Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? (5478 Views)

What Does Eckankar Members Do. / Eckankar Youths On How To Contact The Holy Spirit ( Video) / Follow Better Church, Follow ECKANKAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:45am On May 16, 2016
So, a friend and I were anguing some time ago about churches and at the mention of Eckankar, she started hating! It got me so curious that I had to make research. I've tried google but didn't get any 'straight to the point' answer, only that they probably don't believe in Jesus, just a 'God' they refer to as 'HU'. I want to know their doctrine. I want to know if they're heavenly minded. I also want to know why they choose to call God 'HU'. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 16, 2016
Hmm..wanna learn too
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 16, 2016
MissRomantic:
So, a friend and I were anguing some time ago about churches and at the mention of Eckankar, she started hating! It got me so curious that I had to make research. I've tried google but didn't get any 'straight to the point' answer, only that they probably don't believe in Jesus, just a 'God' they refer to as 'HU'. I want to know their doctrine. I want to know if they're heavenly minded. I also want to know why they choose to call God 'HU'. Thanks.

eckist don't call God HU. I doubt if you really googled anything about them. HU is just a mantra that is chanted during meditation. Its a sound that can help connect the God within, as a piece of HIM is deposited in every individual that was/is created. People fear what they don't understand and despise what they can't subdue. Do you really want to know the truth?!
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 9:29am On May 16, 2016
coollabman:

eckist don't call God HU. I doubt if you really googled anything about them. HU is just a mantra that is chanted during meditation. Its a sound that can help connect the God within, as a piece of HIM is deposited in every individual that was/is created. People fear what they don't understand and despise what they can't subdue. Do you really want to know the truth?!
Yeahh.. I sure do. What about the supposed Jesus connection churches preach?
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 16, 2016
MissRomantic:
There are a few threads here about it. It looks like a demonic fellowship to me.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 9:00pm On May 16, 2016
Muafrika2:

There are a few threads here about it. It looks like a demonic fellowship to me.
Hmmm.. What makes you think so?
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 4:46am On May 17, 2016
MissRomantic:
Hmmm.. What makes you think so?

Anything about "energies" of man, earth, stars, et cetera is referrence to various forms of demonic powers. They teach about how to harness such.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Busayorafael(m): 6:13am On May 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

Anything about "energies" of man, earth, stars, et cetera is referrence to various forms of demonic powers. They teach about how to harness such.
Lmao@Demonic is anything Christianity. ×winks×
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 6:43am On May 17, 2016
MissRomantic:
Yeahh.. I sure do. What about the supposed Jesus connection churches preach?

eckist don't deny Jesus as far as I know.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Ken4Christ: 9:38am On May 17, 2016
Please accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. That is what you need. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the living water that you drink and taste no more. He will give you peace that is beyond human comprehension. He died for you so you might live forever. He is the only man that conquered death. Read the whole gospel of John to know more about Jesus.

The eckist will lead you away from the truth. They only acknowledge Jesus as a great teacher but do not believe in him as their Saviour.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 17, 2016
As a former eckist, i will say eckankar is harmless fun.
Every one of their beliefs is unfalsifiable; you may never come out once you join. Cheers
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:40pm On May 17, 2016
coollabman:

Are you one?
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:42pm On May 17, 2016
timonski:
As a former eckist, i will say eckankar is harmless fun.
Every one of their beliefs is unfalsifiable; you may never come out once you join. Cheers
Strange! sounds like a society.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:48pm On May 17, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Please accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. That is what you need. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the living water that you drink and taste no more. He will give you peace that is beyond human comprehension. He died for you so you might live forever. He is the only man that conquered death. Read the whole gospel of John to know more about Jesus.

The eckist will lead you away from the truth. They only acknowledge Jesus as a great teacher but do not believe in him as their Saviour.
Am a christian. Just curious.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:49pm On May 17, 2016
Busayorafael:
Lmao@Demonic is anything Christianity. ×winks×
Seriously?
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 17, 2016
MissRomantic:
Are you one?

do I look like one?! cheesy wink
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
coollabman:

do I look like one?! cheesy wink
Lol.. You sound like one. Are you?
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 17, 2016
MissRomantic:
Lol.. You sound like one. Are you?

am a lot of things my dear! you could get a closer look if you want to wink
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 11:33pm On May 17, 2016
coollabman:

am a lot of things my dear! you could get a closer look if you want to wink
Why not give me a straight-to-the-point answer.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 17, 2016
MissRomantic:
Why not give me a straight-to-the-point answer.

its a simple matter my dear! it will be apparent if you take a closer look wink
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 11:59pm On May 17, 2016
coollabman:

its a simple matter my dear! it will be apparent if you take a closer look wink
Alright then. As you wish.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 12:03am On May 18, 2016
MissRomantic:
Alright then. As you wish.
cheesy
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by BetterChurch: 11:01pm On May 18, 2016
MissRomantic:

You can visit the official ECKANKAR website below to learn more about the Religion.
www.Eckankar.org

It's a lovely and wonderful religion.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Amberon11: 6:38am On May 22, 2016
They do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. Like the Muslims, they believe HE is just a messenger. Anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is Lord has denied Christ already.
coollabman:

Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by BetterChurch: 10:07am On May 22, 2016
Amberon11:
They do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. Like the Muslims, they believe HE is just a messenger. Anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is Lord has denied Christ already.

What's important is that YOU don't deny Jesus and his wonderful teaching of love in your thoughts, words and deeds. "And it shall be well with you"

Others want to take their commitment to God's love to a much higher level. That is why ECKANKAR is here. See some of there stories at www.Eckankarblog.org
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 22, 2016
MissRomantic:
i have a friend who belongs to the society. Nothing too odd though, buh some mystic stuffs with regards worship.
I would visit the church soon, I love adventures and discoveries
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
I was an eckist in the 90s,first of eckist don't meditate,they contemplate and word hu is love song,mahanta is their known God,if u need peace it can be found in eck,but believe me it's an expensive hobby,as you will be made to send $$$ to the USA for lessons every year and if u stop sending ur $$ you re forgotten about.

And secondly,they believe in karma,that is where it get complicated,am too lazy to write,there's nothing Hamful about eck,but.......

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:36am On May 23, 2016
euromilion:
I was an eckist in the 90s,first of eckist don't meditate,they contemplate and word hu is love song,mahanta is their known God,if u need peace it can be found in eck,but believe me it's an expensive hobby,as you will be made to send $$$ to the USA for lessons every year and if u stop sending ur $$ you re forgotten about.

And secondly,they believe in karma,that is where it get complicated,am too lazy to write,there's nothing Hamful about eck,but.......
Pls, continue.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 8:39am On May 23, 2016
sapiosexual1:

i have a friend who belongs to the society. Nothing too odd though, buh some mystic stuffs with regards worship.
I would visit the church soon, I love adventures and discoveries
That mystic scares the crap outta me. makes it seem like an occult thing.
Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by Nobody: 9:14am On May 23, 2016
MissRomantic:
That mystic scares the crap outta me. makes it seem like an occult thing.
Let's not mince words, there are seeming occultic practises in their worship, but as a visitor or lay member, you may not get exposed to such depths.I for one love adventures, so my curiosity often overcomes my fears.
It's the same curiosity that drove me to visit the Rosicrusians and AMORC. Experience gained cannot be quantified

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? by MissRomantic(f): 9:17am On May 23, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Let's not mince words, there are occultic practises in their worship. It just depends on how thick ur skin is, i for one love adventures, so my curiosity often overcomes my fears.
It's the same curiosity that drove me to visit the Rosicrusians and AMORC. Experience gained cannot be quantified
Oh.. I see..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does The Translation Process Impact The Inspiration, Inerrancy Of The Bible? / Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.