had reflected, but as i walked i saw "affordable phones" as I approached the entrance, i was blocked by a university colleague who owns a store around, we had a chat and concluded, i eventually entered and behold i saw their price list which blew my mind, men! i saw cheap and "my eyes chook", i immediately called my wife and said babe see price difference less 55k from what i saw in slot oh and even less 36k of what i almost bought at Purch now oh. Well to cut all the long story short I DIDN'T BUY IT matter of fact i didn't buy any phone after spending 4 hours in computer village. Why? my transferred funds didn't reflect in my ATM account, i thought i used Neft option so i tried the NIBSS option again (another transfer that didn't reflect again) having checked i used the correct NIBSS initially sef. I left feeling tired and unaccomplished. On my way while driving towards Agege Motor road through Adegbola street(about 2km from comp villa) i refreshed my account balance and i saw the first transfer had reflected, it was 6:02pm so i just continued home.

As my mind no clear me i say make i research this impeccable Affordable phones guys vs pricing vs authenticity, cos you can't drop 1k dollars anyhow in these times or anytime for that matter. In retrospect I thank God, I will just enter Slot jeje and spend a little extra (as i have done for my last two phones before this economic recession) for Peace!

These third parties(UAE & co) in the supply chain does not go through the approved Samsung Nigeria channel responsible for Samsung phones in Nigeria. Thats why they won't touch it as it does not contribute to their bottom line. Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo New Data Plan #1,000 - 3.2gb / Tecno Pova 3 Review - 7000mah Battery / How To Port Custom ROM Directly From Your Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.